FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hatrack broke my thinking cap (or How I learned to stop worrying and love the Chad) (Page 4)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Hatrack broke my thinking cap (or How I learned to stop worrying and love the Chad)
vwiggin
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for vwiggin   Email vwiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
[Hail]

You're an goddess and Dag has minions. I feel so inadequate.

P.S. Possible caption: "In place of a dark lord
you would have a queen! Not dark but beautiful and terrible as the dawn!"

You looked like a hotter, younger version of Cate Blanchett. [Smile]

Posts: 1592 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
Hatrack is where we "speak with passion and listen with respect." It's in the terms of service.

Chad, if you don't adapt to the respect part, then you will likely be asked to leave. Please don't let that happen. Things were getting better, but they've slid back down into name-calling and shouting matches. You can do that elsewhere on the web with impunity, but not at this private site.

As Tom said, the excuse that "you don't have to read it" doesn't fly. The hosts don't have to fund inappropriate behavior, either, and they won't.

Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
You're an goddess and Dag has minions.
You're half right. I have no minions yet.

I ordered some from minions-R-us, but they haven't arrived.

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Oooh if Dag says I'm a goddess does that make it legal??

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a drill sargent in Pookaville and a supplicant in the Order of Noemonites. [Smile]
Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

Only if you're a tort, AJ. Saucy wench.

[ROFL]

BannaOj
Member # 3206

tortes...eaten...

<yeah if your mind is dirty enough you'll go there, if not you remain unstained>

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

quote:
Oooh if Dag says I'm a goddess does that make it legal??
No, it just makes it true. [Wink]

Once I have minions to enforce my will, then it will be legal.

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

oooh, you know Celia should have you do the writing on her soul contracts. (Though she normally acquires them through illicit deals.)

AJ

pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
I believe Sara coined the term "Daghead". And it's Pooktopia. Though "ville" reminds me of the train set in "A Mighty Wind".
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
I need to decide on a Hatrack career move. Should I volunteer to be a minion, or hold out for goddess status?

*ponders*

[ October 12, 2004, 08:54 PM: Message edited by: Megan ]

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vwiggin
Member # 926

"Though she normally acquires them through illicit deals."

What do you think lawyers are for?

Posts: 1592 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Almost...but those same laws that make you a legal goddess prevent you from ever using your powers for anything.... [Big Grin]

The funny thing about this whole conversation is that I had just been defending this troll in another thread two days ago, talking about how far he had come in a short time.... [Roll Eyes]

I had not even posted in this thread, or any other political threads, for a few days because the level of animosity in them had ratcheted up to a point where I was uncomfortable.

Then out of nowhere, Chad opened his mouth and something stupid popped out, with my name in it..... [Evil]

Edited because I can't type
Kwea

[ October 12, 2004, 09:30 PM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vwiggin
Member # 926

I would volunteer to be Sara's minion, but I'm already Shan's house peon.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

quote:
Though "ville" reminds me of the train set in "A Mighty Wind".
Pookaville must be lovely in the autumn.
BannaOj
Member # 3206

Why can't Pookaville be a nice quiet country suburb outside of Pooktopia?

AJ

Dagonee
Member # 5818

quote:
Then out of nowhere, Chad opened his mouth and somethind stupid poped out, with my name in it.....
You're missing either an "o" or a "p" in "poped."

Dagonee

CStroman
Member # 6872

- posted      Profile for CStroman   Email CStroman         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, the civility I've shown in this thread certainly hasn't been reciprocated.

But I doubt anyone will call into question anyone elses rudeness or uncivility.

If you can't see it and need me to point it out to you, look harder at the labels placed on me in this thread, then with a straight face demand "civility" from me.

I have responded to this thread and it's hatred in a civilized way (heck I even tried to be comical to change the mood). If all you can do to respond is call names and attach labels then I have nothing to say to you.

I leave you to your Chad bashing.

Posts: 1533 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

Uh, if you were comical, none of us got it.

AJ

Megan
Member # 5290

Chad, please, if I have been uncivil to you in any way, please point it out.
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
See, Kwea makes the list but I was the first person to come out and call Chad a dickhead. I think he must have some short term memory problems. Certainly his posting style seems to suggest that this might be the case.

At the same time, it's interesting to watch him work and wonder what points I consider so intrinsically true that I react in a Chad-like fashion to defend them. I suppose, it being the nature of the beast, I'll never know.

And yet, despite the fact that I'm sure I have the same failings as he in that regard, there are no 4 page posts about what a prick I am. Or anyone else for that matter.

Ah well.

Would it be tacky of me to start an office pool on the date he finally gets himself banned?

Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

Megan -- "Goddess of Civility"

[ October 12, 2004, 09:04 PM: Message edited by: BannaOj ]

Megan
Member # 5290

Banna, you may have just caused me to eee twice in one thread!

Yay! [Party]

I may just keep that post and frame it!

Zeugma
Member # 6636

- posted      Profile for Zeugma   Email Zeugma         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, for the love of Pete, won't someone please post a good "Hanging Chad" joke already?!?
Posts: 1681 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
I would like to point out that I have been rude and uncivil to Chad on every occasion possible. I have been rude in this thread, the first thread where his behavior was brought up, and the 2nd Presidential Debate thread.

I freely admit that I take the same perverse pleasure in mocking Chad that I did back in elementary school when I teased the local bully. I also admit that this may make me a bad person and encourage all other Hatrackers to judge me as they see fit.

I also have no willpower and enjoy few things more than descending into depravity and guilty pleasures.

In closing, Chad, you're still a wanker.

Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

It's true. He's incapable of being honest.
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Too bad he isn't willing to answer the how many forums questions.

Perhaps they make him uncomfortable.

Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CStroman
Member # 6872

- posted      Profile for CStroman   Email CStroman         Edit/Delete Post 
I never claimed you were Megan. Sorry if you thought I included you.

Anyone who browses the 4 pages can see what "labels" have been attached to me by Dagonee, Kwea, Ben, and the like.

All claiming the need for "respect" while blatantly disrespecting.

Again, I'll leave the thread for your continued Chad bashing.

Enjoy!

Posts: 1533 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Ooh, BtL, you got lumped in with "the like" even after that post.

Wait, so did I. *scowl*

What's one got to do to be considered insulting around here!

Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolixshore
Member # 4496

- posted      Profile for prolixshore           Edit/Delete Post 
Bob the Lawyer is my hero.

--ApostleRadio

Posts: 1612 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

Chad, you're about as good at leaving threads for us to bash you as we are at ignoring your useless drivel. Perhaps we deserve each other, eh?
Dagonee
Member # 5818

By your definitions I haven't attached any label to you.

I admit I have labeled you. But your dishonesty is evident on even casual inspections of your own posts, so I feel confident in my labelling.

Dagonee

Ben
Member # 6117

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben         Edit/Delete Post 
nobody commented on my clever thread title change. come on. if you guys aren't going to appreciate my efforts i'm just going to quit trying. sheesh.
Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

Ben, I love it! [Smile] Good on ya for the Kubrick reference! You go!
vwiggin
Member # 926

There's no fighting in the Ben room!
pooka
Member # 5003

Vlasic really does make a nice pickle. Say, That reminds me... P.S. Ben, I did note the reference, though I would have said "...stop worrying and love the Chad".

[ October 12, 2004, 09:28 PM: Message edited by: pooka ]

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

*trying hard not to make a phallic pickle joke*
Jutsa Notha Name
Member # 4485

- posted      Profile for Jutsa Notha Name   Email Jutsa Notha Name         Edit/Delete Post 
Why don't you guys actually use the report button when he does perform his disrespectful and poor behavior? I have, numerous times. Maybe when the moderator warns him a few times he'll give it a rest.
Posts: 1170 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

I guess I should have mentioned that these are the mini dills.

It seems like the last time I was reporting someone (OSC-fan, in case anyone was wondering) the mod mentioned that unless you include your email address in the message it isn't actionable. FYI. There is some point of ettiquette that unless you first ask the person to desist, it isn't "nice" to report them. The only thing I would consider reporting is that there are apparently members of the community who don't like it here anymore due to someone's presence.

Kwea
Member # 2199

Hey Chad/Troll, where did I even post on this thread, before you mentioned me?

Can you read?

Or do you just not bother, because all of the damn facts might get in the way of you "expressing" your opinion....

Even though you say you don't care about what we have to say.

Yeah...I ALWAY go piss over everyone, at their own place , when I don't care bout their opinions....

[Roll Eyes] All I ever did, until now, was use your own posts against you in debates you freely entered.

Hell, you didn't even make it that hard to do.. [Laugh]

My personal favorite was when I quoted an article you had used and posted, and then you tried to nail me for not posting a link to it.....

Even though I was merely posting what you had linked to!

If you don't read your own source material, why should ANYONE here even bother caring about you at all?

[ October 12, 2004, 10:00 PM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vwiggin
Member # 926

OK Kwea, we feel your frustration. But we don't need to accuse people of punishing their family with their presence. That cannot be said of anyone, except my mom, and that's only on certain days of the month.

edited to add: [Smile]

[ October 12, 2004, 09:44 PM: Message edited by: vwiggin ]

Ben
Member # 6117

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben         Edit/Delete Post 
i punish ophelia with my presence every time i come home.
Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kerinin
Member # 4860

- posted      Profile for kerinin           Edit/Delete Post 
isn't there somewhere we can go and vote the little prick off? like hatrack survivor or something?

how 'bout a show of hands: who wishes chad would go the hell away?

[Wave]

[ October 12, 2004, 09:45 PM: Message edited by: kerinin ]

Posts: 380 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
BtL, Kwea....Cool it. Cut it out. Please.

Chad is who Chad is. We don't need you to define him for us; I'm reasonably sure that he isn't going to take your criticism to heart; and it seems rather arrogant to presume that your own insults are less actionable or worthy of criticism than his just because he did it "first," or "deserved" it.

If the mods decide he needs a warning or ban, they'll do it. Until then, we can only provide constructive -- if stern -- examples, unless we're comfortable with fighting fire with fire. But here's the thing: we do NOT fight fire with fire, because we recognize that this is not a valid excuse for fire. If we accepted this approach, we would drown the whole forum in flames.

I find your own posts to Chad as unacceptable as his posts to everyone else. I'm not as angry at you as I am at him, since I know both of you better and understand your motivations -- but, for exactly the same reason, I'm more disappointed in the two of you.

We have a perfectly good sheriff; we don't need to lynch anybody.

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
i punish ophelia with my presence every time i come home.
And how.
Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vwiggin
Member # 926

Then why do you reward him with your wonton pantlessness? Hmmmm?
Zeugma
Member # 6636

- posted      Profile for Zeugma   Email Zeugma         Edit/Delete Post 
Best. Page-starter. Ever.
Posts: 1681 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Done...and from here on out, consider this a warning, Chad...

I have a pretty good record with reporting people here, Chad...I havn't done a lot of it, but most of the people I have are no longer inflicting themselves on us here.

I can't kick anyone off, but I can...and will...report you the next time you call anyone a name, or go too far.

I don't expect you to change...change requires an admission of fault and a desire to avoid the same fault in the future....

But now you can't say no one has warned you.

Just in case you forgot that the mods weighed in on that on your first week....which, BTW, was a record, I think.

Oh yeah....it was all them, not you...

Nevermind....

[ October 12, 2004, 10:05 PM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Katarain
Member # 6659

- posted      Profile for Katarain   Email Katarain         Edit/Delete Post 
Who's the other person? Come on! Some of us can't figure it out from the references.

-Katarain

Edit: wow, 5 page thread. I'll read it later and find out.. maybe.

[ October 12, 2004, 10:04 PM: Message edited by: Katarain ]

Posts: 2880 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

I took the really bad stuff out...not because it wasn't true, but because this isn't the first ambush he has done on people here, and it is time he got called on it.

But I don't react to things that way usually, so I remocved it.

It did no good, and possibly some harm...not to Chad...

I don't care about him at all, from this point on..

But to Hatrack.

So, it's done.

Good enough? [Big Grin]

[ October 12, 2004, 10:05 PM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.