FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » What is up with the guys in this country?? (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: What is up with the guys in this country??
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

- posted      Profile for newfoundlogic   Email newfoundlogic         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Mr. Binks?
He means Jar Jar, or Jar Head.

quote:
American and Israeli universities look at the percentage, and don't make allowances of that kind.
I have no experience with the latter, but most American universites also look at your class rank and therefore by doing so inherently make allowances for tougher grading.
Posts: 3446 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
I know it would be a problem anywhere else, I wasn't trying to defend your teacher, just to explain that even if he is wrong to do this in another country, this is how things work here and now. [Smile]
EDIT : Stupid keybord. Stupid fingers.

[ December 09, 2004, 01:32 PM: Message edited by: Anna ]

Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, Anna, I know, I was agreeing with you.

And NFL, Aviva's university said they will not accept her if she has less than a 90%. It's purely numerical. I don't know which university it is, but there you go.

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

- posted      Profile for newfoundlogic   Email newfoundlogic         Edit/Delete Post 
In that case I'm not sure what's weirder, the French guy's grading system or the university.
Posts: 3446 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry Raia - every time Jar posts, I keep picturing JarJar Binks trying to work a keyboard.

And this guy isn't the first prof to have a whimsical grading scheme - but most universities have some sort of objective standard or at least a person to protest to if you think his classroom behavior is unfair or arbitrary.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.