FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » "Homer's nose" An entertainment pet peeve thread. (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: "Homer's nose" An entertainment pet peeve thread.
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, they came *really* close to doing ST:90210, from what I've read. [Angst]
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The fourth was ST:Enterprise, which they decided on.
Other than the Academy one, which would have been like hell on earth, I think they picked the most boring one. Another ship flying through space! How novel!

They should have done a more interesting idea which deviates from what we were used to, like the Star Trek: Away Team idea or something. They needed change, and they didn't choose the one that would change it.

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

- posted      Profile for UofUlawguy   Email UofUlawguy         Edit/Delete Post 
I remember the most stunning thing about the ST:TNG finale for me was that they broke out of the everybody-in-the-same-plane-and-with-the-same-orientation thing.

Actually, it's been so long that I could be wrong about this. Wasn't that the episode where a future-version of the Enterprise came out of nowhere from what, to everybody else, was below, and blasted the heck out of another ship? Or did this happen in one of the movies?

Posts: 1652 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
My God, we're such geeks!
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the_Somalian
Member # 6688

- posted      Profile for the_Somalian   Email the_Somalian         Edit/Delete Post 
I find it interesting how in many tv shows that contain boyfriend/girlfriend situations after the two we were hoping would get together finally do get together they don't last that long, or break up and frequently get back together if they're major characters...for instance, Zack and Kelly on Saved By The Bell, or Rachel or Ross on friends. Thinking about it, this seems more frequent in sitcoms.
Posts: 722 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
The ST:TNG finale had Picard jumping through time. There were 3 versions of the enterprise at that anomoly -- one where Picard had barely become captain, one with Picard 8 years later (at the end of the show), and one captained by Admiral Riker.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
"If I had a pretty little peeve, I'd pamper it like it was like a queen."
Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the_Somalian
Member # 6688

- posted      Profile for the_Somalian   Email the_Somalian         Edit/Delete Post 
I too am of the opinion that they shouldn't have made Enterprise, but instead put the entire franchise on hiatus, waited half a decade or so and jumped to the future 400 years from the time frame of Voyager/DSN into a totally different era in which everything is in a sort of decline and aliances have utterly shifted.
Posts: 722 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

Starfleet in the dark ages would be pretty cool.
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
"All Good Things" is by far one of the best episodes of any Star Trek series. The future Enterprise (GalaxyX - Class, NCC 1701-D) has a cloaking device and some sort of new age phaser mounted on the dorsal side of the saucer section. Very cool design, Riker had the ship refitted when he was made Admiral.

And yes, we are massive, massive dorks/geeks.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the_Somalian
Member # 6688

quote:
I remember the most stunning thing about the ST:TNG finale for me was that they broke out of the everybody-in-the-same-plane-and-with-the-same-orientation thing."
That was indeed amazing and it is matched in quality (IMO) only by the film "First Contact" and several two-parter episodes in "Voyager" ("Year Of Hell", certainly, plus "Scorpion") and the entire last story arc of Deep Space Nine during the final season. Those for me were the height of the Star Trek franchise.
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
My God, we're such geeks!
Wait 'till we get started!
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Verily the Younger
Member # 6705

- posted      Profile for Verily the Younger   Email Verily the Younger         Edit/Delete Post 
I always wanted them to do a Trek series from the point of view of the Klingons. The Klingons are one of the most fascinating fictional cultures ever devised, and they've even developed a language for them that real people have actually learned and can speak. I think having a whole series set on a Klingon world or space station or ship (though it would have to be better lit than Klingon ships have traditionally been) would be a wonderful opportunity to explore and enrich their culture even further. And it could even teach us valuable lessons about ourselves . . . or some crap like that. Mostly I just think it would be cool. [Big Grin]
Posts: 1814 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
oh Verily I LOVE that idea!
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
School4ever
Member # 5575

- posted      Profile for School4ever   Email School4ever         Edit/Delete Post 
On the last page someone mentioned "Strange Days." My husband and I love this show because the science is so bad. Then we found out that NBC has it on the air as educational programming. We have discovered there is usually about one sentance each episode that includes an actual scientific principle, so now we watch just to find it.
Posts: 188 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.