FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Western Massachusetts Dinner Party (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Western Massachusetts Dinner Party
sarahdipity
Member # 3254

- posted      Profile for sarahdipity   Email sarahdipity         Edit/Delete Post 
Ha I managed to avoid PUI last night. But I didn't manage to avoid IMing oops.

*hides from the long island ice teas*

Posts: 872 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Ouch, Sarah.
I will tell you my infamous Long Island Iced tea story some day, but it will have to be in person.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, we'll be getting there about 8:00. Jamies fencing tourny is lasting pretty long.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I am out, and Jenni is cutting and cleaning the veggies now while I change out of my suit.

We will probably be there around 6:30ish... [Big Grin]

Also, I am bringing my LOTR TP game; Jenni and I figured that it would be perfect for this group of misfits! [Evil]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarahdipity
Member # 3254

- posted      Profile for sarahdipity   Email sarahdipity         Edit/Delete Post 
Argh the concert was sold out!
Posts: 872 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
*shakes fist*

You could've come! Nathan and I didn't get there till nine. Stupid weather. [Mad]

Anyway, we're home. Just thought we'd let folks know. I hope Myr posts when she gets home. o_O

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Thanks for letting us know you got home safe and sound.

We had fun...pictures to follow soon, I think... [Big Grin]

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll post them tomorrow. Now I'm crawling into bed.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
Hello hello! Safe and sound [Smile]

Had a great time! Lets do it againnn!

Wish you could have made it,sarah!

Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Too bad, Sarah!
Thanks for coming you guys, it was so much fun. I slept until 9:00, the latest I have in a long time.
The Kidnapping Victim made it through the perils of the evening: a cold house, a weak tea bag, and the constant yammering of people who talk all the time but have never met. It was so nice to meet you, Jeff!
Mack and Nathan, though tired from a grueling day and a long drive, were beaming in the light of the newly wed.
Myr was happy and sweet as always, and loved my horrendous, 1970's orange and gold kitchen floor. (which is just wrong, wrong I say)
JaneX and Shlomo were a hopeful vision of the future for me, when two siblings of opposite sex can love each other and bask in each other's presence with such obvious joy.
Kwea and JenniK are natural MC's, and kept the action going. I do not appreciate the dense, rich, chocolatey goodness they left here, though, as I am starting Weight Watchers. Again. Tomorrow.(But what is better than chocolate cake for breakfast?)
And Ela, it was so wonderful to meet my fellow over-40 Hatrack pal. You are as strong and beautiful as you are in print!
Such a great time, thanks again!

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Yes please! Pictures!
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

*rubs eyes*
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
*points at post above as proof*

You're awake! Pictures!!!

pweeeeze? *puppy-dog eyes*

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

I just woke up an hour ago! (I didn't get to sleep till after 3). I didn't even take that MANY pictures because I was tired. Gimme some time! I still need to find something to eat.
rivka
Member # 4859

I didn't get to sleep until 2:30. And you're three hours ahead. I've already had breakfast. *slurps last bits of cocoa*

And if there are few pics, it should be a fast upload. So you'll have time to upload an ADHD too, I bet.

[Evil]

*flees*

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

I still have to finish drawing one. I've been BUSY. And I fenced for six hours yesterday. Ugh. I don't want to move. And my brain isn't on yet. I actually felt it turn off yesterday, midway through my last bout. *click* *Brain Very Over*
rivka
Member # 4859

[ROFL]
rivka
Member # 4859

Yes, so busy you weren't on AIM all last week!

Oh, wait . . . that was me.

mackillian
Member # 586

Yes. Why aren't you now?

Still waiting for my brain to turn on. I might need to eat some food or something. Or the seroquel hasn't worn off yet.

rivka
Member # 4859

Food sounds good. Much better than gnawing off your own arm.

Much harder to type that way . . .

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Speaking of food, who stole the darn cheese ball, huh? Did you take it back, Evil Myr? I can't find it anywhere.

Kwea, post your dip recipe!

Kwea
Member # 2199

Dip?

First you find a true blonde...then you marry her!

Of course, I don't know who is the dip in that marriage...probably both of them! [Big Grin]

Kwea

[ February 27, 2005, 04:43 PM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

mackillian
Member # 586

Myr took the stinky beef jerky with the intent on eating it. I hope she's still alive. [Eek!]
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

*giggle*

The jerky is A M A Z I N G. munchmunchmunch. So yummy!

I left you the cheeseball... I think on the cutting board, actually. I think I forgot to stick it in the fridge [Frown]
Did it disappear? O_o

I have some pictures too but the dining halls closing in an hour and I'm still wearing the same clothes from yesterday (eeeew). S'been a packed couple days [Smile] So yes, I'll get those up [edit: when I take care of all that], though I don't have that many they're still cute ^^

[ February 27, 2005, 06:08 PM: Message edited by: MyrddinFyre ]

Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

[ROFL]
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

OK, you're off the hook, Myr, because the cheeseball has been found.

Perhaps the beef jerky can be used in a new type of aromatherapy?

T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
"MYR! Smell my jerky! It's HORRIBLE!!"
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

Should we ask WHERE you found the cheeseball?
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Myr likes:

1)My 1970's kitchen floor

2) T's nasty-a** beef jerky.

Anything else we should know, Myr?

ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]

Sounds like a good time was had by all.

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Nate walked up to me and said "Here, smell this.", adn I ran away.

I may have married a blonde, but that doesn't mean I am one!

Kwea

mackillian
Member # 586

The few pictures that I managed to take.
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Very nice, mack - your bias is showing, though . . . [Razz]
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

1) If that's "soon," remind me to never ask you to put away the milk.

2) You are such a smitten kitten. It is so adorable!

3) Cool pics. Looks like everyone had a great time. [Smile]

Kwea
Member # 2199

Nate getting caught cheating was a great time...now mack has proof...although she needs to learn the difference between film and video. [Big Grin]

Thanks for posting those mack, I will send you our pics as soon as we get them developed.

Who is in charge of foobonic these days? You should send that first group pic to them to post on foobonic....you knowm the pic where Ela has her eyes open in it.. [Evil]

ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
I love the profile shot of Myr!
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
rivka! That's mean! She's in love - of course, the milk would take second place in precedence.

*neener, neener*

[Big Grin]

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Jenni will post the Italian Veggie Dip (fat free if you want it to be) tomorrow. She was too busy tonight to do it.
mackillian
Member # 586

I have no idea what bias you're talking about.

Oh, and here's pics from when we visited jexx.

[ February 28, 2005, 12:59 AM: Message edited by: mackillian ]

mackillian
Member # 586

Fixed. [Smile]
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
Great pics, mack.

We had a great time. [Big Grin]

Elizabeth was an awesome hostess. [Smile]

Myr is beautiful (and taller than I expected her to be [Wink] ).

It was great to see jamie, Nate and Kwea again, and to finally meet JenniK. [Smile]

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

Yeah, I was just telling Ela that myr really is stunning.

And Liz is a GREAT hostess. We really do have to do this again sometime, with Nathan and I getting there earlier.

MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

Pfft.

Yes, Liz is the best hostess ever! With the coolest floor ever.

Here are the pictures that managed to find their way onto my camera. [Smile]

mackillian
Member # 586

I can't believe you ate that jerky and are still alive.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I can't believe she smelled th jerky and wanted to smell it repeatedly, and is still alive.
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
I can't believe how many pictures she took of the beef jerky. [Laugh]
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

I bet there are more that she isn't sharing.
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
*twilight zone music*

you both have exactly 13 pictures from the party...

*/music*

looks like it was fun, wish I could have come!

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

Hey, next time, you can even catch a ride with us if your mom would be okay with it. [Smile]
JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
I love the one of Myr and me. [Smile]

~Jane~

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.