FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hatrack Deathmatch! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Hatrack Deathmatch!
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, they're all set to cute you to death right now.
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
Dang I totally missed this thread!
Wow…. Ok.
So what are the rules in these matches?
Are there feats of strength? I probably have him in the running distance thing and I have been getting back into the gym! Maybe we could have a bench off!
Feats of wits? Well, KoM is getting his PhD in Physics. I stopped at my BS in Computer Engineering. So I’ll be doomed here.
Sporting events? Maybe we’ll have a round of horse or even better “Orson Scott Card” on the basketball court. I do have some time in with my church league basketball team. Maybe I can bring my team and he can bring the Physics Dept team and we can have a 5 on 5 game to help settle things!
Let’s see… what other events…. Oh I got it! A hot dog eating contest. No contest here. My eating skills are legendary!
My University (West Virginia University) vs. KoM University (University of Cincinnati). Let’s see football, we beat’em. Basketball they got to the 2nd round. WVU got to the Elite 8. But hey, Cincinnati is in the Big East next season so we’ll play all the time! Cool.
Our Orson Scott Card collections! What a better thing for the final round then this for Hatrack! The tie breaker to end all tie breakers. Fun! Not sure how many I have. I’ll have to go count.

Ok, I really hope all this is for fun. Sure the two of us debate religious issues frequently, but I do respect his opinion and enjoy his posts. I respect him working on his doctorate in physics since I consider this to be some of the most interesting and cutting edge stuff.

Also, if my passionate opinions have offended any of you recently I apologize. I do tend to feel strongly about things and like to share.

Anyway….. enough of that! Back to the deathmatch!!

[ April 05, 2005, 03:07 PM: Message edited by: Jay ]

Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portabello
Member # 7710

- posted      Profile for Portabello   Email Portabello         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Also, if my passionate opinions have offended any of you recently I apologize. I do tend to feel strongly about things and like to share.
Passsionate opinions rarely bother people here.

Presenting them in an obnoxious way often does.

Posts: 751 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
i'm rite n u are rong, u nazi!!!1!11 lolzzzlozlz!!11!10101!11
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Did anyone else hear that last fit of laughter in the voice of Ahhhnold Svarzenegger?
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portabello
Member # 7710

- posted      Profile for Portabello   Email Portabello         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, I hear it in the voice of the Arnold clone from The Simpsons.
Posts: 751 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, it's more an Arnold impersonator than Arnold himself that I'm hearing. [Smile]
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Puppies can bite ankles.

But the annoyed mom and dad of puppies, worried that you might hurt their babies -- those are the real threat.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.