FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Question for Hatrack's Lesbians: What sort of vehicle do you drive? (Page 3)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Question for Hatrack's Lesbians: What sort of vehicle do you drive?
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
It really weirds me out to see Pop being referred to as "Mike."

For some reason, I'm also feeling compelled to say that even I find 1954 Marlon Brando hot. 1958 Paul Newman, too.

Edit: 1995 Marlon Brando, not so much.

[ April 15, 2005, 08:34 PM: Message edited by: saxon75 ]

Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
I must agree with blacwovle that Paul Newman is more attractive than Marlon Brando, and they're both more attractive than any current young actors. James Dean is up there too.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Another bumper sticker that's a big giveaway for lesbians is the rainbow.
I happen to have two rainbow stickers on my car and I am most assuredly not a lesbian. [Wink]
Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sid Meier
Member # 6965

- posted      Profile for Sid Meier   Email Sid Meier         Edit/Delete Post 
*foolish grin*, I don't know why I like the idea of lesbians, at least its better then me hating them neh? Oh BTW, the middle aged kind lesbian I don't think is bad, as long as their reasonably attractive I see nothing wrong. So what if they're twice my age (which would be around mid 30's)?
Posts: 1567 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
It really weirds me out to see Pop being referred to as "Mike."
See, I start calling people by their real names when I meet them in person. Since I have met both you and Papa Moose, I tend to think of you both as "Mike". Papa Moose especially since I made his whole family think I was crazy by referring to him as 'Moose' in front of them...

hmmm, I'll have to think of a solution to this.

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Oh BTW, the middle aged kind lesbian I don't think is bad, as long as their reasonably attractive I see nothing wrong.
This, I'm sure, comes as a relief to middle aged lesbians everywhere.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
And personally I'm glad to know that mid-30s now counts as middle aged. I'm almost there!
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe lesbians just age faster than the rest of the population--candles burning at both ends and all of that.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh no you di-int, Noemon!
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Candles in both ends of what?
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
Question for Hatrack Thread Necrophiles: What kind of car do you drive?
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm guessing the Hearse.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

No, I think it would be Le Car.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thong-Myster
Member # 8495

- posted      Profile for Thong-Myster   Email Thong-Myster         Edit/Delete Post 
I drive a Honda! Whoo!
Posts: 29 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Everyone I know drives a minivan. Gay, straight, whatever, they've all got minivans. Even the Funeral Director shows up to collect the corpse in a minivan.

In the carpool lane at school, it is a long line of minivans.

I have a minivan to haul my wheelchair-riding husband around.

Life is dreary here in suburbia.

Somebody save me.

Somebody?
anybody?

MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
That's weird, in my corner of suburbia EVERYONE has an SUV... it's become the new minivan and it's weird.
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

That is weird.

Save me anyway?

Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Pictures!
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't drive. I probably won't have money for a car until I'm 75. I won't have a house until I'm 175. But who cares?
Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
Katie, what happened to that really great Brando pic you posted a while back? I can't find it on google now. Did you snag a copy?
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

Found it!
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

He looks so much like my dad, it's creepy! My mom was a huge Brando fan back then. Now I'm thinking she totally married my dad for his looks!
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

quote:
Originally posted by kojabu:
Go to the foobonic hatrack gallery (last page), there are a few there. I have some more recent ones from when I was in Rome, but the ones on that site are how I have my hair now.

I found you! Be still my heart! You're a cutie.
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
Why thankee [Blushing]
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

My pleasure. Um, no problem. Um, you're welcome. Um, what did we agree was the correct response?
kojabu
Member # 8042

hahaha. You're welcome usually fits. I often blush when I get compliments no matter who they're from and that was the only blushing smiley thing.
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

[Embarrassed] <-- severe blush/sunburn graemlin
kojabu
Member # 8042

whoa, I'm sorta tan, but not that much.
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

I don't have the digital camera. No Shvester pictures. Generally, I look like somebody's Jewish Mother. Which, coincidentally, I am.
kojabu
Member # 8042

[Big Grin]

I've been told I look Jewish. But as far as we know, there's no Jewish in me. My mom's cousin is on a hunt to prove that we are though.

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
edit...

Ha! That was the funniest thing ever!

I was referring to one of the Marlon Brando posts on page 1.

Oops.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

Waitaminute...
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

He was?
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
ooops! I was responding to this post I saw on page 1... I had no idea this thread was 3 pages long.

sorry. I'll go fix it.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

So much confusion at hatrack tonight! Tante that thing in the word associations thread made me laugh.
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Yeah, it suddenly got lively. Be still, my post count!
kojabu
Member # 8042

I wonder if I'll break 800.
Tatiana
Member # 6776

I can't find any picture of him at the right age, but here he was when he was 10. The forehead, nose, and mouth are really similar, I think, though it doesn't show so much when he was this young, maybe.

[ August 17, 2005, 02:07 AM: Message edited by: Tatiana ]

Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

quote:
Originally posted by kojabu:
I wonder if I'll break 800.

Post count or SAT score?
kojabu
Member # 8042

Hey!! I go to Cornell!!!!

(post count)

(but prob not because I'm going to be watching some Ellen with a friend)

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Wait! You go to Cornell?

Well, when we come out there this winter, you and Zeugma and I can make Zeugma Real, and you real if you are not yet real.

(Ithaca area music groupie)

Hmm216
Member # 8403

- posted      Profile for Hmm216   Email Hmm216         Edit/Delete Post 
Elizabeth are you talking about the all male ensemble?? Ithaca?
Posts: 218 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Do they still slide down the hills on trays? [Eek!]
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Oh, lord, Tante, we used to slide down the hill on trays, but in Vermont, not Ithaca.

No, Hmm216, I do not mean the all male ensemble, though there are many Ithaca area all male ensembles I tend to follow about.

kojabu
Member # 8042

Tante, yes they do! I personally haven't, but I know people who do.

Elizabeth, I'm not real yet, but I long to be real!

Who do you see when you come here?

Treason
Member # 7587

- posted      Profile for Treason   Email Treason         Edit/Delete Post 
so what would you guess a bisexual girl drives?

Did you guess black 2003 ford focus? good for you!

Posts: 870 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

First of all, Kojabu, even if you are a lesbian, doesn't your Ithaca residence trump that? Should you not be driving a Volvo?

Second of all, we go out to GrassRoots in the summer. We are Donna the Buffalo fans. Because of them, we are now fans of just about every band in the Ithaca area.

We usually come out to see Crow Greenspun when he plays in the winter or early spring. This year, my son is going to play two songs with them.

Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

quote:
Originally posted by Treason:
so what would you guess a bisexual girl drives?

Umm... bicycle?
Zeugma
Member # 6636

- posted      Profile for Zeugma   Email Zeugma         Edit/Delete Post 
You have to drive a Volvo in Ithaca, if only to be able to take it to Dave's. Yay, regular maintenance this Friday, I can't wait! [Big Grin]

True story: We were in the Farmer's Market parking lot one day about a year ago, and almost got in the wrong car. How did we figure out it was the wrong car? Because the green "Ithaca is Gorges" sticker was on the left side of their bumper, while ours is centered. Otherwise our cars were identical. [Wink]

Posts: 1681 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.