FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Newbie Alert! Newbie Alert! (now with crush revelation!) (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Newbie Alert! Newbie Alert! (now with crush revelation!)
Peter
Member # 4373

- posted      Profile for Peter   Email Peter         Edit/Delete Post 
I just had to get the 100th post.
Tell us!! PLEASE?!?!?

Posts: 283 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
100 posts and 3 pages on a Newbie intro?

Wow! I may just be pop-YOUHOO-lar!

Or mysterious and intriguing.

Or am I just getting annoying, already?

But, gosh, I am having alot of fun with you. I'm so glad I came. And thanks for making me feel so welcome. I feel like one of the family. [Smile]

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Astaril
Member # 7440

- posted      Profile for Astaril   Email Astaril         Edit/Delete Post 
Quid, nope. I'm in Kitchener-Waterloo (Ontario), home of a huge Oktoberfest and formerly named New Berlin (among 4 other names I can't remember right now). But heck, ummm... we still might be related? Winnipeg's a big place. Are you related to *everyone* there?? [Wink]
Posts: 624 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haloed Silhouette
Member # 8062

- posted      Profile for Haloed Silhouette   Email Haloed Silhouette         Edit/Delete Post 
I just got an e-mail.
Of course, it was not from Tante Shvester. Oh, wait, I don't live in the states. Silly me!

Oh my God! You have a crush on Willie Akkerman?! MY GREAT UNCLE? AAA!

Posts: 358 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I feel like one of the family.
That was the idea. [Razz] We try to be as welcoming as possible around here.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Aww... you are so sweet!
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

quote:
Aww... you are so sweet!
You've complimented me more than most people ever have. I'm about to have a meltdown. I've never been complimented this much. NEVER. Thanks.....I think.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
[Hail] Steve
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Well, not to make you uncomfortable, but I like to provide positive reinforcement to acceptable behavior and to ignore (or [No No] ) unacceptable behavior.

Your behavior has been...acceptable

SteveRogers
Member # 7130

kaioshin00- Why are you bowing?

TS- Thank you. Though, I usually do something stupid that isn't acceptable. But it is kind of hard to do that on the internet.

Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

OK. I'm revealing the secret crush, due to insistant badgering by SteveRogers and permission from the crushed.

Before I ever knew about Hatrack, I was google-searching for some information Judaic, and I got a google-hit to rivka's "Ask the Rebbitzen" thread here at the Hatrack forums. I was very impressed with rivka's depth of knowledge, intelligence, warmth and friendliness, and read through her entire thread and through some of her other postings on Hatrack. Although we never met, I developed an affection for her; she seemed like someone that I would like to count among my friends.

So the secret crush is for rivka, who introduced me to all you you. [Big Grin]

CT
Member # 8342

- posted      Profile for CT           Edit/Delete Post 
It's a good crush. You have excellent taste in friends.
Posts: 831 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

See, I told you that it wouldn't shake the foundations too much.
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
The best part is that I get to take credit for one of the best newbies Hatrack has had recently. [Big Grin]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Aw, shucks! [Blushing]
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

And I get to take credit for making the best newbie to come along recently tell us all the secret she didn't want to tell anyone. [Wink]
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Aw, shucks! <coyly> [Blushing]
whiskysunrise
Member # 6819

- posted      Profile for whiskysunrise   Email whiskysunrise         Edit/Delete Post 
It's good to know. Although I haven't asked I have wanted to know. I also think that rivka is a pretty cool person.
Posts: 747 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.