FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Attn: Utah Jatraqueros (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Attn: Utah Jatraqueros
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm coming to the OSC signing on August 16th. (I'll be in that general area for the week actually.)

Is anyone else planning to go to that?

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I really wanna do that. I'll call it a birthday present to Porter.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

When's your birthday?
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like to go, too.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
About a week.5 beforehand.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Anyway, I guess my point is, we should use the signing and my semiannual presence as excuses to do dinner or have a party...or something. [Smile]

edit: add Porter's birthday to that list of excuses.

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Ketchup Princess and I will be in SLC for a several-hours-long layover on the 26th. But I think we have to go see my husband's grandma, so no dinner with Jatraqueros. [Cry]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Bring your husband's grandma along!
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
She will have just had surgery, so we have to go see her, she can't come out to dinner or anything. I'm all for her getting to meet her great-granddaughter, but I guess I'm in a [Grumble] kind of mood.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whiskysunrise
Member # 6819

- posted      Profile for whiskysunrise   Email whiskysunrise         Edit/Delete Post 
That is my birthday.
Posts: 747 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

Let's have a birthday party for me down here in Orem sometime around there. [Smile]
whiskysunrise
Member # 6819

- posted      Profile for whiskysunrise   Email whiskysunrise         Edit/Delete Post 
But it's my birthday, we should have it in Salt Lake.
Posts: 747 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

[Grumble]
scottneb
Member # 676

- posted      Profile for scottneb           Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be passing through on the 9th of September and then coming back through on the 12th. I'd love to run into some of you.
Posts: 1660 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Just around time for Billtmas.

Pina coladas!!

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

*drool*
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I'll go to both Utah signings. I don't suppose anyone's lifestyle would allow them to camp out at my house and ride with me to the second one. Going to one in a Library somehow seems cooler than going to one at the Mall. Even if it is a mall owned by the LDS church.
Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MattB
Member # 1116

- posted      Profile for MattB   Email MattB         Edit/Delete Post 
I worked at the Davis County Library for a few years, and therefore I worry about the accuracy of the August 17th address. The Farmington library has absolutely no space for a book signing or any such event; with a headliner like OSC it would be reminiscent of a mosh pit, except with more books and a quieter bass line. The auditorium (which is where OSC appeared last time he hit the DC) is in the Bountiful branch. I think I'll email one of my old library peeps and find out what's up.

Edit: Oh, and I might be in Utah for the first time in many months this August. Maybe I'll drop in on one of them.

Posts: 794 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Speed
Member # 5162

- posted      Profile for Speed   Email Speed         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh sure, all this goes down a month after I move out of Utah. You people all suck. [Razz]
Posts: 2804 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Yup. We waited until you were gone to celebrate.
Epictetus
Member # 6235

- posted      Profile for Epictetus   Email Epictetus         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be at the one in the mall. I hadn't heard about one in the library though, so I might go there too. MattB's right though, there really isn't much room in the Farmington Library, Bountiful is better suited in that regard. *shrugs* I suppose it'll work out either way.

Edited to make sense.

Posts: 681 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
We don't live that far from SLC, so if everybody wanted to come over here for cake or something after the signing, you're welcome.
Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
[Cry] [Cry] [Cry]

That is all...

Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gnixing
Member # 768

- posted      Profile for gnixing   Email gnixing         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I just may be able to attend the signing at the mall. Pending my wife hasn't other plans for her birthday...
Posts: 494 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

What, is it everyone's birthday in August? [Wink]

I think I'm going to plan on the mall signing just cause it's a little more central to where I'm going to be. I think ALL of you shoyld some to that one. *ahem* [Big Grin]

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Hee, hee. You know what? All you people with birthdays around the middle of August were probably concieved around the end of the third week or beginning of the fourth week of November.

That's right, the Thanksgiving holiday weekend. [ROFL]

Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
I work about a block from that mall, so I plan on going to that signing as well.
Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
Grrr! I won't be back in Utah until the 19th. There is some terrible curse on me which keeps me from Hatrack gatherings.
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

quote:
Originally posted by Brinestone:
I work about a block from that mall, so I plan on going to that signing as well.

Are you just going to go straight after work?
Brinestone
Member # 5755

What time is the signing?
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Seven. So maybe I should pick you up from work, we can get something to eat and hang out with Hatrackers, and then we can go to the signing.
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

I keep trying to figure out why people want to go to a singing.
Narnia
Member # 1071

We could have one of those too. I am a choir director after all. [Wink]
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
I live only 2 1/2 blocks from Crossroads mall. If OSC will just move his signing until Friday Aug. 19, when I am back in Salt Lake, you can all come over to my place for dessert.
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

[Frown] I'm sad that I'll miss you again.
Brinestone
Member # 5755

Sounds good.
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
How close do you guys live now? I get Salt Lake City utilities but I don't get to vote for Mayor.

And I've never hosted a general Hatrack event, but my husband would welcome the excuse for me to clean up the house. Not that I won't do it until then.

Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

We're in Midvale now (the nice Fort Union part, not the scary wrong-side-of-the-tracks part where lived as a kid).
Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
I might come, it all depends.
Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

Ooh! A Utah Jatraquero that I haven't met yet. Fresh meat!
MattB
Member # 1116

<- also fresh meat.

So according to my sources deep within the Davis County Library, the August 17th signing is indeed at the Bountiful branch, not in Farmington.

For reference, the Bountiful address is 725 South Main Street, uh, Bountiful. Take the Fifth South Bountiful exit from I-15 north to Main Street, then turn left. Library's half a block down on the left. Yep, I answered the phones there.

Posts: 794 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

What time is that one?
scottneb
Member # 676

- posted      Profile for scottneb           Edit/Delete Post 
I think MattB is using a military tactic called a "feignt" or "misdirection." Basically you do something that makes the enemy believe the brunt of your attack will come from one direction when you come from a completely different direction.

[No No]

Posts: 1660 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
8 days. [Cry] [Cry] [Cry] [Cry] [Cry]
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MattB
Member # 1116

Narnia - it's still seven, I think.

Curses. My nefarious plot has been foiled. Now when will I find enough time alone with OSC to convince him that I should direct Ender's Game?

(Sorry, Thor. I hope it's consolation enough that you've become archetype)

Narnia
Member # 1071

Drat. I can't come to Utah. [Frown]

I'll miss you guys (and OSC).

[Frown] [Frown] [Frown]

sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
It's okay, Narnia! We can be in Not Utah together! It's, uh, way cooler anyway...not being in Utah...stupid Utah with its DESERT and MOUNTAINS and OSC SIGHTINGS... [Smile]
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

[Wink] (((Ashley))) But I wish I was not in Utah with you. Alas. For another time then. [Big Grin]
?
Member # 2319

- posted      Profile for ?   Email ?         Edit/Delete Post 
How long does he usually sign for? I end work at 7:30.

?

Posts: 219 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I am so bummed that we don't get to see any of y'all while we're in SLC tomorrow.

Er, tonight.

[Grumble]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.