FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Attn: Utah Jatraqueros (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Attn: Utah Jatraqueros
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] Are y'all still going to the signing?
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
We're planning on going.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

I was just wondering if y'all can still play this game.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm still planning on it.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whiskysunrise
Member # 6819

- posted      Profile for whiskysunrise   Email whiskysunrise         Edit/Delete Post 
What time are people planning on getting there?
Posts: 747 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Der Grammatikfuehrer
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Ruth and I will probably be there early (like 5:15–5:30) because she works just a block away. I don't know what time others are planning on getting there.

<—Jon Boy, by the way

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought I'd check this thread to see whether there is a shinda at my house afterwards. Ya'll are still invited. Though I guess signings could run pretty late. Anyone familiar with how it works?
Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

I think all the signings I've been to have been on campus during the day. I don't remember how long they typically lasted.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uncle Rico
Member # 8406

- posted      Profile for Uncle Rico   Email Uncle Rico         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm all for descending on Trisha's house like locusts.
Posts: 26 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been hitting the cereal sales like gangbusta's. So we can always have a cereal fight.

Actually, I learned this really cool game from a german guy called "Chocolate fight". That was the game, though he would never lack for dates if that were his name. P.S. I still don't each chocolate, so when it was my turn I benevolently shared my spoils with my children.

Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

Hello?

I think I only told two people that I might go out of town but I'm not going out of town. So we're on if anyone is interested.

Jon Boy
Member # 4284

For us, it'll all depend on how late the signing goes. I'd love to come, though.
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Okay, so what's the plan? People are talking about going to the Wednesday signing at the Bountiful Library because there'll be a better chance to talk to OSC. Is everyone planning on this?
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
If anyone has a chance to meet Epictetus, go for it. One of my best friends through High School.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
?
Member # 2319

- posted      Profile for ?   Email ?         Edit/Delete Post 
I could actually go to either signing. Unless most of you are going to the Bountiful Library, I'm just planning on going to the mall. So where are you going?

Of course I've never meet any of you, so I'm not sure it will make too much of a difference which one I go to. As far as I know jatraqueros are able to blend into the crowd and look like normal people from a distance. [Razz]

?

Posts: 219 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

It looks like most of us are going to the Bountiful Library signing. Is that right, everybody?
katharina
Member # 827

That's the one I'm sending my brother to.
whiskysunrise
Member # 6819

- posted      Profile for whiskysunrise   Email whiskysunrise         Edit/Delete Post 
Gnixing and I are going to the mall. Not sure what time.
Posts: 747 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

Hello, just ran across this. There may be some extra tickets available if you want to check in at galacticcactus. I think I only have one. Porter and bev have between 2 and 4, assuming John and Ruth are using 2 of theirs.

P.S. There is also the opportunity of standby seating at 6:45.

katharina
Member # 827

This is the library. You can buy Magic Street at the signing at the library still, right? That only makes sense, but my brain is insisting that library books are for borrowing.
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

I think they said that Barnes and Noble was providing books that you could buy. The library itself is not selling the books.
gnixing
Member # 768

- posted      Profile for gnixing   Email gnixing         Edit/Delete Post 
The Border's signing at Crossroads was nice. OSC spent an hour talking and answering all sorts of questions and then did the books. It was great, he let those of us with small children (I should say both of us cause I believe there was only one other with a small child) jump to the front of the line rather than wait for our position. We got to take a nice photo - only wish we had brought our 2 yr old for the photo.

Enjoy Bountiful the rest of you!

Posts: 494 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.