FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Icarus! You're scaring me! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Icarus! You're scaring me!
scottneb
Member # 676

- posted      Profile for scottneb           Edit/Delete Post 
Your posts have been dwindling down in number the last few days and this is the last one I can find:

quote:
The universe seems to be conspiring to make it clear to me that I suck. [Frown]
I was going to bump the "Why do we need Christ" thread. But after finding that post, you've got me worried. All I want is for you to tell me off, right now!
Posts: 1660 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I miss Icky! I thought he was involved with another play, and that's why we were seeing less of him.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
*misses Icky*

*likes Icky*

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Icky, keep in mind that JenniK and I will be joining you in FL, perhaps for good...so cheer up dammit!

On a serious note, he did just have a death in the family, so I can understand why he isn't around as much.

Icky, I hope you are well.

[Big Grin]

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe he's got himself a real life and something better to do. (Wishes it to be so)
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scottneb
Member # 676

quote:
Maybe he's got himself a real life and something better to do.
I find that offensive.
Posts: 1660 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Icarus Icarus!
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I find that offensive.
Really? Is that because you think there couldn't be anything better to do than sit in front of the computer all the time?

Eh, who am I to talk? Look at the date I registered, and look at my post count.

<help me>

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tresopax
Member # 1063

- posted      Profile for Tresopax           Edit/Delete Post 
The universe is wrong. Icarus is cool!
Posts: 8120 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Tante, I think this place is pretty important to people in their "real" lives. Many friendships have developed, and even marriages. So what you said was pretty loaded indeed.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Icarus, Icarus,
you so fine!
Icarus, Icarus,
you gotta be mine!
C'mon, Joe, whatd'ya know?
You're too good to just let go...

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
*blink*

Okay, now Tom is scaring me.

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone seen him on AIM?

((Icky))

Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

It goes better with twinky's dancing smiley.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scottneb
Member # 676

quote:
Anyone seen him on AIM?
Not for a few days.

Tante, I was only joking.

quote:
It goes better with twinky's dancing smiley.
Doesn't everthing?
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
He didn't fly too close to the sun, did he? [Angst]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I don't really think he knows what he's doing-he's just winging it.
katharina
Member # 827

I hope he falls back in with us soon.
CT
Member # 8342

- posted      Profile for CT           Edit/Delete Post 
I just melt when I anticipate his return.
Posts: 831 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

If not, we will have to give him a few wax.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I really hope he's not soar with us.
katharina
Member # 827

He might be in a lab, or in throes of conscience.
CT
Member # 8342

He might be a drifter, you know.
Posts: 831 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Well, that would be a feather in his cap.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Hatrack minos Icarus is a sad place indeed.
katharina
Member # 827

I'd hate to sea that.
CT
Member # 8342

He's one fly guy, that's for sure. Lays the rest of us low in one fell swoop, sartorially speaking.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I am glad Scott creted this thread for him.
scottneb
Member # 676

Thanks Elizabeth, but it's really not about me.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
[Wall Bash] I hate it when I start a pun-fest...
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

crete=created=Crete
scottneb
Member # 676

quote:
I hate it when I start a pun-fest...
S'ok! It keeps the thread at the top!
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Do you really do it all that often, ketchupqueen?
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

quote:
Originally posted by Elizabeth:
Tante, I think this place is pretty important to people in their "real" lives. Many friendships have developed, and even marriages. So what you said was pretty loaded indeed.

I apologise for inappropriately making light. It was not my intention to hurt any feelings, and I honestly regret that I did. I hope that you can forgive me, and I will try to make an effort in the future to be more considerate of other people's feelings.

Sincerely,
Tante Esther

Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
It's the comfy chair for you. [Mad]
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Well, I actually agree with you, for my own part, as I am a heavy procrastinator, and Scott said he was just kidding. So, no harm done!
scottneb
Member # 676

quote:
I apologise for inappropriately making light. It was not my intention to hurt any feelings, and I honestly regret that I did. I hope that you can forgive me, and I will try to make an effort in the future to be more considerate of other people's feelings.
Tante, I opened the door. I was begging for that joke! If you didn't say it, someone wlse would have. And my "offensive" comment was completely tongue-in-cheek.
scottneb
Member # 676

*dons emperor hat*

Continue with the puns!

Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Tante, you'll learn quickly that Scott never, ever says anything serious.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scottneb
Member # 676

Whew! That's good to know, Jon. I thought you took me serious this morning when I made you cry.

Cry-baby!

Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
The only baby you make cry is your own . . . 'cause you're so ugly!

BOO-YAH!

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scottneb
Member # 676

[Cry]
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

quote:

Do you really do it all that often, ketchupqueen?

No, just now and then.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

I think we'll forgive you, then, KQ.
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
*comforts scottneb*

Aw, there, there, it'll be ok.

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scottneb
Member # 676

See! Now I get pity cuddles! We're even!
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL] I liked the puns

I'm still curious/worried about Icarus though... have we heard from him yet?

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
See! Now I get pity cuddles! We're even!
I'm just a sucker for a crying man. I wanna give em hugs and make em feel better.
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Here in New Jersey
It is humid and sticky,
And here on Hatrack
We all ask "Where is Icky?"
[Dont Know]

Feel free to throw rotten tomatoes at me

<ducks and runs away>

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

We have not, Dragon. I think we may have to wait until this turns into another popularity thread. He simply cannot resist those.

Seriously, thugh, I bet he is dealing with a lot of family stuff, and I hope he is OK.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.