FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Most Agonizing Movie Experience (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Most Agonizing Movie Experience
Tresopax
Member # 1063

- posted      Profile for Tresopax           Edit/Delete Post 
The most agaonizing movie experience I've been through is watching Requiem for a Dream, but not because it's a bad movie. It's just agonizing to watch. In fact, that's why it's so good.

The actual worst movie I've seen is Spring Break Shark Attack. If you don't count TV movies, then I'll go with Bats.

And while we're at it, the best so-horrible-its-great movie is Riki-Oh: The Story of Riki. Darn that warden!

Posts: 8120 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Storm Saxon:
Porter, I say this completely without sarcasm, but isn't it weird how people can absolutely hate things that one likes? Like, I actually thought The Grudge was pretty creepy and enjoyed it as a horror movie. I really like The cook, the thief, his wife, and her lover, but Davidson absolutely hates it to the point of insulting me, personally, for liking it.

Weird, isn't it?

It really is.

I think that over half of the movie experience is what you expect out of it when you first see it.

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
Treason: I loved Pi, but I could totally see someone hating it. And even if I wanted to hold a grudge for that, you'd be forgiven for it because you hate Lost Highway.

Oh! That reminds me of another stinker: Blue Velvet. That movie manages to be boring and disturbing at the same time. (And I normally like disturbing movies, but this one was not good-disturbing.) Dennis Hopper was the only vaguely redeeming part.

Storm Saxon: Let's pretend for a moment that I haven't seen Ed Wood. What would you then think about the fact that I've admitted to watching Plan 9, Orgy of the Dead, AND Glen or Glenda?

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Carrie:
The only movie to ever put me to sleep on first viewing:

I have wateched 2001 several times, and have not managed to stay awake a single time.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Storm Saxon: Let's pretend for a moment that I haven't seen Ed Wood. What would you then think about the fact that I've admitted to watching Plan 9, Orgy of the Dead, AND Glen or Glenda?

That you're a silly person with too much time on his hands? [Razz] That you are an afficiondo of B movies? Of Ed Wood in particular?

You know, I'm honestly not sure.

And I'm honestly not sure why you're asking, unless it's to imply that my question was silly, i.e. if you've gone to the trouble to see the Ed Wood movies, of course you're going to see the Tim Burton film.

But I think I'm leaning towards reason two as to why I asked you. In retrospect, I think I was mostly asking to find out why you had sat through the original movies, maybe, when to most people they are really awful peices of dreck.

Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

I'm honestly not sure either, which is why I asked. I didn't mean to imply the question was silly, but my immediate gut reaction was "Whoa, what if I hadn't?" Oh, and all 3 of your guesses are true to varying degrees.

The cause and effect on this one is a little mixed, because the order I saw the movies in was (I think) Plan 9, Ed Wood, Glen or Glenda, Orgy of the Dead. There may have been some other of his films in there too, but I don't really remember them. We actively tracked down a copy of Glen or Glenda after watching Burton's Ed Wood. I recommend seeing it for the social commentary. It's one of the few movies to accurately differentiate between transvettites, transexuals, and homosexuals. (Probably the only one pre-90s.) I later happened to spot Orgy of the Dead on a shelf at Best Buy and said "Hey, Ed Wood! I bet this'll be good for a laugh" but I was very, very wrong.

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

Yeah, I forgot to mention that I adore Ed Wood. [Smile]

I also don't mind B-type movies at all. My brother adores the old Godzilla and Bruce Lee movies and I think they're really cool.

I can totally see seeing Ed Wood movies as a party type kind of thing where everyone does a kind of MST3K improv. In fact, it sounds darn fun. [Smile]

Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
Tante, you said Lord of the Rings, but it sounds like you were actually describing Fellowship of the Ring. I agree with you about FOTR--that it's overrated, at least--but did you see the other two?
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Avadaru
Member # 3026

- posted      Profile for Avadaru   Email Avadaru         Edit/Delete Post 
The Man Who Cried

Fyfe knows what I'm talking about.

Worst. Movie. Ever.

Posts: 1225 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

I thought the Transporter was okay. Not memorable, but not awful. Certainly not worse that xXx.
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Icarus:
Tante, you said Lord of the Rings, but it sounds like you were actually describing Fellowship of the Ring. I agree with you about FOTR--that it's overrated, at least--but did you see the other two?

Yeah, "Fellowship", I got dragged to see it. The second one, too. They have blurred together in my mind as one overly long headache.

I escaped the third. Just dropped my guys off at the cinema and split.

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

quote:
Originally posted by ambyr:
Mission to Mars.

I watched it with a large group of friends, and the commentary they provided made it (barely) tolerable. . .

. . .until the credits came up, the lights went on, and I realized that we were in a movie theatre. And the commentary had been very loud. And every single person in the theatre was giving us well-deserved Looks of Death.

Whoops. I've never exited a theatre that fast in my life.

I almost forgot to mention: When we saw Mortal Kombat Annihilation in the theaters we were doing commentary too, and it eventually got pretty loud. The difference is, the people near us weren't upset they were appreciative. I'm not exagerrating. We got laughs from a few rows in either direction.

--Enigmatic

Icarus
Member # 3162

Hmm. I thought TTT was much better that FOTR.
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
These come to mind immediately:

Zardoz (1974) - I kept trying to like this one, but I just never could get it to make any sense.

New York, New York (1977) - This movie was so long that when the end credits started to roll, I said, "Finally" under my breath. Except that it was louder than that, and lots of people heard me. My poor mother, who was the one who had wanted to see the thing, was so embarrassed. So was I; I really didn't mean to say it that loud.

Titanic (1997) - The only part of this film that I liked was the part that took place in the present, when they were looking for the stupid ship.

Raise the Titanic (1980) - What is it about movies about the Titanic? I really, really wanted to like this movie. I loved the book. The whole time I was reading it, I kept thinking, "This is going to make a great movie." It didn't. The casting was awful, and it went downhill from there.

Batman (1989) - I fell asleep about twenty minutes or so in.

I've only ever walked out of two movies, The White Buffalo and Sorcerer, both from 1977.

Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the_Somalian
Member # 6688

- posted      Profile for the_Somalian   Email the_Somalian         Edit/Delete Post 
I was 12 when I saw the second Mortal Kombat movie. At the time I lacked enough taste to enjoy it...but whenever I catch a glimpse of it on tv these days I see that it is indeed one of the worst movies ever made--the first one is more enjoyable (in an exceedingly campy way, the enjoyment enhanced by the fact that I was a kid at the height of the Mortal Kombat craze.)

And as long as we're being honest, one of my least favorite movie experience was "Pirates of The Caribbean." I know--this film is uber-popular, Johny Depp is super awesome, and so on--it just simply didn't click for me as soon as it began. It felt bloated, bombastic and self-concious without having the least bit of substance and imagination. As the characters dashed from place to place, with loud music blaring, and mighty ADVENTURE being had, I sat there bored. Oddly enough as I walked out I heard a 10 year old boy express these same exact sentiments to his mother. =D

But everybody else enjoys it so I could be wrong.

Maybe I should've talked about End of Days.

Remember End of Days?

Posts: 722 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MandyM
Member # 8375

- posted      Profile for MandyM   Email MandyM         Edit/Delete Post 
AI was pretty awful but hands down the two worst movies ever were Beloved and The Royal Tenenbaums. I couldn't figure out what all the hype was. Ugh!

I also hated Magnolia, Bringing Out the Dead, The Ring and, the only movie I ever walked out of, Audition (edit: Ôdishon, Japanese with subtitles).

Posts: 1319 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Ha! The Royal Tenenbaums was about the funniest movie I have seen in a long time. But I have a very sick sense of humor.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the_Somalian
Member # 6688

- posted      Profile for the_Somalian   Email the_Somalian         Edit/Delete Post 
"Magnolia" is one of those movies whose faults I recognize but can't help love. It has many brilliant moments but long ones of sheer pretention as well. P.T Anderson was to say that maybe everybody else was right and the film should've been 30 minutes shorter.
Posts: 722 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
End of Days was so bad I think my eyes actually bled.

I just saw the J.Lo Shall We Dance which was creepy, and oblivious to its creepiness, and terrible in all respects.

I saw Bushwhacked in the theatre. That has to be, without a doubt, the worst movie I've ever seen in the theatre. Along with Tomb Raider: 2, which I actually promised to deny having seen. But promises were made to be broken. That I hated MK:2, of course, goes without saying.

The thing about A.I. that's too bad is that the opening is fantastic. The transformation of Haley Joel Osment's character is fascinating to watch. The opening 15 minutes or so of the movie is brilliant, and then gets pounded down by the boredrum and aimless scenes that followed. It might be the worst movie I've ever seen, simply because it takes this awesome opening and then pisses all over it to the point that all anyone can talk about is how terrible the movie is.

Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Treason
Member # 7587

- posted      Profile for Treason   Email Treason         Edit/Delete Post 
"Zardoz (1974) - I kept trying to like this one, but I just never could get it to make any sense."

Is that the Sean Connery movie with the big god head? I thought that was funny!

Posts: 870 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

I like A.I. [Smile]
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

quote:
I just saw the J.Lo Shall We Dance which was creepy, and oblivious to its creepiness, and terrible in all respects.
Bob -- have you seen the original? I really liked the Japanese movie, but I haven't seen the Hollywood remake.
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
See, I've heard good things about the original, and I do enjoy a good dance movie (of which, I'm learning, there are very few) so I thought I'd give this one a try. I've heard a bit about the original, and this one was nothing like what I'd heard, so I'd still like to give the Japanese version a try.
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

I'm noticing that a lot of the more recent big-budget bad movies people mention are things I've never seen, and my initial reaction to most is "Duh, why did you see THAT in the first place?" And yet I've seen Dolemite and have a 4-pack of zombie movies I bought for $5. That's a sure sign of winning movies, btw, being able to buy them in a set for $5 or less.

I think the old, low-budget, or independant bad movies are just more endearing to me. I actually admire Ed Wood in a way because he kept doing what he loved no matter what. He would go to any lengths to make a movie and as soon as it bombed he'd be looking for the way to make the next one. He was terrible at it, but he lived his dream.

--Enigmatic

Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Not really. That Jennifer Lopez tango scene was not creepy. It was...stirring. Made the whole rest of the movie worthwhile.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
Troy - With the exception of Peter O'Toole, every actor in that movie was more wooden than the Trojan horse.

Blair Witch Project - I know it only cost them $37 to make the movie. But it still cost me $11 to watch it.

Ali - The flashiest athlete of all time portrayed by one of the most charismatic actors of our time. And yet, it turned out to be the most boring movie I've ever seen.

[ August 23, 2005, 07:14 AM: Message edited by: Beren One Hand ]

Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Epictetus
Member # 6235

- posted      Profile for Epictetus   Email Epictetus         Edit/Delete Post 
Red Planet - Though slightly better that Mission to Mars, this movie really didn't work for me. The only thing that kept me awake in the theater was Carrie Anne Moss, and I could have stayed home and watched the Matrix for that.

Thouroughly Modern Millie - I watched this movie on a band-trip wilst in the Nevada Desert. It was immpossible to watch anything else, or think about anything else because the girls in the choir loved the bloody film and would NOT stop quoting it or singing the songs. On the way back, they wanted to watch it again. Only by using all of my persuasion skills was I able to convince the chaperone that we didn't need to.

(I still have nightmares that feature a staggeringly frightening woman in a bi-plane shouting "RASPBERRIES!!!!)

Star Wars the Phantom Menace- the coolness of the lightsaber fight wore off about an hour afterwards.

The Mummy Returns - *shudder*

Posts: 681 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

- posted      Profile for Stone_Wolf_           Edit/Delete Post 
I also vote for:

• Event Horizon
  • Starship Troopers (I will put a hurt on Paul Verhoven if I find him)
  • Meet the Parents
  • Manos Hands of Fate (even with Mike and the bots)

Not mentioned, but deserve to be:

• Batman and Robin
  • The Core
  • Catch 22
  • Showgirls (even a lot of nudity couldn't save this bomb, also thanks to Verhoven)
  • Barton Fink
  • Planet of the Apes (new version)
  • Star Trek the Movie
  • Faceoff

[ August 23, 2005, 06:03 AM: Message edited by: Stone_Wolf_ ]

Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
The English Patient.

I already mentioned in the hate book thread that I hated the book, so why on earth would I go? Because my aunt convinced me that she wanted to see it, and she had no one else to go with her. She ended up hating it as much as I did.

To make matters worse, she couldn't follow what was happening. Lucky me, since I'd read the book, I could, so I had to give her the play by play.

Vampire Kiss. With Nicolas Cage. Haven't finished seeing it. Cut the DVD off after, oh, ten or fifteen minutes. It was soooo over the top with ridiculously bad acting. That as NOT Nicolas Cage at his finest, let me tell you.

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
Battlefield Earth was probably the worst for me, but it's almost worth renting just to see John Travolta channelling Betty Davis.
Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bunbun
Member # 6814

- posted      Profile for bunbun   Email bunbun         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
If you believe the presence of robots and witty reparte did not improve Manos, I dare you to watch it without the MST3K.
I prefer to think of the robots as a safety feature, rather than an upgrade.
Posts: 516 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Batman Returns
What Women Want
can't think of another... perhaps one of the other terrible batman movies too.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
*she says in a very quiet voice* (but I loved What Women Want . . .) *and tiptoes out of the thread*
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
I loathed the George Clooney Batman.

And I kinda liked The Royal Tenenbaums, I just thought it was really weird. But I'd seen Rushmore on CC, so I kinda knew what to expect. Even so, I did NOT like the wrist-slitting. >.<

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

- posted      Profile for Stone_Wolf_           Edit/Delete Post 
I think What Women Want is a good movie.

(edited to add "I think")

[ August 24, 2005, 05:10 AM: Message edited by: Stone_Wolf_ ]

Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
I liked the Nike ad in that movie. [Smile]
Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
Bob the Lawyer wrote:

quote:
The thing about A.I. that's too bad is that the opening is fantastic. The transformation of Haley Joel Osment's character is fascinating to watch. The opening 15 minutes or so of the movie is brilliant, and then gets pounded down by the boredrum and aimless scenes that followed. It might be the worst movie I've ever seen, simply because it takes this awesome opening and then pisses all over it to the point that all anyone can talk about is how terrible the movie is.
Maybe that's why I hated it, because I thought it showed promise that I kept waiting for it to fulfill.

I don't think I mentioned that Revenge of the Sith was right up there for me as well. I didn't hate the other two as much as everyone else did. Well, I guess the second one was pretty disappointing to me, but I actually liked Phantom Menace -- I dunno, maybe just because I liked seeing Liam Neeson walking around in robes or something! But by the end of the third one I was truly squirming around in my seat, looking at my watch, and thinking "Please let it be OVER!!!"

Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Palliard
Member # 8109

- posted      Profile for Palliard   Email Palliard         Edit/Delete Post 
For me it was "What Dreams May Come". I'm as big a fan of Richard Matheson as they come, but... there's two hours of my life I'd like to have back.

Robin Williams, I realize you're getting old and insane like Mel Gibson, but please please PLEASE get over your Jesus complex!

Posts: 196 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shawshank
Member # 8453

- posted      Profile for Shawshank   Email Shawshank         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, yeah, I forgot about Episode 1.
Posts: 980 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shawshank
Member # 8453

- posted      Profile for Shawshank   Email Shawshank         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, yeah, I forgot about Episode 1.
Posts: 980 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katarain
Member # 6659

- posted      Profile for Katarain   Email Katarain         Edit/Delete Post 
This is the second thread that I've seen people mention Starship Troopers as a bad movie.

I simply don't understand the hate. That was a great movie! We loved it over here. [Razz]

Starship Troopers 2, though, was absolutely horrific. It was agonizing to get through.

Posts: 2880 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
Worst moviegoing experience:
Contact
But that was because it was my friend's first date with her new boyfriend, and they dragged me and the boy along. The boyfriend's friend was not a bad person, but the boyfriend was, and it was just an awful and miserable experience that prejudiced me against what probably is not a bad movie.

Worst movies (that actually are bad on their own merits) I've seen all the way through, just hoping they would get better:
The Sweetest Thing
Serving Sara
Pumpkin

Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
Definately AI. I was so incredibly bored during that movie.

The worst movie I've ever seen is Reign of Fire (that one about the dragons). Absolutely. Terrible.

Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
camus
Member # 8052

- posted      Profile for camus   Email camus         Edit/Delete Post 
I pretty much abhorred Slaugherhouse-Five, which is why I avoided Breakfast of Champions. Vonnegut novels should never be made into movies.
Posts: 1256 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
Everyone's ripping movies I like. [Grumble]
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Whale Rider

I'm sure the movie was fine, but I was bawling twenty minutes into and couldn't finish.

It's possible my experience was compromised by a massive case of PMS.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
camus
Member # 8052

- posted      Profile for camus   Email camus         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The worst movie I've ever seen is Reign of Fire (that one about the dragons). Absolutely. Terrible.
I paid seven bucks for an hour long nap. I'd pay even more to erase the memory of the first half hour I sat through.
Posts: 1256 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
The Tarzan movie with Bo Derek.
When we left the theatre, my friend looked at me in disgust and said "$2.50 for each breast."

Wow, Blue Velvet?? Traffic? Meet The Parents? O Brother, Where Art Thou? I liked all of these, and have seen O Brother many times.

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dem
Member # 2512

- posted      Profile for dem   Email dem         Edit/Delete Post 
Godzilla (matthew broderick version)
Saw it opening day. When Godzilla chases the helicopter through the city, everyone in the theatre was yelling, "Fly UP!!!"...The scene when the car is in Godzilla's mouth and they 'time' hitting the gas so they will land on the bridge...We all thought the movie was over and then they showed the eggs in Madison Square Gardens. Universal groaning throughout theatre. Painful movie.

VAMP
How could a chick vampire movie be this bad???

Posts: 317 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
I am glad somebody finally mentioned The Core.

Interestingly enough I also didnt enjoy Pirates the first time I saw it. It just didnt rub me the right way. I liked it better the 2nd time something quite rare for me and movies.

I think Killer Clowns from Space is probably one of the worst movies ever made. Not that I dont laugh everytime I see it, its just SO absurd I cant believe the director wants us to take it seriously when you have a clown on a tricycle punch the head off a black gangster dude who was laughing at him.

I have NEVER walked out of a movie that I was watching in the theatres, but then again I think thats more luck than pure resolve. I fall asleep during LOTS of movies I watch at home, but I probably should have walked out of Starship Troopers. The only way I can enjoy Starship Troopers in ANY degree is to laugh at how pathetic the human strategy is when it comes to fighting these BUGS. HMMMM maybe we should blanket the field with napalm EVERY time we are about to send ground troops in, it seems to cut down on the number of enemy units.

I have never seen the Royal Tannebaums (however you spell it) but I did see Life Aquatica by the same director, and I have to say while amusing some of the time, it just doesnt strike the right cords with me. It doesnt help that people with a slight hint of elitism say to me "its dark comedy, you just have to understand it." Well in the future Ill try to convince myself that something is actually really funny when my reflexes fail to do their job.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.