FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Serenity box office: $25.7 mil so far (Page 2)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Serenity box office: $25.7 mil so far
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] Hey, we're all entitled to Free Speech.
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
Saturday estimates: $3.7 mil. Not good; it's less than Friday (although the fan base prolly showed up in force the first night). This leaves a projected opening weekend of about 10 million, which ain't peanuts but it ain't great.

If you were on the fence about going, might be a good day today...

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Ouch. [Frown] I realize that there's a whole order of magnitude of difference between DVD sales and ticket sales, but I still have a hard time wrapping my brain around the fact that Firefly has sold so well on DVD, but the movie's opening weekend is pretty poor.

I'm really hoping it pulls a Napoleon Dynamite, though.

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
Out of curiosity, when did you guys start seeing trailers for Serenity on tv and things?

They waited a long time to start showing them here, it seems.

I'm just saying...Flightplan got a whole lot more support and publicity.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ambyr
Member # 7616

- posted      Profile for ambyr           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to see it a second time today.

I wonder how the demographics of a movie affect its box office numbers? If the primary audience is college students, senior citizens, or anyone else who gets a decent ticket discount, does that hurt its ability to compete with movies drawing more from the 30 to 60 crowd?

Posts: 650 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shanna
Member # 7900

- posted      Profile for Shanna   Email Shanna         Edit/Delete Post 
The demographics thing is really seen with kid movies. The balance with kid movies is that they usually have high-attendance to balance the discounted prices. But a high-attended adult movie is always preferred.

I don't think demographics will really be a problem for Serenity. The percentage of discounted ticket holders to regular priced attendees isn't as drastic as it is with kid movies. The 23-65 year-old age bracket allows for more viewers so the students and senior won't be the biggest percentage of the audience.

Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
None of the theatres I go to have student discount...
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the_Somalian
Member # 6688

- posted      Profile for the_Somalian   Email the_Somalian         Edit/Delete Post 
There is no doubt in my mind that "Serenity" will ultimately earn a profit, even in theaters, if we count the foriegn market. My hope here is that when it gets released on DVD the general movie audiences discovers it and it sells like crazy and we get another sequel. =D
Posts: 722 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beatnix19
Member # 5836

- posted      Profile for beatnix19   Email beatnix19         Edit/Delete Post 
Rottentomatoes.com has the box office at 10.1 million so far.
Posts: 1294 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sure this has been mentioned here before, but I just noticed that Chris had posted excellent reviews of the Serenity novelization on Amazon and Barnesandnoble.com. Nice going Chris!
Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

I told you. He's ubiquitous.
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Reuters just posted the weekend gross. Serenity landed in the #2 slot with 10.1 million. [Smile] I think that's great news considering that Serenity was released on less screens than any of the other movies in the top 5.

Now we get to start over for next weekend. Whew! [Big Grin]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

Not bad, not bad at all! [Smile]
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

- posted      Profile for Paul Goldner   Email Paul Goldner         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm still waiting for the day we see "Tickets sold" instead of "Box office take."
Posts: 4112 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
New post by Joss on the movie site, under the subject "Worst. Movie. Ever."

quote:
was probably "Summer Holiday" with Mickey Rooney. Can you believe that kid was the biggest star in the world? Funny world.

Meanwhile, I'm just rounding out the weekend with a little praise for my dear peeps. Considering everything we've had to overcome, this is an extraordinary achievment. And you guys have been in the front lines. I lurk, I know all. So thanks. Some of you might know that this flick means more than a little to me.

Yes, the second weekend will tell all, as we've always known. I'm not here to push you guys -- you push yourselves way harder than I could anyway. I'm just trying to figure out how to get the message out to the guys that aren't you, that don't know any of you, and that don't run into someone who saw the film. I'll be hounding the extremely patient Uni execs on that very subject. Like the lady said, "People have to know".

It's not that there HAS to be a sequel. It's just that I've got so many IDEAS...

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

If there ever was bait, that's it.
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Reuters just posted the weekend gross. Serenity landed in the #2 slot with 10.1 million. I think that's great news considering that Serenity was released on less screens than any of the other movies in the top 5.

I wouldn't call it great. It only beat Corpse Bride by $300,000, and it's already been out for a week. And History of Violence was only in half as many theaters, which Serenity beat by 2.5 million.

Is the 10 million dollar figure domestic or does that include international? Or has it not been released internationally yet?

I think this is, just like the series, is a word of mouth movie more than your publicized blockbuster. Next week, this week's viewers will have a week to tell their friends and make them go see it. However, I think the fact that many feel they have to see the series first will give some pause in going to see it right away. I don't know what to tell people when they ask me about it, I honestly think they need to see the series first to fully appreciate it, but at the same time I still tell them it was worth seeing.

I think Serenity is more of a marathon runner than a sprinter. It'll do well over the long haul, Flight Plan will start to die the death it deserves very soon.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

Teshi, he's not just a leaf on the wind. He's a gorram forrest. [Smile]
Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I think Serenity is more of a marathon runner than a sprinter.
Yup. Because of the word-of-mouth thing, because the dedicated fanbase will go see it at least once a week for its entire run in the theaters, and because of some reasons that I talked about in the spoiler thread. I wish it had made more of a splash on opening, but I think it's still flying, and that's enough.
quote:
Teshi, he's not just a leaf on the wind. He's a gorram forrest.
[ROFL] How true!
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katarain
Member # 6659

- posted      Profile for Katarain   Email Katarain         Edit/Delete Post 
The previews I've seen (other than the ones on FX) have been pretty disappointing. They were concentrating on the fact that it has a huge cult following--rather than telling anybody what the movie was about.

Why can't they do a big flashy Sci-Fi trailer like other big movies? Or at least... I know they do them... maybe they could start airing them on the networks.

Posts: 2880 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lem
Member # 6914

- posted      Profile for lem           Edit/Delete Post 
I have seen a few movies this past six months. I also watch a fair amount of TV--mostly Simpons and News.

I have YET to see a trailer on TV or in the theaters. I have yet to hear it on the news.

There should be a lot of commercials after this first week. Once word of mouth gets out, and there are sufficient good reviews, they need to let the populace know about this movie.

Seriously, if it were not for Hatrack, I would have never known they made a movie. Heck, I never would have heard of Firefly.

Posts: 2445 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the_Somalian
Member # 6688

- posted      Profile for the_Somalian   Email the_Somalian         Edit/Delete Post 
Katarain, because what did they have to work with? They didn't have any big stars or super fancy special effects or a simplistic hook like Flightplan (omg just what happened to her daughter?!!?). Imagine if you were someone not particuarly interested in science fiction and you saw a trailer for a film with no big name actors with production values that you remind of that show with Kevin Sorbo. Would you want to see it? I think by focusing on the quirkiness and highlighting the fact that it had a cult following they were trying to overcome those irrelevant (but important in marketing) factors. I don't think "Serenity/Firefly" can be "sold." It has to be discovered--and that's just what'll happen once the DVD comes out. Hopefully, anyway...
Posts: 722 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
camus
Member # 8052

- posted      Profile for camus   Email camus         Edit/Delete Post 
All the attention that Serenity/Firefly is getting here at Hatrack has finally roused my curiosity. I like watching movies but rarely get excited about specific movies. Serenity never even appeared on the radar, that is, until Hatrack. After reading OSC's review and skimming some of the reviews here, I'm thinking about maybe looking into possibly watching this movie. -- I don't like to commit to watching specific movies

Since I am clueless about the premise of the movie and the characters, I briefly (about 15 seconds) entertained the notion of renting the TV series DVD but decided that right now I don't have enough time or desire to spend on such a pursuit. So my question is this...Is Serenity still an excellent movie on its own, or would it be better to try to watch the series first and then watch Serenity later?

Posts: 1256 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I think it's fine on its own. I saw it beforehand, but the person I went with hadn't and she completely loved it.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jebus202
Member # 2524

- posted      Profile for jebus202   Email jebus202         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Is the 10 million dollar figure domestic or does that include international? Or has it not been released internationally yet?
It doesn't come out until this Friday here.
Posts: 3564 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
I saw Serenity Friday night (in Utah!) with one person who was already a Browncoat, and two who had never seen Firefly before, or knew anything about it.

Everyone was absolutely BLOWN AWAY by the film, and those who were new are now dying to watch Firefly.

She'll hold.

Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Pooka loved the movie, and she hasn't watched the show yet.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
camus
Member # 8052

- posted      Profile for camus   Email camus         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the responses. I'll probably watch it once it makes it to my isolated, midwest town, which will probably be a couple months from now.
Posts: 1256 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
I have seen one commercial for Serenity on network TV last week. It was shorter than the trailers and focused on the anti-hero aspect of the crew. Voice-over was something like "Violent, ruthless, unpredictable... and those are the good guys."

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Violent, ruthless, unpredictable... and those are the good guys.
[Laugh]
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm pretty sure there was a Serenity trailer attached to Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Don't quote me on that, though.
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lem
Member # 6914

- posted      Profile for lem           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'm pretty sure there was a Serenity trailer attached to Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Don't quote me on that, though.
quote:
I don't think "Serenity/Firefly" can be "sold." It has to be discovered--and that's just what'll happen once the DVD comes out. Hopefully, anyway...
I saw the HGTTG in a small Utah town. It did NOT have the trailer for Serenity. I heard it did, and not seeing it put me in a bad mood. The movie completed my bad mood. grr...

I think Serenity can be sold. Star Wars was sold, and it was a geeky show with no big names.

"You can't stop the signal" is a perfect tagline. I have only heard/seen it on the web. They should have trailers that revolve around that line. Get it embedded in the collective concience. That alone would draw people out of curiosity.

I know it was the Matrix trailer that got me hooked on the show. Not the names. Not the cool effects in the trailer. It was the curiosity. "What is the Matrix?"

"You can't stop the signal." They are not playing that card nearly to it's potential.

Posts: 2445 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xaposert
Member # 1612

- posted      Profile for Xaposert           Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, what's the deal with all of this hype? I've never seen Firefly, I have no idea what it's about (except that it's a TV sci-fi series), and I don't remember seeing any trailors or ads. Why should I, or all the people like me, want to see Serenity? They haven't really convinced me yet.
Posts: 2432 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
I watched a couple of tv shows but couldn't get into it, and considering how much money it takes to go to the theatre, I don't see why I shouldn't wait until it comes out on DVD and rent it.

Like Tres, I haven't been convinced otherwise. The trailers are all...normal? Is that a good word? Looks like an SF adventure film with a bunch of unknown actors, so it probably isn't any good. I mean, let's be honest, that's what a lot of people are thinking. Had I not seen Firefly the only face I would have recognized would have been the guy who plays Charlie in Numbers and he's just a bit part, right?

I know there are a lot of people here passionate about the story and the show, but I just don't think the movie has been sold to the public - I don't see any clamoring for people to go see it, nobody's talking about it, my brother who is an ardent movie goer and takes every chance he can to go see a movie in the theater hadn't even heard of it when I mentioned it Saturday.

I saw Hitchhiker in the theater and I don't remember a Serenity trailer, mph.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

Um, I didn't say anything about Hitchhiker or the trailer. That was SM.
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
You're so right. Sorry, I guess my brain connected you to that quote for no good reason.
Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katarain
Member # 6659

- posted      Profile for Katarain   Email Katarain         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah. I wanna see the movie really sold to the public. I know it'll be great (didn't get to go opening weekend), but that's because I've seen Firefly.
Posts: 2880 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Why should I, or all the people like me, want to see Serenity?
Because it's funny, and brilliant, and touching. You'll laugh, cry, and try to tear out your own intestines to stop the pain.

I can't overstate this: This was an absolutely brilliant movie, and if it doesn't get its due I'll never go see another movie in theaters again.

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

You don't think that's a little melodramatic?

I don't care if it gets universally rejected by the world at large, nothing would stop me from going to see Narnia in December.

I think it is a great movie, but that doesn't change the fact that not everyone can get into a sci fi movie, and Belle is right, the trailers don't really make it look like anything more than your run of the mill low budget sci fi flick.

I don't know what people are talking about when they say it hasn't been advertised though. It seems like every other commercial in Detroit is about Serenity.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

I really think the studio is doing an experiment with the way Serenity is (or rather isn't) being advertised. Knowing there was already a cult following eager to spread word of mouth, the studio is doing only the very bare minimum of "traditional" advertising and instead doing things to support the word of mouth and internet spread: the early previews of the unfinished movie, the "Sessions" viral videos. It's like they want to see how well that works without doing the normal advertising blitz.

In a way this probably lowers the $ amount for the movie to make a profit. I don't know what the numbers actually are, but I'd guess that most big studio movies have at least another million dollars in advertising costs. Anyone know an average advertising budget for a $40 dollar movie?

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't seen a single ad for it here in Madison.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neo-dragon
Member # 7168

- posted      Profile for neo-dragon           Edit/Delete Post 
Regarding Serenity's income (or more to the point, lack there of), let me just quote my own post from PWeb:

quote:
So I now know why Serenity isn't doing so great at the box office... No one even knows what the heck it's about!

I've tried to convince two of my friends to see it. The first is a fairly big sci-fi fan, like myself. In spite of knowing all the buzz about it, he's uninterested because he "hates Westerns". Hell, so do I, and I told him that, but he's unconvinced.

But as ignorant as he is about Firefly/Serenity, he's still more into sci-fi than the general population. So what happened when I tried to convince my other friend who's a more casual sci-fi viewer that she should give it a chance? Here's the conversation as best as I can remember it:

Me: So, have you heard of the movie "Serenity"? I saw it on the weekend.

Friend: I heard it's really bad...

Me: ...Um, no. In fact it's really good!

Friend: But I heard it got bad reviews.

Me: I don't think so. (actually last I checked the reviews are 80% fresh at rottentomatoes.com, but I didn't bother saying this).

Friend: Isn't it like Tomb Raider in space, with some action heroine chick named Serenity?

Me: Um, no... maybe you're thinking of some other movie.

Friend: (shrugs). Well I know I heard that it didn't even come in first at the box office this weekend.

Me: Well, yeah. That's true... Let me tell you the story behind this movie. A few years ago there was this show called "Firefly". It was created by the guy who made Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel...

Friend: Oh, that's cool. I liked Buffy. Never really liked Angel though...

Me: Yeah... well anyway, it was on Fox, but it was in a crappy timeslot where nothing ever does well. Consequently, it got cancelled after 11 episodes.

Friend: That's too bad.

Me: But the thing is, it was a really good show. When it was released on DVD it sold like crazy! It developed quite a dedicated fan base, so they made it into a movie.

Friend: So what is it about? There are some people on a ship or something, right?

Me: Yeah, well you see, they're kind of like criminals. They rob and smuggle and stuff...

Friend: So they're the bad guys?

Me: No, they're not...

Friend: So they do it to help the poor or something?

Me: No... Um, they do it to help themselves, but...

Friend: So they're bad guys.

Me: No. It's not like they kill innocent people or anything. They're like Han Solo in Star Wars. He was a smuggler, but he was really a good guy.

Friend: (sceptical look)

Me: Anyway, so there's this girl who's a psychic. The Alliance (the big bad government people) were doing all these experiments and stuff on her, but her brother rescued her. They eventually end up on the ship of criminals, and they're on the run.

Friend: So the girl is Serenity?

Me: No, the ship is Serenity.

Friend: Um, maybe I'll download it.

Me: No. You should go see it. I want it to make more money so that the franchise won't die!

At this point she was giving me one of those weird, "right... let's talk about something else now because I think you're slightly crazy" looks. So I ended by emphasizing it's good movie, then I gave up.

This is what the public thinks of Serenity, people.

So, to sum it up, at least part of the reason why Serenity isn't doing so great is because in what I suspect was an attempt to avoid over-hype, they fell into the pit of under-hype! Aside from people already familiar with Firefly, or those already initiated into sci-fi geekdom, nobody knows anything about this movie! I think they are really putting all their money on the word-of-mouth horse. Next weekend will really tell us how that pays off.
Posts: 1569 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

- posted      Profile for Zalmoxis           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'd guess that most big studio movies have at least another million dollars in advertising costs.
This guess is way, way, way low.

From Edward Jay Epstein:

"Last year, studios spent an average of $39 million per film on advertising and prints in America but only recovered $20.6 million per film from the theaters."

This, of course, is an average, but for a $40 million movie, it would be at least $10 million for advertising -- most likely more.

By the way, Epstein's Web site is a great source for perspective on Hollywood economics.

Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
neo-dragon, I read your post and it made me sad. Between your experiences and my own, I think a lot of the people in our lives are just ... idiots, wanting some pre-digested pablum or pre-packaged "deep" entertainment.
Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

A polling agency checked people at random theaters around the country, and found that half those who went to see Serenity were fans of Firefly, the other half had never seen it.
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
Though there are people out there like that neo, when I mentioned I was going to see it to a friend, she said hey that looked interesting. And then she ended up coming with me and some other friends to see it. I also convinced an additional friend that she wanted to see it as well.

I have to say they were both pleased with the decision.

Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

At least the Canadian ads are pretty awesome.
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. Your friends are way cooler than mine. [Smile]
Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd guess that most big studio movies have at least another million dollars in advertising costs.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This guess is way, way, way low.

Yeah, I kind of figured it was. For the point I was trying to make I figured it was better to guess on the low side than to overestimate it.

On the subject of the unitiated, most of the people I'd talked to about Serenity after seeing it thursday night either had never heard of it, and a few said "It looks like a typical summer movie." *sigh*

--Enigmatic

Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
I saw a trailer for serenity with "Batman Begins". I had already promised a friend I'd go see it with him, but I began to be interested when I saw the trailer.

All this just o say that there was a trailer and that, in my case, it was effective. My friend backed out, claiming he couldn't afford to go see it.

I'm paying for both of us because I want to see it... we're going next saturday.

Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.