FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Random Hatrack Confessions :) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Random Hatrack Confessions :)
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
*skeptical*
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joldo
Member # 6991

- posted      Profile for Joldo   Email Joldo         Edit/Delete Post 
Look, see!

*voice speaking*

The power of Christ compells you!

Me: Gr-augh! *twists head around backwards*

See?

Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
[Roll Eyes]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joldo
Member # 6991

- posted      Profile for Joldo   Email Joldo         Edit/Delete Post 
*demons flit away into the black of night, screeching, "W'lel be bcak!"*
Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MandyM
Member # 8375

- posted      Profile for MandyM   Email MandyM         Edit/Delete Post 
Belle, you are after my own heart! I LOVE Zoo Tycoon and I let my dog sleep on my husband's side of the bed in the morning after he leaves for work.

-I am a computer game addict. I love Neopets, which is the dumbest mind-numbing thing on the internet. But any game is fine really.

-I slept with a stuffed animal until I was out of college. I still need that huggy, but now I use a puffy pillow.

-(long story) I was writing a short story about a man in an orange Thing (the car) who I see on my morning commute every morning. He is traveling the opposite direction and I have this whole story made up in my mind that my former single self (I am happily married so this is all in my mind) will run into him at a gas station or something and I will stumble over myself trying to talk to him since I feel like I know him after seeing him everyday for the past 3 years. This my former single self will correspond with him through windsheild messages until a budding romance begins. When I mentioned this story to a friend at work, she told me that she knows who I am talking about and that he drops his kids off at the same school her son goes to. Now I am sad and have abandoned the story.

-I have had a medical condition that would be very easily fixed, but I am too embarrassed to bring it up with my doctor.

Posts: 1319 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
divaesefani
Member # 3763

- posted      Profile for divaesefani   Email divaesefani         Edit/Delete Post 
-I pretend that trends are started by me. Such as this thread. I totally already started a confession thread elsewhere. And cherries in fashion. I searched forever for a dress with cherries on it, then when I found one, 6 months later, the whole world followed me!

-I sleep with a teddy bear. His name is Bob. My husband gave him to me when we were engaged so that me and him could "cuddle" all night. Now that we're married, I need to cuddle at night, and he can't sleep if he's cuddling, so I still sleep with Bob. I even took him to Europe with me.

Posts: 161 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I eat avocados with a spoon, straight from the peel.

I quite often leave the dishes for my husband. Even though he's tired and works hard and I know I shouldn't, and I don't even MIND dishes that much once I start them; I even enjoy them, in fact.

I bribed my husband to get him to give in and agree not to circumcise our sons. I won't tell you what form the bribery took.

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
I have had a line from a song that probably doesn't exist in my head for the past 24 hours. It came to me in a dream, and it felt very, very real then and right after I woke up. But it's not even good, and I'd be surprised if it is real.
Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
kq, I won't say what I instantly assumed your bribe is.

- I don't know any lullabies, so I sang my kids to sleep with The Lumberjack Song.

-I am a major b**ch today.

Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pfresh85
Member # 8085

- posted      Profile for pfresh85   Email pfresh85         Edit/Delete Post 
I have numerous toys scattered about my room, sort of like a little kid.

Despite the fact that I bought a table and chairs last year, I eat all my meals in my room near my computer and my TV.

I love being around girls and being a more social person, but it also terrifies me greatly (so much so that I get sick and lose sleep).

That's all I can think of for now. If I have more, I'll come back.

Posts: 1960 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nell Gwyn
Member # 8291

- posted      Profile for Nell Gwyn   Email Nell Gwyn         Edit/Delete Post 
I am a lifelong and, thus far, incurable procrastinator...if anyone knows a cure, let me know!

I love making long-range life plans and planning trips, but I'm horrible at making or following day-to-day plans (or even hour-to-hour).

I'm plotting ways for me to acquire British citizenship, which includes marriage just for that purpose. [Razz]

Posts: 952 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
- I don't know any lullabies, so I sang my kids to sleep with The Lumberjack Song.
Heck, when I run out of lullabyes, hymns, and soft pretty love songs, I turn to murder ballads. My mom used to sing "The California Drinking Song" to me-- put me right out every time as an infant. I don't think "The Lumberjack Song" is that bad...
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
I just created the Empire State Building... out of styrofoam insulation.

I'm adopting a pair of kittens - whose current names are Fiazko and Pooka. And no the mother's human family are NOT Jatraqueros! (I'm lobbying for either Elphaba and Fiyero or Mungojerrie and Rumpleteazer for new names, though)

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
I named two of the characters in my NaNoWriMo story after Bob. When I've been stuck for names for other new characters I've pulled a screenname at random from the front page of hatrack and rearranged some of the letters.

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Random, and yet you've managed to pick Bob twice... LOL
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I still have the Barbie-pink digital alarm clock I got when I was eight.

I'm twenty five.

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aiua
Member # 7825

- posted      Profile for aiua   Email aiua         Edit/Delete Post 
I am afraid of things under my bed, murderers in my closet, and lulls in conversation.

I have never seen a single Star Wars movie. <-Is apparently a really bad thing.

Posts: 1215 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MandyM
Member # 8375

- posted      Profile for MandyM   Email MandyM         Edit/Delete Post 
I teach my students the drinking games I play with my friends at happy hour. (they don't know they are drinking games though)
Posts: 1319 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vasslia Cora
Member # 7981

- posted      Profile for Vasslia Cora   Email Vasslia Cora         Edit/Delete Post 
I have to be told to stop reading.
Posts: 503 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sillygoose
Member # 1616

- posted      Profile for sillygoose   Email sillygoose         Edit/Delete Post 
Originally posted by Vasslia Cora:
quote:
I have to be told to stop reading.
Ditto [Smile]
Posts: 169 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vasslia Cora
Member # 7981

- posted      Profile for Vasslia Cora   Email Vasslia Cora         Edit/Delete Post 
When I read, I get much less sleep.
Posts: 503 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Goody Scrivener:
Random, and yet you've managed to pick Bob twice... LOL

No, that part was intentional. It was after deciding two of the characters were named Bob that I had the idea to just steal names-
er, be inspired by names on hatrack whenever I was at a lose for what to call a character. (It's nanowrimo, not like there's time to think of character names after all.) Back when I'd originally had the story idea he'd asked if there was anyone named Bob in it, and so I decided there was. It's kind of a long story, really.
Not as long as it should be.
There's almost 40,000 more words to go by the end of the month!

--Enigmatic
(too tired to check if that made sense)

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
Every time I look at Orlando Bloom, I can't help but smile.

I think I am crazy.

Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Bowles
Member # 1021

- posted      Profile for David Bowles   Email David Bowles         Edit/Delete Post 
I secretly enjoy my daughter's Emo and "Scream-o" music...
Posts: 5663 | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vasslia Cora
Member # 7981

I'm... I'm human [Cry]
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
I wasted almost my entire day on Hatrack and other work-avoidance tactics.
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vasslia Cora
Member # 7981

Well, I've never plucked a rooster and I'm not too good at ping-pong
And I've never thrown my mashed potatoes up against the wall
And I've never kissed a chipmunk and I've never gotten head lice
And I've never been to Boston in the fall

And I've never licked a spark plug and I've never sniffed a stink bug
And I've never painted daisies on a big red rubber ball
And I've never bathed in yogurt and I don't look good in leggings
And we've never been to Boston in the fall

sillygoose
Member # 1616

- posted      Profile for sillygoose   Email sillygoose         Edit/Delete Post 
Vasslia- What is left for you to do then? [Big Grin]

(Yay Veggie Tales!))

Posts: 169 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
We are the Pirates who don't do anything, we just stay at home and lie around and if you ask us to do anything, we'll just tell you, we don't do anything!
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
I used to play the Star Wars card game with my brother. I would still play it if I could find somebody to play against me too.

I don't mind the smell of earwax

I have a plastic ring on my ring finger of my left had that I've had there since playing the role of Wendy in my school's production of Peter Pan.

Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Nell Gwyn:
I am a lifelong and, thus far, incurable procrastinator...if anyone knows a cure, let me know!

I know of a cure. I'm not sure if it works, though. I've been meaning to try it for some time.

I'll email you the details someday.

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
I've had a UN flag on my bedroom wall since '95...
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
desta
Member # 8777

- posted      Profile for desta   Email desta         Edit/Delete Post 
Even though I'm in a committed relationship, I flirt all the time. I like the attention.

I'm trying to get pregnant, but I'm secretly afraid I'll never be able to have kids.

Even though my mom is a b*#ch, I long for the day that she'll accept me for who I am.

I long for the day when I'm financially secure enough to pursue dreams that no one else knows but me.

When my landlord makes me mad, I let the hot water run for hours, since he pays that bill.

Posts: 22 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

ooh Desta I like that one!
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by MandyM:

-I have had a medical condition that would be very easily fixed, but I am too embarrassed to bring it up with my doctor.

The clap?
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

We need to leave for church in 30 minutes or so, and I'm still sitting in my jammies posting on Hatrack. [Big Grin]
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
These are great! I especially liked using the force to open grocery store doors. I do it by magic, sort of the way Gandalf might.

When my cats meow I answer them back in English as though they said very specific detailed things which are often rather surprising.

When I play music, I sometimes dance around the living room in an ad-lib style that merges ballet, martial arts, gymnastics, and yoga moves.

I sometimes narrate pretend-documentaries about my daily tasks as I go about them, in a fake Richard Attenborough voice.

My favorite thing to do is laugh until my sides hurt and I'm gasping for breath. My friends are so funny that this happens fairly often.

Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
- I slept in and didn't go to church this morning. I'm such a terrible person.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
I am slightly mad.
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- I am wondering why Alt is slightly mad...
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Every activity and value I had in high school is finished.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pfresh85
Member # 8085

I had to lie in church somewhat today. They offered lunch in Sunday School, but it was stuff that wasn't appealing to me. So rather than offend, I just said I wasn't hungry, and then I went to Taco Bueno afterwards. [Big Grin]
Posts: 1960 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- I just found out that liars go to hell. [Wink]
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm addicted to milk. I don't know how it happened, but I can't get enough of the stuff.
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sillygoose
Member # 1616

I sometimes play Candy Land and Chutes and Ladders with my little sister who is 15.
pfresh85
Member # 8085

I can't stand milk at all. I had to be conned into drinking breast milk as a baby, and as a kid and an adult I refuse to drink it all. Stupid milk.
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Here's my confession: I hunt down blackheads and squeeze them out mercilessly.
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Not whiteheads? I have more fun killing them.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

I am slightly mad in the sense that I am crazy. Yeah, that's right, I am loosing my mind.
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- I am no longer wondering why Alt is slightly mad.

- I'm tired of being threatened by people. I've been told, "I'll kill you," or "Don't make me kill you," so many times lately.

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.