FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Random Hatrack Confessions :) (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Random Hatrack Confessions :)
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm now humming Queen... "I'm going slightly mad, it finally happened..."
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Princess Leah
Member # 6026

- posted      Profile for Princess Leah   Email Princess Leah         Edit/Delete Post 
Me too, Goody!
Posts: 866 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Everyone's mind should be loosed.

But not lost.

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pfresh85
Member # 8085

- posted      Profile for pfresh85   Email pfresh85         Edit/Delete Post 
I've totally been bouncing from really happy to really lousy since my dosage was raised for my anxiety medication. Sometimes I feel like I'm on the top of the world, that everything will work out okay, and that my life is awesome. Then I fall immediately to the other side. I feel like my world is crumbling around me, that I won't ever get what I want, and that my life is the worst thing ever. It's not fun at all.
Posts: 1960 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vasslia Cora
Member # 7981

- posted      Profile for Vasslia Cora   Email Vasslia Cora         Edit/Delete Post 
Sometimes I hold conversations, in my head, with people that I know I am never in a million years going to have.

Oh, where is my hairbush?

Posts: 503 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
pfresh, you should probably let the prescribing doc know about the mood swings asap.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pfresh85
Member # 8085

I see him on Wednesday. He'll get all the details then.
Posts: 1960 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
I talk to myself in my room constantly.
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MandyM
Member # 8375

- posted      Profile for MandyM   Email MandyM         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by MandyM:

-I have had a medical condition that would be very easily fixed, but I am too embarrassed to bring it up with my doctor.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The clap?

No, not an STD, but still very embarrassing and in the same general region of the body. It started while I was pregnant and never went away and my daughter is almost 3. [Blushing]
Posts: 1319 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Mandy, if you're referring to what I think you're referring to, please let me strongly urge you to talk to your doctor. My father just got released to go back to work after 6 months of significant bleeding (to the point of causing anemia) and pain caused by what I think you're referring to.
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
If it's what I think you're referring to, you'll be a lot happier once you get it taken care of. (Mine didn't get better until I got pregnant again. Next time I'll make sure I talk to someone about it.)
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
And if it's what I think you're talking about, I recommend what my doctor did when I got up the nerve to discuss it with her: Kegels. Feel free to email for more details.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Kegels didn't help me, though they do some women. But we may be talking about completely different things. [Wink]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

I think we must be, as I have never heard of what I'm discussing being in any way helped by additional pregnancies. Actually, it usually gets worse with each one.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
I confess that I'm blissfully ignorant as to what any of the previous posters think she was referring to.

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Just you wait until you-- oh.

Nevermind.

pfresh85
Member # 8085

I confess that it actually doesn't bother me to hear about feminine matters. Not that I'd actively seek it, but I wouldn't avoid it either.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I think I know what rivka's talking about, and no, it's not the same thing. [Wink]
rivka
Member # 4859

Toldja.
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by breyerchic04:
Not whiteheads? I have more fun killing them.

Them too.

(and I'm glad that it wasn't what I was thinking of)

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ifmyheartcouldbeat
Member # 8692

- posted      Profile for ifmyheartcouldbeat   Email ifmyheartcouldbeat         Edit/Delete Post 
I confess

-I really do try my hardest to bend spoons with my mind.

-I have a horrible fear of people touching the bottom middle of my foot ::shudders:: (when people do it i FREAK OUT)

-I sleep with my stuffed animal that i got when i was 6...its a stuffed St. Bernard named Barnaby [Wink]

- My most two recent jobs..i quit without saying a word (eek!)

-I know every single word to Buffy the musical episode "Once More with feeling"...and own the cd...and listen to it A LOT

-I hate going to see movies in theatres

-I once ate an entire bag of string cheese in one sitting

[Smile]

Posts: 82 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sillygoose
Member # 1616

- posted      Profile for sillygoose   Email sillygoose         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ifmyheartcouldbeat:
-I know every single word to Buffy the musical episode "Once More with feeling"...and own the cd...and listen to it A LOT

Me too!! Although I have currently misplaced mine and it makes me quite sad. [Frown]
Posts: 169 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Princess Leah
Member # 6026

- posted      Profile for Princess Leah   Email Princess Leah         Edit/Delete Post 
IT MUST BE BUNNIES!!!!!!!!
Posts: 866 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ifmyheartcouldbeat:

-I have a horrible fear of people touching the bottom middle of my foot

I have never had any desire to do that. Until you just confessed your fear. And now, inexplicably, I'm tempted.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seespot
Member # 7388

- posted      Profile for seespot   Email seespot         Edit/Delete Post 
I ate over 1000 calories of ice cream last night.

I am very good at work-avoidance techniques

I love animaniacs, too, and was very sad when it was cancelled. If my husband really loves me, he'll get me the dvds(are they out?). He keeps talking about how he needs to learn the state capitals. I'm going to make him listen to Wakko sing about it repeatedly.

I still freak myself out at night when my husband isn't home, thinking about a movie I saw when I was 12. I'm 28.

Some television shows and movies really stress me out. One that stresses me out the most is Seinfeld. I guess I get too emotionally involved. [Smile]

Posts: 77 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheHumanTarget
Member # 7129

- posted      Profile for TheHumanTarget           Edit/Delete Post 
I've been listening to my daughter's "Kim Possible" CD...and singing along to the "Naked Mole-rat" song... [Blushing]
Posts: 1480 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rico
Member # 7533

- posted      Profile for Rico           Edit/Delete Post 
- I can play and sing the song spike sings for the Buffy Musical episode on my guitar, and have gotten my friends to sing along with it.
Posts: 459 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Rico, that's amazing! If you can look like spike too, you're invited to a bloomington clump gathering.

I had a dream about a hatracker who I dont think exists (the sn was either chanel or charel).

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
I love Kraft macaroni and cheese. (as long as the noodles aren't overcooked)
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fiazko
Member # 5812

- posted      Profile for fiazko   Email fiazko         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Goody Scrivener:
I'm adopting a pair of kittens - whose current names are Fiazko and Pooka.

Neat!

quote:
I'm lobbying for either Elphaba and Fiyero or Mungojerrie and Rumpleteazer for new names, though
Why??? [Cry]

[Wink]

Posts: 1090 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

Kittens are now officially Mungojerrie and Rumpleteazer. Sorry, fiazko, but the 8 year old is far more stubborn than anyone else... and Mungo actually answers to that name!
Rico
Member # 7533

- posted      Profile for Rico           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by breyerchic04:
Rico, that's amazing! If you can look like spike too, you're invited to a bloomington clump gathering.

I had a dream about a hatracker who I dont think exists (the sn was either chanel or charel).

My hair is black now, as it normally is. Three of us dyed our hair different colors, not for any particular reason, just because we were bored. Amanecer and one of my friends thought it would be a "funny" if I bleached my hair.

In retrospect, it was pretty funny [ROFL]

I think they wanted to make me look like Spike. Success? I don't know, you tell me.

Posts: 459 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Spike?
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
My confession: I am retelling the Hobbit to my 5 year old son. I now have great new respect for Peter Jackson, since my dumbed down version makes the cartoon look like academy award material.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

And you wonder why he calls you lady bug. [Wink]
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Spike!!!
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
- I just tried Tomato Juice, that V8 kind, and it is the nastiest, most vile thing that has ever had the grace to come in contact with my tongue.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MandyM
Member # 8375

Now I am wondering what you all are referring to because it sounds like you are all talking about different things. I am not bleeding (well, rarely, and certainly not enough to cause anemia), I can't imagine it getting better with an additional pregnancy and I don't think Kegels will help. [Blushing] I have a hemorrhoid caused from pushing during labor. [Blushing]

I need to get a new doctor. It is not a good sign when I don't feel comfortable talking about my butt with him. I also have a hiatal hernia caused by the pregnancy and he really didn't do anything to help me. Although there is not much one can do for that according to the info I found about it.

[edited for awkwardness]

Posts: 1319 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MandyM
Member # 8375

quote:
I love Kraft macaroni and cheese. (as long as the noodles aren't overcooked)
Me too but I don't even mind when they are overcooked.
rivka
Member # 4859

Mandy, I think none of us were talking about the same thing! *vastly amused*
pfresh85
Member # 8085

I confess that I have probably as much Japanese music on my Mac as I do English music. I'm such a nerd.
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
I watch "The Black Hole" at least a couple times a year. Gods, I love that movie. Some of the best alarms in any movie too.

"Increase power to maximum! We are going through!"

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vasslia Cora
Member # 7981

- posted      Profile for Vasslia Cora   Email Vasslia Cora         Edit/Delete Post 
I must admit that I have trouble reading into books as I read them.
Posts: 503 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
I confess I don't think I know that movie. And I think I ought to. *wanders to IMDB to look it up*

I found a 2005 version still in production. I also found a 2002 version (no plot summary, taglines, anything like that posted, so no idea what it's about other than, well, a black hole). Also found a 1979 version which has more information listed for it.

Which one are you talking about?

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fyfe
Member # 937

- posted      Profile for Fyfe   Email Fyfe         Edit/Delete Post 
I watch a soap opera. Obsessively. And it's got incest on it.

Jen

Posts: 910 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smitty
Member # 8855

- posted      Profile for smitty   Email smitty         Edit/Delete Post 
I too love South Park! Those guys have a form of genius (the raving lunatic type, of course)
I used to watch Animaniacs all the time in college
I watch an episode of the Simpsons almost every day
I talk to myself constantly when driving, and have caught myself doing it with other people in the car (fortunately asleep)
I loved the entire "Buffy" series, and tell myself constantly it was not a soap opera
I spend WAY too much time reading OSC novels or checking his web site for updates

Posts: 880 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theCrowsWife
Member # 8302

- posted      Profile for theCrowsWife   Email theCrowsWife         Edit/Delete Post 
I confess that I don't find The Song of Ice and Fire trilogy depressing. Does that make me a bad person?

--Mel

Posts: 1269 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Hi smitty! Are you new? Glad to see someone with such highbrow tastes on the 'rack!
smitty
Member # 8855

- posted      Profile for smitty   Email smitty         Edit/Delete Post 
Yup, newbie to the posts here. Just found them yesterday, while I was getting frustrated about no new Reviews / World Watches - it's like the guy has something else to do, instead of provide us food for thought daily!

I wasn't sure people here were quite crazy enough to listen to my rambling until I read this thread

Posts: 880 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pfresh85
Member # 8085

I confess that I'm feel super lousy today. Take my normal depressiony stuff, throw in it being cold and really windy, and then add in an upset stomach and headache. Wow, this is fun.
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.