FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » It's ON, Tante. (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: It's ON, Tante.
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
I want some caramel popcorn. Or chocolate caramel popcorn. I make it really good, too, and I'm having huge chocolate cravings. [/whine]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by quidscribis:
I'm having huge chocolate cravings.

What else is new?
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tinros
Member # 8328

- posted      Profile for Tinros           Edit/Delete Post 
You'll have to slip into the spoiler thread for that, Tante.
Posts: 1591 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Sigh. But I'm off sugar and chocolate for the most part. So I haven't had any in months and months and months and months. But what with hormones fluctuating... *whine* I want some chocolate! [Cry]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tinros
Member # 8328

Would this be good, quid?
Posts: 1591 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

See, now you're just being mean. [Frown]
Tinros
Member # 8328

Sorry. I thought I'd show you a picture of heaven, so you know what you have to look forward to. [Cry]
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Tante, I don't think that line in Stan's post was directed at you. I think it was directed at the people who are planning on posting more purely for the sake of trying to catch you. You post when you have something to say. That happens to be a lot. That's entirely different from posting just to inflate your post count.
ElJay be right. It's really against post whoring for no cause, rhyme, or reason.
Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Who cares....about post count, that is. [Big Grin]

While it can be fun to poke fun at Tante and some others about their high post counts I don't know anyone I respect here who would consider that to be an accurate measure of how much someone has contributed to the community. At least not in and of itself.

I didn't post a lot the first three years I was here because I didn't have a computer. The times I did post were posting from public computers, or at my parents house in RI. My post count was slim, to say the least...but I still loved coming here, although I was at times taken for a noob because of my post count. No one was ever rude to me (once they finally realized I wasn't otaku, anyway) even if they mistakenly thought I was new, and once they looked at my registration date they usually realized their mistake. [Big Grin]

I have not even make a Landmark, although I have a decent count now. I feel that in a way my everyday posts are as much of a landmark of who I am and what I believe as any specific "Landmark" thread could be, at least in some ways. I love Landmark threads, don't get me wrong, but I saved a place for one at 5000....then realized that I didn't really want to write one yet. [Big Grin]

Being a noob doesn't mean your opinions don't matter, or that your are stupid or ignorant, it just means that we don't really know you well yet. It is also a matter of posting style sometimes, because more than a few people here stopped being noobs within months of joining. Some never really felt like noobs at all, to be honest.

And my "list" of who is and isn't a noob (not that I really have one, or really care one way or another) would differ from other peoples list, I am sure. [Big Grin]

I think that if you post you should be adding something to the conversation. Post whores don't.

[ January 02, 2006, 12:32 PM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
The part of this thread that amused me the most was the "I'm a TEENAGER so I can post way more!" followed by its inevitable conclusion, going off and becoming interested in something else shortly thereafter.

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, impetuous youth...
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

quote:
Originally posted by Enigmatic:
The part of this thread that amused me the most was the "I'm a TEENAGER so I can post way more!" followed by its inevitable conclusion, going off and becoming interested in something else shortly thereafter.

--Enigmatic

Almost the definition of ironic, huh?
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vasslia Cora
Member # 7981

- posted      Profile for Vasslia Cora   Email Vasslia Cora         Edit/Delete Post 
Heh, that is rather funny.
Posts: 503 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Tante Shvester:
Oh, impetuous youth...

Oh come on. You should've seen this coming. ::grin::
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
I missed out on most of page two and page three!
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earendil18
Member # 3180

- posted      Profile for Earendil18   Email Earendil18         Edit/Delete Post 
Me too, but I'm definitely getting "caffeinated" vibe from some of the posts!
Posts: 1236 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tinros
Member # 8328

Actually, the case of Bawls is still sitting in my car, so if anyone's caffeinated, it's not me. AoD, however... I worry sometimes.

quote:
Originally posted by Enigmatic:

--Enigmatic

Momma, they're makin' fun o' me... [Cry]
quidscribis
Member # 5124

quote:
Originally posted by Tinros:
Sorry. I thought I'd show you a picture of heaven, so you know what you have to look forward to. [Cry]

Waaaaah! I don't mean to make you cry, Tinros! [Cry] I'm sorry! [Cry] I just miss chocolate.
Tinros
Member # 8328

So do I, come to think of it. I haven't had real chocolate in a while, and I had to watch my sister buy like ten bars of really expensive chocolate, one for each of her friends. Err.

S'all good.

Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
All I miss right now, is chicken soup. I'm sick.
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

Not making fun of, merely remembering what it was like to be a teenager. With perhaps a bit more perception from this side of it. And some making fun of- Oh, drat. [Big Grin]

The only people on Hatrack that I make fun of are family.

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
And we cry bitter, bitter tears.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Crocodile.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
After a while, rivka. [Smile]
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vasslia Cora
Member # 7981

- posted      Profile for Vasslia Cora   Email Vasslia Cora         Edit/Delete Post 
See you later. [Smile]
Posts: 503 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Later gator.
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Tout a l'heure, alligateur!
Shawshank
Member # 8453

- posted      Profile for Shawshank   Email Shawshank         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Tinros
Again, TEENAGER. That's NOTHING. By the end of this, I'll be going at well over 50 posts a day.

Seeing that you have 1324 posts and Tante has 9630. I hate to say it dude, but you lost.
Posts: 980 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

Wow. I was just reading through this without noticing it was from 2006, until I came to my own post and became very, very confused. [Blushing]

--Enigmatic

erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
The date tricked me because I was scanning backwards to find where the new posts started, and the old posts end on January 2, 2006, which I totally missed until I got to the top of this page.
Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shawshank
Member # 8453

Sorry I was bored and thought about back in the archives. I was reading this and realized we now have a clear winner.

I actually remembered this thread when it first showed up once I reread.

Hatrack archive diving is fun! (Someone should make a game out of that)

Posts: 980 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Someone did.

I'm sure the thread is still around somewhere.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
Just say "No" to Thread Necromancy.
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

So, did I win?

If so, what did I win?

Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

- posted      Profile for Flaming Toad on a Stick   Email Flaming Toad on a Stick         Edit/Delete Post 
I should hope you won that matching gauntlet you were pining after.
Posts: 1594 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

9248 posts, and our undying attention....

...Oh LOOK! A Butterfly!!!

:::wanders off:::

Tinros
Member # 8328

Haha. Here, Tante, have the other gauntlet. *gives*

I resign. I just don't check this site that much anymore... well, I don't post much anymore, because I don't really have too much to say. That, and the three months I was unable to check the site because of that weird mixup with my password... *sigh*

You win.

Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

::dons gauntlets::

Ooh! Shiny!

::rubs knuckle under tickly nose::

Ooh! Scratchy!

Shawshank
Member # 8453

Well Tinros if Tante has only been here for 29 months. Then she makes about 11.09 posts a day (much less than she used to)

If you post 50 times a day for the next 166 days you'll be caught up to where she is now. Another 40 days after that and you would have beaten her.

(Or if your goals are really high- try and beat kq)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.