FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Hatrack Dating Game - Round 1 , The Flame-Haired Israeli Princess! (Page 4)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: The Hatrack Dating Game - Round 1 , The Flame-Haired Israeli Princess!
Celaeno
Member # 8562

- posted      Profile for Celaeno   Email Celaeno         Edit/Delete Post 
I just watched Mulan because of this thread. Hatrack is taking over my life.
Posts: 866 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clod
Member # 9084

- posted      Profile for clod   Email clod         Edit/Delete Post 
*scratches hump*

*waits*

Posts: 351 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
I bid a dollar eighty.
Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jennabean
Member # 8590

- posted      Profile for jennabean   Email jennabean         Edit/Delete Post 
What's the bidding about?
Posts: 308 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

jenna,
shhh...it's a silent auction. Don't you know what the first rule of the silent auction is?

Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't talk about silent auction?
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jennabean
Member # 8590

Announce what's being auctioned off before the silence begins?
Posts: 308 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celaeno
Member # 8562

(I think Lyrhawn wins the thread.)
Posts: 866 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

*takes a bow*
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

<Nevermind, that's just mean>
clod
Member # 9084

*flatulensces*

*tweezes brow*

Posts: 351 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jennabean
Member # 8590

[Frown] I am still lost. Whatever, back to that gym class thread.
clod
Member # 9084

*tweezes flatulence*

*pads brow*

*wins a championship at the breeders cup*

erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
Bachelors! You've suffered through long waits, rigorous questioning and incompetence on the part of your host, but now it's YOUR turn to ask our beautiful bachelorette some questions of your own! They say turnabout is fair play, so...

The Verbose Vision:
Tell me about the most interesting place you lived?

The Historian Heartthrob:
Where do you see yourself in 10 years, and what kind of man do you see yourself with?

The Chiseled Child-Lover:
What are you looking for in a relationship?

Flame-Haired Israeli Princess, answer these questions and we will move on to the final phase!

Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tinros
Member # 8328

- posted      Profile for Tinros           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry, but does the name "Chisled Child Lover" remind anyone else of a pedophile?
Posts: 1591 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

The Flame-Haired Israeli Princess:

Most interesting place I've lived:
Jerusalem, Israel. There are few places in the world that have the amount of history, grandeur and character that Jerusalem does. The first time I lived there I don't remember as well, as it was from when I was born to shortly after that. But I lived there for a year again recently, and it was unbelievable. I would be happy to go on for a very long time, but you can just ask me for details... I will give them. [Smile]

Where I see myself in 10 years, and with what kind of man:
This is a very tough question. I have difficulty answering where I see myself next week! But I will do my best. Though there are really two ways to answer this question.

The way I would LIKE to see myself in 10 years is happily married (or in a happy relationship that will lead to marriage -- 29, after all, is a perfectly acceptable age by which to be married), and working for Disney, doing voice characterization and professional singing in their films. This is after graduate school, but I am always learning, always expanding horizons... I don't think, as long as I live, that I will ever stop learning. I learn just as much outside the classroom as I do in it. My husband/fiance will work in WHATEVER profession he wants to... he mustn't feel that he has to work in order to support the family. We will more than get by between the two of us. He can engage in whatever work captures his interest, but he must let me work as well. He will be kind and loving, but not utterly devoted... I want us to have more of a close romantic friendship than anything. I want to be able to hold a serious conversation, to confide in him, but also to goof off and laugh together about random things that pop into our heads. I want him to occasionally be spontaneous and romantic, to surprise me with beautiful thoughts and gestures that will make me feel... well, like a girl... but I also want him to be dependable, strong and solid. Eventually we will have kids, but probably not yet by that point.

It is, however, very difficult to predict what will happen 10 years from now. It is very presumptuous of me to assign myself a job like that... I would love to be able to sing professionally, but I know how difficult it is. Either way, however, I will be engaging in some sort of musical profession... it is my one true passion. Maybe I'll teach it. Either way, I'll be happy... Mr. Future and I will be happy together. Happiness is really my one main ambition. [Smile]

What I'm looking for in a relationship:
I really kind of outlined this already, but I'm looking for a man who can both make me laugh, and make me feel loved. I want passion and romance, but I also want close friendship... loyalty, real love. There has to be a healthy balance between the physical side of the relationship and the rest of it (conversation, stuff that we do together, and so on)... not too much of one or the other. Bear in mind that I'm currently describing the ideal relationship... the one that would potentially lead to something more.

Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Wow she answered fast.
Advent 115
Member # 8914

- posted      Profile for Advent 115   Email Advent 115         Edit/Delete Post 
She answered the same day you posted the questions? Wow.
Posts: 1941 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jennabean
Member # 8590

Seriously! But I'll still probably be married and on my second kid by the time my round starts...
Advent 115
Member # 8914

- posted      Profile for Advent 115   Email Advent 115         Edit/Delete Post 
I am afraid that jenna may be right on this one. It has taken forever to get this far along in the game.
Posts: 1941 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

I'll be starting the next phase momentarily - I was out to a belated valentine's day dinner, forgive me.
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by jennabean:
Seriously! But I'll still probably be married and on my second kid by the time my round starts...

Or stripping to support your amphetamine addiction.

But we all know I get that lapdance there for free. [Wink]

-Vanna pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celaeno
Member # 8562

quote:
Originally posted by jennabean:

Psst...are we supposed to know it's your round?
jennabean
Member # 8590

Pearce- Every little thing that we do... should be between me and you! The freaky things that we do... should be between me and you babbbyyy!

Celaeno- Well I think I will just start asking questions on my own already. Anonymity does not suit me well.

erosomniac
Member # 6834

Again, I apologize for the delay.

BACHELORS! You have a final, two-fold task before our lovely lady chooses a suitor. Answer one more question from the Flame-Haired Israeli Princess' list of questions and, based on the response you received to your last question, submit another question for her to answer.

Hopefully, the conclusion will come in less than 24 hours!

clod
Member # 9084

*trembles nervously*

Can I look at that list of questions again?

Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
*twiddles thumbs*
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celaeno
Member # 8562

quote:
Originally posted by erosomniac:
Hopefully, the conclusion will come in less than 24 hours!

And one hundred thirty-five hours later...

Come on, I'm curious. Have we given up on this?

erosomniac
Member # 6834

Waiting on responses to the last post.
Advent 115
Member # 8914

Umm, who is it that hasn't posted yet? I want to see the show continue!
erosomniac
Member # 6834

THE SHOW CONTINUES!

The Flame-Haired Israeli Princess: What do you expect out of a potential relationship?

The Historian Heartthrob:I don't know what I expect really. I'd assume that a relationship would be a good time for both of us. We'd be there for each other emotionally, to support each other, and to make each other laugh. We'd play board games on cold winter nights and drink hot chocolate with Frank Sinatra playing in the background, and go camping in the summer and hit the zoo and have a picnic. It'd be about enjoying each other's company, and being a solid emotional pillar in each other's lives.

I'd try to be as romantic as possible a lot of the time, buying little thoughtful gifts and sending notes and things here and there to let you know how special you are.

But the majority of the relationship would be a celebration of a mutual trust and understanding, mutual support, love and taking joy in each other.

My question for you, Bachelorette, is: What is your stance on long distance relationships?

The Flame-Haired Israeli Princess: What do you expect out of a potential relationship?

The Chiseled Child-Lover:I try never to expect too much in any new relationship. But I am looking for someone who shares at least some of my interests, like my varitey show comedy I do several times a month at a theater I work at. I think I am looking for someone who would be willing to participate in some of my favorite activities like snowboarding, my varitey show comedy I do several times a month, hiking, and thats about it. I am not hoping for anyone who wants to do all of these things I would enjoy doing even one of these activities together. But I just want someone who I can listen to talk about her day, let me protect her from anything that I can, let me comfort her when she needs it, and let me be by her side.

The Flame-Haired Israeli Princess: Do you like animals, and if so, what kinds?

The Verbose Vision: I love pretty much all animals (petted a bear and a wolf once while working at a wild life preserve). I grew up with a pair of sibling dogs, Molly & Max. They were half basset hound, half Labrador retriever. We got them when they were three and they lived to be about 14. Right now my mom has my cat, and his sister cat, Ender and Valentine. We rescued them from our neighbor who was going to drown them and 5 of their litter mates. Ender is 15 lbs and none of it fat, he's a massive black cat. He's 11 now, still spry, but smart enough not to get into fights anymore. He's friendly and vocal and intelligent and the bestest kitty in the whole world!

Tell me, Princess, what is the most important trait you are looking for in a mate?

In the interest of time, however, we're going to refrain from forcing the poor, patient Bachelorette to answer another round of questions, preferring instead to move on to...

THE FINALE!

Three Bachelors. One Bachelorette. Five thousand cameras. Who will die first? Which of these fine bachelors is secretly gay*? Do they know that the Flame-Haired Israeli Princess is really carrying the shogun's baby? WHAT IS GOING ON?

All this and more next time, where we reveal a HIGHLY SURPRISING, UNANTICIPATED TWIST!**

*Not really.
**Twist not included.

[ February 26, 2006, 01:34 AM: Message edited by: erosomniac ]

Advent 115
Member # 8914

ONE OF THE BACHELORS IS GAY?!?!?!
I never saw that coming....

Heffaji
Member # 3669

- posted      Profile for Heffaji   Email Heffaji         Edit/Delete Post 
It's fun to anticipate unanticipated twists.
Posts: 291 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Ohhh, c'mon! What gives here? Finish the dang story!

If I have to sign up for schlock TV because Hatrack has failed in fulfilling my media-sensationalism needs, I'll just be . . . be . . . be . . .

apathetic.

*razz*

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

WHEN WILL THIS BLASTED GAME COME TO ITS CONCLUSION!?!?!?!?!? [Wall Bash] [Confused] [Wall Bash]
Celaeno
Member # 8562

...if erosomniac's not going to be here for Lent, we're really never going to finish this, are we?
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
Vanna pH could continue the Dating Game!

...if she could get in contact with erosomniac.

ps. I think erosomniac is projecting about one of the bachelors being gay.

-Vanna pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Well who won something.

This game wins the award for the longest time taken to finish a single round of a game show ever!

Hooray!

Raia
Member # 4700

Seriously! [Razz]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

- posted      Profile for Juxtapose   Email Juxtapose         Edit/Delete Post 
It probably also wins for most elaborate rules...

At least on Hatrack.

That I've seen.

Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

eros and I will have to refine them for round two. So the game doesn't last for months on end.
Advent 115
Member # 8914

When [Wall Bash] will [Wall Bash] this [Wall Bash] game [Wall Bash] FINISH?! [Wall Bash]
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

- posted      Profile for Juxtapose   Email Juxtapose         Edit/Delete Post 
Not for a while. Eros gave up Hatcrack for lent.

Maybe if you ask Lyrhawn very very nicely he'll take it over.

Use candy.

Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

I thought Vanna pH was taking over...
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

I don't like candy. And I gave up pop for lent.

I accept pizza.

Advent 115
Member # 8914

*orders five thousand pizza's*

Your pizza is on the way. Please restart the game.

Or better yet, start a whole new Dating Game.

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Let me confer with eros first to see what we can do about ending this round, then I'll do something much, much easier and simpler for the next round.
Advent 115
Member # 8914

I say just start a new thread. This one has taken too long.
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd vote for starting anew, this time WITHOUT the titles. Because it's pretty obvious who each participant is, which defeats the "game" part of the game. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

If we don't get some action soon, things might have to get ugly.

[Mad]

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.