FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Old man Bob sets things straight (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Old man Bob sets things straight
Dick Button
Member # 9197

- posted      Profile for Dick Button   Email Dick Button         Edit/Delete Post 
His technique always looks as though it was invented in an egg grinder and
beat up in a mixing bowl, but he gets it done and it kinda comes off when he
does a very well-put-together program.

Posts: 46 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Bob_Scopatz:
That might make things worse, him being pond scum and all...

So I should drown him in a chlorine rich swimming pool?
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
password
Member # 9105

- posted      Profile for password           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Primal Curve:
quote:
Originally posted by Advent 115:
Ummm, I'd have to say that Claudia doesn't hold a candle to AoD.

Wow, just wow. I haven't heard anything this stupid in awhile- especially not on Hatrack. I'd give you an award, but it would involve drowning you to prevent you from breeding.
ok, hang on... I know you all don't have the bludgeon-sharp, finely-tuned-as-a-shotgun, sense of humor that I have, but perhaps Advent *is* just playing along here? After all, ClaudiaTherese chose to portray herself as a rather ugly drawing... is it too much credit to give Advent for being wry enough to have a little fun with that?
Posts: 121 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm...could be.

fwiw, I was just "riffing" in PC's thing about drowning. It's not really "aimed" at Advent, I just thought the pond-scum comment would be funny.

I don't really "know" Advent, and I really doubt anyone was really upset with him -- otherwise they'd either really be on the attack or they'd be totally silent.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
password
Member # 9105

I thought that might be the case. Just the drowning bit seemed a little harsh to me and so I nobly came to the rescue. But since he hasn't thanked me for it, have at the ingrate. [Razz]
Posts: 121 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

password,

Hatrack Rule Number 7,365: Primal Curve = Harsh.

Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
But it's a good harsh...like salt and vinegar potato chips.
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
password
Member # 9105

*loves salt and vinegar chips*

thanks for appraising me

Sergeant
Member # 8749

- posted      Profile for Sergeant   Email Sergeant         Edit/Delete Post 
Mistakenly ate a salt and vinegar chip once. . . ACK! [Angst] [Frown]

Sergeant

Posts: 278 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
Who on Earth says S&V potato chips are good? *ralph*
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
Me! [Big Grin]

But, if you prefer, it's a good harsh, like 90% cocoa chocolate.

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dick Button
Member # 9197

- posted      Profile for Dick Button   Email Dick Button         Edit/Delete Post 
That was better than something worse.
Posts: 46 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

Salt and Vinegar potato chips are an aquired taste. Once aquired, however, they're like crack. Kind of like the dill pickle chips.
Advent 115
Member # 8914

- posted      Profile for Advent 115   Email Advent 115         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ElJay:
I remember when punk-ass kids wouldn't dream of saying something cruel and unflattering to a women's face in public, or compare her unfavorably to another woman where all can hear. Regardless of your personal preferences, Advent, where precisely are your manners?

Fine. I would like to publicly appologize for saying that to Claudia. I had not meant the comment to be taken seriously, I was just trying to joke about my movie idea.

So I am sorry Claudia. [Cry]

Posts: 1941 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
What a lovely apology.

(No, I do not really take an insult to the person of the Duchess to heart, but it is gracious of you to respond so. Thank you! [Smile] )

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Primal Curve:
Salt and Vinegar potato chips are an aquired taste. Once aquired, however, they're like crack. Kind of like the dill pickle chips.

I miss salt 'n vinegar chips and dill pickle chips. They ARE crack, and I've been rehabbed. [Frown] [Cry] I miss me dill pickle chips. [Cry]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweetbaboo
Member # 8845

- posted      Profile for sweetbaboo   Email sweetbaboo         Edit/Delete Post 
S&V chips are good but I really miss ketchup chips (Canadian). They are YUM and you can't get them south of the border! KQ, have you ever tried them?

Bob, aren't chip crumbs considered lawn fertilizer?

Posts: 697 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

Primal Curve
Member # 3587

smitty
Member # 8855

- posted      Profile for smitty   Email smitty         Edit/Delete Post 
hmmm
Posts: 880 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
I think he's had too much salt n' vinegar chips. [Razz]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

- posted      Profile for Advent 115   Email Advent 115         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Bob_Scopatz:
Hmm...could be.

fwiw, I was just "riffing" in PC's thing about drowning. It's not really "aimed" at Advent, I just thought the pond-scum comment would be funny.

I don't really "know" Advent, and I really doubt anyone was really upset with him -- otherwise they'd either really be on the attack or they'd be totally silent.

HEY! I take offence at being called pond scum!

I'm not pond scum. I'm the fish eating the pond scum. [Wink]

Posts: 1941 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
That's just nasty. Really.

Gosh.

Where is your sense of taste?

Sour cream and onion taties -- that's the game.

*grumbles*

Kids these days!

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

[Razz]
smitty
Member # 8855

Flavored potato chips in general are new fashioned. We just had potatos in my day. Fancy-shmancy multiple forms of the noble potato...
Posts: 880 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcare
Member # 8736

- posted      Profile for sarcare   Email sarcare         Edit/Delete Post 
You had potatoes in your day! In my day the only people with potatoes were the Inca and they weren't sharing, we just had bread, and it wasn't particularly good bread either. We also didn't have flavors in my day, we couldn't afford flavors, there was gruel or bread, and occasionally bread and gruel.
Posts: 234 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smitty
Member # 8855

yeah, those damn Incans were a stingy bunch.
Shan
Member # 4550

Taties mashed.

Taties boiled.

Taties fryed.

Taties baked.

Taties with cabbage and carrots . . . and on a good day, a little corn beef . . .

Taties in just about any shape, form, taste, one desires.

*nummy*

*grin*

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smitty
Member # 8855

I would start a potato holy war over your depiction of the noble potato with <shudder> cabbage, but I'm too lazy.
quidscribis
Member # 5124

Bubble and squeak. Squeak and bubble. Yum!
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
You all had it easy. Why, when I was your age, we didn't even HAVE complaining. If we had to communicate our discontent, all we could do was grunt and bang rocks together. And not even little rocks. Those hadn't been invented yet. Giant boulders. It was our banging those giant boulders together all those years that allowed you young whippersnappers the luxury of small, hand-held rocks.

Also, we didn't even have dial-up modems. We had smoke signal modems.

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Back in my day, we had REAL pond scum, not this lily-livered froth they try to pass off as "pond scum."

Advent... [Hat]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

*flashback to the Superbowl "Federal Express" commercial*

Gee -- thanks, Tante . . .

*snort*

ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, Advent. I appreciate it.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by sweetbaboo:
S&V chips are good but I really miss ketchup chips (Canadian). They are YUM and you can't get them south of the border!

Of course you can. (I'm not sure why you'd WANT to, but that's your problem. [Razz] )
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

quote:
Originally posted by ElJay:
Thank you, Advent. I appreciate it.

For what?
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

posted February 25, 2006 10:43 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by sweetbaboo:
S&V chips are good but I really miss ketchup chips (Canadian). They are YUM and you can't get them south of the border!

Of course you can. (I'm not sure why you'd WANT to, but that's your problem. [Razz] )

I've had 'em. They're not as good as plain chips dipped in ketchup.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

Really, is there anything quite as good as the potato?
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

Um, yeah, lots of things. Shoe leather. Glue. You know. Things. [Razz]
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

I can make glue from potato. True story.
Dick Button
Member # 9197

Almost really quite effective.
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

You should see my horse from potato. I can make it work.
Dick Button
Member # 9197

I think it is so wonderful that any of these skaters can do whatever they
want!

Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
dude i want burgers bar
Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
(Regarding Bob's original post. Something to be directed against the modern punkiness, people who get whatever they want. I only get it all because I have a tongue and know what to say - to some people. That's why I never failed anything - and not because I was always competent!)
Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweetbaboo
Member # 8845

- posted      Profile for sweetbaboo   Email sweetbaboo         Edit/Delete Post 
I need to clarify, Old Dutch ketchup chips are the only kind that are tasty, the rest are inferior in their attempt to even be called such. [Razz] But thanks anyway rivka.
Posts: 697 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
If you're willing to pay for it, you can buy them on ebay.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
Quid, if I, say, mailed you some salt & vinegar chips, would they get to you? How carefully is mail checked?

Also, what are the chances they'd get there in pieces bigger than crumbs?

Also, once we're inside, how I find you? And once I do, how do we escape?

Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweetbaboo
Member # 8845

Heh heh, as much as I love em KQ, $20 is a little much for a delicious treat of chips. What don't they sell on ebay though? Seriously.

Edit to add: yes I'm a ketchup chip snob!

[ February 27, 2006, 06:34 PM: Message edited by: sweetbaboo ]

Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jonathan Howard:
I only get it all because I have a tongue and know what to say - to some people. That's why I never failed anything - and not because I was always competent!

Jonathan, sometimes you do cease to amaze me.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.