FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » March Madness 2006 (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: March Madness 2006
Xaposert
Member # 1612

- posted      Profile for Xaposert           Edit/Delete Post 
Ouch.... I was two three pointers out of first place. Poor Gonzaga and WVU....

Go Boston College - you are my only hope!
And definitely go George Mason!!! (Larranaga for president!)

Posts: 2432 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kristen
Member # 9200

- posted      Profile for Kristen   Email Kristen         Edit/Delete Post 
Woah, so there goes my entire bracket (I had Duke in the finals, argh!)

Only UCONN can redeem me now. Time to put my tax dollars to use! Go Huskies [The Wave]

Posts: 484 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
Sigh. WVU! Argh! Defeat snatched from the jaws of victory!

And that twit Battista blowing Gonzaga's game on three boneheaded plays down the stretch. In my opinion, they have him and only him to blame for losing.

#1 - Zags waste 35 seconds off the clock and miss a shot. Battista rebounds with 1 min left, and instead of dribbling out and wasting another 35, he puts up a quick shot that misses and allows UCLA to get the board and make 2 points.

#2 - Zags again waste 25+ seconds off the clock, and Morrison misses a shot. Battista overpursues and fouls on the rebound, stopping the clock and letting UCLA get two more points to come within one.

#3 - Zags inbound and get the ball to Battista, who, instead of dishing back to his guard behind him who was WIDE OPEN, decides to hold onto the ball, and gets it stripped. UCLA makes 2 more points and goes up by 1.

So, in the span of about a minute, this idiot makes three stupid plays that amounted to 6 UCLA points.

Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xaposert
Member # 1612

Ah, but it takes more than 6 points to come back from a double digit deficit.
Posts: 2432 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

Totally. But that twit did a huge chunk of damage that ultimately were the 6 straws that broke the camel's back.

And that Nova/BC game! One of the worst officiated games I've seen in the tournament so far, if not the worst, on both sides of the ball. I'm happy Nova won, but no matter who won the loser would have had a case against the refs.

Madness.

Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xaposert
Member # 1612

That wasn't a travel. [Frown]

But more, importantly... MASON WON!!!!! Fairfax, Virginia represent! I went to Jim Larranaga's basketball camp when I was like 12. That's about as close as I get to any person who's ever been a member of the Great Eight.
[Party]

FlyingCow
Member # 2150

UConn is once again sucking the nails out of the floorboards. Perhaps Washington is a team they won't be able to come back against?

UConn is full of great players with great talent and great egos. They don't play well together, and don't get motivated. Only luck and raw talent has saved them from hungrier teams... it may end tonight.

kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
Florida [Smile]
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tresopax
Member # 1063

- posted      Profile for Tresopax           Edit/Delete Post 
Did I mention George Mason is in the Elite Eight? I just want to make sure that is clear.
Posts: 8120 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
Boy, the elite killin's have emptied my brackets...
Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

UConn lives to suck another day. As much as I want Big East teams to advance to boost the conference strength of schedule next year, I'd love to see George Mason finally stick it to those bozos.

Still, I think it may come down to Nova beating them in the Final Four.

Jeni
Member # 1454

- posted      Profile for Jeni   Email Jeni         Edit/Delete Post 
Despite the fact that it will put a permanent end to my bracket, I just can't help cheering for George Mason.
Posts: 4292 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
GMU! GMU! GMU!

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged
Member # 7476

- posted      Profile for Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged   Email Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow...I love this game [Smile]
Posts: 796 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kristen
Member # 9200

- posted      Profile for Kristen   Email Kristen         Edit/Delete Post 
No!!!!!!!!! My parents are catatonic. [Angst]

But this is pretty awesome for GMU. I do admit.

Posts: 484 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
FLORIDA FLORIDA
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xaposert
Member # 1612

MASON! MASON! MASON! MASON! MASOOOOOON!!

WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

*explodes*

kaioshin00
Member # 3740

FLORIDA FLORIDA FLORIDA
Xaposert
Member # 1612

Ummmm.....

MASON! MASON! MASON!

They still merit chanting....

SoaPiNuReYe
Member # 9144

- posted      Profile for SoaPiNuReYe           Edit/Delete Post 
Shouts out to George Mason for making the final four. Their campus is just a few miles from where I live so this past week everyone was either drunk or crazy.
Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xaposert
Member # 1612

I'm not drunk, so I guess that proves I'm crazy.
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, looks like we have to give the applause to adam613 in the Hatrack winners bracket. Everyone is pretty much set and can't move any higher than where we are right now. Although Pixie picked Florida as well, but it won't be enough to catch adam.

Congrats to the top three in our pool. I'm mid-ground, but I'm happy. Still did better than I thought I would (and picked more winners than Mean Old Frisco) [Smile]

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
Isn't picking the winner worth 32 points?

I was under the impression that Florida winning tonight made me #1.

And since I started this tourney in last place (or near 'nough to it) That would mean I went Worst To First.

Pix

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

FLORIDA FLORIDA WINS it all [Smile]
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
YAY! Way to go Florida! YAY SEC!

Yay me for winning the Pick 'Em =)

Overall:
Overall Rank: 10,881
Percentile: 99th
Rank Change: +177,423

10,881th place is in the 99th percentile. Wow Yahoo had a lot of people playing!

Pix

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
You're right, Pixie!

For some reason, I thought adam had chosen Florida to win the final as well -- but he didn't.

It's all you! Way to go!

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.