FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Prove Your Geekiness (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Prove Your Geekiness
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Sheesh. My "to be read" stack is easily over a thousand.

*snerk*

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeesh
Member # 9163

- posted      Profile for Jeesh           Edit/Delete Post 
I have too many "to be read" books to leave them lying around the house. I have a very long list.
Posts: 1164 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
Me too, Jeesh . . . those are just the ones that are so close to the top that I've already bought them. [Wink]
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeesh
Member # 9163

I don't have enough money to buy all the books I like. I'm pretty sure I hold the record for most books check out at once from the library. Somewhere around sixty.
Posts: 1164 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
55.22682% - Extreme Geek

I've been playing Scrabble since I was 6 years old.

I can tell you all of the Q words which don't require U's.

I actually learned something from the reading comprehension section of the SAT.

They know my name at the library. Heck, they've even wiped out my fines before, just because.

I've turned down playing football with hot girls in bikini's to read my "Memoirs of Robert E. Lee" book.

A perch fish we were supposed to dissect in biology get exposed and hardened up and I adopted him (Freddy the petrified perch fish) rather than see him get thrown away. I then took him on trips with me. I irrationaly gave in to peer pressure one day and threw him away.

My biology teacher got me another one for my graduation present.

Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
Mph, that was the thread I was commenting on. [Big Grin]
Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
I was talking about books already purchased, in the house, waiting for me to read... [Big Grin]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
I am so geeky--I consider it a good day because I talked to Inara xxxx and Xxxx Ender today--two of my favorite clients.

oooh, and I sent a quote out to The Borg School. OK, they spell it Bourg, but we know that means that the Borg have Assimilated U.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
socal_chic
Member # 7803

- posted      Profile for socal_chic   Email socal_chic         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, well I'm feeling a little out of place here. I scored 5.52268% - Poser. heh heh. I..uh, oh well. I hope I dont get kicked out for that one. [Cool]
Posts: 137 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

- posted      Profile for Flaming Toad on a Stick   Email Flaming Toad on a Stick         Edit/Delete Post 
47.73176% - Super Geek.

But I play in a rock band, so my coolness credentials are restored.

Posts: 1594 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
I wear a calculator watch.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeesh
Member # 9163

I want your watch.
b boy
Member # 9587

- posted      Profile for b boy   Email b boy         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
oooh, and I sent a quote out to The Borg School. OK, they spell it Bourg, but we know that means that the Borg have Assimilated U.
heheheheheheh... clever.
Posts: 58 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

quote:
Originally posted by Jeesh:
I want your watch.

You can't have it. But you can buy your own.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earendil18
Member # 3180

- posted      Profile for Earendil18   Email Earendil18         Edit/Delete Post 
What makes me a true geek, is that I actually spent a month or two, compiling my own dictionary of the languages of Middle-Earth. [Wink] I still have 3 pages starting with Adan...then going to Mithrond...etc etc etc.

Bits of grammar study in there too. [Wink]

<----Geek

Posts: 1236 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_L
Member # 9448

- posted      Profile for _L           Edit/Delete Post 
Traffic lights inexorably make me think of routers, I wear a watch that counts the time in binary by way of small green lights, and I have a T-Shirt that says "Bad grammar makes me [sic]."
Posts: 18 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by rivka:
quote:
Originally posted by Jeesh:
I want your watch.

You can't have it. But you can buy your own.
I had that exact same watch over twenty years ago. It's good to know there are still some simple things in this world that don't change.
Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by _L:
...and I have a T-Shirt that says "Bad grammar makes me [sic]."

*giggle*
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Oh, I have had various incarnations of this watch for close to twenty years. I love having a calculator any time I need it.
vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
But I play in a rock band, so my coolness credentials are restored.
Yeah, but is it a math rock band?

quote:
I have a T-Shirt that says "Bad grammar makes me [sic]."
Where did you get it?! I want one. Hell, I'll DIY it. Is that considered nerdy? Because I prefer to DIY almost everything.
Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_L
Member # 9448

- posted      Profile for _L           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Where did you get it?!
Here [onehorseshy.com]

[Smile]

Posts: 18 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh man, this one makes me happy [Smile]
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Kidd
Member # 2646

- posted      Profile for Chris Kidd   Email Chris Kidd         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought this was funny

Funny stick Figurers

Posts: 513 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.