FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hatrack Gift Exchange: People who have not recieved gift read last post (Page 2)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Hatrack Gift Exchange: People who have not recieved gift read last post
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
I've already made an index card of who partisipated last year, and both people they were associated with, when I draw names, those will not be chosen.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Good idea, breyerchic--I'm impressed!

It would be a much more haphazard affair if I were running it.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
I can do things like this, but keeping my bedroom in order, or managing to have all of my homework perfectly on time, not so well.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
We all know the only reason you're doing this, breyer, is to gather even MORE information on us, so you Hatrack stalker persona is satisfied. [Wink]
Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

[Eek!]

I think the good doctor's on to something!

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

You both realize I already have last years spreadsheet, so really there are only a few people I'm collecting info from [Wink] And I don't get too much from collecting this, just towns and names. It's much better just to read the what I want thread, which as promised will be up around the 11th.
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Ok I have 38 entrants and eight people who have posted in this thread but not emailed. Keep them coming people. Wouldn't it be great to break last years record?
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I e-mailed me, but not Zev because I forgot his letter again. I'll e-mail that tomorrow.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Does anyone want to volunteer to do Zevlag because his needs to go out earlier. I don't see a problem posting here because he won't see it until he gets back, but you could just email me if you do.
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm trying to see if it will fit in our tight (newlywed/student) budget...I really want to participate, but I don't know if I can convince my husband it's a worthwhile expense. [Wink] We'll see what happens. I want to join every year, but something always stops me. Maybe this will be the year it happens!
Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Hopefully you can, lots of fun.
Theca
Member # 1629

- posted      Profile for Theca           Edit/Delete Post 
Wouldn't it be easier for Zevlag to get his when he gets back? There isn't a whole lot he can accept while he's down there except food, right? And a care package recieved his final two weeks seems a bit useless. But when he gets home he can have all sorts of material things he hasn't been allowed to touch for two years.
Posts: 1990 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

I didn't get the letter from Zevlag, but I'm sort of assuming he might have asked for it to be sent to Australia. I don't know, if not, and someone has an address for him in the US we could wait.
Noemon
Member # 1115

quote:
Originally posted by hansenj:
I'm trying to see if it will fit in our tight (newlywed/student) budget...I really want to participate, but I don't know if I can convince my husband it's a worthwhile expense. [Wink] We'll see what happens. I want to join every year, but something always stops me. Maybe this will be the year it happens!

You could just make something, or bake something delicious, or something like that. I know I'd be really happy to get something home made, whether it was food or art or whathaveyou.
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Dagnabbit, I forgot the letter again. [Frown] But yes, the address was in Utah, so he could open it on Christmas Day.

The early pairing is so he can send one from Australia in time. [Smile] So really, what he needs is a volunteer to get something from Australia. [Smile]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

OOOh that's even easier. Who wants something from Australia?
JennaDean
Member # 8816

- posted      Profile for JennaDean   Email JennaDean         Edit/Delete Post 
Last year I watched all this with interest, but felt too new to participate ... I'm thinking this year I'll give it a try. [Smile]
Posts: 1522 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Jenna you've deffinatly been here long enough now. I can't wait for your email.
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
No one is too new! Folks should just dive in! I think it's a really good way to get into the forum because for 6 weeks, those of us involved are all pretty active posters/checkers. It's so fun to see what everyone received/sent.
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DaisyMae
Member # 9722

- posted      Profile for DaisyMae   Email DaisyMae         Edit/Delete Post 
Umm, can I be in it even though I'm not really part of the "in" crowd here yet? I don't want someone to be like, "I got DaisyMae? Who the crap is that?"
Posts: 293 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
NO! You are NOT allowed to be in it! Under no circumstances whatsoever! Even if you sent a check worth a substantial amount of money (think lots of zeros) payable to "Dr Strangelove" to my address, which can be arranged to be provided to you.

In other words, tis ludicrous to refrain from playing on account of newbieness. What better way to get more integrated into the community?

Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry. You think you have been around long enough to get kickbacks? Get back in your box, Strange.

Pfft. Newbies.

DaisyMae, just be sure to provide requests/ideas in the likes/dislikes/allergies thread when it's posted, and it will be fine. [Smile]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

DaisyMae, the only requirement is you post in all of the threads required, and help us get to knwo you well enough. Send me an email and we'll work it out.
Noemon
Member # 1115

DaisyMae, a lot of times the exchange serves to put somone on your radar that wasn't there before. Last year erosomniac was the person I got a gift from. I was aware of him prior to the exchange, but not nearly to the degree that I was afterward. Somehow getting the CDs from him cemented him in my mind to a greater degree than he previously had been.
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I can play this year.

Yay!

Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Euripides
Member # 9315

- posted      Profile for Euripides   Email Euripides         Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone else want something from Australia?
Posts: 1762 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

We usually have quite a few international partisipants. This year it seems to be less. It'd be great to have you join.
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Noemon:
DaisyMae, a lot of times the exchange serves to put somone on your radar that wasn't there before. Last year erosomniac was the person I got a gift from. I was aware of him prior to the exchange, but not nearly to the degree that I was afterward. Somehow getting the CDs from him cemented him in my mind to a greater degree than he previously had been.

^_^

This actually worked both ways; once I got Noemon's name, I went back and checked his recent posts and definitely recognize him as being an actual presence on the board as opposed to just another poster because of it.

That and, you know, 'cause he's cool.

Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
Breyer, did you get my email?
Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

No Val I didn't. Weird. Also I got one from Kwea, but to my personal address, which is a no go.
Jeni
Member # 1454

- posted      Profile for Jeni   Email Jeni         Edit/Delete Post 
Do you actually need someone to volunteer to get something early from Australia? If so, I absolutely would not mind. [Wink] However I don't think it really matters... it'll just go unopened for a little while longer.
Posts: 4292 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Euripides
Member # 9315

- posted      Profile for Euripides   Email Euripides         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok I sent off my e-mail [Smile]
Posts: 1762 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

quote:
Originally posted by rivka:
I'm sorry. You think you have been around long enough to get kickbacks? Get back in your box, Strange.

Pfft. Newbies.

[Razz]

Just trying to finance the awesome present I'm going to get my person. nyah nyah. Now you wish it was you, don't you. [Evil]

(just kidding btw. I don't know what I'm going to get whoever yet, but, while it will no doubt be awesome, it'll stay within the boundaries.)

Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
Good question, Val. Did my email get through, breyer?
Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Equae, yes it did.

Jeni, no I really don't, it was sort of a joke.

Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd join in, but I don't actually know where I'm going to be in December, so it's probably not going to work for me.
Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in. I just need to update my address, I'm living in a different place as last year. Which I will do...eventually.
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Yes I need addresses from everyone even if they did partisipate last year.

Boris, could we have your gift not sent until January or something, and you just send from wherever?

Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I'm playing. [Smile]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

I have almost 50 entries in so far,and they aren't due until the 13th. Much Fun, we're getting new people and old ones both. I'm a bit concerned that lots of people have posted here but not emailed. I know I've said that before so I'm probably getting really boring, but you aren't entered until I have your mailing address. And while I still have names from last year, I only have addresses in one hard copy in a folder, which isn't nearly as easy or fun to copy.
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
I emailed. I'm in.

There's a very good (100%) chance my gift will not be homemade. But I'm a pretty good shopper, so I think we'll be okay.

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nell Gwyn
Member # 8291

- posted      Profile for Nell Gwyn   Email Nell Gwyn         Edit/Delete Post 
I wanted to do this last year, but I was ridiculously broke and short on time.

This year, I'm not-quite-so-ridiculously broke, and time isn't as much of an issue, so I'm in. Email sent. [Smile]

Posts: 952 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Awesome from both of you, glad that you're in. Got the emails.
Libbie
Member # 9529

- posted      Profile for Libbie   Email Libbie         Edit/Delete Post 
yaaayyy, I just sent you my info! This sounds like way too much fun. Awesome idea!
Posts: 1006 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

I like it, this is at least the fourth year here at hatrack, my third doing it, second involved, first running it. I did one for the now (more or less)defunct model horse teens yahoo group.
Oobie Binoobie
Member # 8059

- posted      Profile for Oobie Binoobie   Email Oobie Binoobie         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, that sounds like fun! I'm in too. First timer!
Posts: 89 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Allegra
Member # 6773

- posted      Profile for Allegra   Email Allegra         Edit/Delete Post 
I am going to do it again this year. I just sent my e-mail.
Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Awesome. I'll check it in a bit.
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Oobie, is there anyway you could post that in the other thread I started please?
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
Just e-mailed. Bwahahahahaha!
Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.