FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hatrack Gift Exchange: People who have not recieved gift read last post (Page 3)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Hatrack Gift Exchange: People who have not recieved gift read last post
Dark as night
Member # 9577

- posted      Profile for Dark as night   Email Dark as night         Edit/Delete Post 
This is my first time, breyerchic. Count me in.
Oh, and I just sent the e-mail.

Posts: 155 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
What the heck. Put my name in the hat.
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe I've lost it, but there are less posts in this thread now than there used to be.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samarkand
Member # 8379

- posted      Profile for Samarkand   Email Samarkand         Edit/Delete Post 
E-mailed!
Posts: 471 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Sent. [Big Grin]

Sorry, I have over 200 spam messages in my hotmail account, and that reply got lost in them. [Smile]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
Three things from Australia. [Smile]

(Emailed.)

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katdog42
Member # 4773

- posted      Profile for katdog42   Email katdog42         Edit/Delete Post 
I have to say that I love this idea. I really enjoy reading the posts on what everyone gets each year. I wish I could join in, but due to my lifestyle I will have to continue playing vicariously. Just wanting to wish everyone lots of fun in picking and receiving gifts this year.

Sr. Kat

Posts: 340 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
What about your lifestyle prevents it? (Serious question seeking enlightenment [Smile] )

Is there a problem with you receiving a gift? Or with the cost of giving one? If the latter, I voluteer to be your recipient. I think it would be really cool to get something very inexpensive but heartfelt and/or fun from a nun. Do you draw or write poetry or prose? Take photos? Do any kind of craft?

If the former, of course, I have no idea what I'd get for a nun, but that's what the other stickied thread is for.

But this totally isn't a pressure thing. Just think of it as concern from someone who'd hate to see you miss out unnecessarily. [Smile]

Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katdog42
Member # 4773

Giving a gift would be pretty easy for me. I have enough money in my personal budget to cover the cost of mailing something, if nobody minded stuff from our gift shop and some hand made crafts. I guess I've just always been nervous that no one would care much for nun gifts (as we call them around here).

Receiving gifts is the bigger issue for me, really. We can receive gifts, but gift giving is not a huge practice around here. I guess it's more my own reticence than anything.

I'll think about it this year.

Posts: 340 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cmc
Member # 9549

- posted      Profile for cmc   Email cmc         Edit/Delete Post 
Just an idea - but I saw something earlier about emailing if you hadn't rcvd your gift by a certain time and the 'hatrack elves' would be notified... What if you were one of them (if you didn't feel comfortable rcvg...)?

Like I said - just an idea, since it's my first time and I have no idea how this all works...

Posts: 1355 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

My aunt is a nun, and I always love to hear from her. [Smile]

She was (is, but retired) a Sister of Charity in Pittsburg, PA.

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
CMC is right, for Katdog or anyone who doesn't feel the need to recieve, or anyone who is willing to send out a second gift, we do need a list of elves. These people will be asked to send out a gift if something goes wrong later. In the past three years, it seems there has been one or two a year that for some reason or another a gift didn't make it to someone, and an elf stepped in to help.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tmservo
Member # 8552

- posted      Profile for tmservo   Email tmservo         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope I didn't miss getting in on the gift exchange! Loved it last year, looking forward to doing it again!
Posts: 202 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

No you didn't, just email hatrackfestivus@gmail.com by the 13th with your name and email address, then post in the other thread by the 16th.
katdog42
Member # 4773

I would certainly not mind being an elf, of course, with the understanding that whatever I send will likely be handmade (which I know is a plus anyway) or incredibly simple. If that's cool, count me in as an elf... should I send an e-mail?
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Yes please send an email so I can reply to you easier when I'm panicked that a present hasn't been sent. Thanks so much KatDog.
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok ok ok. I'll do it.

E-mail forthcoming.

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Shani, you act like you've been forced.

Has anyone not gotten a reply? Yes entries are still open, but I'd like to see if I haven't emailed anyone back, because I think I have. If you haven't gotten a reply, send another email, and please post here.

Astaril
Member # 7440

- posted      Profile for Astaril   Email Astaril         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, despite the fact that it's been a number of months since I was here with any regularity, I think this sounds rather fun, and a good way to get back on Hatrack a bit and get to know some of the people who've joined since I left. So if no one minds, I'm in.

Info has been emailed, breyer.

Posts: 624 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

quote:
Originally posted by breyerchic04:
Shani, you act like you've been forced.

*dramatic soprano pose* Woe is me!
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

I have not heard you sing, so I have no idea if you are a soprano....but I believe the rest. [Wink] [Razz]
Raia
Member # 4700

[Razz]

(I am, in fact, a soprano... but I like to think I'm not one of the superdivas, for the most part!)

beautifulgirl57
Member # 9877

- posted      Profile for beautifulgirl57   Email beautifulgirl57         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in!! omg this is so exciting!! :DD
Posts: 46 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Keep entries coming all day long.

We currently have 74 entries, same as last year and I'd really like to break that.

MandyM
Member # 8375

- posted      Profile for MandyM   Email MandyM         Edit/Delete Post 
Will you send a confirmation email or something of that sort?
Posts: 1319 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

I have at this point replied to everyone who has emailed. If I haven't replied to you there's something wrong one way or another. I will email on Thursday (or friday if it gets too long) with your match.
Eisenoxyde
Member # 7289

- posted      Profile for Eisenoxyde           Edit/Delete Post 
I've been super busy for the last 1 1/2 weeks and haven't had time to lurk on the forum, I'm glad I saw this and was able to get my e-mail in under the wire.

Jesse

Posts: 175 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MandyM
Member # 8375

- posted      Profile for MandyM   Email MandyM         Edit/Delete Post 
I did not get an email. I just realized that the email listed in my profile is the one I use for spam and I never check it. I just changed it over to my real email. I have 2500+ emails in my spam account (I never go there) so could you maybe possibly resend the confirmation, pretty please? [Smile]
Posts: 1319 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The White Whale
Member # 6594

- posted      Profile for The White Whale           Edit/Delete Post 
Not even 100 posts, but I'm in.

Hopefully, this will be the beginning of the end of my status as lurker. [Big Grin]

Posts: 1711 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cmc
Member # 9549

Rabbit - just got it... 'in the hat'... ; )
Posts: 1355 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

That's some pretty impressive lurking, White Whale - over 2 years and still under 100!
Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Imogen you're going to make this into a contest for user #2 or something to show up.

Mandy, I did get an email from you, if you want me to reply to a different address, please email hatrackfestivus with it before thursday.

cmc
Member # 9549

What did the final count end up being?
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Coccinelle
Member # 5832

- posted      Profile for Coccinelle   Email Coccinelle         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so excited! I can't wait to get my match [Smile]

[ November 14, 2006, 11:56 AM: Message edited by: Coccinelle ]

Posts: 862 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
When will we get names?
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

*pies*
quote:
November 17th: Everyone will receive an email with their match. Please reply to that email as soon as possible after you get it.

imogen
Member # 5485

quote:
Imogen you're going to make this into a contest for user #2 or something to show up.

Actually I remember a while back some comment was made and some ridiculously early user with a remarkably low post count popped out of the woodwork.
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Yeah, and I remember who the SN belonged to, but not which one it was.
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

I have emailed matches to all of the As and Bs but will keep going tommorow. Please reply when you get your match.
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so excited. I got my giftee, and I know exactly what they're getting. This is so much fun!
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

- posted      Profile for Paul Goldner   Email Paul Goldner         Edit/Delete Post 
Should I have a match at this point?
Posts: 4112 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Would that be A's and B's by SN's or IRL? *grin*
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

I'm sorry this is taking so long, life is busy. Which is why I started assigning ten days before previous years.

No Paul nor Shan should have gotten emails yet.

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Toldjaso. [Big Grin]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

No you didn't, you said there would be less because we have less active members. I think, I don't save convos. Paul and Shan should have gotten emails by now.
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
No Paul nor Shan should have gotten emails yet. [/QB]
Nor me. I look forward to the day with anticipation.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
No you didn't, you said there would be less because we have less active members.

Actually, what I said was that you shouldn't worry, there would be a good showing. [Smile]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Sorry tante, I'm getting to you.
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Received, received, received! Yay! Thanks, m'dear! *smile*
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.