FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Join My Indignation! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Join My Indignation!
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by The Rabbit:
Murphy's law.

Where do you shop ElJay? I want to know where these rack loads of sizes 2-6 are.

Yeah, that's the way it goes.

I do most of my actual buying at discount department stores, like TJ Maxx and Marshell's, because they tend to have a wide selection of sizes and cuts. (Even when I find things that are theoretically the right size they usually don't fit, because my proportions are not "normal.") The store referenced above, however, was Coldwater Creek.

It also could be a function of where I live, however. People in the Upper Midwest tend to be more padded than those further south and nearer the coast, so maybe the smaller stuff just doesn't sell out as fast here.

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Libbie
Member # 9529

- posted      Profile for Libbie   Email Libbie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ElJay:
Actually, with the quotes, the first three links were to the same Xanga community (that is pro-ana) and none of the rest in the first two pages had anything to do with it. Most were to "normal" weight loss sites, like WW and spark people, men's health, a couple of pages from people who did gastric bypass, and two links to this thread.

Really? I got the Xanga communities, several LJ communities, one Myspace community, and a number of random pro-ana web pages. I had two sparkpeople pages in the first three pages of results and one seemingly normal dieting page.

Maybe all these pro-ana pages I'm getting mention my region in some way, so Google thinks they're more relevant to me. Maybe there are more anorexics in Seattle than anywhere else. [Wink]

Posts: 1006 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Dan_raven:
Would it be less objectionable, but just as powerful if the quote was, "Nothing tastes as good as being fit feels."

It's certainly much better. [Smile]

quote:
Originally posted by ElJay:
The store referenced above, however, was Coldwater Creek.

They have stores? Are they as ridiculously overpriced as their catalogs? [Razz]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Yep and yep.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Although they do sometimes have clearance racks in their stores, which is somewhat more convenient than the catalog. And they sometimes hand out coupons as you enter for money off if you spend over a certain amount.
kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
They have clearance online, too.
Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.