FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hatrackaraoke - sing for an audience, from the privacy of your own home! (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Hatrackaraoke - sing for an audience, from the privacy of your own home!
Squish
Member # 9191

- posted      Profile for Squish           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I miss these old songs... Reminds me of when my sisters and I used to sing while doing the dishes. ^_^

Again

Posts: 168 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a bit quiet and hard to hear, but you have very nice tone when I can hear it. [Smile]
Posts: 21181 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
JT -- I didn't realize your voice was that high (tenor). I somehow thought you were more of a baritone/bass from what I thought I had heard before of your clips. But that was a great job of Grapevine (I haven't listened to everyone else's yet.)
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
eros, we need another list update.
Posts: 21181 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Thank you. [Smile]
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Farmgirl:
JT -- I didn't realize your voice was that high (tenor). I somehow thought you were more of a baritone/bass from what I thought I had heard before of your clips. But that was a great job of Grapevine (I haven't listened to everyone else's yet.)

Nope, I'm pretty solidly in the 'tenor' range. I can sing the baritone range okay, but not with much depth in the lower reaches.

Which song(s) of mine made you think that? Do you remember?

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, I recorded one. danny boy. I'm kinda sick, so my voice isn't at its best, but it looked like such fun that I had to try it. Also, is there any way to not have the background noise if I'm just using the mic that's in my computer?
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolixshore
Member # 4496

- posted      Profile for prolixshore           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Annie had so much fun recording songs with me yesterday that she stole my microphone. This leaves me with a great deal of equipment envy, eying up the best deals on computer recording equipment and new microphones. I think if she is going to leave me stranded, micless on the side of the internet, the least she could do is actually record a song and release it for us to hear. Am I right?

--ApostleRadio

Posts: 1612 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolixshore
Member # 4496

- posted      Profile for prolixshore           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Talk about ask and you shall receive! Here is Annie's new one. I say she sounds quite good.

Angel

And it's even dedicated to me. How about that?

--ApostleRadio

Posts: 1612 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RackhamsRazor
Member # 5254

- posted      Profile for RackhamsRazor   Email RackhamsRazor         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Geez AR, you are fast at posting. I suppose this means you liked it [Smile] . Well, I messed up a few entrances, but I like this one better than the first one I performed. Enjoy!
Posts: 306 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

The Princess joins in.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Would God I Were The Tender Apple Blossom, which, again, got quieter than it was when I reviewed it for some reason. Sorry. If you can't hear the words, I'll re-record and try to get it louder.
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
KQ, I listened to "In the Sweet By and Bye" - well, the first part of it (very slow internet)

You have a very sweet voice, and it seemed very well suited to the song.

Posts: 4392 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Thank you! I actually think I did better on the last one I linked. (But apparently someone didn't like the fact that I "changed the words" to "Danny Boy", even though these are older words, or maybe they just didn't like my voice, 'cause they rated me 3 stars and left no comment. Oh, well! I like it!)
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I keep trying to do "The Saga Begins" but I can't get all the way through it before I bust up laughing.
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kq, maybe it's that your voice is kinda quiet, so it's hard to hear your changed words. I hope my rating helps balance it out though!

Edit: I added a new recording of Amazing Grace as well.

[ March 21, 2007, 11:30 PM: Message edited by: Dragon ]

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Do you think I should re-record it, dragon?

*goes off to listen to Amazing Grace*

erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
List updated. I'm linking the first song everyone does so the list doesn't get cluttered, but Singshot lists your other songs directly below that one. Hooray, participation!
Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

Yeah, I'd love to be able to hear what your lyrics are - I'm only familiar with the ones listed on the site.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I'm able to hear them when I turn it up, but then, I know what they are. It was louder when I recorded it, I had mic volume almost all the way up, reviewed it and it was fine, but then I saved it and it went softer. Same thing happened on another song. [Dont Know]

I can't record tonight, I'll try to get to it tomorrow (I'm thinking of trying to make the slideshow better anyway.) In the meantime, these are the lyrics I sang, except for a few words ("slender" instead of "silver", and a "your" for a "you" typo here and there. You may need to scroll down.) They're often listed simply under "Londonderry Air", but I don't use that title because it's politically charged and wasn't used until the 1920's or 30's anyway. I call the song by the words, and the tune by an older name-- "Air from County Derry."

And that's more than you ever wanted or needed to know. [Wink]

(Actually, if you want to know even more, I have an excellent link.)

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Okay, I think I fixed the volume. Sound is not quite as good, and I still can't figure out how to keep the images in the order I want when making a slide show, but it's better than it was, I think. Tell me what you think, Dragon. [Smile]
Dragon
Member # 3670

I like it a lot! You have a wonderfully clear voice, it's perfect for this type of music.
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Realized if I don't record now I probably never will, strep throat be damned. I've done karaoke once in my entire life so it took me awhile to build up the courage to try. But I felt it would be good for tearing down shyness.

http://www.singshot.com/songDetail.html?songId=1020

Figures I'd chicken out and just do a falsetto song [Razz]

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

- posted      Profile for Flaming Toad on a Stick   Email Flaming Toad on a Stick         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And here's the link to Black Blade's song.
Posts: 1594 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

That's strep throat falsetto?

I'm impressed.

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dragon:
That's strep throat falsetto?

I'm impressed.

Third attempt at the song too, I don't how my vocal chords didn't start bleeding.

Ill sing something more NORMAL some time in the near future, it was way fun listening to all of you!

edit: KQ I particularly enjoyed your Danny Boy! Bravo!

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolixshore
Member # 4496

I have recorded a bunch of songs, now. Have a listen, if you dare!

Though in the interest of time and laziness, I will only link to one. You can navigate to the rest on your own, punks.

Out Of My Head

--ApostleRadio

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.