FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hatrackaraoke - sing for an audience, from the privacy of your own home! (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Hatrackaraoke - sing for an audience, from the privacy of your own home!
Squish
Member # 9191

- posted      Profile for Squish           Edit/Delete Post 
I miss these old songs... Reminds me of when my sisters and I used to sing while doing the dishes. ^_^

Again

Posts: 168 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
That's a bit quiet and hard to hear, but you have very nice tone when I can hear it. [Smile]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
JT -- I didn't realize your voice was that high (tenor). I somehow thought you were more of a baritone/bass from what I thought I had heard before of your clips. But that was a great job of Grapevine (I haven't listened to everyone else's yet.)
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
eros, we need another list update.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Thank you. [Smile]
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Farmgirl:
JT -- I didn't realize your voice was that high (tenor). I somehow thought you were more of a baritone/bass from what I thought I had heard before of your clips. But that was a great job of Grapevine (I haven't listened to everyone else's yet.)

Nope, I'm pretty solidly in the 'tenor' range. I can sing the baritone range okay, but not with much depth in the lower reaches.

Which song(s) of mine made you think that? Do you remember?

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, I recorded one. danny boy. I'm kinda sick, so my voice isn't at its best, but it looked like such fun that I had to try it. Also, is there any way to not have the background noise if I'm just using the mic that's in my computer?
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolixshore
Member # 4496

- posted      Profile for prolixshore           Edit/Delete Post 
Annie had so much fun recording songs with me yesterday that she stole my microphone. This leaves me with a great deal of equipment envy, eying up the best deals on computer recording equipment and new microphones. I think if she is going to leave me stranded, micless on the side of the internet, the least she could do is actually record a song and release it for us to hear. Am I right?

--ApostleRadio

Posts: 1612 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolixshore
Member # 4496

Talk about ask and you shall receive! Here is Annie's new one. I say she sounds quite good.

Angel

And it's even dedicated to me. How about that?

--ApostleRadio

Posts: 1612 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RackhamsRazor
Member # 5254

- posted      Profile for RackhamsRazor   Email RackhamsRazor         Edit/Delete Post 
Geez AR, you are fast at posting. I suppose this means you liked it [Smile] . Well, I messed up a few entrances, but I like this one better than the first one I performed. Enjoy!
Posts: 306 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

The Princess joins in.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Would God I Were The Tender Apple Blossom, which, again, got quieter than it was when I reviewed it for some reason. Sorry. If you can't hear the words, I'll re-record and try to get it louder.
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
KQ, I listened to "In the Sweet By and Bye" - well, the first part of it (very slow internet)

You have a very sweet voice, and it seemed very well suited to the song.

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Thank you! I actually think I did better on the last one I linked. (But apparently someone didn't like the fact that I "changed the words" to "Danny Boy", even though these are older words, or maybe they just didn't like my voice, 'cause they rated me 3 stars and left no comment. Oh, well! I like it!)
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I keep trying to do "The Saga Begins" but I can't get all the way through it before I bust up laughing.
Dragon
Member # 3670

kq, maybe it's that your voice is kinda quiet, so it's hard to hear your changed words. I hope my rating helps balance it out though!

Edit: I added a new recording of Amazing Grace as well.

[ March 21, 2007, 11:30 PM: Message edited by: Dragon ]

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Do you think I should re-record it, dragon?

*goes off to listen to Amazing Grace*

erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
List updated. I'm linking the first song everyone does so the list doesn't get cluttered, but Singshot lists your other songs directly below that one. Hooray, participation!
Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

Yeah, I'd love to be able to hear what your lyrics are - I'm only familiar with the ones listed on the site.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I'm able to hear them when I turn it up, but then, I know what they are. It was louder when I recorded it, I had mic volume almost all the way up, reviewed it and it was fine, but then I saved it and it went softer. Same thing happened on another song. [Dont Know]

I can't record tonight, I'll try to get to it tomorrow (I'm thinking of trying to make the slideshow better anyway.) In the meantime, these are the lyrics I sang, except for a few words ("slender" instead of "silver", and a "your" for a "you" typo here and there. You may need to scroll down.) They're often listed simply under "Londonderry Air", but I don't use that title because it's politically charged and wasn't used until the 1920's or 30's anyway. I call the song by the words, and the tune by an older name-- "Air from County Derry."

And that's more than you ever wanted or needed to know. [Wink]

(Actually, if you want to know even more, I have an excellent link.)

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Okay, I think I fixed the volume. Sound is not quite as good, and I still can't figure out how to keep the images in the order I want when making a slide show, but it's better than it was, I think. Tell me what you think, Dragon. [Smile]
Dragon
Member # 3670

I like it a lot! You have a wonderfully clear voice, it's perfect for this type of music.
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Realized if I don't record now I probably never will, strep throat be damned. I've done karaoke once in my entire life so it took me awhile to build up the courage to try. But I felt it would be good for tearing down shyness.

http://www.singshot.com/songDetail.html?songId=1020

Figures I'd chicken out and just do a falsetto song [Razz]

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

- posted      Profile for Flaming Toad on a Stick   Email Flaming Toad on a Stick         Edit/Delete Post 
And here's the link to Black Blade's song.
Posts: 1594 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

That's strep throat falsetto?

I'm impressed.

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Dragon:
That's strep throat falsetto?

I'm impressed.

Third attempt at the song too, I don't how my vocal chords didn't start bleeding.

Ill sing something more NORMAL some time in the near future, it was way fun listening to all of you!

edit: KQ I particularly enjoyed your Danny Boy! Bravo!

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolixshore
Member # 4496

I have recorded a bunch of songs, now. Have a listen, if you dare!

Though in the interest of time and laziness, I will only link to one. You can navigate to the rest on your own, punks.

Out Of My Head

--ApostleRadio

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.