FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I just recieved Deathly Hallows (edit: false alarm) (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: I just recieved Deathly Hallows (edit: false alarm)
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
I never said it was an animagus, more likely a horcrux formed when the curse backfired, if we are working on an assumption that Voldemort sneezes out accidental horcruxes like Harry's scar. Well, it's my out-there bizarre theory based on snippets from the Deathly Hallows wikipedia section on hints from Rowling:
quote:
Asked which five of her characters she would like to invite to dinner, she chose Harry, Hermione and Ron, but then hesitated before choosing her last characters, saying "See... I know who's actually dead," unsure whether she was permitted to invite those who are 'dead'.[42]
quote:
J. K. Rowling said in 2001 that Harry might get another pet at some point.[35] Although Buckbeak may have filled this role (Harry obtained possession of the Hippogriff after the death of Sirius Black, albeit under Hagrid's care), she also hinted that Fawkes, Dumbledore's phoenix, might have another role.[36]
We will learn something very important about Lily:
Now, the important thing about Harry's mother - the really, really significant thing - you're going to find out in two parts. You'll find out a lot more about her in book five, or you'll find out something very significant about her in book five, and you'll find out something incredibly important about her in book seven.

—– J. K. Rowling[37]
Rowling has long said that the fact that Harry has "his mother's eyes" is "very important."[38]
Severus Snape has been an important and enigmatic character throughout the books, as his true loyalty has always remained unclear. It is to be anticipated that as a surviving major character, his loyalty will be settled in the final confrontation of the book.[39][40]
Questioner: There’s an important kind of redemptive pattern to Snape.
Rowling: He, um, there’s so much I wish I could say to you, and I can't because it would ruin. I promise you, whoever asked that question, can I just say to you that I'm slightly stunned that you've said that and you'll find out why I'm so stunned if you read Book Seven. That's all I’m going to say.[37]

quote:
she created a NAQ section of her website, in tribute to the girl who asked the question. In her NAQ section, she states:
Why did Dumbledore have James' invisibility cloak at the time of James' death, given that Dumbledore could make himself invisible without a cloak?

On 29 September 2006, she revealed that Severus Snape was not under the cloak the night of the Potters' death in the Rumours Section of her website.

There's room in these statements for Lily to not actually be dead and for her to have been under James' invisibility cloak, and Snape brought her back to Dumbledore. Maybe. I'm just messing around here. It's an ironclad reason for Dumbledore to trust him, don't you think?

Though it would mean Hermione dies, I think, and that would make me really really sad.

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
Why would it mean that?
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
solo
Member # 3148

- posted      Profile for solo   Email solo         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by pooka:
I never said it was an animagus, more likely a horcrux formed when the curse backfired, if we are working on an assumption that Voldemort sneezes out accidental horcruxes like Harry's scar.

But why would Lily turn into a half-kneazle when a curse backfired to create a horcrux? I'm having a really hard time following that logic.
Posts: 1336 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Damien.m
Member # 8462

- posted      Profile for Damien.m   Email Damien.m         Edit/Delete Post 
First let me say that there are now eleven Harry Potter threads in the first two pages of this forum! Obsession is not a strong enough word for us!

And second of all LILLY POTTER IS DEAD!!! There is so much evidence for this that I find it hard to believe that anyones actually questioning this! Firstly Jo has repeatedly said that she is in fact dead. And secondly, it was Lilly's sacrifice that enabled Harry to survive the Avada Kedavara.

Posts: 243 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

- posted      Profile for GaalDornick           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Asked which five of her characters she would like to invite to dinner, she chose Harry, Hermione and Ron, but then hesitated before choosing her last characters, saying "See... I know who's actually dead," unsure whether she was permitted to invite those who are 'dead'.[42]
So that means none of those 3 will die, according to her. [Eek!]
Posts: 2054 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.