FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » A (gushing) review of the He-Man movie script...

Author Topic: A (gushing) review of the He-Man movie script...
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
Language and extreme fanboy-ness advisory.

No Orko? [Cry]

But seriously, I've read through this spoilerific review. It seems to be mostly a collection of video game cut-scenes strung together. "ADAM adds THE SORCERESS to his party!" Whee. [Big Grin]

I suppose that's the best one -could- do with a "serious" He-Man movie.

[ June 04, 2008, 11:55 PM: Message edited by: Puffy Treat ]

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cactus Jack
Member # 2671

- posted      Profile for Cactus Jack           Edit/Delete Post 
What about that artichoke head guy J Michael Strazinski wrote?
Posts: 241 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

What about him? [Smile]
Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cactus Jack
Member # 2671

Does he get to go to the party?
Posts: 241 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

Looking over the script review, no.
Cactus Jack
Member # 2671

That's too bad. Give him a little onion dip head sidekick and that party would have been awesome.
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't mind a new He-Man at all. But does it have to be riddled with so damned many cliches that have been done to death over the last few years? There's a great summer CGI flick in there somewhere, but it seems lost amongst the rehashing of a dozen other movies with a little He-Man frosting on top.

Also, I'm okay with ditching Orko in the same way that I'd be okay with ditching Snarf in a life action Thundercats.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lyrhawn:
Also, I'm okay with ditching Orko in the same way that I'd be okay with ditching Snarf in a life action Thundercats.

"You've got to snap out of it, Lion-O! Call out the Thundercats before-" "Shut up, you ****."

(NSFW, language and naughtiness.)

Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TL
Member # 8124

- posted      Profile for TL   Email TL         Edit/Delete Post 
So I read the script review, and tried to imagine the movie being described, and in my imagination, the movie being described was a stinker for the ages.

Every time the reviewer started to gush about how dark and gritty it was, I kept thinking: That's it? That's what's so great about it? That it's dark?

Also, he said "high tech" about a million times.

This. Does. Not. Sound. Good.

Posts: 2267 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

Eh, the reviewer is probably a part of the jaded, burnt out generation of fanboys that thinks grim & gritty=adult & sophisticated. Mark Millar turns all the Avengers into vile, greedy, unheroic jerks? Then The Ultimates must be the most "realistic" comic EVER.

The dude who wrote this script has absolutely zero comedy relief and made everybody dead-set-serious about things like "The Sword of Light"? Then it must be HARDCORE. [Wink]

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Sterling -

Where the heck is that from? Actual out takes from the cartoon?

That was hysterical.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

Larry Kenney (the voice of Lion-O) confirmed these were real. They've been on the net for a long time. More than a decade, at least. [Smile]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.