FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Sarah Palin to Resign (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Sarah Palin to Resign
Mucus
Member # 9735

- posted      Profile for Mucus           Edit/Delete Post 
They really gotta let us do something about that.
I wonder how Peking Geese would taste.

Posts: 7593 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Teshi:
quote:
Been to every country in western and central Europe, including the mini-nations, and I've still never set foot in Canada.
That's sad. We're maybe not as exciting as Europe, but we're pretty nice all the same.
My parents love Vancouver- they've been there twice on holidays. I've just never had occasion to go. What American college student, or recent grad gets a hankering to tour Canada? Maybe they do, just not me.
Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Some of my best friends are Canadian.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

I've met some really nice cool people from Canada, mainly the west, and I've met some arrogant jerks from Canada, mainly the eastern part.

Number one most annoying thing some Canadians do, in my opinion: tell you they know more about X facet of America than "most Americans." That's just one of those things that only Canadians seem to be willing to say with a straight face- you don't hear it coming from people who aren't both English speaking, and actually from the same continent. That leaves Canadians. Now I'm not even saying it can't be true- it's just an annoying and pointless thing to say, and unfortunately I've heard it one to many times.

That is all. Viva la Canada.

Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
mainly the eastern part.
Like the Maritimes or Quebec and the Maritimes or Ontario, Quebec and the Maritimes?

Anyway, shockingly, Canada is not full of super-nice zombies but real people! Some of them are jerks.

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I have to admit that a northern neighbor populated entirely with super-nice zombies would be kind of cool.

"Eh, neighbors! We've come down to borrow some cups of sugar. And any brains you've got, um, lying around, you know."

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

quote:
quote:
mainly the eastern part.
Like the Maritimes or Quebec and the Maritimes or Ontario, Quebec and the Maritimes?

Not that I can recall all of them individually, but the nastier types of Canadians I've met have all been from Quebec or Ontario, or other places, just not from the west. Maybe that's just because we pacific northwestern people sometimes consider ourselves one continuous nation stretching from San Francisco to Vancouver. Alaska can't come though.
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Anyway, shockingly, Canada is not full of super-nice zombies but real people! Some of them are jerks.

I feel so disillusioned. [Frown]
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
You thought your wife was a zombie? [Eek!]

Isn't the little one was sleeping through the night now?

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.