FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Teaser Trailer for HBO's "Game of Thrones" (Page 10)

This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10   
Author Topic: Teaser Trailer for HBO's "Game of Thrones"
The Black Pearl
Member # 11788

- posted      Profile for The Black Pearl   Email The Black Pearl         Edit/Delete Post 
And that creepy kid. And Arya bickering with Sansa, looking so awesomely annoyed.
Posts: 1407 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Black Pearl
Member # 11788

- posted      Profile for The Black Pearl   Email The Black Pearl         Edit/Delete Post 
Episode 7 has already been online for a few days because it was on HBO Go.

Spoiler

Extra scenes involving Jaime and Tywin, then Peter training whore is deception. They were good. Dany's scenes were good. Her hair is cool. The chick playing the wildling woman who accompanies Bran is the girl who plays Tonks in HP. And shes awesome. No Tyrion/Arya makes me sad. And Jon's actor is still really average.

And man do I want to punch Cersei.

Posts: 1407 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

- posted      Profile for Stone_Wolf_           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm okay with Jon, at first I wasn't, but I've warmed to him okay. What ruffles my feathers is how little and how wrong they have Jon's direwolf Ghost. He barely shows up, and when he does, he's barking or growling...in the book he never makes a single sound...but is always there with Jon, making his presence felt, almost like another major character in the book.

I was also disappointed with Tywin, he seemed much to "man of the people", skinning a deer (symbolism much?) and getting his hands bloody in the cold. I could be remembering wrong, as it has been awhile, but I thought he was the epitome of high class superiority, not the kind who would get their hands dirty with "servant work".

Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Black Pearl
Member # 11788

Eh, I kind of liked that. He's also self sufficient and pragmatic. And he does it in uh Tywin-like fashion. Remeber, Tywin hated his father for generally being lazy and incompetent. Skinning a deer in his free time kind of makes sense. I can kind of imagine him seething in childhood and focusing on chores. And really, is he actionally just gonna sit in a fancy chair all day?

I agree about the wolves. Also, something that bothered me a couple episodes ago, is that Tyrion never tries to tell Caetlyn what a douche Petyr really is. Which would set up all the political play and suspicions in the second season.

This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.