FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » You voted for us, and it worked!!! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: You voted for us, and it worked!!!
Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

- posted      Profile for Flaming Toad on a Stick   Email Flaming Toad on a Stick         Edit/Delete Post 
lol at the "STOP CHEATING" comments.
Posts: 1594 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CT
Member # 8342

- posted      Profile for CT           Edit/Delete Post 
I responded. It shows up under all of the families, though -- all comments do.

I did not identify the Meeses by name, and I suspect they would prefer it that way. I also suspect they would prefer us to avoid dogpiling or gettin' into fights in the comments (spitballs, haymakers, and pigtails into inkwells included [Smile] ). Y'all can make your own decisions, of course, but I would hate to see this become a burden them in any way.

Posts: 831 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
I saw your comment, CT, only shortly after seeing the other comments. As always, you speak with grace and wisdom. Thank you.
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Flaming Toad on a Stick:
lol at the "STOP CHEATING" comments.

Where?

edit: nvm, found them. That is kinda funny.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
VOTED!

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
Rule number on of the internet: don't bother with people who type in all caps.

edit: this was not directed at you j_k! Sometimes words or short phrases are best suited to be conveyed in capital letters. [Smile]

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

quote:
Originally posted by Belle:
I just voted 5 times in quick succession but the total numbers didn't change. It only recorded one vote.

I did the captcha on all five. [Dont Know]

Never mind, just read Mama Squirrel's message that it doesn't refresh immediately. Good to know my vote is counting!

I've also noticed that you can't just hit enter on the captcha, you have to actually hit submit. When you do that the vote gets counted right away.
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DDDaysh
Member # 9499

- posted      Profile for DDDaysh   Email DDDaysh         Edit/Delete Post 
Um, which family should I vote for?

Edit: NM, I'm an idiot, I just read through the rest of the thread!

[ October 21, 2010, 08:43 PM: Message edited by: DDDaysh ]

Posts: 1321 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CT
Member # 8342

The link in the first post of this thread goes directly to the appropriate page to vote.
Posts: 831 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DDDaysh
Member # 9499

yep, I figured that out. I just wanted to be sure! I didn't want to be voting for the wrong people.

:-) I'm in class, I've got nothing better to do.

Posts: 1321 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CT
Member # 8342

(I wondered the same thing at first. [Smile] )
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
so did I. [Big Grin]

Voted.

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

13705 total, almost to 15000 already. [Big Grin]

I voted like 12 or 15 times. [Big Grin]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

13709 now! (7186 is the closest competitor)

Night!

malanthrop
Member # 11992

- posted      Profile for malanthrop           Edit/Delete Post 
Voted once...

Every year I throw away my WA absentee ballot...I'm now a FL resident. I could vote in two states if I wanted to. I tried to get WA to stop sending me the ballot. Unfortunately, I need to show up in person, on the other side of the country, to get them to stop. On second thought,....maybe I should vote twice.

Posts: 1495 | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

How long does voting go on for this?

I think it'd probably be a good idea to take it easy on the voting for a bit. They have almost double the votes of anyone else and it may just be adding insult to injury to keep piling them on.

We can periodically check the standing of other contestants, but barring any spectacular surges on their parts, I'd suggest just sitting back for a bit.

CT
Member # 8342

Oh, I don't know. I suppose it's one way to go.
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
The troubling part is the family now at 7k got there in less than half the time it took the Meese to get to 14k.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theamazeeaz
Member # 6970

- posted      Profile for theamazeeaz   Email theamazeeaz         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I guess they had the good sense to swap out their Disney World picture when shilling for a free trip.
Posts: 1757 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DDDaysh
Member # 9499

Is that the family that had a DW pic? I was wondering, because I didn't see any when I was flipping through.

I keep voting periodically. I don't think it hurts anything. This isn't like a little league game or something. Another family might suddenly get a huge voting surge, so you want to be sure!

Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
I try to vote at least 5-10 times a day. Right now I just kept voting while watching a football game and I think I got in 40-50 :blush:
Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Strider
Member # 1807

Well I obviously can't stop anyone from voting, and I'm not demanding that everyone stop all voting! I just don't see a practical reason to keep doing it at the level we have. It doesn't seem to be in the spirit of Hatrack to so blatantly make a show of dominating the competition. I understand we all want the Moose family to win, this is not a ploy to lull us into complacency so the other family can pull ahead, just a comment on how the competition has progressed. But again, my viewpoint on voting etiquette is certainly no objective fact!
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Strider, given how quickly the #9 family has pulled from less than 100 votes to well over 7000, I suggest complacency would be a bad move.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CT
Member # 8342

Yep. "How the competition has progressed" is "often by startling leaps."
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Thirded. And that includes our leap from far behind family #3 to caught up in one night. I'd rather keep as big a lead as possible to make it unlike that another family can overtake us if they get a large group of people voting for them for the last five hours straight or something.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
Agreed. Nov. 15th is still a ways off and there is plenty of time for other familes to organize and move ahead. In my mind, the best way to combat accusations of foul play is for the Meese family vote to increase at a more or less steady rate over the next 3 weeks with votes coming from as many different regions as possible.

The bigger their lead is, the less likely it is for some other family to organize a big push to boot them out of the lead. Plus, I'd much rather pop by to vote a few times a day over the next few weeks, than spend a marathon session trying to bump them into the winning position at the last moment.

[ October 24, 2010, 05:30 PM: Message edited by: The Rabbit ]

Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Voted a couple dozen times during the football game.

I kind of agree that we should continue at the pace we've been going at. That family might be 7K behind, but they're coming on with a fury, and I have no problem cushioning a lead.

And I liked your response to the complainers CT. It was succinct and graceful. Well said.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DDDaysh
Member # 9499

15331 :-)
theamazeeaz
Member # 6970

- posted      Profile for theamazeeaz   Email theamazeeaz         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by DDDaysh:
Is that the family that had a DW pic? I was wondering, because I didn't see any when I was flipping through.

I keep voting periodically. I don't think it hurts anything. This isn't like a little league game or something. Another family might suddenly get a huge voting surge, so you want to be sure!

Yep, they now have Christmas pic.
Posts: 1757 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

I voted 10 more times, and it updated, but then when I refreshed to vote again it was on the old number.

Weird.

15394 (probably more)

Kwea
Member # 2199

15402 total, close as I can tell now.

7281 is their closest competition, as far as I can tell. [Big Grin]

KEEP VOTING!!!

sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
Just found this thread today. My first vote is in!

And I really appreciate this opportunity. I no longer live in the Chicago area, so opportunities to vote early and often don't present themselves at my current location. [Wink]

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Kwea
Member # 2199

Hey sndrake, long time no see!
rivka
Member # 4859

quote:
Originally posted by Kwea:
I voted 10 more times, and it updated, but then when I refreshed to vote again it was on the old number.

They have weird caching. It seems to update for real every hour or so.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

quote:
Hey sndrake, long time no see!
Hi Kwea! [Wave]

I kind of semi-lurk here and on Sake - check in a couple times a week. Pop in with a comment once in awhile.

Saw this and knew I wanted to be part of the effort and I wanted Papa Moose to know. [Smile]

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

cool. I don't bother with Sake any more, haven't for about 2 year, maybe more at this point.

Good to see ya though!

rivka
Member # 4859

Bet we can hit 20,000 by tomorrow. If y'all help!
kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
Only 300 and a bit to go.
Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Family #2 managed to get reported in the news, and obtained a flurry of votes.

We need renewed commitment to maintain the integrity of the Mooses current lead. Take nothing for granted!

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
I've already voted ten times today and I will add to my total tonight before bed!
Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

Count is up to 20,010 right now. Still got a good lead on everyone else. I'm trying to make it a point to get in at least 10 votes per day. I'll try for more over the weekend.
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
sndrake beat me to the punch. Even with a sizable lead, its hard to feel comfortable when other familes suddenly surge forward several thousand votes.

I think what this community has to offer is staying power. We have a group of people who work on computers most of the day and can vote 10 or more times a day with ease. A spot on the local news will garner a flurry of voters we can't match, but how many of those people will come back day after day to keep the total growing?

Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
Too funny! Voted..again. And again.
Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CT
Member # 8342

fresh link
kacard
Administrator
Member # 200

- posted      Profile for kacard   Email kacard         Edit/Delete Post 
OK, I can't seem to figure out when the voting ends? I like deadlines [Smile] And I'm so anxious to see the Moose family win! (back to voting)
Posts: 780 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you all again for your kindness. Even as I take a bit of a hiatus (hey, didn't that show have an internet voting episode, too?), you all still come through with the love.

Kristine, the voting goes through November 15th.

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Voting like mad. You guys should be glad I have a job where I only have one patient at a time, at their house. I will probably vote a couple of hundred more times tomorrow. I voted about 40 the past hour. [Big Grin]

Three cheers for overnight shifts with no TV on, and open WiFi from the neighbors. [Big Grin]

Kwea
Member # 2199

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.