FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Obama releases long form birth certificate (Page 8)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Obama releases long form birth certificate
Dan_Frank
Member # 8488

- posted      Profile for Dan_Frank   Email Dan_Frank         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
“This is not a birther issue, not a consideration of where Mr. Obama was born,” Rappaport said. “Our concern is only if he is a natural born citizen.”
*Facepalm.*

I wonder if any of them realize that the law is pretty ambiguous on whether or not, say, John McCain, is a "natural born citizen."

Seriously. I'm not even close to a fan of Obama, but the ship is sailed. It sailed on election day. He won, and clinging to ridiculous conspiracy theories as some magic bullet that will remove him from office (uh oh, I used a gun metaphor, nobody tell the media[oh wait it's 2012 now I don't think anyone is pretending to care about that anymore anyway]) is just pathetic.

Stupidest. Issue. Ever.

Posts: 3580 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aros
Member # 4873

- posted      Profile for Aros           Edit/Delete Post 
Like the DOD isn't going to run a background check on presidential candidates before they run. . . .

Uh-huh. Are we still waiting for an announcement on Roswell?

Posts: 1204 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
Is this the slow-motion retrospective on our beloved and missed Ron Lambert, voice of the silent majority?

Play the music, reginald, I give you Lambert on Free Speech in America:

quote:
Mucus, I would consider that all the negative, treasonous things Jeremiah Wright said about America were indeed sins in the sight of God. Here is the Bible definition of sin: "Sin is the transgression of the Law." (1 John 3:4) He took God's name in vain--and daring to do it in the pulpit--when he said "God d--n America", violating the third commandment (Ex. 20:7), he spoke lies about America and Americans, thus also violating the ninth commandment: "Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor." (Ex. 20:16)

He also spoke evil and utterly false things against dignitaries, which the Apostle Peter warned against in 2 Peter 2:10.

Anyone who speaks as Jeremiah did, and anyone who agrees with and would defend him, deserve to be stripped of their U.S. citizen and sentenced to permanent exile. They are not worthy of enjoying any of the privileges of being an American. By denouncing America, they have renounced the rights of Americans, because they show they do not appreciate them or deserve them.

::salute::
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
lol
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Parkour
Member # 12078

- posted      Profile for Parkour           Edit/Delete Post 
Why did or do I spend so much time on arguing with people like Ron. I baffle myself.
Posts: 805 | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
You greatly desire lurkerdom but when a thread goes full inane you are rustled as readily as if someone stood in front of the tv and danced badly.
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm dreading/looking forward to what I think is likely: Ron's return to regular posting as November nears, especially should a seriously conservative candidate end up on the ticket. I wonder if the gutless fanatic will have abandoned the birther element entirely, or merely have switched to natural-borner?
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
This is a serious issue. I mean, what if someone was born by C-section -- how could we call that "natural born"? What if a presidential candidate was conceived in-vitro? What if the candidate was conceived in-vitro using anonymous egg and sperm donors?

I mean what if Prince William conspired with the Bush family to have Jenna act as surrogate mother for his and Kates baby in order to make the proper heir to British Monarchy eligible for the US Presidency. This is serious stuff people.

Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scholarette
Member # 11540

- posted      Profile for scholarette           Edit/Delete Post 
Come on Rabbit, Kate could just give birth on US soil. Terrorist Anchor baby!
Posts: 2223 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by scholarette:
Come on Rabbit, Kate could just give birth on US soil. Terrorist Anchor baby!

Good heavens! For about 2 seconds, I thought you meant me! [Eek!]
Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Foust
Member # 3043

- posted      Profile for Foust   Email Foust         Edit/Delete Post 
Next we're going to find out he's not qualified because he's not of woman born!
Posts: 1515 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

quote:
Originally posted by Rakeesh:
I'm dreading/looking forward to what I think is likely: Ron's return to regular posting as November nears, especially should a seriously conservative candidate end up on the ticket. I wonder if the gutless fanatic will have abandoned the birther element entirely, or merely have switched to natural-borner?

Perhaps the doctor is just leaving his breathing tube in so that he doesn't ask painful questions.

(if ron is having actual medical difficulties that make this statement unfunny, nuke from orbit)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.