FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Confirmed: Bin Laden Dead (Page 11)

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11   
Author Topic: Confirmed: Bin Laden Dead
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

- posted      Profile for SenojRetep   Email SenojRetep         Edit/Delete Post 
The most detailed account of the raid on bin Laden's compound to date. I think the investigative work is impressive and the narrative flow of the article is quite good.

A few points that I believe were discussed earlier in the thread that are clarified in the article: the fatally shot unarmed woman was standing next to her husband, who was holding (but not necessarily firing) an AK-47; two of bin Laden's wives were standing between him and the SEALs and one was purposefully shot in the leg when she moved in a threatening way; bin Laden was unarmed throughout and there was never a consideration for possibility of capture (the White House disputes this); it was a CIA rather than military operation (although all the personnel in the strike team were military); it was, at the time, the most recent of a dozen or so cross-border raids conducted without the knowledge of Pakistan, only one of which had been reported in the press (no word on whether more raids have occurred since that time).

Posts: 2926 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.