FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Legend of Korra has a release date (Page 8)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Legend of Korra has a release date
ak
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for ak   Email ak         Edit/Delete Post 
I was surprised that Zuko's scar still wasn't healed when we saw him as a grownup in something or other (some flashback?). Wouldn't Katara have used her super healing powers on him by then? Or was it only that special water from the one pool that made that possible? Couldn't she have fetched more, given enough time? And wouldn't that have been worthwhile to do?
Posts: 2843 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Y
Member # 11590

- posted      Profile for Mr. Y   Email Mr. Y         Edit/Delete Post 
I think by now that he probably views the scar as a kind of badge of honor. It is a constant reminder of him disagreeing with his father. The father that he finally decided had to be stopped.

Or maybe because Mai likes it...

Posts: 1100 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marek
Member # 5404

- posted      Profile for Marek   Email Marek         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Y:
Or maybe because Mai likes it...

This seems the most likely
Posts: 2332 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I just finished reading "The Lost Adventures" comic from The Last Airbender and I'd highly recommend it to anyone. It's a series of tiny short stories, some just a few pages long, but it's great! I can't remember the last time I laughed out loud so much at a book. They absolutely nailed the humor.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tarrsk
Member # 332

- posted      Profile for Tarrsk           Edit/Delete Post 
Seconded - the Lost Adventures comics are fantastic. The tale of "Private Wang Fire" is one of my favorite Avatar stories in any form.
Posts: 1321 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

I read that entire story in Sokka's fake Wang Fire voice. [Smile] I think it was my favorite from the graphic novel.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AchillesHeel
Member # 11736

- posted      Profile for AchillesHeel   Email AchillesHeel         Edit/Delete Post 
Book two has a semi-official but vague release date!

http://avatarthelegendofkorraonline.com/2013/03/28/book-2-of-the-legend-of-korra-to-release-in-the-middle-of-april/

Posts: 2302 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Supposedly we'll hear something more specific really soon. Lots of people think there will be an announcement at Momocon. That really just snuck in out of nowhere. Usually you hear about these things months in advance, not just a couple weeks.

Very much looking forward to this. I'm also looking forward to it being over way too early and then sulking for 15 months waiting for Book 3. [Wink]

C3PO the Dragon Slayer
Member # 10416

- posted      Profile for C3PO the Dragon Slayer           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by AchillesHeel:
Book two has a semi-official but vague release date!

http://avatarthelegendofkorraonline.com/2013/03/28/book-2-of-the-legend-of-korra-to-release-in-the-middle-of-april/

So, um, the middle of April has come and gone, and we're rapidly approaching May. Is this still happening?
Posts: 1029 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AchillesHeel
Member # 11736

- posted      Profile for AchillesHeel   Email AchillesHeel         Edit/Delete Post 
I blame Zuko, he changed sides again.
Posts: 2302 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

New rumors suggest mid to early May as the new release date, but I've yet to see anything official yet.
Jeff C.
Member # 12496

- posted      Profile for Jeff C.           Edit/Delete Post 
If it was going to be within the next months, we'd probably see some promos or something.
Posts: 1324 | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AchillesHeel
Member # 11736

You would think so, but Nickelodeon has dropped the ball before. In fact they vehemently underestimated Legend of Korra despite the track record of the creators.

Nickelodeon needs to learn from the example set by Warner Bros. Animation in regards to Bruce Timm and Paul Dini. Just trust them like the fans trust them, and the fans will buy what you allow them to create.

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.