FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Dogs and Ticks

Author Topic: Dogs and Ticks
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
We are having a problem with ticks on our dogs. We have 2 active dogs, and they run n our back yard. Which is the problem, as we live in an apartment, so our back yard is a hug filed that runs into a small local park.

They have been getting a ton of ticks.... hundreds a week...and we are at a loss now. We use Advantix, which use to work well, but is less effective now. We have used tick bombs, but we are starting to see ticks inside again. We stopped letting them run free, and only bring them out on leashes, but they still get ticks.

My wife is pregnant, so I am worried about using another tick bomb. Does anyone else have any ideas on how to control ticks? I have used a tick dip, shampoos from Hartz.....

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephan
Member # 7549

- posted      Profile for Stephan   Email Stephan         Edit/Delete Post 
My dog has been tick and flea free as long as she never misses her dose of Frontline. I forgot one month, and it got nasty. We took her to Petsmart to get washed by them, and they had a solution that got rid of them all.
Posts: 3134 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

I will have to see what they use, and how much it is.
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
If Advantix isn't working, I'd switch to Frontline. They're formulated differently, IIRC.
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

I think we stopped using it for a while, but I didn't KNOW we had. We ran out, and my wife forgot to tell me. [Big Grin]

They are still bring them inside the home, even if they die after biting the dogs. [Frown]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.