Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Hatrack Groups » Updates to Hatrack Blogs (Page 9)

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Updates to Hatrack Blogs
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post 
Just in case someone was thinking of buying my E-book which goes live today please read my blog post here. I sent in a redone file but it didn't get sent or something.

More info here

Posts: 5289 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

New interview on my blog with one Richard Flores IV.

Some good books there.

R F IV

Posts: 5289 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

Second excerpt from my Indie novel.

A different form of ghosts this time

Above Pay

LDWriter2
Member # 9148

This is the second of two new posts. The first one is very short and I talked about it on another thread. But it's right below this one.

I get to go to a concert finally. More about it on my blog.

Post is here

LDWriter2
Member # 9148

Okay, a post to my Blog. This time it's one Rod's Tale and three short stories placed on my story page.

LDWriter2
Member # 9148

A new post with an amazing count---for me anyway.

I posted it on blog yesterday and waited to place it here because I posted about my black friday sale on another part of the forum. But I also include three rough excerpts from the NaNo novel I am working on.

Anyway I went to it this morning to check the stats. I had 27 or 37 views when I signed off last night. Not so bad for me. So I looked this morning and I thought so three more views overnight. Hey--wait a minute that says 70 not 40. Wow, that is a record for me. Now it's up to 80. Not sure if it's the black friday tag I put on it, the nanowrimo tag or a combination of those two and four others. Niiice, whatever the case. But at the same time. It would be nice if some of those would check out my Rod's Tales page and My Stories page. I think one person has on the second one. I have links to those two pages included in the post.

And even nicer if they bought my E-book if that is the reason they came by, if it was the excerpts a note or two would be nice.

Anyway, here is the Link to my post.

Came back to say that it's amazing. Last night the number was as 99 for a while so I thought it slowed down and I hoped for a couple overnight to take it over 100. But it jumped again, 122.

But that makes me wonder if peopler are actually reading the post since no one seems to be reacting in anyway except for a couple of plusses I assume are from Google+

[ November 25, 2014, 12:50 PM: Message edited by: LDWriter2 ]

LDWriter2
Member # 9148

I forgot some details on my last blog post so here is Part Two
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

Not sure how many are still paying attention to this space or how many are posting here but :

I have a new post dealing with my finishing NaNo--55,700 and some words--and a cyber Monday ad for my "Above My Pay GradeX2" e-novel.

The post explains it all.

My Post

LDWriter2
Member # 9148

Another Blog post. This one is a political or maybe more societal comment about Christmas. Includes a story I wrote just for what the post deals with.

Right on this spot

LDWriter2
Member # 9148

A second Christmas post--the more important one.

Merry Christmas to everyone.

LDWriter2
Member # 9148

I am having a Christmas sale on my E-novel "Above My Pay GradeX2".
It will be $3.99 until Dec 26.

It is Urban Fantasy set in Boulder CO. With "Ghosts", a griffin,a man bent on revenge who knows a weakness that even the twenty-something year old Main Character doesn't know about, and a mysterious bad guy out to kill and destroy for their own purposes.

And on my two story sets. If you buy the novel you can get one story set free details on the blog post. 

The link leads to a blog post that goes into more detail.

More info

LDWriter2
Member # 9148

Amazing on two sides.

This post has 171 views and 16 plusses. For me that is a record--a large one.

But on the other side or the second amazing thing, none of them bought my book. I guess the 16 liked the idea, but not enough to go on to the next step.

LDWriter2
Member # 9148

Evidently I have been busy with my blog

But this one is or a Happy New Year wish .

And a message for '15.

LDWriter2
Member # 9148

Finally got another blog post dealing with my writing--I added half of a Rod Tale and some short-short stories to My Stories page.

Right Here

LDWriter2
Member # 9148

New Blog post with a link to a message about worldviews and us.

Here

LDWriter2
Member # 9148

New blog post. Including-for those here who might be following it-an announcement of a new Rod's Tales, a short writing update and a sale code for the paper version of my "Above My Pay GradeX2"

All Here

LDWriter2
Member # 9148

Been awhile since I updated this thread with my bog posts but since I seem to be the only one doing it, it may not matter but anyway:

I do my last four to catch up a bit.

From Easter Here

One I did for my Followers

One for a message my Pastor did for bridge building in marriages

Finally a post to talk about redoing my Novel
and the next book

LDWriter2
Member # 9148

Okay-got a new blog post and a new E-Book published -Steampunk Special Ops, 58,000 thousand words. Exciting, action packed tale.

More Info

wetwilly
Member # 1818

- posted      Profile for wetwilly   Email wetwilly         Edit/Delete Post 
Dude, your cover looks awesome. Ordered mine. Looks/sounds like a fun book.

[ June 14, 2015, 10:25 AM: Message edited by: wetwilly ]

Posts: 1528 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

Thank you for ordering it.

Sometimes I wonder if the writing will live up to the cover but so far two people like the writing. [Smile]

But the cover was done by Paul Potiki.

http://bookcoverwhisperer.net

Hmm the link name change doesn't seem to be working. I tried three times but I guess it doesn't matter since the link is working.

Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
Not a blog, but I did update my website by adding one more story to the pile.

June 30th is the fortieth anniversary of the beginning of my career as a writer.

Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

My new book is live, still at its sale price. But my first Indie book is on sale too.

My blog explains it all.

Right Here

tesknota
Member # 10041

- posted      Profile for tesknota   Email tesknota         Edit/Delete Post 
It's my first blog post in over a year?!
Well, it feels good to post again.

It's slightly related to writing, at least. =D

Posts: 252 | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

That's good, that you got something out of it.
tesknota
Member # 10041

Thanks, Louis! Writing is cathartic, no matter what it's about.

I scribbled down a few things about by road trip from Houston to Salinas! Read about it here, if you want. =)

Posts: 252 | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tesknota
Member # 10041

I've written a few more posts about my trip, if anyone's interested!

Blogging has reminded me how much I enjoy writing. =)

Read about it here!

LDWriter2
Member # 9148

Man been a long time since anyone posted here

But I have a new blog post dealing with Christmas.

Right Here

LDWriter2
Member # 9148

Long time since I have done a blog post, a lot longer since I have done a writing update.

This is one. It includes more than I have said here at various times even though not quite everything.

LDWriter2
Member # 9148

I have a new post amazingly enough.

This one is the beginning of a Science Fiction short story serial.

Some of you will know of it but not all.

A good chance to see some of my writing and read an exciting tale.

Right Here

LDWriter2
Member # 9148

Forgot to post the next two segments of my short story serial.

It's an exciting tale of two friends in danger from pirates. They are in a small spaceship with two secret cargos, evidently neither of the two sets of pirates received the memo that stated no one knew about either cargo.

I wrote this story at least five years ago before I knew there were rules to writing. So I have had a lot of work getting it in some semblance of correct writing. I should have rewritten it but didn't realize how old it was. It's not my best but still a worthy read I think. Obviously I still am missing something in learning how to write or more likely doing half a dozen things wrong but this story should be a lot easier to read and be enjoyable.

So here is part two

And part three

part four next week

LDWriter2
Member # 9148

A bit late here but a short blog post on why Good Friday is a good thing for Christians.

Here

LDWriter2
Member # 9148

Almost forgot Fourth and last segment of my Short story serial.

What fun. Good action and what did those pirates want??

Right Here

LDWriter2
Member # 9148

New blog post:
First half a tale written years ago to celebrate the 100 birthday of a very special "being".

Revised and finally up for everyone to read.

Teddy Bears

LDWriter2
Member # 9148

Been busy with my blog lately-these thing seem to go in cycles.

This one talks about my new book that is almost ready to publish.

More exciting reading

[ April 04, 2016, 12:29 AM: Message edited by: LDWriter2 ]

LDWriter2
Member # 9148

Part two of my Teddy Bear in Space

Right Here

LDWriter2
Member # 9148

A new serial SF tale. Will be in three or four parts. About a young woman who has to prove herself to herself.

Good story

LDWriter2
Member # 9148

I forgot that I had posted the link to part one here,

so here are the other three parts, if you liked the first one.

Number Two

Number Three

Number Four

LDWriter2
Member # 9148

Hey a new Western in Two parts.

I think, it's a good story.

tale

LDWriter2
Member # 9148

Time for Part two- the final one of War Wound an action packed post Civil War tale.

Western

LDWriter2
Member # 9148

An excerpt of my up coming novel Learning Curve X2

A little long but exciting. [Smile]

Read

LDWriter2
Member # 9148

I have placed two flash Urban Fantasy stories on my blog. The MC is an older gentleman and both are mostly non-violent. I posted them a few days ago so please pardon the first line of my greeting. The greeting explains why I wrote them.

flash

LDWriter2
Member # 9148

Been awhile since I have posted anything here. My blog ha stuff on it if you scroll down.

This one is a set or two stories I first placed on Google+ One was inspired by a picture there.

Stories

LDWriter2
Member # 9148

And another blog post with another two stories-both about libraries yet so different,

Both Right Here

LDWriter2
Member # 9148

Been a long time since I, or anyone else it looks like, have posted here,

But here are two Christmas posts from my blog. A bit late But Merry Christmas to you all.

The first one is an explanation why the words Joy, Peace, Love, Hope are good words for Christmas

And here are two Christmas Tales

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.