Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Hatrack Groups » Updates to Hatrack Blogs (Page 2)

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Updates to Hatrack Blogs
Owasm
Member # 8501

- posted      Profile for Owasm   Email Owasm         Edit/Delete Post 
I've updated my blog http://www.guyantibes.com

If you're not on the blogroll and wish to be, please let me know. I've stopped updating www.owasm.com.

My latest blog is merely an update. I spent some time making the physical appearance of the blog a bit better this weekend. Now I can write more!

Posts: 1608 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smaug
Member # 2807

- posted      Profile for Smaug   Email Smaug         Edit/Delete Post 
I just wrote a couple of posts the other day. One of them is called, Here I am writing blog posts again instead of working on my novel, and the other, found at the same link, but second post down, is titled, We live in a world of two-year-olds.
Posts: 440 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smaug
Member # 2807

quote:

If you're not on the blogroll and wish to be, please let me know.

What's the blogroll? It sounds like something I'd like to be added to, but not knowing what it is, my imagination is running wild.
Posts: 440 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Owasm
Member # 8501

- posted      Profile for Owasm   Email Owasm         Edit/Delete Post 
Smaug,

The blogroll is where a blogger has a bunch of links to other blogs. I think I popped you into mine.

Posts: 1608 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shimiqua
Member # 7760

- posted      Profile for shimiqua   Email shimiqua         Edit/Delete Post 
http://theprosers.blogspot.com/2012/01/im-motherim-writer.html

This one is about being how being a mother affects my writing/how being a writer affects my mothering.
~Sheena

Posts: 1201 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smaug
Member # 2807

quote:
Originally posted by Owasm:
Smaug,

The blogroll is where a blogger has a bunch of links to other blogs. I think I popped you into mine.

Okay. I have one of those, and you're in it. I just didn't realize it was called a blogroll. I just thought of it as my list of blogs I'm following. Blogroll is so much more succinct.
MAP
Member # 8631

- posted      Profile for MAP           Edit/Delete Post 
Romanticizing the Stalker
Posts: 1102 | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post 
Owasm First of all You're Guy Antibes that great writer? Hey, I got your book. Should have recognized your writing, and I still am not sure about who is who around here.

And second you could put me on your blogroll.

I need to see about updating mine.

Posts: 5289 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RoxyL
Member # 9096

- posted      Profile for RoxyL           Edit/Delete Post 
Whoops, forgot to list this post about editing over on the Prosers.

Easy Peasy - Newb!

Posts: 266 | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoredCrow
Member # 5675

- posted      Profile for BoredCrow   Email BoredCrow         Edit/Delete Post 
New post from me: this week, tips for submitting stories, given from my perspective as a slush editor at Flash Fiction Online.
Posts: 554 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

It's been a while but three new posts on three subjects, well three and a half. [Smile]

and an idea for a blog name change.

Posted here

Posts: 5289 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crank
Member # 7354

- posted      Profile for Crank   Email Crank         Edit/Delete Post 
I want to make sure all my fellow Hatrackers who have blogs are represented on my blog. I guess you can consider this my way of paying it forward. Or, paying it sideways. Or something along those lines. If you don't see your blog listed and you wish it to be, let me know.

S!

Posts: 620 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shimiqua
Member # 7760

I don't know if I should keep posting here. You all are reading the Prosers, right?

[Smile]

This post is about what to say to naysayers.

http://theprosers.blogspot.com/2012/01/statistically-speaking.html

Posts: 1201 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MAP
Member # 8631

Keep posting here Sheena, and everyone else. It only takes a minute. [Smile]

Here is my new post. Aiming for Perfection

Posts: 1102 | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
axeminister
Member # 8991

- posted      Profile for axeminister   Email axeminister         Edit/Delete Post 
I agree. Post when you have a new one. That keeps me updated, otherwise I forget to check. =(

Axe

Posts: 1543 | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
redux
Member # 9277

- posted      Profile for redux   Email redux         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's my new post: One Too Many Books About Writing

PS
Loved that post about naysayers. That was one mean teacher!

Posts: 525 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
redux
Member # 9277

*ahem*
http://authornotawriter.blogspot.com/2012/01/lesson-1-first-impressions.html

[Big Grin]

Posts: 525 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
redux
Member # 9277

http://authornotawriter.blogspot.com/2012/01/lesson-2-dont-judge-book-by-its-cover.html

Gosh - I'm turning into that annoying person who just won't shut up, aren't I? [Smile]

Smaug
Member # 2807

Here's my most recent post about my own personal writing demons: http://smaugsmusings.blogspot.com/
Unwritten
Member # 7960

- posted      Profile for Unwritten   Email Unwritten         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's my newest post, about every hatracker's favorite subject: love! [Roll Eyes] http://theprosers.blogspot.com/2012/01/romantic-subplots-part-1.html
Posts: 938 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shimiqua
Member # 7760

http://theprosers.blogspot.com/2012/01/covers-on-cheap.html

About making covers on the cheap.

MAP
Member # 8631

Here is my new one, on characterization

I'm not just talking to the Prosers when I say please post a link to this thread. I've been following a few of you, and I know you have updated your blogs without posting here.

Just wanted you to know I'm watching you. [Smile]

And for those of you that are posting links here, can I just say you're awesome. I'm really enjoying your blogs. Thanks for sharing.

redux
Member # 9277

A brief overview of scenes and sequels:

http://authornotawriter.blogspot.com/2012/01/lesson-3-putting-it-all-together.html

Crank
Member # 7354

- posted      Profile for Crank   Email Crank         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Just wanted you to know I'm watching you.
I knew it wasn't me being paranoid for no reason! [Big Grin]

Here's a Bloggathah entry about upping my daily word count.

S!

Posts: 620 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RoxyL
Member # 9096

- posted      Profile for RoxyL           Edit/Delete Post 
New blog post over at the Prosers:

Disaster Strikes

Posts: 266 | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Merlion-Emrys
Member # 7912

- posted      Profile for Merlion-Emrys   Email Merlion-Emrys         Edit/Delete Post 
I've gotten my blog started again and I'm updating various info.

Updates

Posts: 2626 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

I have finally updated my blog. Three times even.

MYX3

Funny thing is that I received an E-mail saying I have a comment on one of those three but when I got to my blog it isn't listed.

Maybe tomorrow?

Oh and I received two more comments but only the second showed up on my blog. I wonder if the other two sent E-mails not posts.

A quick read on one seems to say that the person wasn't too impressed with my non fiction writing style. Of course at times I'm not either.

[ February 05, 2012, 12:34 PM: Message edited by: LDWriter2 ]

LDWriter2
Member # 9148

Hmm, the third comment sounds like a spam note. Someone wants to help make my blog more attractive. For a price I assume.

Anyone else get a note like that?

LDWriter2
Member # 9148

And another update.

One

shimiqua
Member # 7760

http://theprosers.blogspot.com/2012/02/silencing-your-inner-cheerleader.html

You know the whole inner editor thing...let me introduce you to the real devil on your shoulder, the inner cheerleader.

LDWriter2
Member # 9148

shimiqua I can see that.

Sometimes I may have that problem. [Smile]

MartinV
Member # 5512

- posted      Profile for MartinV   Email MartinV         Edit/Delete Post 
And then you wonder why they're called cheerleaders...
Posts: 1271 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MAP
Member # 8631

My new post on The Prosers, The Loveable Rogue
Merlion-Emrys
Member # 7912

- posted      Profile for Merlion-Emrys   Email Merlion-Emrys         Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone have any idea why its basically impossible for us Wordpress people to comment on the blogs of you Blogspot people?

It's starting to anger me. I'm starting to want to fling Steerpike's monkey at it so the monkey can bit it on its metaphorical neck.

Posts: 2626 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
redux
Member # 9277

Are you using OpenID?
Merlion-Emrys
Member # 7912

I....think so. Is that...bad?

I just use whatever it will let me use to pick Wordpress, or enter my Wordpress identity.

redux
Member # 9277

No, it's not bad. I thought Blogger/Google works better with it. Maybe it's just being a PIA so that you break down and get a gmail account [Smile]
redux
Member # 9277

I looked into this - and it's Blogger's fault. Apparently there's some issues with OpenID and the recent Blogger software update.

So I was wrong. OpenID with Blogger is a bad combination. People recommend using the NAME/URL option instead.

Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
Whenever I try to comment on a blog, whether I've been successful in the past or not, I try to remember to copy my complete comment (ctrl-A then ctrl-C) so that if it doesn't work, I haven't lost all that wonderfully wise and witty stuff I typed in for my comment.

I can then try all of the options, until I find one that works.

And if none of them work, then I throw up my hands and go read someone else's blog.

Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

Hmm, wonder if anyone has had problems commenting on mine.

Maybe that why two of the last three comments came just as E-mail but never showed up on the blog.

Unwritten
Member # 7960

Kathleen, I've learned to do that when I post here too. I'd hate for people to miss out on my fleeting genius. [Roll Eyes]

Another post about romantic subplots, right in time for Valentine's Day:

http://theprosers.blogspot.com/2012/02/romantic-subplots-part-3-equal-and.html

Posts: 938 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MartinV
Member # 5512

- posted      Profile for MartinV   Email MartinV         Edit/Delete Post 
Update on my own: http://martinvavpotic.wordpress.com/
Posts: 1271 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Merlion-Emrys
Member # 7912

I have made a lovely new post.
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't always post my updates here, but there's a snippet of SEVEN STARS for Valentine's Day here.
Posts: 4633 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shimiqua
Member # 7760

Here's a post on becoming a writing warrior.

http://theprosers.blogspot.com/2012/02/sun-tzus-art-of-war.html

MAP
Member # 8631

My new post on The Prosers. Love, Hate, and Publishing
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

Updated mine and even made a comment on a comment I received.

It's been a while and I wrote on the reason for that, if there is anyone who doesn't know here and I gave a short update on my writing.

UpDateS

Smaug
Member # 2807

You can read my latest entry--my take on the Tea Party and the role of government. Why I support the Tea Party and why you should too

Yep. That's my writing for the day. [Smile]

Unwritten
Member # 7960

My fourth rule of writing romance, written in a refreshingly scientific voice. [Smile]

http://theprosers.blogspot.com/2012/02/romantic-subplots-part-4.html

MAP
Member # 8631

My new post on The Prosers, This Means War: The love triangle done right
  This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.