Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Hatrack Groups » Updates to Hatrack Blogs (Page 5)

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Updates to Hatrack Blogs
MAP
Member # 8631

- posted      Profile for MAP           Edit/Delete Post 
New Post Why the Movie Tangled is the Perfect Romance
Posts: 1102 | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MAP
Member # 8631

Okay, a whole week and no one else has posted. I refuse to let this thread die. I know some of you blogged last week. I follow you. It only takes a minute to post a link here.

Here is my latest. I Do Not Mean to Offend

Posts: 1102 | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MartinV
Member # 5512

- posted      Profile for MartinV   Email MartinV         Edit/Delete Post 
Been busy but I might post a new blog post soon.
Posts: 1271 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crank
Member # 7354

- posted      Profile for Crank   Email Crank         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a bit behind on everything right now. Those in the mid Atlantic US might know about the Derecho that clobbered us late night on June 30. My area didn't get its power back until after 5pm on July 4, so I've been playing catch-up ever since. I've got plenty of paper notebooks, and I actually remember how to use a pen [Big Grin] , so I very much wrote during this time...just not anything in cyberspace. The transcriptions are in progress.

S!

Posts: 620 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mrmeadors
Member # 6378

- posted      Profile for mrmeadors   Email mrmeadors         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey guys. If I can figure out how to post a link here I will happily update with my blog posts. Here is the address of my latest post, at any rate.

http://melaniermeadors.blogspot.com/2012/07/fitting-pieces-together.html

Edited to test: Fitting the pieces together

Posts: 223 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MartinV
Member # 5512

(url=hyperlink)text that turns into a hyperlink(/url).

Now replace () with [].

Posts: 1271 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MartinV
Member # 5512

My new post about the joys and pains of writing.
MAP
Member # 8631

Yeah, more entries. Thanks for the great reads mrmeadors and MartinV.

Here's my latest, Lost Parents

LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post 
mr you can also have the forum do the work.

If you haven't already click on the full reply form button.

Posts: 5289 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

I'm not sure how many I've done since my last post here but I know there's at least two and could be five.

The latest one is a update on me and our cat.

http://musingsofle.blogspot.com

Posts: 5289 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crank
Member # 7354

Here's what happened to me a few weeks ago: Derecho

I have some follow-up posts to make. Eventually, I'll actually type them up.

S!

Posts: 620 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

Hey a new update so soon [Smile]

Here's a different one for me

Dream

I may have another new one soon if I allow myself to get to it.

MAP
Member # 8631

My new post, The Classics
MartinV
Member # 5512

A thought that came to me while sitting with a pen and notebook in my hand...
MAP
Member # 8631

Nice post Martin. [Smile]

Here is my latest. Randomness

MartinV
Member # 5512

Thanks. Yours too.
MAP
Member # 8631

Here's my latest. Why "The Rules" are Important
MartinV
Member # 5512

Coincidentally (if you believe it [Wink] ), my latest blog post is also about rules of writing.
MAP
Member # 8631

I believe it. [Smile]

My latest post. The Dark Knight-How to End a Series

MartinV
Member # 5512

Damn! I have a blog post about the third Batman movie almost finished.
MAP
Member # 8631

LOL, Martin. Can't wait to read your take on it. [Smile]
MartinV
Member # 5512

Well, mine will probably have more spoilers than yours. [Wink]
Osiris
Member # 9196

- posted      Profile for Osiris   Email Osiris         Edit/Delete Post 
A couple of posts on my blog this week, one introducing the best excuse in the world to not blog for several months, and another showing the cover art that was released for the anthology my story "Two Zombies Walk Into A Bar" will be appearing in.
Posts: 1043 | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Owasm
Member # 8501

- posted      Profile for Owasm   Email Owasm         Edit/Delete Post 
After three months of shame (no posts), I updated with a status page of a new series and a couple of posts, including a description of the technique I did to write a 260,000 word trilogy in four months (including a rewrite pass).

If you click on the Shattuk Downs Novels link at the top, you'll see the cover art and blurbs I did for the series.

My Guy Antibes author blog

Posts: 1608 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

Boy, it;s been way too long since I have been here.

Eight posts posted since I was last here.

So whoever might be interested

It starts with:

My Reading

Goes through:

RIP

and:

Update-thousand rejects

And:

Letters to the editor

That's it for now but there are more, one on John Levitt and a Mars Video link, an update PS on Alchemy ideas.

I came back to say that I forgot to add that there's no Batman crits...or any for any other movie. But there will be one for a book soon...no Batman.... [Wink]

[ August 22, 2012, 01:09 AM: Message edited by: LDWriter2 ]

MartinV
Member # 5512

Finally, the Batman review.
MAP
Member # 8631

Awesome! Lots of posts to read this week. I guess everyone is done slacking off for the summer. [Smile]

Here's mine Getting the Motives on the Page

Osiris
Member # 9196

New post: Stupefied Again
Posts: 1043 | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MAP
Member # 8631

Inspired by Sheena's post yesterday, here's my latest,Actors and Characters
Crank
Member # 7354

For purely marketing reasons, I've finally gotten around to registering my namesake domain and redirecting it to my existing page...

stevehusk.com

As for how far behind I am at posting blog entries...

...hey! I just registered my namesake domain!

S!

MAP
Member # 8631

My latest, Self-publishing and self-promotion.
axeminister
Member # 8991

- posted      Profile for axeminister   Email axeminister         Edit/Delete Post 
Brief blog regarding the word TOOK and how to TAKE it out of your MS.

http://dustinadams.wordpress.com/

Axe

Posts: 1543 | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Osiris
Member # 9196

My latest over at Scientific American:

Anti-Obesity Is Not the New Homophobia

Also on my blog:

Remembering 9/11

[ September 11, 2012, 01:41 PM: Message edited by: Osiris ]

LDWriter2
Member # 9148

First of all I thought about putting up my little 9/11 story. Kinda of fantasy dealing with what happened and our response. I need to update it though but first I have to find it. I may have posted it last year.

Anyway I have posted these:

100th anniversary

Goals This one is outdated now.

Two stories

Blue Of Home Some of you probably have read this story by now.

and lastly

Current Update

Still would like a few more followers even though I seem to have more readers lately. They are quicker anyway. [Smile]

MAP
Member # 8631

I love seeing new entries. Thanks for posting links here guys.

My new post The Key to Writing a Wildly Popular Novel

MartinV
Member # 5512

Good one, MaryAnn. There are definitely some common motiffs that successful stories share. The problem I see is that a successful idea gets picked up and over-used until it turns into a cliche. Then it gets dropped like a used up toy.
MAP
Member # 8631

Very true Martin. Thus all the Twilight and Harry Potter clones. I think the trick is to make the story different enough that it feels fresh even though it has a lot of those classic elements of those popular stories that have come before.

Anyway, that isn't how I write. I'm not chasing the market. I just write what I want to write. [Smile]

Owasm
Member # 8501

I just published an actual printed book using CreateSpace. Here is how I did it.

http://www.guyantibes.com/2012/09/15/getting-an-e-book-in-print/

I'm not only a writer now, but a publisher!

[ September 15, 2012, 05:08 PM: Message edited by: Owasm ]

Posts: 1608 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MartinV
Member # 5512

Great news, Owasm!

PS: Umm, while I clicked that link you provided, my AVG reported a threat on your page. It's called JavaScript Obfuscation (?)

Owasm
Member # 8501

I have no idea what that is. It's a WordPress blog and I have no idea how I could have obfuscated any javascript. Nothing on it comes from an outside source... I did mess with the picture-thing in the upper right hand corner that rotates through my book covers, but I didn't touch the script.

A conundrum.

EmilyS
Member # 9447

- posted      Profile for EmilyS   Email EmilyS         Edit/Delete Post 
I posted today on my brand-new blog(!) about how we identify ourselves.
Posts: 125 | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MJNL
Member # 9686

- posted      Profile for MJNL           Edit/Delete Post 
Where loglines typically don't belong: http://lostetter.wordpress.com/2012/09/19/of-profiles-and-pitches/
Posts: 66 | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MAP
Member # 8631

Oops, I missed a week. Sorry, planning my daughter's birthday party took up all my time.

Here is last week's, Why I can't seem to find time to write

And here is this week's, The Importance of Character Descriptions. Yes it was inspired by a thread on hatrack. [Smile]

EmilyS
Member # 9447

My blog post this week: how do you know when to write a prologue?
Posts: 125 | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MartinV
Member # 5512

Sorry I haven't made any new blog posts this month. Been busy planning my relocation to UK.
Crank
Member # 7354

I finally have the new version of my blog site, Bloggathah, up and running!

I'm still tweaking it to my liking, but I'm getting there. For those who have the old 46thcyber.com links posted on their blogs, I've set that URL to redirect to this site, to save you the maintenance effort.

S!

MartinV
Member # 5512

Looks good, Crank.
MAP
Member # 8631

My latest post.

Some Things to consider when designing your cover

[ October 03, 2012, 01:49 AM: Message edited by: MAP ]

EmilyS
Member # 9447

This week's post, for fellow bookaholics: Finding your next good read
AWSullivan
Member # 8059

- posted      Profile for AWSullivan   Email AWSullivan         Edit/Delete Post 
I reset my old blog to a more writerly feel.

You can find it here.

Posts: 374 | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.