Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Fragments and Feedback for Short Works » Space Dog

Author Topic: Space Dog
Shane
Member # 8035

- posted      Profile for Shane           Edit/Delete Post 
I really have no where to go with this story but I got the idea from watching someone drop a half burnt cigar into a trash bin. I liked the image so I decided to put it on paper. Where and how this story would evolve is as much of a mystery to myself as it is to you. I just want to know if it interest anyone and if i should continue with it.

Forgive me. he thought. Grant's A.F. shuttle slowly descended towards the bulbous mass that had given humanity so much false hope. In his head it screamed and clawed at his mind. The dull gun metal tip of his ship began glowing hot red as it passed into the creatures atmosphere.A burning cigar dropping into a pile of trash.Terrible images of all of thought who would die for his actions flashed through his mind. His friends. His son. Himself. In his last moments of life, he looked back at how this thing had destroyed what it meant to be human.

Posts: 6 | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Merlion-Emrys
Member # 7912

- posted      Profile for Merlion-Emrys   Email Merlion-Emrys         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Forgive me. he thought. Grant's A.F. shuttle slowly descended towards the bulbous mass that had given humanity so much false hope. In his head it screamed and clawed at his mind

Perhaps make it a little clearer here that the thing is a creature.

quote:
A burning cigar dropping into a pile of trash.

I would couch this in the main characters actual thoughts rather than just sticking it in there.

quote:
Terrible images of all of thought who would die for his actions

All of those?

I find it interesting, especially the fact that there is apparently a planet or moon sized, apparently telepathic being involved.

Posts: 2626 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annepin
Member # 5952

- posted      Profile for annepin   Email annepin         Edit/Delete Post 
My advice: If it caught you enough to want to write the story, whatever it is, write about it first, and then post it.

Don't rely on other people's interest!

Posts: 2185 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.