Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Open Discussions About Writing » Same Old Same New (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Same Old Same New
mikemunsil
Member # 2109

- posted      Profile for mikemunsil   Email mikemunsil         Edit/Delete Post 
Wednesday morning please, 'cause at midnight tomorrow my finger will be hitting the 'enter' key as I finish my revision.
Posts: 2710 | Registered: Jul 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
mikemunsil
Member # 2109

- posted      Profile for mikemunsil   Email mikemunsil         Edit/Delete Post 
No one has written a '3 Billy Goats Gruff' story yet, about the trials and tribulations of an email as it attempts to get past my spamblocker.
Robyn_Hood
Member # 2083

- posted      Profile for Robyn_Hood   Email Robyn_Hood         Edit/Delete Post 
LOL! I've actually had few different ideas about how to do the re-write but only completed the one. I thought about writing outlines, but the one story was really naughty so I decided to leave well enough alone .

I'm definitely looking forward to the discussion. This is almost like Christmas!

Posts: 1473 | Registered: Jul 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
Keeley
Member # 2088

- posted      Profile for Keeley   Email Keeley         Edit/Delete Post 
AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGH!!!

No, no, it can't be time already! I haven't finished my revision yet. I was working so hard on my other stuff and celebrating my first rejection with a handwritten note and - NO!

*curls up into a fetal position and sucks her thumb*

Seriously, though. I don't have much to change, just the beginning. I can have it done tomorrow and available tomorrow evening.

Edit: It looks like I can have it up on Hatrack early this afternoon. I know, I know, it's not enough time for everyone to read. It's the principle of the thing.

[This message has been edited by Keeley (edited August 31, 2004).]

Posts: 836 | Registered: Jul 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
punahougirl84
Member # 1731

- posted      Profile for punahougirl84   Email punahougirl84         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh dear, I should have been keeping up on this thread, and not just the one on F&F (yes, we were told, I messed up!).

- When living in Hawaii, a lovely girl from Australia intro'd me to thousand island dressing on fries. I preferred Ranch, and loved it. I had sailing class every week (from age 8-18) and we had a lunch break. When the orders came out, I always requested some ranch dressing to go with my fries. My friends tried it, and pretty soon the servers were bringing a bowl of dressing every time without us asking. TWENTY-FIVE years later, I returned, and was at the club during the sailing class lunch break. Their lunches came out, complete with a bowl of Ranch dressing! The kids don't even know why - it's a tradition. Guess I've done my bit for obesity in America...

- Ok, now to the real stuff. AUGH! I'm guessing we were SUPPOSED to offer critiques after reading each other's work? I wasn't sure, so perhaps I shortchanged some people who didn't specifically ask for comments (for those who did, I provided them). So I apologize in advance, and will happily do so even at this late date... I'll recheck my e-mail to see who I owe

Any reason we can't keep revising past the deadline? Are we supposed to submit completed stories somewhere, or are we just discussing what we did?

I am significantly sleep-deprived - thanks for putting up with me!

Posts: 465 | Registered: Aug 2003  | Report this post to a Moderator
Robyn_Hood
Member # 2083

- posted      Profile for Robyn_Hood   Email Robyn_Hood         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't worry! I know that some people wanted crits done and others didn't ask. Personally, I just did this as a writing exercise and wasn't looking for crits, I figured I could wait to hear people's opinions until the end of the month. Based on some of the feedback I have gotten, I may edit it a bit try submitting to a few markets. I'll decide after we get some discussion going.

Tomorrow!!!!! Dakota's going to set up a discussion thread so we can talk about the different angles we used, inspirations, the variety of interpretation, etc.

quote:
♫Tomorrow, tomorrow. ♪I love ya, tomorrow.♪ You're only a day away!♫♪

[This message has been edited by Robyn_Hood (edited August 31, 2004).]

Posts: 1473 | Registered: Jul 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
Keeley
Member # 2088

- posted      Profile for Keeley   Email Keeley         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
No one has written a '3 Billy Goats Gruff' story yet, about the trials and tribulations of an email as it attempts to get past my spamblocker.

I was going to ask you about that, mikemunsil. Should I have clicked the link I was sent to get added to your list of trustworthies?

Posts: 836 | Registered: Jul 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
mikemunsil
Member # 2109

Me and my spamblocker. sigh...

I will always see the email anyway because I routinely check the "suspects" list, but clicking that link just makes it a LOT easier.

You're in good company, however. Various authors I do research for have also had to "click the link", to get through.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.