FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Reviewer comments unlikely to be used on book jackets (Page 2)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Reviewer comments unlikely to be used on book jackets
Jonathan K.
Member # 7720

- posted      Profile for Jonathan K.   Email Jonathan K.         Edit/Delete Post 
The enemy's gate is DOWN. (You know i never fully understood the significance of that quote.)
Posts: 220 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Danny
Member # 7404

- posted      Profile for Danny   Email Danny         Edit/Delete Post 
- Guaranteed to be banned in public schools across America.
- I wrote this.
- Help! I'm stuck in a book-cover factory!
- MUFFIN LIKE BOOK; MAKE MUFFIN HAPPY!

[ April 05, 2005, 11:44 AM: Message edited by: Danny ]

Posts: 9 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meshugener
Member # 7601

- posted      Profile for Meshugener   Email Meshugener         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The enemy's gate is DOWN. (You know i never fully understood the significance of that quote.)
you'll find the significance of this in this pocket watch...follow it with your eyes...youre getting sleepy...your eyelids are getting heavy....
Posts: 93 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0range7Penguin
Member # 7337

- posted      Profile for 0range7Penguin           Edit/Delete Post 
WARNING: This book is known to induce commas in 73% of readers. (The other 27% died instantly)
Posts: 832 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0range7Penguin
Member # 7337

The enemies gate is down is a great quote. Its great for playing Red alert becuase theirs missions where their is like two hundred baddies but you win if you destroy a specific building. So remember the enemies gate is down! Just make fifteen of the fastest tanks and go for the goal. Who cares if when your done you only have one tank left, you won!
Posts: 832 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

- posted      Profile for Zalmoxis           Edit/Delete Post 
As gripping a read as the tax code.

A rollercoaster ride of a novel -- without the fun and all the nausea.

This novel reminds me of that one time we went to my Uncle Dave's house and we had to sit for three hours in his living room, which smelled like stale beer and wet dog, while he told us all about his thrilling career as an MP at a Naval Air Station in Nevada.

Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan K.
Member # 7720

- posted      Profile for Jonathan K.   Email Jonathan K.         Edit/Delete Post 
fun times, fun times.
Posts: 220 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0range7Penguin
Member # 7337

A must have for any Nazi book burning
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

Personally I think that inducing commas in people is much more humane than inducing semi-colons.
Posts: 3423 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan K.
Member # 7720

I've never seen a better editing job.
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
This book reminds me of the time I took the ferry to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe, so, I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on ‘em. ‘Give me five bees for a quarter,’ you’d say.
Now where were we? Oh yeah - the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn’t have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...
-Grandpa Simpson

I laughed until my eyes bled!

More fun than exploratory colon surgery!

Hecho en Mexico.

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
The Author shows grammer to impeccibly use with.

If you only read one book by someone other than Stephen King this year, this is the one!

Card weaves a tale about that wacky bunch from battle school, up to their old tricks again.

Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
"Just put generic review number three in here, Kate, and put an exclamation point at the end of it, he paid five bucks extra."
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Quite tasty.

*munch*

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Sure to be read by generations of mayflies to come.

The hottest thing since borscht.

So good, I only fell asleep five times while reading it!

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
Ranked #1 by college athletes.
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post 
If, God forbid, God read this book, he would WISH he were dead.
Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
"A great way to punish unruly children!"

"More fun than real life!"

"Now with less pronouns!"

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

Reading this book is like wading through a pool of butterscotch while wearing a corduroy jumpsuit.

A triumph of jaw-dropping mediocrity!

This is the second best book about a hazel-eyed, red-haired, hot-tempered, agnostic, Libertarian, dairy farmer of medium build ever written.

Sure to be a bestseller!*

*(in some small town bookstore where the only other choice of newish reading material is Consumers Report's Best Buys for 1983).

CRash
Member # 7754

- posted      Profile for CRash   Email CRash         Edit/Delete Post 
"The must-read bedtime novel of the decade. You'll go straight to sleep every time you pick it up."

"The author's ability to pepper his novel with obscure vocabulary will leave you screaming for something to drink."

"This novel made me laugh like never before. Odd, considering it was supposed to actually mean something."

An alteration of praise for Shadow of the Hegemon :
"As are all Card's books, this one is strangely strange."

Posts: 973 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
All your brains are belong to us!

A book you can actually admit that you like!

Now with never before read action sequences (added by the editor)!

Don't even bother opening this book!

The most beautiful blue cover, it looks wonderful next to my Harry Potter series.

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkKnight
Member # 7536

- posted      Profile for DarkKnight   Email DarkKnight         Edit/Delete Post 
A great book to hollow out and store valuables in
Posts: 1918 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zalmoxis
Member # 2327

DK:

That's hilarious. Good one.

jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
"An excellent book to let your soon-to-be ex have in your divorce settlement."

"Eight hundred and thirty seven pages of epic drivel."

Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CRash
Member # 7754

"Will keep you entertained for hours...throwing up after reading it!"

"What does this author do with his spare time? Now we know! He plays with his keyboard all day!"

"Leaves readers anxiously waiting for the next installment so they can finish feeding the fire!"

Posts: 973 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frangy.
Member # 6794

- posted      Profile for Frangy.   Email Frangy.         Edit/Delete Post 
I had to read the books 4 times to understand it a bit

We don't know in that language was written

And never Orson Scott Card (it is a joke , is enough to see his name in that for I buy it)

Posts: 111 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
estavares
Member # 7170

- posted      Profile for estavares   Email estavares         Edit/Delete Post 
"Now with 25% more fiber!"

"I laughed. I cried. I kissed six bucks goodbye."

"Voted Most Winning Smile among its fellow Fall releases."

Posts: 325 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CRash
Member # 7754

"The novels of this series are an intriguing combination of two parts snores, one part despair, and three exciting waves of nausea."

"The fast-paced action features one eyebrow-raising episode after another."

Jonathan K.
Member # 7720

It's like a party in you're mouth and You're not invited!
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

Curling this book twenty times a day will result in beach-ready biceps!

I haven't laughed this hard since I saw Taxi!

My cat pees on this book almost exclusively!

sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
"Best Doorstop I ever had!"

"More fun than a barrel of air"

"I cannot say enough good things about this book"

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

This is the greatest literary achievement since Mein Kampf

It will make you long for your days as an inveterate mouthbreather.

B-HAX
Member # 6640

- posted      Profile for B-HAX   Email B-HAX         Edit/Delete Post 
"Study shows, reading Orson Scott Card makes you attractive to the opposite sex"

...or same sex...lol, just had to throw that in to reference the recent hatrack gay debates.

Posts: 70 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post 
This book is even better than dressing up in women's clothing and singing Streisand songs.

This book will make you feel as creepy as finding out that a pervert snuck into your room every night during your senior year in high school and watched you sleep.

This book does for sex what Upton Sinclair's "The Jungle" did for meat.

Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
This book's plot had me tearing my hair out! Big clumps of it, all over my head!
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
New Edition! 20% less "be" verbs than before!
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
So grand a journey your legs will be tired!
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
Now with paragraphs!
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

The best thing to happen to literature since semicolons!

Almost as heavy as the phone book!

This book will make you rich...in the post apocalyptic world where paper is the new currency!

Characterization so good, it's 4 dimensional!

No sentences longer than 11 words!

CRash
Member # 7754

"It's a book you can't put down! You'll scream! You'll cry! You'll look for something to pry the flypaper pages from your hand!"

"So good I traded it to Billy Joe for two beans, some whiskey, and a cow pie."

"An ideal substitute for ipecac!"

Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Move over Tolstoy, there's a new author whose books will collect dust on every intellectual's bookshelf.

It makes Tom Jones look like a Vegas act.

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Guaranteed to be the newest-looking book in the house!
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grisha
Member # 6871

- posted      Profile for Grisha   Email Grisha         Edit/Delete Post 
If Shakespear had written this, we wouldn't still be studying his work today.

Better than the Illiad and Odyssey combined, I judged solely by number of words.

Sure to be the subject of many failing book reports.

It's the fith best book about termites I've ever, and is still the only book I've ever read about termites.

Full of names that are longer than Schwarzenegger.

Proof that not all words have to have vowels.

Posts: 376 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
The heir apparent to Jim Theis' 'The Eye of Argon.'
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haloed Silhouette
Member # 8062

- posted      Profile for Haloed Silhouette   Email Haloed Silhouette         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Proof that not all words have to have vowels.
That's Czech! Anyway...

"The best book in its series since the predecessor!"

"A great source of employment for your shredding machine."

Posts: 358 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged
Member # 7476

- posted      Profile for Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged   Email Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged         Edit/Delete Post 
"If you have sleep problems then this is the book for you!"
Posts: 796 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dread Pendragon
Member # 7239

- posted      Profile for Dread Pendragon   Email Dread Pendragon         Edit/Delete Post 
"Since you get to fill in all the adjectives Mad-Libs-style, it's like the novel you never wrote."
Posts: 159 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lacerta
Member # 8007

- posted      Profile for Lacerta   Email Lacerta         Edit/Delete Post 
" The most improbable book of all time!"
" I dont remeber waht it was about, but I know it is good."
" This book most likely to attract you towards the same sex."
" Insomniacs will finally find some sleep."

Posts: 29 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

"One thumb up!"
Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged
Member # 7476

- posted      Profile for Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged   Email Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged         Edit/Delete Post 
"If you loved reading the dictionary, you'll love this book."
Posts: 796 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.