FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Reviewer comments unlikely to be used on book jackets (Page 5)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Reviewer comments unlikely to be used on book jackets
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
"You'll laugh. You'll cry. And then you'll blow your nose on the pages!"

"Very sharp edges. I give it two bloody thumbs up!"

"If you're looking for a thick book to walk around with so that people will think you're smart, this is the book for you!"

"I fuond no typus waht soeva!"

Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamson
Member # 7808

- posted      Profile for Hamson   Email Hamson         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
It's the new 100% palindrome edition!
I would so buy that... It would be insane.
Posts: 879 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CRash
Member # 7754

- posted      Profile for CRash   Email CRash         Edit/Delete Post 
"A real page-turner...after the first chapter I couldn't stop looking for something interesting!"

"Finally, a book written just for dyslexics!"

Posts: 973 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exploding Monkey
Member # 7612

- posted      Profile for Exploding Monkey   Email Exploding Monkey         Edit/Delete Post 
"You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll kiss twenty-five bucks goodbye."

"Endorsed by the League of Ineffective Literature."

"Try gargling with broken glass...you be much more entertained, and in much less pain."

"Pages made of cocaine for smuggling purposes. Please deliver in care of Tony Montana at 196 Bel..."

Posts: 339 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
S.M.I.L.E.
Member # 8152

- posted      Profile for S.M.I.L.E.   Email S.M.I.L.E.         Edit/Delete Post 
"If you manage to finish the book you can write the review."

"This book is not intended for women who may be pregnant or are nursing. Please consult with a doctor before reading this book. Side effects may include- headache, nausea..."

"Its the best book I've ever read!" Mom

"This book has not been stripped, if the cover of this book is missing, its because its hiding from the story."

Posts: 9 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Von
Member # 1146

- posted      Profile for Von   Email Von         Edit/Delete Post 
"The other day I found a booger sticking between pages 78 and 79. I can only conclude that my seven year old is enjoying it as much as I am."
Posts: 72 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haloed Silhouette
Member # 8062

- posted      Profile for Haloed Silhouette   Email Haloed Silhouette         Edit/Delete Post 
"The only book written so well that it makes you believe that taking over the Chinese Empire with a pen is actually possible" (Inspired by chapter 1 of SotG).
Posts: 358 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
"Certain to be a breeding ground for silverfish."

"Brings to mind Bradbury's Farenheit 451. For all the wrong reasons."

"An eloquent look into the minds of the young and a statement about man's inhumanity to... Oh, dear God. I'm a book reviewer. Is this all a M.A. in English Lit comes down to? Is it?!"

"If you only read one book this year... Read this one, too."

"The author lives at 221 Southwest Main Street, Madison, Wisconsin. Do what must be done."

"A Barnes & Noble Rapid Markdown Selection."

"For this, you paid $25? What's the matter with you?"

Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mallaien
Member # 8170

- posted      Profile for Mallaien   Email Mallaien         Edit/Delete Post 
"The novels of Orson Scott Card create a intriguing combination of gastronomical themes it warrents its own brand of medication" -Proctology Today
Posts: 4 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
"Remember ... this book is printed on 100% recyclable paper."
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AMCSteel
Member # 6321

- posted      Profile for AMCSteel   Email AMCSteel         Edit/Delete Post 
"Much Better then His last Abortion of Literature."
Posts: 37 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AMCSteel
Member # 6321

"The Writers grasp of the English Language exceeds even our Current President."
Posts: 37 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AMCSteel
Member # 6321

quote:
Originally posted by LTC DuBois:
Can't remember where I heard this one.

"Once I picked this book up I couldn't set it down. I had to hurl it across the room."

I have actually Hurled some of my FAVORITE books across the room. I was that ingrossed in the charecters.
AMCSteel
Member # 6321

"This is the First Complilation of Spam E-mail Every Created. Quite Riviting*"

*for those looking for Male enhancement drugs for cheap.

AMCSteel
Member # 6321

"Don't let the tree die in Vain."
AMCSteel
Member # 6321

"We have not seen a book of such literary brilliance since 'Dick and Jane'."
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post 
Better than the magazines in the doctor's waiting room - take this book along next time you have an appointment.
Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AMCSteel
Member # 6321

More fun then a Root Canal
TL
Member # 8124

- posted      Profile for TL   Email TL         Edit/Delete Post 
"The best novel to be released by this publishing company since the last one!"
Posts: 2267 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
R. Ann Dryden
Member # 8186

- posted      Profile for R. Ann Dryden   Email R. Ann Dryden         Edit/Delete Post 
Reads like a McGonagall poem!
Is on a par with a Florence Foster Jenkins concert!
Ed Wood is interested in directing the movie version!

Posts: 180 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alluvion
Member # 7462

- posted      Profile for alluvion   Email alluvion         Edit/Delete Post 
You're only reading this because the cover was such a downer.
Posts: 551 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DavidGill
Member # 8166

- posted      Profile for DavidGill   Email DavidGill         Edit/Delete Post 
"He could do worse, I guess."

"Reading this book is like kissing your sister!"

"Feh."

"Remember to keep your receipt."

"That adage about the chimp and the typewriter? This novel is proof it works!"

"Makes a nice parting gift."

Posts: 80 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr_Megalomaniac
Member # 7695

- posted      Profile for Mr_Megalomaniac   Email Mr_Megalomaniac         Edit/Delete Post 
"Make sure to bring it with you to the bathroom, and no, not for reading."

"Run away!"

"A book so bad not even Hollywood will be able to make it worse."

"This comment wrote literate more over book on, yes."

Posts: 142 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TL
Member # 8124

"Better than 'Go Now' by Richard Hell!"

"Takes the basic concepts of 'Saving Private Ryan' and turns them into a hilarious, farcical romp!"

"Almost as well-written as my ten year old's diary!"

Posts: 2267 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TL
Member # 8124

"I loved it! Very well-written!" -- Harry Knowles.

"A terrific novel about the virtues of non-violent protest!" -- Charles Manson.

"Perfectly illustrates the argument for abstinence! Young people will love it!" -- Paris Hilton.

Haloed Silhouette
Member # 8062

- posted      Profile for Haloed Silhouette   Email Haloed Silhouette         Edit/Delete Post 
Did you hear about the experiment of 'how does reading work' where there were many spelling mistakes in the middle of words and they testd how fast you could read and how much you noticed? This is the implmentation!

Even the priests' swearing is in correct grammar - unlike colloquial books!

Posts: 358 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
Will look lovely on your shelves, and looks like it would be easy to dust.

Perfect for filibuster sessions!

Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DavidGill
Member # 8166

- posted      Profile for DavidGill   Email DavidGill         Edit/Delete Post 
"The perfect read for insomniacs!"
Posts: 80 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Soara
Member # 6729

- posted      Profile for Soara   Email Soara         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, I could put this book down.
Posts: 464 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged
Member # 7476

- posted      Profile for Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged   Email Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged         Edit/Delete Post 
"If you were looking for a reason to hate reading, this is your book!"
Posts: 796 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AMCSteel
Member # 6321

The High quality paper bound in this book is without a doubt one of this books greatest virtues.
Judas
Member # 7355

- posted      Profile for Judas   Email Judas         Edit/Delete Post 
"Book Funny!"

-Judas

(yes, it's been forever since my last post and this is what I came back to write..)

Posts: 132 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
"The perfect addition to a bon fire"
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haloed Silhouette
Member # 8062

In regards to the previous post:

"Now on a special sale! Pay $99.99 extra and get a bottle of oil FREE!"

Dread Pendragon
Member # 7239

- posted      Profile for Dread Pendragon   Email Dread Pendragon         Edit/Delete Post 
"You want the truth? You can't handle the truth!"
Posts: 159 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dread Pendragon
Member # 7239

- posted      Profile for Dread Pendragon   Email Dread Pendragon         Edit/Delete Post 
"If you don't like it, you can always use it to torture detainees."

HELP for the reader whose read everything. I'VE read a lot of books, but never BEEN so engaged in a plot. It KIDNAPPED my imagination.

Am I dead? Is this hell?

Posts: 159 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haloed Silhouette
Member # 8062

ONLY $9.95 after a $1,690.05 MAIL IN REBATE!
Randy
Member # 8181

- posted      Profile for Randy   Email Randy         Edit/Delete Post 
Searching for a low-stress way to end a relationship? Give 'em this book (for best results, underline and bookmark the second paragraph on page 17)!
Posts: 21 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dink
Member # 1185

- posted      Profile for Dink   Email Dink         Edit/Delete Post 
"Well, it's not Shakespeare..."
Posts: 62 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
"I know romance novels are supposed to be trashy, but I've never felt so inclined to throw something into the garbage."

"This book is amazing... for something written in only four hours."

Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamson
Member # 7808

- posted      Profile for Hamson   Email Hamson         Edit/Delete Post 
"It's just as good in a language you don't understand!"
Posts: 879 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
"Burt Reynolds says 'Two Thumbs Up!'"

"It made my fingers dance!" - Braille Monthly

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post 
Read any passage from this book aloud and be the life of the party.
Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

"Almost comparable to the sheer excitement of the Scarlett Letter"
Void
Member # 8259

- posted      Profile for Void   Email Void         Edit/Delete Post 
"A book whose language, characters and plot will redefine the word 'crap' for generations of readers!"

[ June 22, 2005, 05:38 PM: Message edited by: Void ]

Posts: 13 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Feiwaltan
Member # 7912

- posted      Profile for Feiwaltan   Email Feiwaltan         Edit/Delete Post 
a book so great you will call it another religion

the words are so powerful they literally leap from the pages

a great read when your on the go

once you finish reading it please let me know what the plot is

just strap the 6000 pages to your chest for a bulletproof vest

its great for knocing sense in to people, literally

it makes a grea baseball bat or a tennis racket

now the hardcover cna be used as a bike helmet

the books new sented pages will drive your friends and family away

when the dentist wants to put a led bib over your balls tell him "no thanks i brought my own"

makes a great wedding gift

great for making your biceps stronger

you can use it at your next stand-up show to defend yourself from the bottes they throw at you

now comes with a medical kit

dont worry it will make you cry, it will make you mad, it will make you say things like "why" and "what did i do to deserve this".

disclaimer: my spelling ability is limited [Wall Bash] [Cry]

Posts: 29 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tanman1975
Member # 1444

- posted      Profile for tanman1975   Email tanman1975         Edit/Delete Post 
"You will enjoy this book or double our money back!"
Posts: 69 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miriam
Member # 8351

- posted      Profile for Miriam   Email Miriam         Edit/Delete Post 
Twice as long as the previous book eighteen books in the series.
Posts: 17 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peter Howell
Member # 8072

- posted      Profile for Peter Howell           Edit/Delete Post 
The novelization of the movie inspired by the video game based on the boardgame derived from the collectable card game create in conjunction with the tv show created to compete with Pokemon.

Now with 25% more blasphemy

Posts: 70 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mindbowels
Member # 7407

- posted      Profile for Mindbowels           Edit/Delete Post 
"Only murder-mystery I know of that has scratch-and-sniff crime scenes!"
Posts: 57 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.