FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The ice cream personality profile (Page 3)

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  9  10  11   
Author Topic: The ice cream personality profile
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
dkw, one scoop per serving? I thought the container was one serving.

(My scoop must be bigger than yours. )

[This message has been edited by Kayla (edited January 24, 2003).]

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Kayla, I've learned to dish-up my single scoop, put the container back in the freezer, and walk OUT of the kitchen before I take the first bite. Sometimes I even make sure I'm sitting down with something piled in my lap that would make it inconvenient to get up for seconds.
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pepperuda
Member # 1573

- posted      Profile for pepperuda   Email pepperuda         Edit/Delete Post 
If I eat icecream just by itself, I love butter pecan in a sugar cone. I lick around the icecream just a few times till it's nice and smooth and then I devoure it quickly.

But, if I'm going to put toppings on something, it'd have to be a banana split with a scoop of vanilla and a scoop of strawberry. Then I'd put on hot fudge, caramel, and chocolate with just a few dobs of whatever jam to soften the impact of the chocolate (for lack of a better way to explain it). I'm not really picky about the container, whatever, I suppose it'd be some sort of crystal or glass or that clear plastic stuff if I had to visualize it. I'd eat this fairly quickly too, but leave enough to mix with the leftover topping goo at the bottom otherwise they are too rich to finish.

[This message has been edited by pepperuda (edited January 24, 2003).]

Posts: 240 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
I use a tiny spoon too! I wonder what this says about us? In my case, I just like to prolong pleasure!
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LadyDove
Member # 3000

- posted      Profile for LadyDove   Email LadyDove         Edit/Delete Post 
::says with an air of mystery::
Only Bob knows for sure.

Posts: 2425 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
Ice cream: vanilla

Toppings: strawberry jam (not strawberry topping) and whipped cream (but only real whipped cream or out of a can, not any kind of Cool Whip type thing that comes out of a covered dish)

Still frozen, but if it melts a little as I eat, that's okay.

Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
Oooh, Bob this is cool!

I like vanilla w/ chocolate chips

or

coffee w/ chocolate sprinkles

I like it in a bowl and I eat it fast if it's hot out and slow if it's cold.

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Martha:

Cherry Garcia.
No toppings necessary.

No melty!!

wafer cone. that's the kind with the flat bottom. yeah, I know, that's uncultured of me, but sugar cones leave a nasty taste in my mouth.

quote:
An affinity for Cherry Garcia ice cream indicates a timeless personality. This person would be at home in any era. Just plunk her down and set her loose. Oddly, in the present day and time she feels almost like a misfit. Or perhaps a gypsy -- wandering and going from place to place, person to person, job to job. The "Cherry Garcia" person is likely to be extremely well read, have very diverse tastes in clothing, music, and art, but with a somewhat romantic eye towards the past or the future.

quote:
In Kama's post, the ICPPPCI said "Those who eschew toppings are purists. They see the world as one way or another. Often, they become frustrated by the nuances and games-playing they see in the world around them. But if you need a steadfast, solid supporter, the topping-less are the way to go. No-toppings people hope for an orderly life with a high degree of predictability. Even if they can't actually achieve it now, that is their idea of bliss.
"
To amplify:
Those who forego toppings seek to keep things just the way they are. Perhaps looking for a little stability in life? This is also a sign of contentment in many ways. This person looks for relationships that are uncomplicated and sincere. She wants you to be yourself and see where that takes you. A supporter of your dreams, she might also be just as happy without you if your dreams aren't worth pursuing. So be useful.

quote:
In this person's case, a desire to eat the ice cream before it is melted is linked to her solitary and roving lifestyle. She has learned to get as much as she can from a situation as fast as she can because she knows it may not last much longer. She will work hard and be incredibly productive while you have her attention. But once the job winds down, she'll be moving on. If you want to keep her, have an endless supply of good work to be done and she may never notice that she's been there "too long."

quote:
A wafer cone is indicative of longing for practicality and stability. A place to settle and be useful. This person longs for some predictability. There's element of romanticized childhood mixed in as well -- that things were better in the days of her youth and, more importantly, a wish to recapture that.

quote:
An aversion to sugar cones indicates a fear of the mess of life, or perhaps too much negative experience with it. This person looks for things to be more orderly than life and relationships can usually deliver. This is a very sensitive soul who has a lot to offer to those who are equally sensitive to her needs. This person probably is very quiet but when she speaks, the words are thought provoking. A poet's soul, to be sure.

[This message has been edited by Bob_Scopatz (edited January 26, 2003).]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leto II
Member # 2659

- posted      Profile for Leto II   Email Leto II         Edit/Delete Post 
Peanut Butter Cup flavor ice cream, no preference in brand name. It's best when very cold (but not frozen solid), but is good all the way down to the gooey end. No toppings needed, thanks.
Posts: 6907 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
msquared:
French Vanilla on a chocolate brownie.
No other toppings.

In an ice cream bowl.

Just a touch soft, I hate it soupy.

quote:
French Vanilla indicates a hidden depth of personality. This is a person who hates being judged (or judging) based on appearances alone. Get to know this person and you'll find a hidden gem, real quality. Oddly, this person is exactly what he or she seems on the surface -- a solid, reliable person. That's the core. What else you'll find is just better and more honed than what you'll get on the exterior. This is not a person who will force his opinions on others. But rather, say something once and let it go. But don't expect to change his or her opinion. Silence doesn't equate to agreement.

quote:
While not technically a "topping" putting ice cream over a brownie is a classicists approach to life. Expect a strong personality and a sense of proportion. This person is good at multi-tasking, but more importantly has an innate sense of fair play that translates well to relationships. Unless you violate the unwritten rules!!! Lose his or her trust and you will never get it back.

quote:
Use of a specific "ice cream bowl" indicates a strong sense of belonging. This is a person who knows not only how he relates to the world around him, but how others fit in to the global picture. This person makes a great supervisor or boss because he knows not just what subordinates are capable of now, but what they could achieve with the right training or guidance. Especially good at "fixing" that which seems beyond repair, especially broken teams in the workplace. Quite insightful

quote:
A preference for the semi-soft indicates some ambivalence in the personal arena -- relationships, love life, family, etc. The person who prefers somewhat melted ice cream is one who wishes the people around him or her were a little less judgemental overall. This person is easily imposed upon but will generally hold her shape even when being pushed around. A good person to have around if you need some flexibility and someone who will reward firm commitment from others.

[This message has been edited by Bob_Scopatz (edited January 26, 2003).]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
enjeeo
Member # 2336

- posted      Profile for enjeeo   Email enjeeo         Edit/Delete Post 
*bump*

*hopeful look in bob's direction*

Posts: 2451 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 3262

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, Bob, I'm next in line!

I also wrote up a dream for you to look at, in the other thread. You're sure going to be sick of me!

[This message has been edited by Vána (edited January 27, 2003).]

Posts: 2661 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Human
Member # 2985

- posted      Profile for Human   Email Human         Edit/Delete Post 
*taps bob's shoulder*

Can you do mine?

Posts: 3658 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
knightswhosayni!
Member # 4096

- posted      Profile for knightswhosayni!   Email knightswhosayni!         Edit/Delete Post 
You have to wait your turn, Human.
Bob's got three pages worth of these things.

They're really cool, though.

Ni!

Posts: 828 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Just so you don't worry...

I'm going slowly on these because I want to do a good job.

I probably won't do anymore until Thursday. I'm on a trip in TX and it's costing me long distance charges just to log in. My company probably wouldn't like paying for hours of online time at hotel long distance rates.

Sorry.

I'll get back to you shortly.

-Bob

katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Bob! Where in Texas?
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Hey there! I'm in Austin at the moment. Unfortunately, this trip is pure business with no time for side visits, or I would've posted a general "meet & greet" invitation.

However, if we get this project, I think I'll be in TX a LOT over the next few months and years...

So keep your fingers & toes crossed (or not - depending on how you are disposed to the idea of Bob in Texas.

Cor
Member # 4295

- posted      Profile for Cor   Email Cor         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, Bob, it was word of this thread that got me posting again, so here goes...

My favorite flavor is coffee, preferably Starbuck's coffee ice cream. It should be in a big bowl to provide room for all the toppings. These should include (ideally) hot caramel, butterscotch, and crushed Oreos. And I mean real Oreos, not those fake "chocolate sandwich cookies."

Posts: 676 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cor
Member # 4295

- posted      Profile for Cor   Email Cor         Edit/Delete Post 
Icarus, I don't know exactly what you meant about whipped cream and cherries belonging on naked women. Perhaps you'd care to clarify?
Posts: 676 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ginette
Member # 852

- posted      Profile for ginette   Email ginette         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey there Bob, how would YOU like it to be in TX a lot? For such a long time?
See, I want to take that into account when crossing all those limbs.

Posts: 1247 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fael
Member # 3015

- posted      Profile for Fael   Email Fael         Edit/Delete Post 
Hope your Trip was/is good. Just wanted to get this back to first page.
Posts: 765 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Kidd
Member # 2646

- posted      Profile for Chris Kidd   Email Chris Kidd         Edit/Delete Post 
Ben and Jerrys French vanilla.
no toppings
a small spoon
enjoys the varied stages of melting in the ice cream
Since Ben and Jerrys comes in such a small carton of course i eat it out of the carton.

in a pinch any vanilla will do. then i will eat 3 to 4 scoops from a bowl. then procede to eat with a small spoon.

Posts: 513 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unicornwhisperer
Member # 294

- posted      Profile for unicornwhisperer   Email unicornwhisperer         Edit/Delete Post 
Favorite Flavor: Chocolate Silk and cookie dough ice cream

Toppings: Caramel, whipped cream, and reeses pieces on top.

State of the ice cream: Savor the flavor so it becomes a little melted but not by much.

[This message has been edited by unicornwhisperer (edited January 30, 2003).]

Posts: 1417 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
Favorite flavor: Cherry Garcia and mint chocolate chip, in that order (but not together).

Toppings: Not necessary on the above - those flavors are yummy just by themselves. If there are only boring flavors available and I want to jazz it up a little, I'll usually get M&Ms. Mini ones, if possible.

How I eat it: Let it soften just enough that it's not rock-hard, then eat it as slowly as I can without letting it melt. I don't like it when it's all melty.

~Jane~

[This message has been edited by JaneX (edited February 09, 2003).]

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
OK Bob, We are all anxiously waiting to hear have our ice cream preferences read. I really want to know if I'm the type who eats Hazelnut Gelato or if this is just one more bizarre aberation in my personality.
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Vana:
The ice cream and toppings that I would choose varies with my mood and what I had to eat before hand (if anything).
However, my current favorite is this Fannie May mint meltaway ice cream that Dean's makes. (It's green with dark fudgy-minty ribbons in it.)

I top it with dark chocolate syrup, and sometimes a cherry (or three).

I prefer to eat it while it's still hard, but I'm always sure to eat the melted stuff, too, and all of the syrup that's still on the bottom of the bowl.

The actual bowl itself doesn't matter much to me.

quote:
Those whose choice of ice cream flavor changes with mood are extremely flexible. Some might detect in this a fear of commitment or even an inconstancy of spirit, however the truth is that these people are just easier to please than most of us. They might fixate for a time on one amusement or another, but the infatuation doesn't last for long. They are searchers, always looking for the next great experience in life.

quote:
Combinations of mint and fudge in ice cream indicate a complex personality sometimes even with alarming mood swings. This type of person might seem calm and collected one moment and then be extremely passionate or even violent the next. At the very least, this person will seem hard to pin down or categorize. Don't even bother trying as it will just get them angry anyway.

quote:
Specifying dark chocolate syrup as a topping indicates a desire for a long-term relationships that will affect some positive change in his/her life. Look for this person to resist that change, however with whenever the core personality is challenged. Give him/her time and see what the result is.

quote:
Use of multiple cherries as a topping shows a desire for more than just intimacy in a relationship. This is a person who craves the excitement of your every facet and nuance. This is a person who can take it and use it to your mutual benefit. Be yourself and be all you can be with this one. Expects you to have strong likes and dislikes, so express an opinion if you want respect.

quote:
Finishing it all, no matter how soupy is a sign of a person who will always get the job done. Expect this person to start out gang-busters, but then taper off as other influences pull this way or that. But not to worry, in the final analysis, everything will be done, all i's dotted and t's crossed. A thorough person who will bring this out in others.

quote:
If the container doesn't matter, it shows that stability is not a big concern here. Flexibility and doing what feels right for the current situation is more important.

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Lime: My favorite ice cream flavor changes from incident to incident. Currently, my favorite is One Sweet Whirled (Ben & Jerry's). But I am known to dig into a good mint chocolate chip, cookies and cream, or cherry chocolate chip. Whipped cream is good (no toppings on Ben & Jerry's), and so are cherries and chocolate syrup.

quote:
As noted for Vana, changing flavors is a sign of mental and spiritual flexibility. It can be a sign of instability to some, but more likely this is a person who isn't bothered by rapid change. An adaptor and a survivor, for sure.

quote:
For the uninformed, Ben & Jerry's One Sweet Whirled is caramel & coffee ice creams with marshmallow & caramel swirls & coffee flavored fudge chips. This is favored ice cream of a true rebel. Here you have a person who could care less what anyone else thinks of him or her. And, this is a person who is NOT easy to know or understand. The moment you think you've got this one pegged, you'll get blindsided by some startling revelation. Best to just take what comes and enjoy.

quote:
Whipped cream as a lone topping indicates a person who is not all that interested in forging relationships. But don't despair. To win this one's heart, just be "added value" in his/her life and you will be very much appreciated. Don't be surprised if you don't measure up. You aren't expected to. In fact, it'd be no surpise at all to find out this person just wanted to be alone. Don't take it personally. Give him/her space and you'll be right back on top soon enough.

Whipped cream in combination with chocolate and cherries is a sign of someone who is looking for a traditional relationship. In this particular case, however, the transient nature of relationships might mean that the desire for tradition is a passing thing.

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Baldar:
I am a Chunky Monkey kind of guy.

quote:
Of course you are

quote:
Okay, seriously, Chunky Monkey is Banana Ice Cream with Fudge Chunks & Walnuts -- another Ben & Jerry's combination. This one appeals to those with a major stubborn streak. This is a person who likes to think of himself as soft and cuddly, but in reality is too complex and deep to pull that off for very long. And if you think you've got it figured out, you don't. Not ever. There are too many obstacles to real understanding of this one. It's best to just enjoy the depth and clarity of thought that goes with this personality type. This is a person not afraid of the rough spots in life. Most likely to bull through them than to accommodate or change.

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

knightswhosayni: Pistachio with almonds.
maple syrup, sprinkles, and pecans.

slightly melty.

with a waffle cone. NOT in one.

Ni!

quote:
Pistachio with almonds is the flavor of choice for the true romantic. You aren't afraid of being a little kooky or idiosyncratic. That's part of your appeal, actually. An optimist, you see the glass as half full, even when the darn thing is nearly empty. Unlikely to be shy, even in very intimidating situations. But sometimes embarrassed by it all after the fact, when reality comes and bops you over the head.

quote:
The combined toppings of maple syrup, sprinkles and pecans indicates a person who is searching for relationships that start as friendships and turn into something much deeper. This is a person who will always be fun to hang around with, but if you want a real relationship, you'd better be ready to devote years and demonstrate some substantial feelings along the way. Friends are for partying. Romance is for life!

quote:
A preference for the slightly melted state is, in this case, indicative of a desire to avoid conflict and strife. A world without sharp edges is what is sought here. Theres a warm feeling to it all. Enjoyment and even a touch of hedonism mixed in.

quote:
The somewhat rare preference to break up the waffle cone and, in a sense, treat it like another topping indicates a hatred of boundaries and roles. Prefers a very fluid working environment where tasks aren't doled out based on traditional practices, but rather on getting the thing to work with who and what you have as resources. This is a highly creative person who does not thrive in structured environments. Let the reins go and see what happens.

Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 

This is scary. That is SO kwsni.

Bob, you are amazing.

*bows to the master of dream interpretations and ice cream profiling*

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Bob the Lawyer:Cookies 'N Dream (a kind of rice cream)
No toppings. But I'm a no condiments kind of guy in general.
Right out of the container (one less bowl to wash!)
Not so hard that it bends my spoon, not so soft that it's dribbly. More of a firm I guess. I eat it slowly, then realize I enjoy it and speed up unconsciously. Get an ice cream headache. Get frustrated with self. Put away. Come back in 5 minutes. Usually with same spoon. Rinse and repeat.

quote:
So called "rice creams" are the province of the purposefully misleading: poseurs and usurpers. These people try to substitute for others. You'll find them stealing personalities because, seemingly, they have so little of their own to offer. But watch out! They are full of surprises. Hyper-intelligent and full of a sense of their own shortcomings, they are often very sensitive to others. They can understand the troubles in life and try to help as best they can. And that help can be pretty darned valuable because they are so clever.

quote:
Going without toppings is, in this case especially, a signal to would-be lovers not to get too fancy. This is a person who wants the facts, straight up, no gimmicks. Don't expect a lot of romancing, but if you want a person who will understand you and take you as you are, this is that person. Has few close friends and often considered a loner, in reality this person is just interested in knowing the Truth (with a capital "T") and there are just too few people around who can handle the intense scrutiny.

quote:
Eating right out of the container is the sign of someone longing for simplicity in life. A pragmatist who wishes the rest of the world ran on a logical basis. This person is searching for working environments that are pure meritocracies. Make him/her earn the top position, to be sure, but make sure you don't give it away to some lesser being, or WATCH OUT!

quote:
Those who eat their ice cream tending towards firmness like to take life as it comes. They don't try to bend the world to their own idiosyncracies, but rather make the world work for them by understanding it and using it.

quote:
A changeable speed of ingestion is the sign of someone wanting to break out. Inside, there's some untapped resource bursting to break free of the pragmatic bonds placed on the persona. It's an indication of something deferred or delayed in life. A big plan that can't be put in motion yet and, perhaps, a fear that there never will be a right time.

Godric
Member # 4587

- posted      Profile for Godric   Email Godric         Edit/Delete Post 
This is such a great thread - I can't resist.

I'm not sure I can narrow down a favorite ice cream - it all depends on what's available and my mood. I'll just tell you what I like and let you work your magic.

Coconut ice cream. No toppings. Eaten slowly. Consumed during special occasions.

Black Raspberry ice cream. No toppings. Eaten slowly. Consumed during special occasions.

French Vanilla. Loads of Hot Fudge. Eaten before the hot fudge has time to harden. Consumed at home.

A Heath sundae. That's coffee and vanilla ice cream, hot fudge, caramel syrup, bits of Heath bar and whipped cream. No cherry. Consumed when dining out at Friendly's or other places where it is to be had.

And since I'm at it... I agree with whoever said that nuts and ice cream should not be joined. Neither should marshmallows. I hate bits of fruit in ice cream. Chocolate, carmel, butterscotch, hot fudge and peanut butter are all acceptable toppings. Cherries, any fruit topping and most candies are not. Sprinkles are only allowable on soft serve.

Golly! I'm picky... And I don't even eat ice cream that much...

Posts: 1295 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

Welcome Godric!

You like some pretty disgusting flavors, but at least you know what not to put on them!

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Godric
Member # 4587

- posted      Profile for Godric   Email Godric         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Icarus. I plan on completing the authoritative Ice Cream Eaters Toppings Guide very soon with a sneak peak at my next work, Why Fruit Should Never Be On Pizza.
Posts: 1295 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
The anticipation is killing me!!!
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Oooh - this is fun. Bob, you are amazing. I can't believe you don't get paid for this.

Oversize, multi-colored, hand-painted ceramic soup mug. Heavy.

Pecan praline, 3 large scoops. Caramel topping (the kind you have to heat slightly first, otherwise your spoon gets stuck) - allowed to puddle in the bottom of the bowl because it is so much fun to eat a big spoonful of the stuff at the end. Normal sized spoon.

One Heinekin to complement.

Ummm. Now I know what to get at the store this evening.

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lime
Member # 1707

- posted      Profile for Lime   Email Lime         Edit/Delete Post 

Wow, that was really cool! Thanks Bob!

Posts: 753 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
coil
Member # 4571

- posted      Profile for coil   Email coil         Edit/Delete Post 
Oooh, I must have mine! (:

Fresh strawberry ice cream - I'm talking made with strawberries, cream, and sugar. Nothing else.

Fresh whipped cream (REAL, with a touch of vanilla), and a cherry

Consistancy? ultra-thick milkshake. I'm talking stick a spoon in it and it stands straight up, but you use a straw anyway. (:

As for what to serve it in, I love the old fountain-style tall glasses. Also, there should be more made than will fit into the glass, and I want the remainder in the steel tumbler they made it in on the side!

[This message has been edited by coil (edited January 31, 2003).]

Posts: 886 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
Telling you my favorite ice cream is a toughy - I love lots of different kinds!

One of my favorites since childhood:

Vanilla, very good quality, preferably with flecks of vanilla bean in it.

Topping: Butterscotch sauce. Some real whipped cream is good, too, but can be optional (I don't like that fake whipped cream).

I eat it slowly, soft enough so it's smooth and creamy, but not melty. I usually eat this concoction in a bowl, but I happen to love sugar cones (the cookie type of cone - I can't stand the melt-in-your-mouth wafer cones).

Yum. I love ice cream.

**Ela**

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Kidd
Member # 2646

- posted      Profile for Chris Kidd   Email Chris Kidd         Edit/Delete Post 
all this talk of ice cream is makeing me hungry
Posts: 513 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 3262

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, Bob. That sounds a lot like me.

Thanks! I'm very impressed.

Posts: 2661 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arthur
Member # 4026

- posted      Profile for Arthur   Email Arthur         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't eat ice cream anymore, but if I could...
I would have french vanilla partially melted in a tall sundae dish with hot fudge, rainbow sprinkles, peanuts, whipped cream and 2 cherries.

Posts: 153 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought long and hard before posting to this thread. I have two preferred dishes, but never both at the same time. The first, a preferably gourmet vanilla ice cream with heated Mr. Richardson's Butterscotch-Carmel (MUST BE this brand)slathered on it until there is almost more topping than icecream, as the icream melts from the heat, I swirl them together into a gooey consistency and eat it until the very end. I have been known to lick the bowl, though my dogs get mad at me because they claim that as their right.

The second, probably more frequent dish is plain strawberry. I always get this if I'm getting a cone. I also buy this more frequently. Preferably a brand that has large genuine strawberry chunks in it. I eat the genuine strawberry chunks first if possible. The store brands that don't use real strawberries (100% artifical flavor) which I would only eat out of desparation generally have too much artifical flavor and taste waxy, with a faint aftertaste of the beet juice they use for coloring.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
<---- very impressed
*sigh* I wish I was as cool as Bob...
must. steal. Bob's. Identity.

Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
knightswhosayni!
Member # 4096

- posted      Profile for knightswhosayni!   Email knightswhosayni!         Edit/Delete Post 
Bob, that is awesome.

Ni!

Posts: 828 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

I get the impression that you created some sort of basic list of varieties and their meanings, and have been adding to it as people throw new curves at you. If this is true, do you intend to publish it? I'm certain you could find some sort of market for this...and at least get some money back for all of your work on it!

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Dead Horse:
Vanilla ice cream.
Brown sugar, shredded coconut, and cornflakes.

Frozen, but not hard.

Glass or stoneware bowl..not plastic or paper.

quote:
As we've seen already, those who like vanilla ice cream are simple souls. They are stalwart and reliable. There are few surprises from these folks and they like it that way. A traditionalist and conservative in the truest senses of those words. Some consider this person to be fussy or a perfectionist. But really, this is just a person who knows that there's already a right way of doing things so why reinvent the wheel?

quote:
The combination of brown sugar, shredded coconut and cornflakes indicates that this person is looking for a person who gives an immediate impression of being sweet and wholesome, but also has real staying power. The kind of person who will compliment and even bring out the "wilder" side of his/her personality. Looking especially for a person who will help to put a more exciting spin on life and show the rest of the world that he/she can be fun, within reason.

quote:
A preference for frozen "but not hard" ice cream indicates a willingness to change. The future is a big open possibility to this one. But the hard edges are just too much to face. Above all, wants a life that is smooth

quote:
Stoneware or glass bowls (not plastic or paper) is the sign of a traditionalist in the work environment as well. A very loyal employee who would like nothing better than to stick with one company until retirement. This person likes to get an assignment and finish it to perfection. Hates redoing things and will work extra hard to test his/her work before turning it in. If this one says "it is done" you can bet on it!

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

enjeeo:
Fav Flavour: coconut cream, the kind with some actual coconut cream mixed through. Yum!

Toppings: a cherry or a few pecans (but not both) on a little whipped cream

State for eating: Soft enough to not have to fight to get the spoon through, but not melted.

Bowl: small and deep, like a Japanese rice bowl

quote:
Coconut cream with real coconut. This is a person who is outwardly a conformist but with a rebellious spirit. Doesn't make many friends and is often thought of as an acquired taste by those lucky enough to be his/her friend. Strongly opinionated, especially in matters that relate to him/herself and a set of core beliefs. This is a very studious person in matters that interest him/her, especially in the areas of morality, ethics and religion.

quote:
Whipped cream with either cherries or pecans (but not both) indicates some ambivalence towards relationships. On the one hand, passion is to be desired, but on the other hand, maybe something a little more cerebral is what would be most pleasing. Underneath it all, however, to mate with this one, you'd better be well rounded and just feel like a "good fit" to begin with. Fun loving and smart are the combination he/she seeks.

quote:
Not wanting to fight to get the spoon through is indicative of a low tolerance for distractions or non-sequiters. Keep on topic if you want to impress this person. This person is always thinking strategically and has great confidence that, at the right moment, he/she will be able to win the day and cut through all the nonsense. Expect him/her to be silent while others are panicking but always prepared to step in and make everything work. At that point, you'll find him/her impatient and wanting be in charge.

quote:
A preference for small deep bowls shows a preference for short-term projects that are high visibility and important. Work-wise, nothing could be worse for this person than a long-term project with no obvious end or goal. Exploratory projects that may not pan out are anathema. This person wants to be part of the big, winning projects that make a difference. A great idea person who may not be the best for actual implementation over the course of months or years.

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

jeniwren:
Premium quality Vanilla
With hot chocolate, caramel, chopped peanuts (for that salty complement), and whipped cream.

In a chilled dish, eaten with savor but quickly enough so the ice cream isn't a soup when you get to the bottom.

quote:
Premium quality vanilla is the flavor of choice for the traditionalist who knows good from merely okay. This person has classic taste in clothing and furnishings and will spend the money (when it's available) to obtain just the right items. Would rather not buy at all if it means buying things that won't last or aren't well made. No false advertising from this one -- what you see is what you get. Period.

quote:
hot chocolate, caramel, chopped peanuts (for that salty complement), and whipped cream together indicate a desire to find the ONE perfect mate. He or she must be all things and at just the right time. As a consequence, this one has very little tolerance for the dating scene and will even call an early halt to an evening if it's obviously not going anywhere. To capture this person's heart, you must be sophisticated, witty, charming, sincere, and absolutely devoted. Lack any one of these qualities and you might as well head for the door, or not even show up in the first place.

quote:
Savoring their ice cream is a reflection of savoring life itself. You couldn't find a more involved person, no matter what the task or who is involved. These people make great parents and you'll often find them volunteering their time for worthy causes -- not just writing a check.

quote:
A chilled dish is the sign of a worker who believes every success comes from preparation. Planning, then following the plan are really important. Don't expect this person to drop everything to help someone out of a crisis. If you ask his/her input, be prepared to sit down and rethink the entire process. The end result will always be better for it, but if you need fast solutions it'd be best to go elsewhere for your shock troops. He/she might help you out in a crisis, but you'll darn well learn a lesson in planning along the way.

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Frisco:
Ice Cream: Black Cherry

Toppings: Peanuts

Eat it quickly, but let every bite melt on your tongue.

quote:
Black Cherry ice cream is the flavor of the true sensualist. A hedonist who loves comfort in all things: life, relationships, work, etc. This is a person who not only enjoys life, but knows how to show others to achieve the same thing. Well loved by friends and family alike. Expect this one to be very popular, and the center of attention. Has to watch out for narcissistic tendencies. Detractors call this one vain and even a wastrel, but the truth often that they are just jealous of the joy this person has and can bring to any situation.

quote:
Peanuts are the topping of choice for those who like to compartmentalize their friends. Some may find the instant judgements hard to swallow, but in reality, this person is very adept at seeing what others want in life and helping them find it. Might have a little trouble in the fidelity department, or not really all that concerned with lasting friendships. If you get involved with this person, you should get the most out of the little time you have and then expect to move on. If it turns out to be a more permanent relationship, expect your life together to be divided into discrete phases with new friends and new pursuits always just around the bend. If you can handle it, it'll be fun!

quote:
Ice cream eaten quickly but with each bite melted on the tongue is the sign of a person who is best in one-on-one situations. You wouldn't think it with this particular person, as popular and gregarious as he/she is, but the secret to the whole thing is that every single person he/she interacts with comes away knowing that, for a brief shining moment, they were the center of attention from someone who really cared. This person will spend five minutes with you and know your life's story.

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  9  10  11   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.