FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Heroes 4 (Page 4)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Heroes 4
T:man
Member # 11614

- posted      Profile for T:man   Email T:man         Edit/Delete Post 
Wait I thought they said he could only hold 1 power.
Posts: 1574 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Nathan saved him.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

- posted      Profile for Raymond Arnold   Email Raymond Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
Wait, what? I didn't see anything confirming that.

I was assuming it was the internet israeli chick from Season 1, actually. (Who, as we of course learned in the graphic novel tie-in, ended up becoming the internet or something...)

Posts: 4136 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
I thought this episode was a huge improvement over the last few ones. It was really exciting to see Peter regain his powers, but oh well. I hope he gets the ability to hold onto a few at once.
Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Dude, Micah's totally Rebel. Or so I'd like to think...
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

I thought it was the internet chick. But Micah would make a lot of sense too. I don't even remember where things were left with him, but I'm surprised Nathan's guys didn't pick him up first.

A technopath is more dangerous to them right now than a telepath.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christine
Member # 8594

- posted      Profile for Christine   Email Christine         Edit/Delete Post 
I was thinking Micah. I kind of hope it is. I didn't like his mom, but I liked him.

The only thing wrong with last night's episode was that Hiro wasn't in it. I want Hiro back -- WITH powers! [Frown]

Posts: 2392 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

- posted      Profile for Raymond Arnold   Email Raymond Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
I want Hiro back WITH adequate character development, powers or not.
Posts: 4136 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christine
Member # 8594

Hiro came back! And he's in the 70's! [Smile]

Best 30 seconds of the show.

Oh, and Nathan so had it coming.

I actually rather enjoyed tonight's show.

Posts: 2392 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
Not a bad episode. If Sylar gets shapeshifting, though, and becomes Nathan, I will be sooo pissed off.
Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Arnold
Member # 3192

- posted      Profile for Glenn Arnold   Email Glenn Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
Matt Parkman's ex-wife has a child that would be about that age. Did we ever resolve who the father was for sure?
Posts: 3735 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christine
Member # 8594

Yeah, I guess it's probably Matt's baby, now that I think about it, but I was hoping...I know rumor has it that they're trying to phase out time travel and therefore Hiro is unlikely to get his power back, at least exactly the way it was. But it kind of ticks me off that their inability to write is screwing up the coolest character on the show. Time travel itself isn't the problem -- it's how they use it.
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

The father was that guy she was sleeping with in Season 1. Was that the same actress as his wife, though?
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

No.
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
Looked like the same actress as his wife, to me.

I also thought this was the best episode in a while... though, my standards for "good Heroes episode" may just be incredibly low at this point.

Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Double checked, IMDB says no.
Christine
Member # 8594

It wasn't his wife, it was a hired nanny. She was running off because she quit.

As for whose baby it was...there was a conflict on that one. In the season 1 episode in which Hiro went into the future. Matt Parkman's baby was hiw own. Early in season 2, Matt said it was the other guy's baby. I always thought that was odd. It's possible that Matt thinks it's the other guy's baby but it's really his.

Glenn Arnold
Member # 3192

- posted      Profile for Glenn Arnold   Email Glenn Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
IIRC Matt heard his wife's thoughts and she believed it was not Matt's baby, but I remember that later it was revealed that it was, in fact, Matt's baby.

So... How was babby formed? (Sorry)

Posts: 3735 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
ahahahahaha.
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry... wasn't talking about in the show. Was talking about the preview for next week. *That* did appear to be the same actress as Parkman's wife. The nanny/babsitter chick was way too young.
Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marek
Member # 5404

- posted      Profile for Marek   Email Marek         Edit/Delete Post 
I was thinking his wife told him the baby wasn't his and left him, but he read her thoughts and knew she at least believed it was his, but he went anyway.

I suppose her telling him that might have been her wanting to leave him, and not have the child keep Matt from going. So maybe he just accepted that and left, though that episode was quite a while ago so I could have it a bit mixed.

Still when the nanny handed the baby over to the first person to walk through the door assuming they were from the service and rushed out, I couldn't help thinking of the Incredibles. I wonder if little Matt junior bursts into flames.

Posts: 2332 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
probly can read minds/project thoughts in a disturbing way, hes still clothed, so doesnt probly burst into flames.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mucus
Member # 9735

- posted      Profile for Mucus           Edit/Delete Post 
New episode of Heroes, its quite different.

link

Posts: 7593 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

Is that just a standalone or do they intend to more? It'd be neat if they did follow through with the ending teaser and add powers. I think it'd be pretty doable if they stuck to mind reading, teleportation and other powers that don't require much (any) special effects.
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Alright Micah! Already this episode is better than most of this season, and we're only halfway through. [Smile]
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

quote:
Originally posted by Carrie:
Dude, Micah's totally Rebel. Or so I'd like to think...

Called it.

Good guess.

eta: there's no way that Micah could have known that Mini Matt could turn Hiro's power back on. And for that matter, it makes no sense that the baby even could turn his power back on. But I don't care, it's nice that he has it back.

Masi Oka has said in interviews that he won't get time travel back, but I was still hoping he'd be able to teleport and freeze time. Maybe he just has to relearn how to do it? He used to be able to unfreeze people on command too.

eta2: And I'm going to assume that Traci isn't dead.

[ March 23, 2009, 10:02 PM: Message edited by: Lyrhawn ]

twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
After the Traci thing, I was just thinking "geez, can no one ever die on this show?" but then the episode ended. Jerks. Way to make me happy when she came back and then grumpy again when they apparently killed her off a second time.

Now, once again, my two favourite blondes are gone from the show. Alas, Elle and Daphne, I didn't get to know you nearly as well as I would have liked. [Frown]

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christine
Member # 8594

HIRO IS BACK!!!!!

All right, not quite as good as before, but still, freezing time is a pretty powerful thing to be able to do. Hopefully he gets teleport back as well. I wouldn't miss time travel, though.

As for it making sense that "baby touch and go" (loved the name) could restart Hiro's pwoers...why not? Other characters can copy and remove powers? Why couldn't one give them back? He turns things on. Hiro was off and now he's on. I'll go with it. Although I was kind of thinking Ando's power would have been able to give his back. I didn't like seeing it used as a weapon. I saw Ando's power more as something that could strengthen and by counter effect, minimize powers. Ah well.

But basically, one of the best episodes of Heroes so far. Tracy is dead (or so I choose to think for at least a little while). I was hoping either she or Mohinder would be the character that would be leaving this season.

I knew Micah was rebel. Was the only thing that made sense. As for how he knew about baby Matt...well, I don't know if he knew that he could give Hiro his powers back, but his power ties directly into information since he can hack into any computer system. So I'll buy it.

The only groan moment was Daphne. Why'd they bring her back just to kill her again? Sigh...

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

To give Matt closure.

And I don't think Traci is dead. Didn't her shattered ice face wink? No, I think that she transcended to a higher level of control over her powers, and she'll reform somewhere.

Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Christine:
I knew Micah was rebel. Was the only thing that made sense.

I thought Rebel would be Hana Gittleman (the Internet chick) until I saw the name of the actor who plays Micah at the beginning of the episode.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 5108

- posted      Profile for Avatar300   Email Avatar300         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lyrhawn:
To give Matt closure.

And I don't think Traci is dead. Didn't her shattered ice face wink? No, I think that she transcended to a higher level of control over her powers, and she'll reform somewhere.

It's either that, or she'll die as soon as she thaws out, seeing as how she's now in many little pieces. I'd like them to kill her off, but you're probably right about her reforming.
Posts: 413 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christine
Member # 8594

quote:
Originally posted by Avatar300:
quote:
Originally posted by Lyrhawn:
To give Matt closure.

It's either that, or she'll die as soon as she thaws out, seeing as how she's now in many little pieces. I'd like them to kill her off, but you're probably right about her reforming.
I know, I know...the show can't properly kill anyone off, least of all those who deserve it, but could I please have my delusions until next week? [Smile]
Glenn Arnold
Member # 3192

quote:
And for that matter, it makes no sense that the baby even could turn his power back on.
I think "baby touch'n go" is a cute bit of misdirection, and typical of the old Hiro.

quote:
Although I was kind of thinking Ando's power would have been able to give his back. I didn't like seeing it used as a weapon.
Didn't Ando discharge his power in a rather massive and fairly uncontrolled way just before Hiro got his power back?

I'm also wondering if the guy Ando hit might have powers now, and if Ando could give powers to Danko. Wait, Magneto already did that.

quote:
As for how he knew about baby Matt...
Straightforward: Micah knew the government bad guys were planning on taking baby Matt into custody because he was monitoring them.
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

WOOT!
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

...Daphne died? Huh?

In other news... Jesus, Michah's voice is deep now.

Glenn Arnold
Member # 3192

I wasn't clear what happened to Daphne in the end. It was clear she was still in serious condition in the hospital, but I didn't get the impression she was dead.

I like that Micah is old enough to be doing hero stuff on his own. The fact that he's grown and his voice has dropped adds believability to the character as "rebel"

Member # 11614

quote:
Originally posted by Raymond Arnold:
In other news... Jesus, Michah's voice is deep now.

THAT WAS MY FIRST THOUGHT!
Posts: 1574 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I wasn't clear what happened to Daphne in the end. It was clear she was still in serious condition in the hospital, but I didn't get the impression she was dead.
There were zeros on all the monitors. It was pretty clear to me.
Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christine
Member # 8594

I couldn't believe Micah's voice, either! He's all grown up. [Smile]
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
I think the biggest weakness of this show is that the writers failed from the start to establish clear limits about how powers can be used. As a result they ended up making too many characters who were too powerful. They are now trying to scale that back but rather than having the characters discover limits to their powers (for example using a mental power might drain their physical strength, time travel might risk some sort of rupture and so on), they are just taking powers away and having characters act stupid.

There is lots of potential still so I'm still hoping they pull it together. I'm thinking they could do some cool things with Ando's supercharger power -- maybe if Ando supercharges Hiro they will be able to teleport together, maybe if Ando supercharges Peter, Peter would be able to retain multiple powers. We already know that super charging Matt causes an overload so we could potentially have Heroes who benefit from supercharging and those who would be hindered by it.

Also, Tracy is likely dead but they told us at the beginning of the season that she was one of "triplets", so I don't expect to be rid of Ali Larder yet.

Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeorge
Member # 11524

- posted      Profile for Jeorge           Edit/Delete Post 
I was really expecting Tracy to do the Terminator thing and coalesce as she melted. And yes, they have left themselves an opening to give her yet another incarnation. Not really sure why they would, though - that whole triplet thing was such a dead end storyline.
Posts: 324 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christine
Member # 8594

Yeah, the triplet out occurred to me, and I'd believe that before I'd believe Tracy is coming back. She wasn't even an interesting character. They were trying to make a female Nathan and it didn't work, possibly because Nathan isn't even interesting or consistent. Especially not consistent.

Does anyone GET Angela, btw? She's been in the background all along but I just don't know what she WANTS. That is, aside from whatever the writers think is convenient this episode.

Jeorge
Member # 11524

- posted      Profile for Jeorge           Edit/Delete Post 
Christine - I think you've hit on what makes this show frustrating for me. With LOST, for example, you might not have a clue what someone's motivation is, but the show is put together in such a way that you believe they DO have a motivation, that the motivation is at least logical from their point of view, and that they will continue to act in accordance with that motivation.

With Heroes, it feels like the heroes wake up every morning, get out of bed, and roll a six sided die to determine their motivation of the day.

Posts: 324 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christine
Member # 8594

Only six sides?
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
How did Peter maintain his ability to fly while touching his mother? Is it skin-contact only, and were they just careful to avoid that?
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11614

I think he has to will the power to be absorbed.
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by T:man:
I think he has to will the power to be absorbed.

That's not the way it worked on the plane. He accidentally touched Tracy, gained the freezing power and lost his super strength. Of course maybe this is something he can learn to control like her learned to control his original power.
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

Powers are generally activated when in periods of emotional extremes, like stress, fear, pain, the plane qualifies certainly as a stressful situation.
The Rabbit
Member # 671

quote:
Originally posted by Blayne Bradley:
Powers are generally activated when in periods of emotional extremes, like stress, fear, pain, the plane qualifies certainly as a stressful situation.

It seems that way but you point once again to a major problem with the show. They haven't clearly defined (apparently even in the minds of the writers) how powers work and what their limitations are.
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
Brian Fuller is back and the show is already more interesting.

I had been starting to dread watching Heroes and now I look forward to it again.

("If you dreaded it, why were you still watching?" Habit.)

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.