FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Need a (((hug))), take a (((hug))), have a (((hug))), leave a (((hug))) (Page 48)

This topic comprises 49 pages: 1  2  3  ...  45  46  47  48  49   
Author Topic: Need a (((hug))), take a (((hug))), have a (((hug))), leave a (((hug)))
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
((((((((((((((Everyone))))))))))))))))))

Thanks for the good advice and the hugs. Well, I'm off to try and figure out where the health center is... I was in class earlier today, but decided to leave early... I feel like I'm going to pass out. I'll go find a doctor, and then I'll go back to my parents' apartment again.

[Frown] And I really HAVE to be able to sing tonight!

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Well, it seems that there IS no student health center... and it also seems that my medical insurance doesn't go into effect until the real academic year starts in october. That's just dandy.
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tt&t
Member # 5600

- posted      Profile for tt&t   Email tt&t         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((Raia))))) [Frown]

Is there nothing at all you can do? Can you just ask your parents what to do so you don't have to worry about it while you're so sick and stressed? There must be SOME doctor you can go to...

(((((Raia)))))

Posts: 1431 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Well, I just went to a different doctor, with my dad, one he knows from before... so I've at least been to see one now. But that really ticks me off... and also, it probably cost him a ton, since I apparently don't have medical insurance until october.
kyrie
Member # 6415

- posted      Profile for kyrie   Email kyrie         Edit/Delete Post 
dont worry about the medical insurance. Worry about your self! Your parents can deal with all that, or if its your responsibility do it when YOUR WELL.
(get better soon!!) [Kiss]

Posts: 264 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
(((raia)))) feel better, and email mom's account, ellen_t1 @ yahoo.com
((kyrie))
((blacwolve))
((stryker))

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

(((((kyrie))))) [Smile]
(((((breyerchic))))) Done.
(((((((((((Everyone else)))))))))))))

tt&t
Member # 5600

(((((Jeremy)))))
(((((rivka)))))
(((((Raia)))))
(((((Danny)))))
(((((Nickita)))))
(((((Joshy)))))
(((((Sarah)))))
(((((Jeremy)))))

(((((everyone who wants)))))

... [Cry]

Posts: 1431 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Kylie))) What's wrong?
(((rivka)))
(((Raia)))
(((ludosti)))
(((Eruve)))
(((Zevlag)))
(((Zotto)))
[Group Hug] All those in the hurricane's path. [Group Hug]

Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
Today couldn't have gone any worse. It started with loud mouthed Allison Baker, just walking up to me and saying, "your an a**hole" turnning around and walking away. ok, someoen just finally herd about prom last year, but i've gotten used to those comments. so then i go to my first period, I had the worng book, the correct book was in my locker, with my home work, she doesn't let people go to their lockers. [Wall Bash] ok.... so far my day has sucked. I get to 2nd period and discover there is a pop quiz over the material that i fell asleep before reading last night. ok.... today is officially a bad day, nothing will go right. 3rd period, marry ellis drops into my 3rd period and says, "I hear you've been having a bad day, lets go to lunch." hmmm if school day is bad, go some where else.... sounds good to me. we go to the laughing planet for lunch... walk around kirkwood.... and have a "tyler mental health day" ok... my day has gotten better... so i go back to school to pick up my little sister. i pull inot the parking lot, and mr doyle (assistant principle) pulls in right next to me. F*&K!!!!!!!! So then instead of picking up my sister, i was coming back to school to get yelled at and recieve 2 saturday/thursday schools, the first of which, to be served today, so instead of driving my sister home, i got to spend another 3 hours in the library staring at the wall, because i don't have any homework to do, cause i didn't go to classes [Wall Bash] today was bad, and i only can blame myself for about 3 hours of it. [Grumble] [Wall Bash] [Grumble]

edit: i forgot to mention, Mr. Doyle called me criminally delinquent

[ September 02, 2004, 07:23 PM: Message edited by: J T Stryker ]

Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((((stryker))))))) have we not talked to you about skipping? Well... don't do it!
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
((((Raia)))) Sorry to hear about the hard time you're going through. As there are so many people around here already giving you excellent advice I won't add anything, except another hug: ((((Raia))))

((((Stryker)))) Well, some days really suck, I've been through crap before too. Try to cool down and see the bright side of life - whatever that is for you. [Smile]

((((tt&t)))) Hey, what's wrong ? I don't remember 'seeing' you crying before... (though right now I have a very short memory) I'd quote a happy Pink Floyd song for you, but there's none appropriate that comes to mind. So take care, and tell us what's wrong.

((((rivka))))
((((MaydayDesiax))))
((((kyrie))))
((((You !))))

I've arrived in Montreal a few days ago (Monday at 11PM) and I'm running around to solve each and every problem I have until I start school. I won't be able to, though, but I'm not concerned. The Concordia University has an excellent International Students Office, and the people there told us about 1001 things we have to do and the cool fact is that they told us that we can ask them for help with everything we want ! [Smile] Nice, nice people. They were also talking about depression caused by cultural adaptation, loneliness, stress, anything, and that we can come to see them as friends anytime we want! I'm kind of relieved to hear that, it's gonna make me worry less about stuff.

I'll probably post very little in the next few days - or not at all - so you all take care of yourselves !

[Group Hug] Hatrack [Group Hug]

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
bright side... I now can say I'm a true bad boy, I've finnally served a detention. [Taunt]
Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

(((Corwin)))
(((rivka)))
(((Raia)))
(((Kylie))))
(((ludosti)))
(((Eruve)))
(((Zevlag)))
(((Zotto)))

[Group Hug] Central Florida Clump [Group Hug]

Extra hugs for (((Kylie)))

Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kyrie
Member # 6415

((((((((((tt&t))))))))))) Whats worng?!? [Frown] no matter what it is or even if its "nothing" heres an extra hug ((((((((tt&t)))))))))

(((((((stryker)))))))) I have to hand it to you, thats a pritty bad day... when ever I left school grounds (witch was only during SRT or when I was given 'permition' by crad) I always carried books with me and a slip of paper that from a distance looks like a relese that they give you at the attendance office. Also, I (and other people with me) would have something dimmly believable to tell anyone who stoped us (no ever did). I also NEVER parked and went in the front door. If you go to one of the art hallway entrences, a student eventually will come along and open it for you... sorry, i guess this is all a little late at this point.... hehehe, Doyle sounds like boile. [Laugh]

((((corwin))))

(((((raia)))))

Posts: 264 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

I was parking in the back lot..... he parks there too. and how to you explain getting out of your car?
[Wall Bash]

Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
You could have tried the truth... then again, knowing Mr. Doyle he might not have taken much sympathy on you. But actually I find that when in that similar situations, the blunt truth usually catches them so completely off guard that they cut you some slack. Then again, I don't break the rules often enough to warrent being well known to Doyle.
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
You've just been to a seminar at IU. You've been around us enough to know that.
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

ran to jcms to talk to mr upchurch might work too. But those seminars at IU are fun.
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Also, you have to go with the completely brazen approach "hey mr. doyle, where've you been out to? Enjoy your lunch? Well, I need to get to class, talk to you later!"

And then if he asks you where you were, use one of the above misdirections, but just brush it off "oh, I was out . . ." over your shoulder as you walk into the building.

Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

quote:
bright side... I now can say I'm a true bad boy, I've finnally served a detention.
Um, Stryker, the fact that this is a bright side worries me.

Also, what they said. Skip with a purpose, at least. (And I don't want a single wisecrack about me not skipping, y'hear?)

Zotto!
Member # 4689

- posted      Profile for Zotto!   Email Zotto!         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Kylie))) [Frown]
(((all the peeps on LJ)))
(((Raia)))
(((Derrell)))
(((Riv)))
(((Kylie)))(((Kylie)))(((Kylie))) [Frown]

(((hugthreaders, whoeverwants)))

Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

((((((((((((Kylie)))))))))))))

(((((Zotto!)))))
(((((Corwin)))))
(((((kyrie)))))
(((((Derrell)))))
(((((((((Everyone else)))))))))

J T Stryker
Member # 6300

I tried the IU excuse, he said, aren't you a junior? And at that point I knew I was screwed. [Wall Bash] o-well..... atleast i didn't have a boring day.
kyrie
Member # 6415

its all in your confidence. Respone "yeah... I should go, I dont want to be late for Ms Whiten. see ya!"
Corwin
Member # 5705

((((Hatrack))))

It turns out that I have my netname and password at the university and I can go on the Internet. So yey, I'll probably post on Hatrack now and then. As Garfield would say:

Bask in my presence! [Wink]

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

*basks* [Big Grin] (((((Corwin)))))

(((((Stryker))))) Don't worry, you'll learn the art of skipping properly soon enough. [Wink]

kyrie
Member # 6415

please, i really need some hugs [Cry]
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

(((((((kyrie)))))))
tt&t
Member # 5600

(((((kyrie))))) (((((kyrie)))))

I hope you're okay.

Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
((((kyrie)))))
Whats wrong?

Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
((((kyrie))))
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

(((kyrie)))
(((rivka)))
(((Raia)))
(((Kylie)))
(((ludosti)))
(((Eruve)))
(((imogen)))
(((Tammy)))
(((Zevlag)))
(((Zotto)))
(((Fla Hatrackers)))

[Group Hug] Everyone [Group Hug]

Raia
Member # 4700

((((((((((((kyrie)))))))))))))
Corwin
Member # 5705

((((kyrie))))
kyrie
Member # 6415

thanks for the hugs everyone.
it has been a hard week, im sure it will get better

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
The moving is over (well, except for the bags&boxes&STUFF everywhere). The school year has begun, and my first classes went fine. And my passport came! [Big Grin] (Although if I look like the picture, I am too sick to travel. And the sad thing is, it is a VAST improvement over the picture from my recently-expired one!)

(((((breyer)))))
(((((blacwolve)))))
(((((Raia))))) How ya feeling?
(((((Alcon)))))
(((((Zotto!)))))
(((((Derrell)))))
(((((Corwin))))) *basks*
(((((tt&t)))))
((((((((((kyrie))))))))))
(((((Mayday)))))
(((((Sarah)))))
(((((Eruve)))))
(((((imogen)))))
(((((Marek)))))
(((((Zevlag)))))

(((((YOU!)))))

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

quote:
And my passport came!
[Big Grin] (((((rivka)))))

((((((((((((((((Everyone else))))))))))))))))))

I'm feeling much better, thank you!! As well as it's so far been an EXCELLENT day! *hugs for everyone*

*bounce*

Raia
Member # 4700

...AAAAAAAND getting better!!!

(Posted from previously un-interneted dorm room [Big Grin] )

((((((((((((Hatrack)))))))))))))

Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations on completing the move, Rivka. You could always try the "Leave it in a box until you need it then put it away" method of unpacking.

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((Dagonee))))) Thanks, Dags. [Smile] Three problems with that method: this house is also currently inhabited by my mom and dad, and the stuff is in their way too; many of the boxes are in my kids' rooms (which they don't much like); I've already had trouble finding a couple of important things. While MOST of the stuff is in neatly labeled boxes, the last round is NOT. And naturally, that's where the most urgent-to-find stuff is. [Roll Eyes] But yeah, much of the stuff is staying boxed indefinitely.

(((((Raia))))) Yay for feeling better! Yay for passports! Yay for wired dorm rooms! [Big Grin]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Wired dorm rooms aren't the half of it!! [Big Grin]

This day just got EVEN better... goodness gracious, if it goes on like this, there's no way I'm gonna want to get to bed!!!!

More details later. [Big Grin]

(((((((((((EVERYONE)))))))))))))

kyrie
Member # 6415

(((((breyer)))))
((((((((blacwolve))))))))
((((((((Raia))))))))
((((((((Alcon)))))))))
(((((((Derrell)))))))
((((((((Corwin))))))))
((((((((tt&t))))))))
(((((stryker)))))
(((((Marek)))))

(((((hug thread)))))- its nice to know its here.

Raia
Member # 4700

I was right about not getting to bed, haha...

(It's now 1:47 am, and I'm not anywhere near signing off)

kyrie
Member # 6415

raia... SLEEP [Sleep]
Raia
Member # 4700

I got three hours of sleep last night, hehe... there's no way I'm going through another day like this one!
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
*sneaks in and steals a few spare hugs*

I'll bring em back when I'm done with em.

*sigh* Mondays suck. [Frown]

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

(((((Megan)))))

Yeah, incidentally, I could use a few myself... stupid audition. [Frown]

kyrie
Member # 6415

((((((megen)))))))
((((((raia))))))

J T Stryker
Member # 6300

((((megan))))

((((Raia))))

(((Blacwolve))) I wasn't the guest that caused trouble [ROFL]

(((Beyerchic))) on the lake... man did I have fun... man you didn't [Taunt]

(((Kyrie))) so... if i were to suddenly apear at your dorm, would I get to share your bed, or would I have to sleep on the floor... I promise to share the covers [Big Grin]

(((AJ)))

(((Corwin)))

(((tt&t)))

(((Fugu13)))

and for once, I'm not here to be a hug whore.... [Razz]

This topic comprises 49 pages: 1  2  3  ...  45  46  47  48  49   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.