FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Need a (((hug))), take a (((hug))), have a (((hug))), leave a (((hug))) (Page 45)

This topic comprises 49 pages: 1  2  3  ...  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49   
Author Topic: Need a (((hug))), take a (((hug))), have a (((hug))), leave a (((hug)))
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
See that's the problem. I just turned nineteen, and i don't really have a doctor. And my mom believes that medicine is evil (except for the medicine that she takes of course) and that if I just ate right, I wouldn't have any problems.

So I'm thinking about arranging an appointment with a gynecologist for myself, but I don't have the slightest idea how insurance works, and I have a feeling that the amount of trouble I get in will be directly proportional to the amount of money I spend.

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh boy. [Frown] *thinks* Do you know if your mom gets insurance through work? If so, you MIGHT be able to contact her HR department directly . . . although it is risky. (She might contact your mom, which I gather you don't want.) Perhaps they can send you a director of providers for the insurance company they have (assuming they have just one).

Otherwise, you might be better off finding a free/sliding-scale clinic.

Good luck! ((((((((((blacwolve))))))))))

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

My mom and I just got in a huge fight about this. She said that i should just go and get all drugged up and ruin my life and I said I hated her. I've never said that before. I said I was sorry as soon as I said it but even now I still feel more angry and betrayed than anything else.
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tt&t
Member # 5600

- posted      Profile for tt&t   Email tt&t         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((blacwolve))))) Oy. [Frown] I hope you can find a way to see a doctor. I'm sorry I don't have any advice for you. Do you have free Family Planning Clinics or similar over there? Or if you are at school, a Student Health Centre? Those are where I'd go if I was in your situation, but the US healthcare system is WAY different from here.

(((((rivka))))) I had a suspicion, I must say. [Razz]

(((((Jeremy))))) [Wink] [Wink]

(((((everyone who wants)))))

Posts: 1431 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

(((((blacwolve))))) Fights with parents are rough, especially when both sides are saying things they will quickly regret. And I know this is nothing to laugh about, but my reaction to "I said I hated her. I've never said that before," was to giggle and think "Well, that's a few years overdue."

Seriously, most kids tell their parents they hate them fairly regularly throughout their adolescence -- often from well before adolescence. As long as my 10-year-old's "I HATE YOU!"s are more than balanced by her unsolicited hugs and "Mommy, I love you"s, I figure I must be doing something right.

I'm sorry your mom's view of what is the healthy thing to do is so different from yours. But I guess you'll have to take care of this issue without her help. [Frown] I'm so sorry -- that sucks big time. ((((((((((blacwolve))))))))))

(((((tt&t))))) You simply have a suspicious mind. [Big Grin]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
((((((blacwolve)))))) awww sweetie, I got in a similar fight with my mom today, but it was over classes for the coming year. It's just something we have to go through, as miserable as parents will make us
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

I was more upset because I'd never said it before, it seemed to carry a lot more weight they way.

Anyway, I think I'm going to wait for college, and I'll get free counseling through the university at least.

Zevlag
Member # 1405

- posted      Profile for Zevlag           Edit/Delete Post 
(((Kylie)))
(((Derrell)))
(((Rivka)))
(((blacwolve)))

(((everyone)))

Thanks to everyone that is still hugging, me and everyone else!

Life is crazy. Work's busy. I am avoiding an argument due to happen with my parents. Won't be heated, just disagreements, and some tender feelings. *sigh* I really am avoiding it, but I can't for too much longer.

[ July 28, 2004, 11:26 PM: Message edited by: Zevlag ]

Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((((((((blacwolve))))))))))))
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tt&t
Member # 5600

(((((rivka)))))
(((((Raia)))))
(((((blacwolve)))))
(((((breyer)))))
(((((Joshy))))))

(((((Jeremy)))))

[Frown]

Posts: 1431 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
(((blacwolve)))

I auditioned for a big part on Sunday. Got called back on Tuesday. I felt really good about it. They said I would hear by Friday. WHY HAVEN'T THEY CALLED!!! [Mad]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

((((((((((Ic)))))))))) Ah, you delurked again! [Smile] They'll call soon. It's not quite Friday yet . . .
((((((((((kylie)))))))))) Whysad? [Frown]
(((((Raia)))))
((((((((((Zevlag)))))))))) Sometimes, putting it off makes it more likely to escalate and get heated. Good luck!
((((((((((blacwolve)))))))))) Of course, the first time saying something like that is rough on everyone. Sorry I wasn't more sympathetic. College starts in a month or two for you, right? Yeah, most colleges include decent Student Health services. They should be able to help. [Smile]
(((((breyer)))))
(((((Zotto!)))))
(((((Eruve)))))
(((((imogen)))))
(((((Marek)))))
(((((Val)))))
(((((Derrell)))))
(((((Corwin)))))
(((((Anna)))))
(((((Damien)))))

(((((YOU!)))))

Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
(((blacwolve))) that sucks. [Frown]
(((rivka)))
(((kylie))) i hope it gets better soon.
(((jeremy)))
(((danny)))
(((marek)))
(((josh)))
(((icky)))
(((breyer)))
(((raia)))
(((everyone else)))

Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zevlag
Member # 1405

- posted      Profile for Zevlag           Edit/Delete Post 
((((((kylie))))))
(((((Raia)))))
(((((blacwolve)))))
(((((breyer)))))
(((((jeremy)))))
(((((Eruve)))))
(((((imogen)))))
(((((Marek)))))
(((((Val)))))
(((((Derrell)))))
(((((Corwin)))))
(((((Anna)))))
(((((Damien)))))
(((((rivka))))))

*hugz*

Posts: 2102 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
*hug blacwolve*

Parents can be very silly when it comes to their kids. Especially teenage kids and especially it seems when those kids are about to leave their control. Parents PLEASE don't do stuff like this to your kids. By the time kids reach 18 or 19 they will have their own beliefs, feelings, and opinions and having a parent try to change them or enforce the parents beliefs upon the kid at that age will only lead to fights and make the kid that much more glad to be the HECK away from the parent and out of the parents control.

(((((((Blacwolve))))))

Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

Alcon- I can't get your website to load, and you're not online, is something wrong?

(((((Alcon)))))
(((((rivka)))))
(((((Raia)))))
(((((tt&t)))))
(((((RRR)))))
(((((Zevlag)))))
(((((Icarus)))))

Alcon
Member # 6645

The website is on my laptop, which is here at Camp CAEN with me. I brought it into the labs today with me so I could work on a project I have on it. I'm on one of the lab computers right now I don't have a net connection for the iBook. When I get home from camp I'll move the site onto the server I've got running Middle Earth Mud at home so it will be up 24/7 with out worry of going down [Smile] Until then it might be a little shakey.
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

Um, right, so basically it's not going to be up all the time right now, but soon it will be?
Alcon
Member # 6645

It'll be up all the time in about a week. I think I'm going to leave my comp in the dorm for the rest of the time though, cause I didn't really use it today except to listen to music. And if I want I can turn on rLogin and access it from the labs using putty and ssh and do my coding that way. Wich I think I'll just do. So in short: it'll be in and out a little (my roommate and I have to share a single ethernet port for net connection), but should be mostly up for the next week or so, and by next weekend it should be up 24/7.
Raia
Member # 4700

Ah, I see, I was wondering earlier what happened to it... I was trying to read it!

(((((Alcon))))) I miss you.
(((((blacwolve))))) I will miss you.
(((((All my friends))))) Oy, I hate moving.
(((((Zevlag, Kylie, rivka, and the others who hug me))))) Thank you.

This is my last full day in the country... today I had to say goodbye to one of my very very very best friends, my closest friend (besides Notorious Shira!!)... I know I whine a lot, and I will probably have a great time once I'm in Israel, but right now I REALLY don't want to leave. [Frown]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Raia))) Have a good time and don't forget to write, er email while you're in Israel. Change is stressful. Once you get there and get settled in, you'll enjoy it. [Smile]

edited for spelling.

[ July 30, 2004, 05:49 PM: Message edited by: Derrell ]

Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

*WAVE WAVE WAVE Raia*
(((((((((((((Raia))))))))))))))))
I'm gonna miss you alot... :/

Btw, the page should be back up now, and should stay stable as my roommate and I got a hub and I'm not planning on moving my ibook again [Smile] So you should be fine getting to it.

rivka
Member # 4859

Tzetzchem l'shalom, Raia! Safe flights, and easy landings. [Smile] (((((Raia)))))
Icarus
Member # 3162

So Friday's over . . . and I still don't know. (Which most likely means the answer is no, but I felt so good about my odds after the callback.)

*mope*

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

[Cry] I... could use a hug...

[Cry] [Cry] [Cry]

I REALLY could use a hug.

Thanks to you guys. Sorry to be eternally asking for more.

blacwolve
Member # 2972

((((Raia)))) What's wrong? Get online if you want to talk about it, although I think you're already on the phone with Alcon...
tt&t
Member # 5600

(((((Raia))))) [Frown] Never be sorry for asking. That's what we're here for. (((((Raia)))))
(((((blacwolve)))))
(((((rivka))))))
(((((Icky))))) Aww. I'm sorry.
(((((Joshy)))))
(((((Sawah)))))
(((((Alcon)))))
(((((Derrell)))))

(((((Jeremy))))) [Kiss]

Derrell
Member # 6062

(((Raia)))
(((rivka)))
(((Shan)))
(((Eruve)))
(((Theca)))
(((Kylie)))
(((Icarus)))
(((Zevlag)))
(((Zotto)))

[Group Hug] Everyone [Group Hug]

Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
((((((((kylie)))))))) I hope you feel better. [Frown]
Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tt&t
Member # 5600

(((((Sawah))))) [Smile] Thanks.
(((((rivka)))))
(((((Raia))))) Hope you're feeling better!
(((((Joshy)))))
(((((Derrell)))))
(((((blacwolve)))))
(((((breyer)))))
(((((Icky))))) Did you hear anything?
(((((Alcon)))))

(((((Jeremy))))) [Taunt]

rivka
Member # 4859

((((((((((Ic)))))))))) [Frown] I'm sorry. Here's hoping you DID get it and they're just running behind schedule.
((((((((((Raia)))))))))) Hope you're doing better. You must be on a plane right now. Hope you settle in ok!
(((((blacwolve)))))
(((((tt&t)))))
(((((Derrell)))))
(((((RRR)))))
(((((Alcon)))))
(((((Zevlag)))))
(((((breyer)))))
(((((Zotto!)))))
(((((Eruve)))))
(((((imogen)))))
(((((Marek)))))
(((((Val)))))
(((((Corwin)))))
(((((Anna)))))
(((((Damien)))))

[Group Hug] Hatrack [Group Hug]

Raia
Member # 4700

Well, I'm here... and my suitcases aren't.

Our plane landed around 3:30 local time today, but we were on three different planes, and both connections were really tight, so our suitcases didn't make it. The first day here, and we spent it in the Jerusalem shopping mall, buying toothrbushes and underwear and stuff. Fun fun.

Anyway, it's getting late, and I'm really jetlagged, and I have to register at the university tomorrow morning, so I'll keep you guys updated on what's going on!

(((((((((Hatrack))))))))))) You are all wonderful, thank you for the hugs. Hopefully things will start to look up a bit from here. [Dont Know]

Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
((((Raia)))) A beginning is always difficult. I hope this turns into an interesting and beautiful experience for you !

[Group Hug] Everybody [Group Hug]

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MacBeth
Member # 5670

- posted      Profile for MacBeth   Email MacBeth         Edit/Delete Post 
*ick*
See lovemongering [Wall Bash]

Posts: 143 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

(((Raia))) I'm glad you made it safely, even if your luggage didn't.
Icarus
Member # 3162

(((tt&t)))
(((Derrell)))
(((rivka)))
macbeth [Confused]

The director called yesterday while I was out and would not tell Cor either way. I waited for her to try again last night, but she did not, and she has not called yet today. I imagine she will definitely call tonight though, especially given that the first rehearsal is tomorrow.

I can think of scenarios why it could be either way. Maybe they waited to call me because they knew they wanted me and wanted to fill some of the harder roles for them first. Or maybe they did not prefer me, and were waiting to hear from their first choice first. Or maybe they call all the yeses before all the noes. Or maybe all the noes before the yeses. Maybe they are considering me for a different part, thought that is extremely unlikely, as I am not a dancer. Maybe they don't want me for the part I want, but they want me to be a pit singer (which I don't think I want to do, but I need to take a part sooner or later, and they are short on vocal talent for this show). [Confused] I could still get good news . . .

breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((((((((((((((((((raia)))))))))))))))))))))))))

Oh sweetie, I hope all has gone well since the last time I talked to you, IM me whenever you can get online from Israel.

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

((((((((((Raia)))))))))) I guess not everyone does what my parents taught me: Always assume that your luggage would be 24 hours behind you for all overseas flights; therefore always pack a change of clothes (including undergarments), toothbrush, and toiletries in your carry-on. Makes unscheduled stop-overs in the middle of Nowheresville simpler too.

Then again, this way you get new stuff. [Wink] Hope the jetlag wears off quickly. And Corwin is right -- kol hatchalot kashot! (((((Raia)))))
(((((Corwin)))))
(((((Derrell)))))
(((((Ic))))) Here's hoping for good news!
(((((breyer)))))

(((((you!)))))

Raia
Member # 4700

August 3rd, 2004 -- Update!

Life has been pretty crazy the past few days, starting with our suitcases not arriving on our plane. One of my suitcases finally got here yesterday, the other is still hasn't been found. Lovely!

To add to the loveliness, one of my roommates (we only have one actual roommate we sleep with, but the dorms are basically apartment buildings with little two bedroom apartments, so I actually technically have three roommates, or flatmates, if you prefer), not the one I sleep with, but one of the other ones... smokes. So I went to ask to be switched to another dorm yesterday (I'm not particularly fond of my current roommate either, we have a few communication problems) but that didn't work. Apparently she's under strict instruction not to smoke (you can see how effective that was, since my current roommate found out about her filthy habit within a half hour of checking in, andshe checked in before me). Anyway, if it gets bad I'llhave to do something about it!

I had my first classes today! They were fun, though the second one had a lot of Hebrew grammar in it,which I don't like as much as the actual Hebrewculture studies. But it was still fun. I haven't eaten anything all day (it's after 6:00 pm here) and for some odd reason, I'm not bothered by this at all... I don't feel more than even the tiniest tinge of hunger. But ya know, that's how it goes. *shrug*

I haven't really made many friends here yet, there are a few friendly people I've chatted with, but I haven't gotten to know yet. And some of the ones I've met are all in beginning Hebrew classes (we met at orientations and stuff) and I'll be spending the majority of my time (certainly all class time) with the advanced kids. So I don't get to see those guys much. But that's alright, I haven't really grown attached to them or anything! This is only the first real day of the program, yesterday was just registration, and general shambles.

Anyway, that was a bit long, sorry everyone! (((((((((((((((((((All of you))))))))))))))))))))))) I'll try to make my updates shorter in future. [Blushing]

(edit: Stupid spelling)

[ August 03, 2004, 11:44 AM: Message edited by: Raia ]

Anti-Christ
Member # 5714

- posted      Profile for Anti-Christ           Edit/Delete Post 
(((((Raia))))) Told you things would look up when you left. :} And about the smoker.... punch...in the face. haCHA! *punches* Likeso.

The D.

[ August 03, 2004, 11:49 AM: Message edited by: Anti-Christ ]

Posts: 125 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

(((Raia)))
rivka
Member # 4859

(((((Raia))))) Long updates are cool with me! [Smile] As far as the smoking apartment-mate (I had a similar arrangement when I was in seminary -- one roommate, and two other pairs of apartment-mates), start keeping a log of when she smokes. (Assuming she doesn't actually stop.) Then you can show that to the housing department if/when you have to go back and try to get switched again.
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((Raia))))) I'm glad they found one of your suitcases, I hope they find the other one soon. Good luck with your classes, you'll probably get used to it after a couple of days. Sorry about the smoker, I know that can be really aggravating. (((((Raia)))))
Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
drumsntolkein
Member # 6095

- posted      Profile for drumsntolkein           Edit/Delete Post 
((((((((Raia)))))))) good luck!
Posts: 76 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

(((((Alcon)))))
(((((d'n't)))))
(((((sawah)))))
(((((breyer)))))
(((((Zotto!)))))
(((((Eruve)))))
(((((imogen)))))
(((((Marek)))))
(((((Derrell)))))
(((((Corwin)))))
(((((Anna)))))
(((((Damien)))))
(((((Ic))))) Did you ever hear about the play?
(((((kylie)))))
(((((Raia)))))
(((((Zevlag)))))
(((((blacwolve)))))

(((((all of y'all)))))

Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
My little brother came home last night. [Big Grin] He's so cute trying to walk on crutches, he only goes a few inches at a time.

Sending my happy vibes to (((((((everybody))))))).

(sorry there are no personalized hugs. I'm not supposed to be on the computer right now. [Wink] )

[ August 05, 2004, 09:05 AM: Message edited by: Eruve Nandiriel ]

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
*hugs everyone* I love that this thread is here.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zotto!
Member # 4689

- posted      Profile for Zotto!   Email Zotto!         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Kat))) Hatrack would be much poorer if YOU weren't here, Kat. [Smile]

(((Derrel, riv, Raia, Eruve, Zev, and all manner of assorted hug-thread regulars))) You guys are awesome. [Smile]

(((Kylie))) [Kiss]

(((Hatrack))) I haven't been on here much, but this place has always been here for me. Thanks, Uncle Orson and Kristine! And all the people here, who make it awesome. [Smile]

Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Did Icarus get the part?

((Raia))

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kyrie
Member # 6415

- posted      Profile for kyrie   Email kyrie         Edit/Delete Post 
well, hello all!

Im back from Italy (when I say back I do not meen in the usa yet.. im in england for my uncles wedding for the next 10 days).
I had no internet acces in Italy and so am just now catching up on all the events of the summer.
Time to go eat dinner now, but I thought I should drop in and say hi [Smile]

Posts: 264 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 49 pages: 1  2  3  ...  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.