FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » New members post here! (Page 21)

This topic comprises 22 pages: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21  22   
Author Topic: New members post here!
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Hatrack welcome to cheezecake214, Schwartz, Sage Zander, GodSpoken, and MightyCow.

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deceased House
Member # 9388

- posted      Profile for Deceased House   Email Deceased House         Edit/Delete Post 
oooo I didn't know I was supposed to post here, this thread must have been on a different page. Well I introduced myself under "Noob Alert!!!" so read that then.

Anyways I am a kid in highschool, I read, write (not with proper grammar of course), use my computer and like to program. Uhhm, i found OSC by an autistic kid at school(semi-autism) and he showed me the book(Ender's Game)and from there i just fell in love with his writing. I have read:

Ender's Game
Ender's Shadow
Speaker For the Dead
Xenocide
Children of the mind
(short story) Homeless in Heaven
The Memory of Earth
The Call of Earth
The Ships of earth
Shadow of the Hegeomn
Shadow Puppets
(short story) Atlantis
(short story) Ender's Game
Treasure Box <---- good one read it!!
The Worthing Chronicles<---my fav
Treason
Wyrms
EarhtFall
EarthBorn
<in this order>

I havent read the Alvin Maker series yet, I am waiting untill I can properly devote my time to it.

Neither have I read Shadow of the Giant. I just havent been able to get my grimy little hands on it.

Posts: 59 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blaine
Member # 9412

- posted      Profile for Blaine   Email Blaine         Edit/Delete Post 
Word. First post from Houston TX. It's my brother's fault for giving me Seventh Son to read when I was 11. Now I'm 25 and my wife is sick of seeing the name ORSON SCOTT CARD dominate our bookshelf.
Posts: 13 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David C.
Member # 9415

- posted      Profile for David C.           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure who will read this, with over 1000 messages on this topic, but....

My name is David. I've been living in Vienna, VA for the past 12+ years. Before that, I grew up in northern NJ. I've been working as a computer software developer since graduating college in 1991.

I'm an avid Sci-Fi fan, and have read almost all of OSC's novels. While I definitely prefer some to others, I can honestly say that I have enjoyed every one of them, including those that are not in any way Sci-Fi (like Saints and the Women of Genesis series.)

My favorite OSC novels are Songmaster, Hart's Hope, the Homecoming series, and Pastwatch.

My favorite novels from other authors include Frank Herbert's Dune series (and I actually enjoyed all six novels), Isaac Asimov's Foundation series, Arthur C. Clarke's Rama series, and Kim Stanley Robins' Red/Blue/Green Mars trilogy.

In the movie/TV medium, my favorites are Babylon 5, the many Star Trek programs (especially DS9 and Enterprise), Firefly, Dr. Who, Minority Report and Memento.

My other interests are computers, music, my religion (Judaism) and karaoke.

Posts: 6 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

- posted      Profile for Flaming Toad on a Stick   Email Flaming Toad on a Stick         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the site, David.
Posts: 1594 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Blaine! Another Houstonian, glad to hear it. I thought I was the only one. Welcome to the rack!
Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 9506

- posted      Profile for 777           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm an 18-year-old from Hollister, CA, without much experience in the real world or life due to my past four years in homeschool.

Not that I regret homeschooling in any way, but I think it's time for me to step out the closet and start participating in discussions and debates like the average human being. I'd rather get this kind of experience here and now rather than wait until I head out on a mission in a year's time, and have no idea what I'm talking about.

So, I've been living out here among the farmers for about six years now, after moving from my 12-year stay in good ol' Minnesota (GO EDINA!).

Favorite hobbies: Currently, I tend to hang around these forums without any say in any of the discussions, but I'd like that to change pretty quick. Other than that, I am an avid PC gamer without any expertise in any genre, and a dedicated writer who has as of yet to pick up pencil and paper. I don't get out much, in case you're wondering.

TV: I don't watch much, but what I do watch generally tends to remain within the family boundaries of DisneyTV and Discovery/TLC. However, I do like Monk and The X-Files.

Religion/beliefs: Yep, I'm one o' them baby-eating Mormons. Pass the veal! [Wink]

Fiction: OSC's works are always great (I'm working on Crystal City at the moment), but I also love Tolkein, some Robert Jordan--not too excessive--and C.S. Lewis.

Music: I'm a sucker for U2, even though I've never bought a single album--I go for the individual hits on iTunes rather than buy a lot of filler. Other than U2, though, there are a variety of fine singles that I love. If I hear an excellent song on the radio, I'll add it to my list.

So I hope to be able to add something meaningful to the forums. I probably won't post all that much, but I might loosen up after a hundred posts. No guarantees.

Posts: 292 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 9506

- posted      Profile for 777           Edit/Delete Post 
--I'm a guy, by the way, if you were wondering after my last post.

And if you're wondering about my name, I chose 777 for a couple reasons: my first, middle, and last names have seven letters each, while my BSA troop is also 777.

Posts: 292 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mix-up
Member # 9512

- posted      Profile for Mix-up   Email Mix-up         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in the DC area and boy do I wish I had found this site a few years ago!

I've been obsessed since Ender's Game caught my eye at the library when I was 7 or 8. Since then I've read all of the Ender's Game books many many times. (I actually have more than one copy of Ender's game... I read my first copy too often...) My favorite of these is Ender's Shadow; Ender's Game is really great, but the way that Shadow builds on it is absolutly amazing... IMO.

I've also read the Alvin Maker series and like them quite a bit. Any suggestions on which series I should start next?

Posts: 33 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DDDaysh
Member # 9499

- posted      Profile for DDDaysh   Email DDDaysh         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, I'm new here as well. Like so many others I got started with Ender's Game. Actually, I got started by REFUSTING to read Ender's Game because EVERYONE said I should. I'm stubborn like that, or I was anyway. Finally, I broke down and read it (all in one night) and found it really good. I quickly finished the rest of the Ender Saga. However, what really hooked me on Card was when I read his biography and the biography he wrote for his son. Anyone who had gone through THAT much in life and STILL maintain a positive outlook had to have something to say. I kept reading him and fell in love with his Homecomming series (still my favorite). I think I've read just about everything I can find with the exception of a few books that I can't bring myself to finish for personal reasons. I am anxiously awaiting the new Wives of Israel book, and think his idea for a new Ender book could be interesting. In the meantime, I'll probably just read Homecomming over and over and over again (it's always my standby). Oh yeah, I'm 24 and a single Mom from San Antonio Texas. I have a beautiful two-year-old boy and he has a five-year-old sister that we still see every week (she lives with their grandparents)who is the second jewel of my life. Kids are the most wonderful things in the world, and the scariest. That's the other thing I love about Card... Both my kids almost died the first year I was with them (step-daughter had cancer, son was born with severe pulminary problems) and the values and experiences he pours into his books have helped me feel less alone and learn to put things in their propper place. I love this board!
Posts: 1321 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ionienne
Member # 9393

- posted      Profile for Ionienne   Email Ionienne         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey everybody I am new too (even if I already posted once here).
I am French and I a last year (even last days!!) Business School student. And I am looking for finding a job in North America next year... If you have any idea!!!
Well, I began reading OSC through Ender's game as so many people. But how I discovered it was quite fun actually. I was in the bookshop, looking quite desesperately at the sci-fi section and a small man just popped up and told me to buy and read Ender's game. It was quite fun because he was very serious, nearly imposing me to read it. The summary on the cover was not so good, but something pushed me to buy it.. good spirit! I just loved it, and after having read many of his books I am still a great fan [Smile] Sometimes I dream it was OSC himself that came to advice me. Maybe it was just his French editor haha!

Posts: 16 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Mix-up:
I'm in the DC area and boy do I wish I had found this site a few years ago!

....Any suggestions on which series I should start next?

Welcome, Mix-up! Try some of Card's one-off books--Wyrms, Pastwatch, and Enchantment are all quite good. Or if you're looking for different authors who have that certain something in common with Card, give Octavia Bulter a try. I'd recommend starting with her either Wildseed or Dawn.

777, DDDaysh, Ionienne, welcome to all of you as well!

777, I've seen you a bit on the "other side", and it looks like your acclimating just fine! Hope to see more of you in the debates over there.

Daysh, this is a pretty parent friendly place; You'll find a lot of people on that "other side" I was talking about who are collectively a great resource for a parent, both in terms of advice and in terms of adult company.

Ionienne, I love the idea of a book-recommending gnome. Maybe he could live inside a hollow freestanding bookshelf? He could have a knack for always knowing what book would most appeal to the person browsing his shelf. What are you wanting to do in N. America, exactly? Are you more interested living in Canada, the US, or Mexico? I'm guessing one of the first two, since your English seems so good, but for all I know you're equally fluent in Spanish.

[ June 20, 2006, 12:59 PM: Message edited by: Noemon ]

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeesh
Member # 9163

- posted      Profile for Jeesh           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by 777:
I'm a sucker for U2

[Big Grin] Join the club

*Sings to self*

Grace finds goodness, in everything...

Posts: 1164 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ionienne
Member # 9393

Noemon, your book-recommending gnome living inside a hollow freestanding bookshelf idea is really cool! A bit Harry Potter maybe, I like it. Also, where I lived in Brittany there are those magic creatures called Korrigans that look like Irish Leprechauns, could be one of them!

I am looking for a job in the US or Canada, even if I do speak a little of Spanish. I did a Business School and I have few experiences in marketing and management of projects, I'd like to go on this way. Do any of you have any ideas of where I should look (websites, forums, companies to contact...)? Your countries are just so attractive for me and I love discovering!!
Anyway, this may not be the best place to talk about my personnal projects...

Posts: 16 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

quote:
Originally posted by Ionienne:
Noemon, your book-recommending gnome living inside a hollow freestanding bookshelf idea is really cool! A bit Harry Potter maybe, I like it. Also, where I lived in Brittany there are those magic creatures called Korrigans that look like Irish Leprechauns, could be one of them!

Could be! Tell me about Korrigans, if you would; I'm not familiar with fairy-type folk beliefs in Brittany, but I'd love to know more.

::makes note to look up Korrigans in some of my reference books tonight::

quote:
Do any of you have any ideas of where I should look (websites, forums, companies to contact...)? Your countries are just so attractive for me and I love discovering!!
Anyway, this may not be the best place to talk about my personnal projects...

Well, beyond the obvious (Monster.com and that sort of thing) I don't have any ideas off the top of my head, but I'll think about it and let you know if I come up with anything good. It might be a good idea to start a thread asking about it on the other side, since A)it's more widely read than this side, and B) it would be on-topic for that side of Hatrack.

Have you thought about trying to get a job with a French company that has branches in the US?

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ionienne
Member # 9393

quote:
It might be a good idea to start a thread asking about it on the other side
Just done it!
Noemon
Member # 1115

[Smile] So I see! Looks like you're getting some good suggestions.
xray
Member # 9553

- posted      Profile for xray   Email xray         Edit/Delete Post 
hello hatrack forum [Wave] , i live in Atlanta, GA. im 17 years old and i am about to start college. i spend most my time on a computer or in a book, i am a big fan of Mr. Card's work and look forward to more. well i guess thats all i can think of right now but if anyone wants to know more feel free to ask. im a very freindly person and look forward to joining in the discussions.

-Xray

Posts: 12 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome, xray, and other less recent newbies! [Wave]
Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
*bump*

...so we can meet the newly arrived members. [Smile]

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dark as night
Member # 9577

- posted      Profile for Dark as night   Email Dark as night         Edit/Delete Post 
This is a cool thread. Since I didn't see it before, I'll take the chance now to introduce myself. I'm 25, currently live in Richmond, VA where I am attending grad school, learning the art and craft of anesthesia. Grew up in Russia and lived in Idaho and Utah for a few years before moving East. My first name (Leila) means "dark as night" in Arabic.

I got introduced to "Ender's Game" while at Ricks College and has been an avid fan of OSC ever since. "Enchantment" is one of my favorite stand-alones because of its beautiful depiction of Russian folklore, which is very dear and special to me.

Posts: 155 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
[Wave]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
Fascinating history you have there (I just about typed Dan, but that wouldn't exactly work, would it? [Razz] ). Were you born in Russia? Or rather, are you Russian? Or ... Arabic? I confess, you have me curious.

Regardless, welcome and I hope you enjoy Hatrack as much as I do [Smile] .

Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, Leila, welcome to the 'rack! "Dark as night", eh? Veeeery cool. [Cool]
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dark as night
Member # 9577

- posted      Profile for Dark as night   Email Dark as night         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the welcome! Dr. Strangelove, I was born in Russia, but I am ethnically
Tatar.

As for my name, there is an ancient Arabic legend (of the Romeo & Juliet type), and the heroine's name is Leila. It was my dad's favorite love story...

[ October 25, 2006, 07:31 PM: Message edited by: Dark as night ]

Posts: 155 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Welcome to Leila and all the other newbies!

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeeshkid
Member # 9885

- posted      Profile for jeeshkid           Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, I'm in middle school. I live in the U.S. Ender's Game was the first sci fi book I ever read. I have read Ender's Game, Speaker for the Dead, Xenocide, the first few chapters of Children of the Mind (I lost it [Eek!] [Cry] ), Enders Shadow, Shodow of the Hegemon, Shadow Puppets, Shadow of the Giant, the first few chapters of the first Homecoming book, and Treason. This is the second time I have tried to use this site and it worked. The first time I used my school e-mail and I think my shool sensored (sp) the e-mail with my password.
Posts: 28 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
I Am The War Chief
Member # 9266

- posted      Profile for I Am The War Chief   Email I Am The War Chief         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome jeeshkid and dont worry about censorship here [Wink]
Posts: 201 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeesh
Member # 9163

- posted      Profile for Jeesh           Edit/Delete Post 
*Gasps*

Are you... me?

*Dramatic music plays in the background*

Posts: 1164 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris63084
Member # 9873

- posted      Profile for Chris63084   Email Chris63084         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, i'm a little late in posting, but here it goes.
My name is Chris, I'm from scranton, PA USA
i've read all of ender/bean quartets, the alvin maker series, and homecoming to book 4(on book 5 now)
i think that osc is one of the best writers out there. and this seems like a pretty cool communtiy, i look foreward to becoming a part of it.
Chris

Posts: 14 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

jeeshkid -- you should read the Alvin Maker series if you haven't done that yet (begins with Seventh Son) I'll bet you like them.

FG

jeeshkid
Member # 9885

- posted      Profile for jeeshkid           Edit/Delete Post 
I've been meaning to but at Boarders you have to order it.
Posts: 28 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
talsmitde
Member # 9780

- posted      Profile for talsmitde   Email talsmitde         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi there! I've posted here a few times, lurked for a few months, so I figured it's high time I introduce myself.

I'm one of those lucky few from Delaware. I'm a senior, history major, applying to grad school in history. I got my start on OSC in fourth grade when some other kids were teasing me and my sister started telling me stories about what Ender did in such situations. I've read all of the Ender/Bean, Alvin, and Homecoming series and about half of the stand-alones (Enchantment is definitely my fav.)

Posts: 100 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GreyLady
Member # 9893

- posted      Profile for GreyLady   Email GreyLady         Edit/Delete Post 
Um...hi?

I'm a 14 year old girl who is perpetually buried under a pile books and randomly becomes worshipful of OSC. I'm eclectic (and eccentric, come to think of it) and somewhat obsessed with tragedy. I'm a devotee of the Harry Potter books, but think the movies are trash. I also happen to be a pseudo-intellectual and fight valiantly against it, but alas, the worst part of my nature triumphs more often than not. [Wink] I'm addicted to MuggleNet Fan Fiction (Harry Potter fanfiction) which has the best quality of fanfiction on the web (the only quality, really) and their forums are <3.

The OSC books that I have read are the Ender/Bean series, though my goal is to read all his novels. I'm reading Women of Genesis right now and have Pastwatch, Enchantment, and Homebody on my bedroom floor. I will also take this opportunity to say that I will most likely be a sporadic poster; for you see, I'm in love with MNFF and this little affair will have to be carried out on the sly... [Wink]

Posts: 1 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to Hatrack, talsmitde and GreyLady! [Wave]

quote:
Originally posted by GreyLady:
. . . which has the best quality of fanfiction on the web (the only quality, really) and their forums are <3.

Them's fightin' words! It may be among the best HP fanfic sites. But the Lois & Clark fanfic archives and forum, not to mention several Stargate sites, can kick its tushie. [Big Grin]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
I Am The War Chief
Member # 9266

- posted      Profile for I Am The War Chief   Email I Am The War Chief         Edit/Delete Post 
Jeesh to Jeeshkid - Jeeshkid I am your father
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Posts: 201 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SethLaRoth DeShawl
Member # 9901

- posted      Profile for SethLaRoth DeShawl   Email SethLaRoth DeShawl         Edit/Delete Post 
Greetings all, This seems to be one long list of introductions so I will be brief, I first read Ender's Game back when I was a sophomore at Wyoming Park High School in 2002. I am 20 years of age and I am also a member of the United States Armed Forces, in the Marine Corps stationed at Camp Lejuene, 2D MLG HQ co. (FWD).
Ender's Game was what had got me to thinking about the military as a career. I have since of course read the rest of them and I am extremely interested in the upcoming EiE and SiF. That is if anyoone can verify that these will eventually be produced at one point or another. Also, there have been quite a grand number of internet rumors as well concerning an Ender's Game movie. I would like to know if these are perhaps serious or just a massive number of jokes and misinformation?

On an unrelated note, I am also interested in Theology, MetaPhysics, and various other hobbies such as the collecting of authentic swords from many different eras, it is probably the most expensive hobby of mine with the exception of reading.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
airmanfour
Member # 6111

- posted      Profile for airmanfour           Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome! Putter around the forum a bit and all of your questions will be answered as far as they can be.
Posts: 1156 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Oy! 99 more members to 10,000!

Welcome Seth.

I'm curious as to what swords you current have? I've recently gotten into some collecting of swords myself, though mine are far more decorative than functional. I have several of the United Cutlery reproduction swords from the LOTR movies (though still not the ones I REALLY want).

Do you collect like old French rapiers, medieval broadswords, Japanese katanas, officer swords from more modern times?

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JediLow
Member # 9929

- posted      Profile for JediLow   Email JediLow         Edit/Delete Post 
I've lurked in the forums on and off for a few years... finally registered (though I think I had registered previous sometime) and posted.

I first received Ender's Game from my sister as a birthday present sometime around when I was 13... since then I've picked up and read almost all of OSC's novels (there's one or two that I've missed, but that'll be corrected soon enough).

Posts: 3 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tyler
Member # 9930

- posted      Profile for Tyler   Email Tyler         Edit/Delete Post 
My name is Tyler, I am 18, i live in Bend, Oregon, but am currently studying at a Bible College in Eugene Oregon.

well, i've been reading card consistantly for 3 years now, i think ive read about half of his books, about 2/3's of his short stories.

Posts: 34 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Hello Tyler! Welcome to Hatrack!

Which of his books have you read, and what brought you to here?

Farmgirl

No1 Beats DRAGON
Member # 9912

- posted      Profile for No1 Beats DRAGON   Email No1 Beats DRAGON         Edit/Delete Post 
hi my name is Erin! i'm 13 years old and live in Louisville Kentucky. i have only read the Ender/Bean series, but i love them! im reading Pastwatch and i requseted a couple OSC books from the library.

[ December 05, 2006, 12:55 PM: Message edited by: No1 Beats DRAGON ]

Posts: 4 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tyler
Member # 9930

quote:
Originally posted by Farmgirl:

Farmgirl

i've read all the ender/bean, all the memory of earth, all published short stories, worthing saga(and the original hot sleep) seventh son, saints, folk on the fringe, harts hope, enchantment, treasure box, lovelock...the list goes on

i think ive read everything except some of the women of the old testament books, and Empire, and i think thats all i havent read. i could be wrong, i havent looked at a comprehensive list of published works.

Posts: 34 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tyler
Member # 9930

quote:
Originally posted by Farmgirl:

Farmgirl

i've read all the ender/bean, all the memory of earth, all published short stories, worthing saga(and the original hot sleep) seventh son, saints, folk on the fringe, harts hope, enchantment, treasure box, lovelock...the list goes on

i think ive read everything except some of the women of the old testament books, and Empire, and i think thats all i havent read. i could be wrong, i havent looked at a comprehensive list of published works.

as far as what brought me here, i've been meaning to join a forum group for a while, but i just finally decided here because of mentions in the intros of some of OSC's books.

Nikisknight
Member # 8918

- posted      Profile for Nikisknight   Email Nikisknight         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I've made a few scattered posts, but not here so here goes (is it okay if I haven't read the whole thread? [Wink] )

Nikisknight, Randy Miller.
I've been an OSC fan since reading Memory of Earth in High School, and have read most everything else, except lost boys and a few of the Alvin series. I've also turned on my wife and friend to OSC.

I'm 25, married for 2.25 years. Work as a lab technician currently, previously taught chemistry. I'm friendly but quiet in person. [Smile]

Posts: 105 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taiin
Member # 9950

- posted      Profile for Taiin   Email Taiin         Edit/Delete Post 
I've read every book by OSC I could get my hands on. He's a master. [Smile]

Hiya!

Posts: 3 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Captioneer
Member # 9966

- posted      Profile for Captioneer   Email Captioneer         Edit/Delete Post 
My name is Scott, and I currently live in Provo, but I still claim California as home. I've been reading Orson Scott Card for almost 20 years now.
Posts: 2 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jester987
Member # 9977

- posted      Profile for jester987   Email jester987         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey all,

I'm Jeremy... playwright and aspiring novelist.

I've been reading these posts for a while, and figured what the hey, it was time I added my own two cents...

DDDaysh
Member # 9499

- posted      Profile for DDDaysh   Email DDDaysh         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome everyone. I agree with you Taiin, should we start calling him "Master Card" now?
Posts: 1321 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 22 pages: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21  22   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.