FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Alright, I'll show you mine, if you'll show me yours (Page 2)

This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  14  15  16   
Author Topic: Alright, I'll show you mine, if you'll show me yours
JohnKeats
Member # 1261

- posted      Profile for JohnKeats           Edit/Delete Post 
WOW -- JENIWREN WHISTLED AT ME!!!

wohoo!

Karl - I'm looking through my computer to send you my pictures at this moment. I hope we can have some kind of thing for tomorrow, because I'd really love to show people my pictures from my trip to Europe.

Posts: 4350 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JohnKeats
Member # 1261

KASIE!

Do you live in KC, TOO??? (The one on the far right has a KC hat on)

Posts: 4350 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
JK, (and all), I'm working 3rd shift (10p-6a)tonight (after working all day today). After I get a nap, I'll see if I can get something working as far as an album is concerned.

I've only received 2 photos emailed so far. If anyone else wants their photo in the album, please either send a copy via email, or send an email requesting to be added to the album, with a link to the photo you want me to use.

If this works well, maybe we can expand and each have a personal page with a short bio, or whatever.

Ideas welcome.

Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LetoII
Member # 2413

- posted      Profile for LetoII   Email LetoII         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I don't know how many count me as a 'friend', considering my relatively short time here, but may as well see me.

Me # 1

From a friend's webcam

Me trying to look impressive

What I look like at work

I can't find any more. Sorry for the poor quality of the photos, but they were all done for fun (I don't like looking for photo ops anywhere), so quality wasn't an issue.

Karl, you can use any of the above (I leave it to your artistic integrity). Just don't link them directly, if you do. I don't know how much longer I'll have that space.

[This message has been edited by LetoII (edited September 27, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by LetoII (edited September 27, 2001).]

Posts: 477 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, I was going to post a link to a picture of myself, only to discover that the Crosswinds site I use for my photo albums has apparently suffered some kind of massive failure and lost all my data. I'm livid.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bonduca
Member # 2011

- posted      Profile for bonduca   Email bonduca         Edit/Delete Post 
Tom, not all your Europe pics? They were great.
Posts: 4494 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi! I do have a digital camera, but no website. I'll send them to the Hatrack Album whenever somebody sets it up. There is a picture of me on Hatrack, though. John Keats and Slash the Berserker are in there, too. And the Flying Cow.

http://www.hatrack.com/misc/sightings/index.shtml

It's the Literary Boot Camp photo. I'm the small, disembodied head with brown hair and a big smile. Keats is in the front with a baseball cap. The Flying Cow has a black t-shirt and curly hair on his head. If we look tired, it's because we were.

Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bonduca
Member # 2011

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/sabrinafair099/vwp?.dir=/Bonduca&.src=ph&.dnm=Me.gif&.view=t&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/bc/sabrinafair099/lst%3f%26.dir=/Bonduca%26.src=ph%26.view=t

Posts: 4494 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, ALL the pics. Honeymoon, Paris, Halloween....All of 'em.

Luckily, I've got the vast majority backed up to CD -- and the ones I don't have backed up (like the wedding pics), I'll just have to rescan.

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LetoII
Member # 2413

- posted      Profile for LetoII   Email LetoII         Edit/Delete Post 
I liked that, Boduca. Very cute. I know someone who absolutely loves Curious George. She even names all of her pets George!
Posts: 477 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jRc
Member # 1335

- posted      Profile for jRc   Email jRc         Edit/Delete Post 
Bonduca, you don't look quite like I expected.
Posts: 563 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bonduca
Member # 2011

(looks puzzled) but I told everyone I had brown hair.....
jRc
Member # 1335

Well, no, I mean, I thought your hair would be darker...

*ducks*

Posts: 563 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JohnKeats
Member # 1261

Well I think she looks just like I expected -- except I thought she would look a little more female than that. ::shrugs:: Luck of the draw, I guess. Some poeple just don't have it. Sorry bonduca.
Jeffrey Getzin
Member # 1972

- posted      Profile for Jeffrey Getzin           Edit/Delete Post 
John,

Actually, it's a little known fact that Curious George was originally a female in his/her original incarnation. When the author moved to the USA, Fifi (I think) was changed to George.

Jeff

Posts: 1692 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeffrey Getzin
Member # 1972

- posted      Profile for Jeffrey Getzin           Edit/Delete Post 
P.S. I've seen a real photo of Bonduca. It's a very good likeness, only Bonduca is a bit cuter.

Posts: 1692 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Bowles
Member # 1021

- posted      Profile for David Bowles   Email David Bowles         Edit/Delete Post 
you can see me and all the rest of the Bowles tribe at www.memedeme.com/moi/family.htm
Posts: 5663 | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jRc
Member # 1335

DB--Very good-looking family! I must say, you look completely different from how I first pictured you...but you do look the part of an English teacher.
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
DB-- What an excruciatingly beautiful family you have! Any Pictures of the boy?
Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Bowles
Member # 1021

- posted      Profile for David Bowles   Email David Bowles         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, Olivet: www.memedeme.com/moi/angelo.htm
Posts: 5663 | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Irami Osei-Frimpong
Member # 2229

- posted      Profile for Irami Osei-Frimpong   Email Irami Osei-Frimpong         Edit/Delete Post 
I have to agree with Olivet. Your family looks like a group of genetically engineered models.
Posts: 5600 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Bowles
Member # 1021

Wow. You're pretty cute yourself <nudge, nudge>

Seriously, I am about as lucky as a guy can get. If I were a theist, I would give thanks to God!

JohnKeats
Member # 1261

Oh, surely you have some reasons to be pissed off at the almighty.
David Bowles
Member # 1021

Well, I could've been taller...
JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, scratch this, go look at Ela's picture below. That is how I really look, except my hair is longer now.

~Jane~

[This message has been edited by JaneX (edited September 30, 2001).]

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bonduca
Member # 2011

Don't be silly, you look adorable. There's some weird guy behind you, though.
JaneX
Member # 2026

Well, if you think that's cute, just wait till you see me looking semi-normal!

~Jane~

Edit: Sorry, bonduca, I edited my post and now yours looks silly. But I really hated that picture...Ela's is much better.

[This message has been edited by JaneX (edited September 30, 2001).]

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anvair
Member # 2466

- posted      Profile for Anvair   Email Anvair         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok... here is my picture gallery, made fresh at 12:30 on a night when I'm not terribly awake...

This is CJ.

[Edited because I'm an edit... the link actually works now... -_- ]

[Edited because I'm an IDIOT... further proof.... *big sigh...*]

-CJ

[This message has been edited by Anvair (edited September 29, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Anvair (edited September 30, 2001).]

Posts: 129 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haunted
Member # 1869

- posted      Profile for Haunted   Email Haunted         Edit/Delete Post 
grrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaahhhhhh

::fades into the room. blinks slowly::

someone mentioned my name.

::looks around::

i see...

well bro, if you need hosting, i host several other hatrackers, and former hatrackers, all ye need do is send me pictures, and you shall have a gallery at your disposal.

As for our mother, she is soopr beautiful. Glad that runs in the family

haunted

DavidB: you still look like a psuedo-intellectual ::grins::

Mackillian: You are stupendously pretty, i still want to see more pictures of you!

Ladyday: you are incredibly cute, and always will be, regardless of the state of your clothing/smoking/house. (curse the luck that you're already married oops! hitting on married women again! ::vanishes in a puff of smoke:: )

Posts: 360 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronin
Member # 1749

- posted      Profile for Ronin           Edit/Delete Post 
heres my picture http://65.6.96.24/band.gif
Im the one playing the drums.

Posts: 1896 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anvair
Member # 2466

- posted      Profile for Anvair   Email Anvair         Edit/Delete Post 
JaneX, I love the wav on your site. I put it on loop, it's great background music... it doesn't get old... ok, never mind. It just got old.

-CJ

Posts: 129 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amka
Member # 690

- posted      Profile for Amka   Email Amka         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a couple I don't mind sharing. This first one has a few hatrackers in it, who all gave permission to have it on that site so.... Here they are! If you read it all, forgive the details, I wrote it so I wouldn't forget them.

http://www.philoticweb.net/author/oscsignings.phtml?2

But I'm always talking about my family too, so here is a picture of them.

http://www.geekatplay.com/images/family.jpg

Luckily, my children have inherited the skin of their father. Mine, obviously, is much too fair and I keep the SPF on because skin cancer runs in my family.

By the way, I love seeing all of your pictures and think the idea of an album is fantastic! You all look like the kind of people I like to hang out with.

Amka

Posts: 3495 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
porcelain girl
Member # 1080

- posted      Profile for porcelain girl   Email porcelain girl         Edit/Delete Post 
is it just me, or do jatraqueros make some great looking kids, or what???
Posts: 3936 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cedrios
Member # 1744

- posted      Profile for Cedrios   Email Cedrios         Edit/Delete Post 
::asks very tentatively:: who should we send our pictures too if we don't have a web page?
Posts: 3592 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amka
Member # 690

- posted      Profile for Amka   Email Amka         Edit/Delete Post 
Porcelain girl: I want you to look around. Now, what kids aren't good looking?

But thanks anyway <grin>

Cedrios, I have some webspace you could put your pics on. You can email them to me.

Amka

Posts: 3495 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
I have it on good authority that JaneX looks much better in person.
Here is a picture from my nursing school open house last year that shows JaneX and me. JaneX is the cutie in the black capris, on the left back. I am the lady on the right back with the light blue top and really bad khaki pants (I am not as fat as they make me look!) and brown and grey hair – not a great picture of me, but it’s the best I could find online, for the moment.
http://www.mdcc.edu/medical/Events/Archives/Openhouse/pictures/mvc-079x.jpg

**Ela**

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bonduca
Member # 2011

Oh, Jane IS adorable, doesn't she look like Harry Potter's sister? (Don't worry, Ela, you don't look fat at all! But I can't tell what you look like, ah well.)

btw, does anyone else here think Olivet reminds them a bit of Parker Posey?

Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, here's one from that same webcam at the Exploris museum in Raleigh - me and my hubby

(My hubby picked the corny caption )

**Ela**

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bonduca
Member # 2011

I can see where Jane gets her good looks.....Ms. BUNNY.
Olivet
Member # 1104

It seems that all Hatrackers are quite attractive (well, some of us had to take a lot of pictures before "we" found one that didn't make "us" look like a drunken, chinless muppet )

*notices Bonduca hasn't ponied up yet *

(Parker Posey? I'm speechless. Well, not really, that would be too big a relief for the rest of you. I'm not as pretty as Parker, but I aspire to be as shrill )

[This message has been edited by Olivet (edited September 30, 2001).]

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bonduca
Member # 2011

Bonduca wants another inch grown out on her own Unfortunate Hair Incident.

Actually, the bf has a new camera, and recently got a very funny one of me while I was cooking dinner. But I'm holding a sort of cleaver thing, and look rather like Hannibal Lector's groupie.

[This message has been edited by bonduca (edited September 30, 2001).]

porcelain girl
Member # 1080

- posted      Profile for porcelain girl   Email porcelain girl         Edit/Delete Post 
POST IT! POST IT! POST IT!!!

ela, you are very pretty. and you have great lookin' kids. also, your husband is another one of those men that can actually look really good with facial hair.

i love this thread!

Posts: 3936 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haunted
Member # 1869

WTF?!

Does that mean i have a sister too? >_<

why don't people tell me about these things?!?!

Oh, and this is very important, i need to know by like tomorrow.

Should i cut my hair short? or even it out so i can let it grow out?

I've done both before, i honestly don't care either way, which is why i'm taking the poll.

Please respond!

Posts: 360 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronin
Member # 1749

- posted      Profile for Ronin           Edit/Delete Post 
leave it how you had it in all those pics, it looks good there. You remind me of this kid jesse that I used to know.
Posts: 1896 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haunted
Member # 1869

oh hey i should post picts of me with long and short hair
Haunted
Member # 1869

long

long #2

short

short #2

[This message has been edited by Haunted (edited September 30, 2001).]

Haunted
Member # 1869

better pict of short, but dark (just turn up brightness on monitor)
Olivet
Member # 1104

Um, I like it better a bit on the long side, but, being the motherly type, I gotta ask-- are you going to be looking for a job anytime soon?

Glad to see my other cyber-son back I am a bit surprised by the way you actually resemble some folks very near me in the gene pool Who knew that Chinese diluted with Scotts Irish could so closely resemble Shawnee diluted with Scotts Irish?

My other cyber-son must take after his father.

Skyweir
Member # 2313

- posted      Profile for Skyweir   Email Skyweir         Edit/Delete Post 
Haunted either way .. you're not going to loose .. toss a coin!

Posts: 749 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JaneX
Member # 2026

Pod, you look like Harry Potter in that second short-haired pic!

~Jane~

This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  14  15  16   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.