FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Alright, I'll show you mine, if you'll show me yours (Page 10)

This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16   
Author Topic: Alright, I'll show you mine, if you'll show me yours
bonduca
Member # 2011

- posted      Profile for bonduca   Email bonduca         Edit/Delete Post 
Nice pics, Rachel.
Posts: 4494 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, Emily. Stunning photos, wot.
Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
Moose, your family is beautiful! You all look so happy.

~Jane~

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DSH
Member # 741

- posted      Profile for DSH           Edit/Delete Post 
Have you forgotten where we are? This is Hatrack!, where is the dissenting voice to pronounce all these people "ugly"?

*runs from angry mob while shouting over shoulder "It was a joke!"*

Posts: 692 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
Speaking of getting people confused, where has Ele been??

**Ela**

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
starsarecliche
Member # 2772

- posted      Profile for starsarecliche           Edit/Delete Post 
ok edited here to put the correct adress, thanks for pointing that out to me guys =) .. i didnt even realize it was messed up.

www.geocities.com/makeoutcoreist/

(most recent: leaf, leaf3, newymoc, blue2, red2, green2.. and any others where my hair is black)

[This message has been edited by starsarecliche (edited December 06, 2001).]

Posts: 24 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sunny
Member # 2722

- posted      Profile for Sunny   Email Sunny         Edit/Delete Post 
it didn't work
Posts: 197 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amontillado
Member # 1926

- posted      Profile for Amontillado   Email Amontillado         Edit/Delete Post 
Once you click on the link and it tells you that you can't go to that address, edit the address so it leaves out the bit after the last slash mark(/). That will take you to a directory where you can view all her pictures.
Posts: 173 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pod
Member # 941

- posted      Profile for Pod           Edit/Delete Post 
::stunned by this picture::

You, actually remind me -very- much of a friend of mine (just less brown).

and you have very cool hair.

[This message has been edited by Pod (edited December 06, 2001).]

Posts: 4482 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
This is an old, old pic, I just figured I'd throw it in, since all my good ones have already been posted.

From Ozzfest...Liz is sunburnt from standing outside, and I'm pale/dehydrated from 1. being outside in the autograph line, and 2. making a fool of myself in the pit, since this pic was taken at like...8-9 pm.

http://nasaorange.tripod.com/lizdavekat.jpg

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
starsarecliche
Member # 2772

- posted      Profile for starsarecliche           Edit/Delete Post 
errr... geez i accidently made this post when i didnt even have to... go look at my last post if want to see me.
thanks =)

[This message has been edited by starsarecliche (edited December 06, 2001).]

Posts: 24 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Perelandra
Member # 3632

- posted      Profile for Perelandra           Edit/Delete Post 
Bored? Try out my webcam. It's for one night only! So enjoy!

http://www.uwm.edu/~gslane/cam.html

Posts: 17 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Perelandra
Member # 3632

Oh yeah, you should be warned. Broadband required. I think I will change the refresh rates, hang on.
Posts: 17 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Perelandra
Member # 3632

Okay, I fixed it. There are now options for 56k, ISDN/"I am downloading music," and Broadband .
Perelandra
Member # 3632

Pictures of my TKD days!

http://www.uwm.edu/~gslane/TKD01.jpg
http://www.uwm.edu/~gslane/TKD02.jpg
http://www.uwm.edu/~gslane/TKD03.jpg
http://www.uwm.edu/~gslane/TKD04.jpg
http://www.uwm.edu/~gslane/TKD05.jpg
http://www.uwm.edu/~gslane/TKD06.jpg

jebus202
Member # 2524

- posted      Profile for jebus202   Email jebus202         Edit/Delete Post 
Pere shame on you, you need to clean your feet, and make sure you was behind your ears while your at it!
Posts: 3564 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eddie Whiteshoes
Member # 2951

- posted      Profile for Eddie Whiteshoes           Edit/Delete Post 
Tsk tsk.
Posts: 1743 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marce al'Meara
Member # 1027

- posted      Profile for Marce al'Meara   Email Marce al'Meara         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd rather be impressed by his stretchability--or former stretchability. Any chance you can jump in the air and land in the splits?
Posts: 1248 | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Perelandra
Member # 3632

Ouch, no. I am always amused by the totally worthless techniques shown in movies. Most of the time those are used for show.

It is former flexibility. I havent practiced for a few years and can only kick at head height. I used to be able to kick almost vertically, but I havent had a good stretch in a while.

I have some more TKD and other pictures that I will be posting soon.

Marce al'Meara
Member # 1027

- posted      Profile for Marce al'Meara   Email Marce al'Meara         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, landing in the splits does have one rather amusing use: scaring the heck out of guys standing nearby.
Posts: 1248 | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nylph
Member # 2690

- posted      Profile for Nylph   Email Nylph         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.kansas.net/~erickson/picsofme/

Now everyone can see me. Woo.

Posts: 61 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
Oooh - this cool thread is back!! Here's a pic of slacker and I the day we got engaged!

D'oh! broken link - it's being all stupid - go to the bottom of my photo album

[This message has been edited by ludosti (edited January 21, 2002).]

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll try and h4x0r my webcam back into working order, so I can post a picture. I might consider shaving first, to please my wife. And since this thread is back to the top, maybe all of you fine folks could fix your links so I can see you. If anyone needs their picture hosted, I can do that too. Just e-mail, message, or otherwise contact me.
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
Aww...lusti, that's such a sweet pic! You two look so happy!

~Jane~

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Mike   Email Mike         Edit/Delete Post 
Eh, my web page is a little boring at this point. But there are a couple pictures of me there. Notice how my face turns red when I'm upside down?

http://techhouse.brown.edu/~mdp

Posts: 1810 | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pod
Member # 941

- posted      Profile for Pod           Edit/Delete Post 
interesting, i have a friend who goes to brown
Posts: 4482 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Mike   Email Mike         Edit/Delete Post 
OK, let's play the Name Game*. Who's your friend?

-----
* The Name Game is a common phenomenon best illustrated by example:
Person 1: I go to [someuniversity].
Person 2: Really? I know someone who goes there!
Person 1: Hmm, I wonder if I know them...
Person 2: [His/Her] name is [somepersonsname].
Person 1: Sounds familiar, but I don't think I know [him/her]. OR Nope, can't say I've heard of [him/her].

Rarely does anything come out of this exchange, but for some reason everyone does it anyway (including me ).

Posts: 1810 | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
I played a variation of that when I was studying in Ireland. I was in a very, very small pub in Sligo, and I said I was from the US... a guy said, "Really? Bob over there's from America... lemme get him"

Turns out Bob was visiting from California, and the man wanted to know if he and I knew each other... being as how I'm from Jersey, that'd be no.

Oh, and everywhere I went in Greece that I mentioned I was from New Jersey, a local would say "I have a cousin who owns a diner in New Jersey! Do you know him?" Must have happened a minimum of 5 times over the course of two weeks.

Yes, the world is small. No, the world is not the size of a basketball.

Cow

Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
Cow - it is quite funny how sometimes the world seems as small as a basketball, while other times, it doesn't. I remember getting a similar thing while in Bulgaria. Someone would ask me where I was from and when I told them I was from Phoenix, AZ they'd say something to the effect of "my cousin's next door neighbor Ivan lives in Phoenix, do you know him?" Since there are more than 3 million people that live in and around Phoenix and I know only a minute fraction of those people, the answer was always, "I don't think so." Then again, while living there, I met another American girl who was very good friends with one of my cousins.
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Irami Osei-Frimpong
Member # 2229

- posted      Profile for Irami Osei-Frimpong   Email Irami Osei-Frimpong         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm at a friend's place and he left me alone with his digital camera bwaha ha ha ha.

This is what I look like as of five minutes ago.

I'm still kind of figuring out the camera

Still figuring it out

I'm a digital camera wizard.

[This message has been edited by Irami Osei-Frimpong (edited January 23, 2002).]

Posts: 5600 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeni
Member # 1454

- posted      Profile for Jeni   Email Jeni         Edit/Delete Post 
Doesn't look like you're figuring anything out but a blank screen to me.
Posts: 4292 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

- posted      Profile for Slash the Berzerker   Email Slash the Berzerker         Edit/Delete Post 
No, that's actually what Irami looks like.
Posts: 5383 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Irami Osei-Frimpong
Member # 2229

- posted      Profile for Irami Osei-Frimpong   Email Irami Osei-Frimpong         Edit/Delete Post 
do they not come out? *thinks*
Posts: 5600 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
The first and third pics are of appealingly blank screens, but there's this kooky-looking guy with an afro in the second one. Do something about that.

Edit: Hm. Upon revisiting the second one, I now see only that same, handsome blank screen. Originally, however, I was confronted by some guy looking into a mirror and holding a digital camera, but luckily he's gone upon refresh.

[This message has been edited by TomDavidson (edited January 23, 2002).]

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
All white, featureless and square?
Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeni
Member # 1454

I get blank screens for all of them.
Posts: 4292 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Irami Osei-Frimpong
Member # 2229

try this

As you can see, it takes all of my concentration to take these pictures, you should see when I try to multitask.

[This message has been edited by Irami Osei-Frimpong (edited January 23, 2002).]

ladyday
Member # 1069

- posted      Profile for ladyday   Email ladyday         Edit/Delete Post 
::smiles::

I want to see "I'm a digital camera wizard" one.

::walks off with foolish grin on her face::

Posts: 1676 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Perelandra
Member # 3632

MORE PICTURES?!? Why, Yes!

http://www.uwm.edu/~gslane

check out the pictures page. There is an update link at the top.

Amontillado
Member # 1926

- posted      Profile for Amontillado   Email Amontillado         Edit/Delete Post 
I clicked the link just to see if Tom was right...he was. Irami really is kooky looking! Personally, I think it's the slightly open mouth that gives it that effect...
Posts: 173 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeni
Member # 1454

I added some more a few weeks ago, but since this thread is up...

http://photos.yahoo.com/jacqueline8637

FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
Man, it's been a while since anyone posted here... well, I finally got some photos scanned, and threw them up online.

Take a gander, if you're interested.

http://photos.yahoo.com/thegiantsdrink

Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Perelandra
Member # 3632

webcam's back up!

You can watch me work on the Wenches Tavern logo.

http://www.uwm.edu/~gslane

Just click on cam.

Irami Osei-Frimpong
Member # 2229

Hatrackers

I'll finish putting the rest up later.

[This message has been edited by Irami Osei-Frimpong (edited March 25, 2002).]

Severian
Member # 2465

- posted      Profile for Severian   Email Severian         Edit/Delete Post 
Jeni, you had me worried for a moment there when you said new pictures....
Posts: 222 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Severian
Member # 2465

- posted      Profile for Severian   Email Severian         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, now the last time I gave you a picture it wasn't actually me and I also know that so many of you were dissapointed. Sooooo, I've decided to give you a better picture of myself (complete with my handy blade Terminus Est)

www.geocities.com/captain_moo_pbs/members/Severian.bmp

Posts: 222 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cedrios
Member # 1744

- posted      Profile for Cedrios   Email Cedrios         Edit/Delete Post 
here's mine
http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=KYA8SYO&key=UHJ

Posts: 3592 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Human
Member # 2985

- posted      Profile for Human   Email Human         Edit/Delete Post 
BLEAH
Posts: 3658 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
:Locke
Member # 2255

- posted      Profile for :Locke   Email :Locke         Edit/Delete Post 
Soon as I get back home, I'll have some on my web page.
Posts: 1744 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IrishAphrodite19
Member # 1880

- posted      Profile for IrishAphrodite19   Email IrishAphrodite19         Edit/Delete Post 
Photos of beautiful me. First page is from my birthday, the second link is my family page. No clue whats on there or how old it is. My dad keeeps up that side.

http://www.1spec.com/cvr/Alli/Pictures.htm

http://www.1spec.com/cvr/Photos/photos.htm

~~IrishAphrodite~~

Posts: 554 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.