FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » LotR Characters Tackle that Eternal Question... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: LotR Characters Tackle that Eternal Question...
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
"were on the same wavelegth." Hmm. Who were?

*is now lost*

Perelandra, he said the NUMBER e, too, which means it's all up for grabs.

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Perelandra
Member # 3632

- posted      Profile for Perelandra           Edit/Delete Post 
*is lost*

I do like shoes though.

Posts: 17 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jebus202
Member # 2524

- posted      Profile for jebus202   Email jebus202         Edit/Delete Post 
Belle that was seriously hillarious the bit that had me in tears was the Gandalf finding out Saruman was evil bit.
Posts: 3564 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Perelandra
Member # 3632

I like Bit-O-Honey
Posts: 17 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sticker Goddess
Member # 2683

- posted      Profile for Sticker Goddess   Email Sticker Goddess         Edit/Delete Post 
I like the thing about Enough adorability, time for some rugged handsomeness from Strider the Ranger.

ROFL!

The Goddess

Posts: 194 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unicornwhisperer
Member # 294

- posted      Profile for unicornwhisperer   Email unicornwhisperer         Edit/Delete Post 
*creeps back into Hatrack after many months of absence*

LOL!!!! Wow Belle that was funny and awesome.

Now I will revert back to the question of this Topic. "Why did the Chicken cross the Road LOTR style."

Gandalf: (to the chicken) Fly you fool!!
Better yet why don't you let the dark riders trample you to death, to rid us of your stupidity!

Pippin: Hey I'm supposed to be doing the stupid stunts!

Merry: Hey Pippin! Light the chicken's tail on fire and see if it does cool firworks!!

Pippin: Hey the chicken comes in pints?!! (runs after the chicken)

Borimir: The chicken is a gift! Let us use it against the evil.

Elrond: The chicken must be destroyed.

Legolas: I will destroy the chicken!

Glimli: I will not live to see the chicken in the hands of an elf!!!

Legolas and Glimli quarrel, because they want more attention in the movie.

Sam: Wait Master Chicken! Gandalf told me," don't let him out of your site, Sam Gamchee." And I don't intend to!....I don't intend to.

Enya: Sail away Sail away Sail away.

[This message has been edited by unicornwhisperer (edited January 12, 2002).]

Posts: 1417 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
lol
Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Perelandra
Member # 3632

Grrrrrrrrrrrr
unicornwhisperer
Member # 294

- posted      Profile for unicornwhisperer   Email unicornwhisperer         Edit/Delete Post 
"Grrrrrrrr?"

Do you have something against me Perlandra? I seem to recall this is the second time you have said "Grrrrrr" on something I posted.

Or maybe you just like saying "Grrrr." Like I like saying "Mwa ha ha ha ha ha1!!!"

Posts: 1417 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Perelandra
Member # 3632

No uni, I just like to "Grrrr"
smile
Member # 3226

- posted      Profile for smile           Edit/Delete Post 
*bump! rereading Belle's great posts and smiling*
Posts: 22 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aretee
Member # 1743

- posted      Profile for aretee   Email aretee         Edit/Delete Post 
This was before I came back to Hatrack. I almost peed my pants reading these!! (And I haven't done that in a LONG time! )
Posts: 1735 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
*sniff*

Somebody bumped up one of my babies!

I'm so proud!

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bruinlawyer2002
Member # 2264

- posted      Profile for bruinlawyer2002   Email bruinlawyer2002         Edit/Delete Post 

Belle and everyone ~ this is great stuff! Someone should preserve the funnies on this thread and make a web page out of it.

We'll call it Lord of the Wings

Posts: 424 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

You know you're obsessed with Lord Of The Rings when...

You've read all three books more than ten times.

You've kept it hidden and safe.

Since you've seen the first one of the three LOTR movies you're listening to Enya all day long.

You think it is a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt for so small a thing.

Words like "Yrch" make sense to you.

You dedicate all your free time to learning Sindarin or another Tolkien language.

You know when Durin IV lived.

You've become strangely obsessed with mushrooms.

Whenever you close a door, you say "They have a cave troll!"

When you come to a dead end you're still convinced that the road goes ever on and on.

There's a sign on your door saying "Speak Friend and enter!"

Whenever you get a chance, you burst into song. Preferably one that has more than 20 verses.

The only map you can read is the one of Middle Earth.

You're starting to make strange hissing noises when you speak and call all your possessions "my precious".

You change your name by deed poll to a Tolkien character and seriously consider naming your children after LOTR characters.

You have more than thirty sets of the books - and several are in languages you can't read.

You buy the bookmark with "the one ring" tied to the tassel, and then wear the ring around and pretend to be invisible.

Every time you see birds in the sky you have the urge to say "Fly you fools!"

When someone knocks on your door you grab them, pull them inside and ask "Are you frightend?... Not nearly frightend enough!"

You try to walk on top of snow like the elves do.

You think about getting toupees for your feet.

You have made up names for all the nameless characters in the movie, like various hobbits at Bilbo's party or the elves at the Council of Elrond.

You are able to reenact the whole movie in character.

Your computer's screensaver is a marquee reading, "Ennyn Durin atan Moria: pedo mellon a mino" and the password is actually "mellon".

You print out the whole movie script and religiously study it.

You've highlighted all your favorite parts of the books, and your highlighter has run out of ink.

You have a special clock that always tells you how many days, hours, and minutes are left until the next part of the movies opens in theaters.

The last five times you went to see the movie, you only went to see the preview trailer.

All day you hear words such as 'habit' and 'going', in your mind as 'hobbit' and 'Gollum'.

Whenever you see a tree you give it a hug and say "Hail Treebeard!".

You grow long hair and tie it back, and prance around delicately - and you are male.

You get someone to shoot you with 3 arrows, just so you can reenact Boromir's death scene.

You start to put 'elvish' down as your religion.

You cannot see a beer without blurting out "It comes in pints? I'm getting one!"

You manage to bring the words 'hobbits' and 'Mirkwood' into every sentence.

Your friends instantly know you are going to say something about LotR even before you open your mouth.

You get a long blond wig and give yourself an elvish name.

You learn all 25 pages of Very Secret Diary off by heart and say phrases from them at all times

You just can't keep yourself from saying "nobody tosses a Dwarf" at inappropriate moments.

You point out one word differences between speech in the film and in the book.

You notice everyone else goes "aaaahhh" at the same time when Legolas gets off his horse.

You're certain that tiny bits have changed since the eighth time you've seen the movie.

You have organized your bookmarks into subcategories "elivish" and "Legolas".

You devote free time to drawing sketches of LotR characters from the various posters around your room, then realise you don't need the poster, you know the faces by heart.

A shadow and a threat is growing in your mind.

You stayed up 'til 5am watching the Oscars (in the UK) and threw things at the screen when Ron Howard/Russell Crowe/Jennifer Connelly appeared.

You go to lordoftherings.net and spend hours refreshing the page, just to hear the actors say "Hello, I'm Elijah Wood (or whatever). Welcome to lordoftherings.net"

You start saying "a star shines on the hour of our meeting."

You're determined to refresh lordoftherings.net until you discover how to pronounce 'Viggo'.

You have more than 20 LotR sites in your favourites

From http://www.moonrainstar.com/index.html

Not from me.

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 3262

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah...I'm pretty sure this means I'm obsessed. I related to way too many of these. But boy, was it fun to read!
Posts: 2661 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toretha
Member # 2233

- posted      Profile for Toretha   Email Toretha         Edit/Delete Post 
You didn't mention:

You find yourself writing out the script to the movie

You start lighting a votive candle under your poster of the Fellowship

Geez...I fufilled way to many of those conditions

Posts: 3493 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olorinate
Member # 1561

- posted      Profile for Olorinate   Email Olorinate         Edit/Delete Post 
"Ai! Ai!" wailed Legolas. "A chicken! A chicken has run!" (across the road, of course)

"You desired the chicken because the thigh was succulent," said Faramir. "But I say to you that this frog leg is just as tasty."

"Hinder me! Thou fool, no living cock may hinder me!"
Then Merry heard of all sounds in that hour the strangest. It seemed that Dernhelm clucked, and the clear voice was like the thunk of the cleaver's knife. "But no living cock am I! You look upon a chicken."

p.s. - The first half of that script was out of hand.

Posts: 81 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

Bumped for xnera.
xnera
Member # 187

- posted      Profile for xnera   Email xnera         Edit/Delete Post 
SQUEE! Thanks! How'd you find it? I did a search for "breadbox" and "chicken", but got no hits. I also went through pages 55-99 of the archives.

Does anyone mind if I save this to my website? I have fond memories of this thread -- I had read it days before I learned to play the TCG, which caused me to giggle constantly during that first game. My best friend and I still quote "There is a fell chicken on the road" whenever we play a Legolas card.

Now I MUST stop posting and get some work done already!

--xnera

Posts: 1805 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

_I_ certainly wouldn't mind you posting it, though I didn't contribute.

I think I found it in the 40s somewhere, because somebody bumped it once before.

Belle
Member # 2314

I don't mind xnera. It's nice to think that some of our more entertaining threads will be saved.

Does anyone remember that ooooold thread that started out which a chicken across the road and turned into a parody of hatrack posters?

That one was hilarious!

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jehovoid
Member # 2014

- posted      Profile for jehovoid   Email jehovoid         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, in the words of James Lipton, "this was a delight."

Those breadbasket things were reminiscent of MST 3K.

Posts: 3056 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

*bump*

Because kwsni was looking for it.

T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
How did I miss this.... very nice/funny
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
knightswhosayni!
Member # 4096

- posted      Profile for knightswhosayni!   Email knightswhosayni!         Edit/Delete Post 
thankies.

Ni!

Posts: 828 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ilovebean
Member # 4076

- posted      Profile for ilovebean   Email ilovebean         Edit/Delete Post 
You guys are so funny! I loved reading everything here! :-D
Posts: 280 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 3262

*bump* one more time, to give Belle an ego boast.
Posts: 2661 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

Ring tones!-- The sign of a true lotr obsessive is cell phone ring tones! Or, maybe the sign a cell phone user is a LotR obsessive... oh, nevermind.

Jeni
Member # 1454

- posted      Profile for Jeni   Email Jeni         Edit/Delete Post 
This thread is freaking hilarious.
Posts: 4292 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 3262

Olivia, are you telling me that you have LotR ring tones? And, if you are, you're next going to tell me exactly where and how you got them, right?

*is obsessed right along with Olivet*

Olivet
Member # 1104

I did have ring tones and two screen savers, but I dropped my phone and broke it. When I went to the website to download them again, they were gone. I had Manny Meetings, The Bridge at Khazaadum, the breaking of the fellowship and May it Be.

They were a free download for voicestream customers.

Vána
Member # 3262

Ack!

My Google searches have so far turned up only European ringtone services.

Oh, and isn't it nice of me to bump this, then hijack it? Bah.

Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
ROTFL!!!
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Renfield
Member # 4131

- posted      Profile for Renfield           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't want a chicken! I want a spider!
Posts: 3 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maethoriell
Member # 3805

- posted      Profile for Maethoriell   Email Maethoriell         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
There's a sign on your door saying "Speak Friend and enter!"

I ACTUALLY have that handwritten in Angerthas on my door...lol..

Posts: 4628 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toretha
Member # 2233

When I was younger, I had that on my closet door. My sister whenever she wanted to go in had to say melon. She thought I was seriously stupid, and informed me many times that melon did NOT mean friend, and that it was a type of fruit. It's always fun when this thread is bumped. Still funny to read....
Posts: 3493 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
::bump::

Why? To paraphrase a scene from FotR to apply to TTT:

"Are you excited?"
"Yes."
"Not nearly excited enough"

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

"The anticipation....it's getting heavier."
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
"I do not know what strength is in my blood.
But I swear to you, I will not forget to buy the tickets."

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Words like "Yrch" make sense to you.

You're starting to make strange hissing noises when you speak and call all your possessions "my precious".

Your friends instantly know you are going to say something about LotR even before you open your mouth.

You point out one word differences between speech in the film and in the book.

You notice everyone else goes "aaaahhh" at the same time when Legolas gets off his horse.

You dedicate all your free time to learning Sindarin or another Tolkien language.

Yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes. And Quenya.

quote:
Your computer's screensaver is a marquee reading, "Ennyn Durin atan Moria: pedo mellon a mino" and the password is actually "mellon".

I've never tried that, but it's actually a good idea...

One more to add (this has actually happened to me - recently):

You find yourself yelling "Edro!" at your locker when it stubbornly refuses to open.

~Jane~

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ethics Gradient
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Ethics Gradient   Email Ethics Gradient         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey! I posted those chicken crossing the road ones when FOTR came out!

Belle...

----------------

Fellowship of the Ring - Abridged version
----
Frodo: Hi, Gandalf!
Gandalf: Bilbo, give him your ring.
Bilbo: Okay. Bye!
Gandalf: See you at the pub, Frodo.

Frodo: Doo-de-do.
Nazgul: Boo!
Frodo: Eeeek!
Merry: (pops up out of nowhere) Eeeek!
Pippin: (ditto) Eeeek!
Sam: Ha ha, can't catch us now!

Tom Bombadil: Hello little friends!
Frodo: No time for you, weirdo.
Tom Bombadil: (disappears)

Saruman: See, all I had to do was cross out "Good"
on my business
cards and write "Bad," and I'm all set.
Gandalf: I never saw /that/ coming.
Saruman: Excuse me while I tend to my vast army of
evil orcs and war
machinery which were in plain sight.
Gandalf: Alas, if only he had imprisoned me at the
top of a high
tower without walls or ceiling so that he could not
prevent a giant
eagle from rescuing me, instead of in the canonical
dungeon deep
underground. Oh, wait.

Frodo: (whispering) Keep a low profile.
Pippin: (loudly) And don't mention your real name,
right?
Merry: (loudly) Or the ring either, right?
Strider: Right. Don't mention the ring. (laughs)
It's okay, I'll
save you.

Pippin: (whining) Are we there yet?
Nazgul: Bwa ha ha ha. Give us the ring, little
worm.
Frodo: Sticks and stones may break my bones, but
names-
Sam: Hmm, looks like swords work too.
Strider: Go away, bad men!
Nazgul: The five of us must flee, for we are
outnumbered by this one
Ranger!

Frodo: Wow, we're in Rivendell!
Merry: That was easy.
Pippin: Don't knock it.
Sam: Elves are cool!
Elrond: Get the hell out of my place, I don't need
trouble.
Gimli: You can't throw them out while I'm here!
Legolas: Same for me!
Elrond: Right, all of you wankers leave now.
Gandalf: But I just got here.
Boromir: I'll just invite myself along. No real
reason. Certainly
not because I have larceny on my mind. Nope.
Strider: Look, they fixed my sword! (swish)
Wheeeee!

Frodo: Such beautiful scenery. The green grass and
leaves are so-
[THUD]
Pippin: Where the hell did all this snow come from?
Gandalf: Don't blame me. Who knew that mountains
could be cold on
top?
Gimli: Told you we should go through the mines.
Strider: Let the dwarf have his way.
Legolas: Fine, whatever, just open the door.
Gimli: Ummm, I have no idea how to get inside.
Boromir: What a bunch of dicks.
Gandalf: Of course! (applies C4 to the problem)
[POOF]
Sam: Such magic.

Merry: Ooooo, dead dwarf over here!
Gimli: Boo hoo.
Pippin: HEY MONSTERS, COME AND GET US!!
Gandalf: Twit.
Orcs: Oh good, we were getting hungry. Do you have
any idea how
difficult it is to keep an army fed in these
abandonded mines?
Boromir: (Slash)
Legolas: (Pfft)
Gimli: (Whack)
Orcs: This is definitely putting a damper on our
relationship.
Frodo: Ouch!
Strider: Alas, the Ring-bearer has perished! Our
quest has failed!
Frodo: Just kidding. I did the
slide-blade-between-arm-and-chest
trick hile I was standing in profile to y'all.
Pretty funny, eh?
Balrog: Dammit, I was sound asleep. That really
ticks me off.
Gandalf: We are so doomed.
Strider: Not if we run away! (does so)
Boromir: First good idea you've had. (follows)
hobbits: (already in the lead)
Gandalf: (trailing) It matters not! You cannot
outrun the demon!
Legolas: We don't have to . . .
Gimli: . . . we just have to outrun *you*.
Balrog: Your ass is mine, wizard. (drags Gandalf
down with him)
Strider: Woe is upon our company, that Gandalf has
fallen!
Frodo: I'm over it.
Sam: Yeah, let's go, there's no food here.

Legolas: Wondrous are these woods!
Gimli: And full of cutthroat elves.
Celeborn: We were told of your coming. Well,
"warned" is more
accurate.
Galadriel: I know you better than you know
yourselves.
Sam: You've got nothing better to do with your
time?
Galadriel: Wake up, Frodo, and look in the mirror.
Frodo: Geez, can't a guy get some sleep around
here? What mirror are
you babbling about, there's just this birdbath full
of water.
Galadriel: But it shows magic pictures of things
that may or may not
be!
Frodo: I'm guessing you're a day trader. Here, you
take the ring.
Galadriel: I will not. (hangs her head) I lost
the instructions.
Frodo: Great, I'm still stuck with it.
Celeborn: Check-out time!

Pippin: (singing) Row row row your boat, gently
down-
Gimli: Shut the hell up. Seven hours of that is
enough.
Strider: All this beautiful scenery is giving me a
very bad feeling.

Boromir: Give me the ring.
Frodo: Notice as I put it on that it not only makes
me invisible, it
also apparently teleports me away from your
clutches.
Boromir: Arrrrrgghhh! I'm just trying to save my
kingdom! Where is a
rake I can step on, that it might strike my head?
Ah, this will do
nicely.
(whack)
Frodo: Best thing for me to do now is head for the
most dangerous
place in the world.
Sam: Works for me. (they leave)
SuperOrcs: Kill kill kill!
Merry: Help, help, Auntie Em! (waves his tiny
sword pathetically)
Pippin: Christ, look at the size of these guys,
we're dead meat.
Boromir: Fear not, little hobbits, I shall blow my
special horn and
we shall be rescued by soldiers... who are...
hundreds... of...
miles... away... guess we are pretty stuffed after
all. (dies)
SuperOrcs: Kill kill kill!
Legolas: Look at my form. Damn, I'm good.
Gimli: I'm environmentally friendly --- blood makes
the grass grow.
Strider: Looks like Frodo got away. Well, there's
no chance in hell
I'm going to step one foot closer to Mordor, so
let's go the exact
opposite direction.
Legolas: Okay.
Gimli: Sure.

THE END

Posts: 2945 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

Ethics, obviously your thread didn't have the same amount of appeal as mine, because mine keeps getting bumped.
Ethics Gradient
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Ethics Gradient   Email Ethics Gradient         Edit/Delete Post 
Mine was distinctly lacking the charm of your famous Southern hospitality, Belle
Posts: 2945 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

*gives Belle and EG BOTH a noogie*
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Ethics I may have to email your story to a friend of mine who, upon reading it, will hunt me down and slay me for blasphomy.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toretha
Member # 2233

*bumps best thread ever*

Belle-do you remember where you found that breadbox FotR? do they have a TTT version?

Belle
Member # 2314

Toretha I got it from the old imladris.com site - but that site went under. I don't think it's active anymore. I'll look around though.

Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
lol, these are funny!
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
Legolas: There is a felled cluck in the air...

Gimili: Looks like we have to follow the chicken along and across the road though Moria.

[This message has been edited by Nick (edited December 28, 2002).]

Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.