FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hatrack feminity thread, or, Hatrack's most eligible Bachelorette. (Page 3)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Hatrack feminity thread, or, Hatrack's most eligible Bachelorette.
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
See my problem?

(Though, my hair does look lighter than that picture in real life.)

[This message has been edited by hansenj (edited March 04, 2003).]

Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul
Member # 3904

- posted      Profile for Paul   Email Paul         Edit/Delete Post 
pH- Your pr0n is still too racy for me. I still get a 403 after cutting and pasting.

Also, what's a merch girl?

Posts: 1360 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm. *stabs projectjj*

http://tin-doll.envy.nu/ph.jpg

Try to copy and paste _that_.

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
coil
Member # 4571

- posted      Profile for coil   Email coil         Edit/Delete Post 
Another way to get around anti-hotlinking stuff like that is to enter the url with a space in front of it, and then hit enter.

I could see both, no problem. Yowza!

Posts: 886 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
As for what a merch girl is...
I work for bands. It's my job to organize the merchandise (tshirts, CDs, keychains, hats, whatever) and set up the displays and whatnot. Most bands have me do inventories to make sure nothing is lost/stolen. I'm looking to end up on a tour for the summer with a pretty good commission, plus per diem.

Anyways, one of the bands actually hired me for pay to replace their old merch girl who worked for free. Apparently, most merch girls can't stay professional about their jobs and end up fooling around with either the band they're working for or using their job as a way to fool around with other bands. Not to mention getting bitter and unfriendly.

I _am_ allowed to have groupies, though. Get people on the guest list, give out free things, and bring people to afterparties. But the bands are super-protective of me.

But anyways. Basically, I get paid to hang out with bands, sit at a booth, and be personable. Oh, and dress nicely. Can't forget the fashion part.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
*decides to become a pH groupie*
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
*decides that posting on this thread was a v. bad idea, as is a humongously insecure loser*

Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
I know what you mean! But hey, at least we all have one vote.
Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
*decides that starting the whole eligible bachelor/bachelorette thing was a bad idea*

*decides that starting the "My Big Fat Geek Wife" thing was a worse idea*

*hopes he redeemed himself by garnering favor with the ladies*

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
coil
Member # 4571

Leo, you're far too hot to have any right to insecurity. (; My only complaint is that you're approaching the "jailbait" category for me.

Actually, far too many of these lovely women are. D: What gives?? Hatrack has tons of ridiculously hot women, and they're all either married or a little (or a lot) too young!

Posts: 886 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ethics Gradient
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Ethics Gradient   Email Ethics Gradient         Edit/Delete Post 
I vote for Porcelain Girl. *ROWR!*

Leto said the rest of you can share him though

(Sorry Jon Boy, his words, not mine...)

*runs and hides from Leto*

Posts: 2945 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
Approaching jailbait status? I don't think you're going to be incarcerated for a three year age difference...so come to Atlantic City and give it a shot! I'd try, but I already failed her criteria.
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul
Member # 3904

In fact, even if you were 71 she would never be "approaching jailbait status," considering she is not a minor, and in many states the age of consent is 16-17.
Posts: 1360 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
Besides, I can't be "approaching" jailbait status if I've already passed it...

yous crazy, coil.

And those weren't "criteria", those were "best case scenario"...thingees. I don't expect them. Most of the guys I've liked can't sing to save their souls.

Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

So when's the deadline for casting our votes for the bachelorettes? Not that I could settle for anything less than voting for all the bachelorettes, of course.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Nice try at brownnosing, Jon Boy.

You're supposed to make a girl feel special! It's hard to feel special at "I love you all the same."

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

I never said that I loved everyone the same. Everyone has their own unique attributes that are worthy of love.
coil
Member # 4571

four years, actually, but I'm flexible if she--

...I'm SO not finishing that sentence.

pepperuda
Member # 1573

- posted      Profile for pepperuda   Email pepperuda         Edit/Delete Post 
coil, not all the women on hatrack are either married or jailbait material. Some of us just aren't incredibly hot

Seriously though. I've been thoroughly entertained by this thread and have no desire to post a profile, not because I don't want anyone here to get to know me, but because this is a judged profile.

Posts: 240 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

And therein we see one of the fundamental differences between men and women. Men seem to be far more willing to put themselves on display in a competitive manner.
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
Do I get to play?

Age when first kissed: 14

Appearance
Photo: See "Frodo" in the WenchCon Picture thread.
Hair: Brown, almost shoulder length, mildly wavy
Eyes: my sister called them "crazy eyes"; they're an olive/brown hazel
Smile: Wide; only my upper teeth show, and the front two are really huge. I have an overbite, which gives me a bit of a "muzzle"
Build: 5'3", 110 lbs, 32-28.5-34
Ancestry: Bulgarian, Dutch, Scotch-Irish
Look-Alikes: Elijah Wood? :P

Reason I am cool: I am at ease with myself.

Dating Status: Married
Stalker level: Had a very creepy ex-boyfriend who would knock on my bedroom window at night and want to talk.
Plans: To get into the gifted/talented program as a permanent teacher.

Things you should know:
I know how to move my hips when I dance.
I am a terrible housekeeper.
I am the Head Wench at the Wenches' Tavern.
I don't shave my legs between the Autumnal and Vernal Equinoxes.
I have a green thumb.
I have an uncanny knack for understanding people - I should have been a counselor.
My emotions are very easy to read.
I am very sensual - I stick my feet in fountains; I wander barefoot on grass, I always stop to smell flowers...

What I like in a man:
Intellectual conversation always turns me on. Nice hair is very attractive. Eyes that hold mine. Ambition coupled with the skill and competence to reach high goals.

[This message has been edited by Jenny Gardener (edited March 06, 2003).]

Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Doesn't everyone? I mean, not that I make the rules around here or anything, but it seems to me that anyone's welcome.
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
"I don't shave my legs between the Autumnal and Vernal Equinoxes."

Man, I thought we had banned subtle physical metaphor here at Hatrack.

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
*snort*

TOM!

*scandalized*

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
Ummm... Am I stupid if I don't get it?
Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toretha
Member # 2233

- posted      Profile for Toretha   Email Toretha         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope you're not, because I would be too...
Posts: 3493 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
(He's insinuating that you meant you don't shave your you-know-whatsit.)
Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul
Member # 3904

You both are stupid for not getting it.

/doesn't get it either

(actually, I do, but I thought that would be funny to say)

[Edit: Now it just sounds stupid, because this post came after Ralphie's. Durn]

[This message has been edited by Paul (edited March 06, 2003).]

^Saudade^
Member # 175

- posted      Profile for ^Saudade^   Email ^Saudade^         Edit/Delete Post 
You are all soooo perverted
Posts: 1449 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

Oh!
No, that is NOT what I meant. I was being quite literal.

(edited for smilie correction)

[This message has been edited by Jenny Gardener (edited March 06, 2003).]

Toretha
Member # 2233

- posted      Profile for Toretha   Email Toretha         Edit/Delete Post 
Paul-your mother's fifth cousin three times removed in law is stupid!
Posts: 3493 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
After midnight booty bumpage for my man Wonko. Good luck, dawg! [Razz] [Party]
Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fiazko
Member # 5812

- posted      Profile for fiazko   Email fiazko         Edit/Delete Post 
hmmm...i'm going to add to this on the basis of the title alone and see how entertaining it is to the people who know what it's all about.

so i don't think i'm a bachelorette so much as a female bachelor. i just moved into a new apartment, and my friends think it would be cool if i put a styrofoam relief don quixote above my fireplace. i disagreed, claiming i'd like to maintain some semblance of class and feminity. then they pointed out the five framed star wars puzzles lining the mantle. point taken, but i'm still not putting up don.

i like to think that my system runs on a new kind of hormone: testostrogen. i don't want to have anything to do with conversations about shaving, waxing, or facials, but i don't sit around in a tattered armchair, watching tv with a bowl of chips at my side, a beer in one hand and my other hand down my pants. oh wait...

anyway, i constantly roll my eyes at both sexes while i sit in my apartment alone with my three cats. and then my married friends drop by and we go out to dinner so i can roll my eyes at them in public. and then they point out that all the flaws i see in other people are also present in me. imagine that.

describe myself in three words or less. bring it on.

[edit: i did not know that testostrogen was a real thing. [Eek!] ]

[ October 28, 2003, 03:38 AM: Message edited by: fiazko ]

Posts: 1090 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
Well...let me cast a vote from afar (really, really afar, hehehe).
Vote for Suneun and Leonide (ahn...can I vote for two? I would vote for all the ladies, but it seemed a little unorthodox).

Once more...sorry for eventual grammar mistakes (sec. language, people) ;-)

Hatrack is so fun! :-)

Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, Eduardo, if you'd like I'll e-mail you my password for the screen name "Sauron". I only use it to bait Pat=Saruman=2 dozen other screen nicknames.
Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Morbo, but it's ok. I always log on forums as "Eduardo_Sauron" (as "sauron" is always already taken, even before the movies). If I changed my screen name here, I could forgot the password, or the screen name, etc.

So...let's keep things the way they are. :-)

Well, back to Barad-Dûr (or Rio de Janeiro, hehehe).

Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
suntranafs
Member # 3318

- posted      Profile for suntranafs   Email suntranafs         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, I've spent about half an hour and I think I've got it narrowed down to about six girls.

Notes to self: get pictures of all, meet all in person, kill pixie's boyfriend...

Posts: 1103 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saruman
Member # 2275

- posted      Profile for Saruman           Edit/Delete Post 
Saruman ≠ Pat
Posts: 651 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Not all the girls are on here...in fact, it's just a few! [Wink]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

If all of them are not here in this thread, I confidently say that Hatrack have its share of "belas senhoritas" [Smile]
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Saruman ≠ Pat
True - Pat is much funnier.
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Ooh.. I never did fill this out, and what better time to waste time than the present?

Age when first kissed: 21

Appearance
Photo: I like this one best.
Hair: dark brown - reddish in the sun, and LOTS of it.
Eyes: dark brown
Smile: kind of goofy and dimply
Build: 5'9", 150ish
Ancestry: Scottish, Dutch, German Jew, Cheyenne (1/4 each)
Look-alikes: People mistake me for Shakira all the time [Smile]

Reason I am cool: Because when you're in my good graces, you eat well

Dating Status: You'll probably have to fight a tiger for me
Stalker level: Had a quasi-stalker last summer, didn't enjoy it. Now have 6'4" marine brother on red alert
Plans: Working on BFA and BS - will be done (finally!) spring 2005. I also plan to kiss my true love on the top of Mont Blanc on the France/Italy border.

Things you should know:
I insists that everyone has at least one green vegetable with each meal.
I randomly insert foreign phrases into every day conversations.
I fall asleep during most movies I try to watch.
I tend to watch way too many chick flicks for my own good.
I talk all the time. All. The. Time.

What I look for in men:
Intelligence, humor, and a laid-back attitude.
..and a fuzzy orange coat with stripes doesn't hurt [Wink]

[ October 28, 2003, 04:37 PM: Message edited by: Annie ]

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saruman
Member # 2275

quote:
True - Pat is much funnier.
But he's still not nearly as funny as you, Zan.
Posts: 651 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, give your brother a swift kick in the butt for me. I'm very aggravated with contractors today.
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie
Member # 4043

- posted      Profile for Pixie   Email Pixie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Notes to self: get pictures of all, meet all in person, kill pixie's boyfriend...
Don't you dare touch him.

Thanks for the compliment, though. [Smile] [Kiss]

Posts: 1548 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saruman
Member # 2275

What part of "Saruman ≠ Pat" did you not understand, Zan?

Engineers! [Roll Eyes]

JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
Some random thoughts since I just read the thread from start to finish after Morbo bumped it up a few days ago...

quote:
-Beca (who does not appear on "Hatrack's Most Eligible Bachelorette" because she is mortally shy of the camera)
posted March 04, 2003 10:08 AM
Yet, earlier in the thread, in Suneun's post on February 27, 2003 12:41 PM, Suneun posted a picture of Beca and herself.

quote:
What part of "Saruman ? Pat" did you not understand, Zan?
Zan?! Wasn't he one of the Wonder Twins on Superfriends?
Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beca
Member # 4340

- posted      Profile for Beca           Edit/Delete Post 
That picture exists because I was about to graduate from college and move 3,000 miles away from my friends - hence I was willing to be in pictures, because I wouldn't get to see these people for a long time.

Then, of course, I decided to return.

I'm still mortally shy of the camera. That doesn't mean I can't overcome my fears when necessary.

[Smile]

Posts: 188 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I think this photo makes me Hatrack's most eligible bachelorette. Hands down.

[Wink]

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
*Goes into ninja tiger mode and removes Annie's profile from thread* [Evil Laugh] [Wave]

(I Suppose most tiger ninjas don't wave when they work, I guess that's what makes me special).

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.