FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hatrack feminity thread, or, Hatrack's most eligible Bachelorette. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Hatrack feminity thread, or, Hatrack's most eligible Bachelorette.
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
^_^ Hiya, big boy...

Rowrrr.

quote:
Twinky is every girl's dream guy.

...or every guy's dream girl. Something like that.

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leto II
Member # 2659

- posted      Profile for Leto II   Email Leto II         Edit/Delete Post 
Suneun, those tricks are muy impressive to me. That puts you as totally nifty in my book.

And since he's mini-me, I almost feel I have to apoligize to Kama for :Locke... but I won't .

Posts: 6907 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
::hides from all the Hatrack-strutting-of-stuff going on::
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cassandra
Member # 4566

- posted      Profile for Cassandra   Email Cassandra         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm ssoooooo tempted to post something up about myself, but I think I'm a bit too young . . . are there any other 16 year olds at Hatrack?

Or am I just missing an inside joke? As usual.

[This message has been edited by Cassandra (edited February 28, 2003).]

Posts: 594 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suneun
Member # 3247

- posted      Profile for Suneun   Email Suneun         Edit/Delete Post 
Glad people liked the trapeze tricks =). Hopefully I'll learn some more tricks this spring. Especially if Mike ends up attending that Trapeze Seminar in Vermont...

Cassandra, you should go for it! Advertise away

Posts: 1892 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cassandra
Member # 4566

Oohh, goodie! Maybe it's just me being self-centered, but I love filling out profiles just for the sake of filling out profiles. . . insane

Age when first kissed: 13, but was an accident, more or less, so it doesn't really count. In other words, still waiting
Appearance
Photo: Even if I had one I wouldn't post it up. I am the least photogenic person in the entire world.
Hair: short, straight, and black. Or dark brown, for those of you who insist that black is not a real color.
Eyes: brown
Smile: I'm told I have dimples, but that doesn't necessarily make my smile any better looking
Build: 5'2 or 5'3, 121 lbs (My mom thinks I'm overweight!)
Ancestry: 100% Chinese
Look-alikes: Nadie (No one), except for me, and sometimes when I'm in a good mood I can convince myself that I look like Zhang Ziyi.
Dating Status: Not really looking, since I think I'm too young still (after that first time catastrophe), but if you can convince me that you're the Prince Charming I'm looking for, then maybe I'll be interested. And if you want my horror story about my first boyfriend, email me. I'd be glad to tell it
Stalker level: Well, my ex-boyfriend spent all of morning assembly two days ago staring at me. I blocked him from my buddy list and he kept on inventing new screennames to email me with until I finally blocked everyone but a select few people off my buddy list so he couldn't bother me any more.
Plans: To go to a good college (Like Princeton. Hahahaha, yeah right), become a foreign service officer and maybe someday ambassador of the US to Taiwan or Spain (since my parents are from Taiwan, and I speak Spanish), get married, have kids, etc., etc., etc. not necessarily in that order
Things you should know: I don't tend to talk much with people I'm not comfortable with or don't know very well, so on first take, I could come across as snooty or incredibly shy. I'm actually just incredibly shy, but once I get to know you, I can talk up a storm, especially about philosophy, traveling, movies, classical music, and the Chinese culture.

I love cooking. If my mom let me, I'd spend all day in the kitchen poring through recipe books and making stuff. I also like playing the piano (I recently won third place at an MEA competition). I'm obsessed with classical music and Lord of the Rings (no one can insult either of those two in my presence without getting a tongue lashing from me). Mmmm . . . I love reading, but I don't have time for it anymore, and I love writing, but I've heard that I suck, so *shrug*. Anything goes, I guess. I also have difficulty hiding my dislike for some people. I can't ignore things that well, and I take things a little too seriously a lot of the time, but I'm a good listener, and I give good advice. Or so my friends tell me. I guess it couldn't be all that bad, since they keep on coming back for more.

Things I like in men (boys, in my case): Intelligence is an absolute must. Um . . . an appreciation for all things Middle Earth, for music- especially for classical music. Being kind, compassionate, a good listener, and respectful is good too. Also, I need someone who'll fight with me- someone constantly agreeing with everything I say (like my ex-boyfriend) irritates me. I need someone who'll get me off my high-horse.

Posts: 594 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cassandra
Member # 4566

Filling out profiles is so much fun! I know, I know, I'm insane . . .
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
I happen to know that a few of the most gorgeous creatures here at Hatrack haven't come within ten feet of this thread.

Just a reminder, that's all, and a nod to the unspoken lovely women who aren't into this particular groove.

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I happen to know that a few of the most gorgeous creatures here at Hatrack haven't come within ten feet of this thread.

Well, why the heck not?!

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Jon Boy, as delightful and wonderful as this place may be, there are women here who just wouldn't be comfortable with a tongue-in-cheek (or not so tongue-in-cheek ) bid for the eyes of our fellow Jatrequeros. I've met some of them in person, both married and single.

Not that there is anything wrong in participating, of course. We have some of our most engaging members right here on this thread, and more power to them!

Think of it, instead, as an appreciation of the really awesome breadth and depth of variety we have here. That is, there are silent ones, too. (You know who you are.)

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Alas!
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
coil
Member # 4571

- posted      Profile for coil   Email coil         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Alas!

Seconded!

Posts: 886 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Age when first kissed: Six. Little boy named Joey Green. *bats eyes*

Appearance
Photo: Me
Hair: Golden blonde in a short pixie-ish cut. Rusty highlights in the depths of winter.
Eyes: Blue or Green, depending on the color shirt I'm wearing.
Smile: Think Meg Ryan.
Build: *flexes* toned and firm.
Ancestry: Scots-Irish but look Scandinavian
Look-alikes: Milla Jovovich, apparently. Oh, and when not congested, I sound like Jodie Foster.

Reason I am cool: Thumping Stick. 'Nuff said.
Dating Status: Engaged.
Stalker level: Mine are good, I haven't seen any of them. *paranoid*
Plans: Working as a case manager and attending grad school in the fall to get my MSW and become a clinician.

Things you should know:
I could never become a drug or alcohol addict.
I am, however, an exercise addict.
I have a strong sense of morality and fairness.
Don't underestimate me. I have an iron will.
I can think like a ten year old.
I play practical jokes.

Abilities:
Damn good cook. Sports enthusiast(whitewater kayaking, hiking, racquetball, running, biking, sailing). Am Sailing instructor. Photographer. Novelist.

Things I like in men: Honesty, loyalty, intelligence, sense of humor.

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Well, now that I've actually met a few Jatraqueras (and since this is a cool thread that shouldn't die), I'm going to cast my vote for Diosmel Duda.

[This message has been edited by Jon Boy (edited March 01, 2003).]

Pixie
Member # 4043

- posted      Profile for Pixie   Email Pixie         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't believe this is the thread that's finally brought me out of my two months of lurking. No matter. I missed you guys!

Age when first kissed: Same as above.
Photo: Sorry, no photo. Digital camera is wrecked and I doubt I'd post one even if it wasn't.
Hair: Red. As in, "I've never seen actually red hair before"-red. Never had it dyed, streaked, etc. though it does look like I have blonde highlights in summer. Also, it tends to get rather tawny in the winter. Eyes: Blue. Exact shade varies from an almost cloud-gray to sky to night-sky, depending upon both whatever I happen to be wearing and my mood.
Smile: Slight dimples. Usually don't show my teeth unless I'm laughing which is rather often.
Build: 5'4" and 109. Let's put it this way, my friend Alex pretends to outline an hourglass when describing me.
Ancestry: Half Irish, an eigth of both Italian and German, and the remaining quarter pretty much covers all of Europe.
Look-alikes: Supposedly Julia Roberts.
Reason I am cool: Get to know me and see for yourself. Sorry, I know I can't say that (see dating status) but the opportunity was too rich to pass up.
Dating Status: Taken and loving it (and him ).
Stalker level: None. ...Well, not towards anyone at least. If you mean from someone, than it's moderate. Have had 4 stalkers, one of which kept it up for 6 months before school finally let out and he had to stop.
Plans: I'm trying to get a sponsor so I can accept the invitation to Cambridge this summer. Other than that: Finish high school, and double-major in English and some sort of humanities course in college. I have two more years of high school ahead of me so I haven't quite yet planned much further than that.
Things you should know:
I'm usually very sweet and it takes a long time to get me to lose my temper but watch out when I do. My bark is my bite.
I enjoy long walks outdoors and will do practically anything to spend a day at the beach or hiking in the mountains.
I act the same way in a library or book store as most younger children do in a candy shop.
I don't drink, smoke, do drugs, or anything even remotely similar.
I'm interested in trying or learning about pretty much anything so differences are actually encouraged.
Abilities:
Danced at the Kennedy Center a few years ago and have done some non-professional work since then.
I read rather quickly and write about as much as I read.
This may sound strange but... Just helping people sort things out.
I've been figure skating for about a year now. (While it's a blast to spin and jump, I much prefer a pair of rollerblades on a summer's day.)
Medal in track and swim team.
Things I like in men: Intelligence, a sense of humor, openess to new things, loyalty, honor, etc. Feeling comfortable or "at home" is very important and little quirks are definitely nice.

Posts: 1548 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul
Member # 3904

- posted      Profile for Paul   Email Paul         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know when we are supposed to start voting, but I wanna vote for Suneun, cause she's a fox. Also, she has a lot of weapons and could probably kill me.
Posts: 1360 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

It looks like the voting's begun.
coil
Member # 4571

As I said regarding Suneun earlier...
quote:
Gorgeous, my age, and a gymnast?
Dibs!

Posts: 886 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Can we vote for bachelorettes who haven't posted on this thread? 'Cause I'd like to change my vote to a three-way tie among Diosmel Duda, hansenj, and Damander.
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

- posted      Profile for Paul Goldner   Email Paul Goldner         Edit/Delete Post 
Wait, Jaime is engaged...? *blink* I KNEW I'd been out of the loop too long.
Posts: 4112 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Damander
Member # 4439

- posted      Profile for Damander           Edit/Delete Post 
First of all, Jon Boy, you can't really tie on a thread like this, it's almost unethical(don't ask me why, it just seemed like the right thing to say). Second of all, hansenj is kinda taken (she has a missionary). But if you want to suck up to us, okay, I'll accept it Third of all, the reason I didn't post here is because everyone I know already knows I'm the most elligible bachelorette; plus I don't want to make every guy on hatrack pine for me (Disclaimer: that was a joke, I'm not this cocky in real life.)
Posts: 119 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
Excuse me Damander, you know as well as I do that we broke up before he left. I'm as available as you! But I must agree with you on the tie-vote thing. I think Jon Boy's just trying to butter us up so we'll vote for him as most eligible bachelor.
Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Unethical? Well, you certainly can't expect me to choose only one of you! That would be nigh impossible. If you want my vote, you'll have to earn it.

Though I must say, I'm a little put-off by the missionary thing, even if you "broke up." Yeah, I've heard that one before. . . .

And just so you know, I would never stoop to buttering up three lovely, talented, intelligent ladies like yourselves.

[This message has been edited by Jon Boy (edited March 02, 2003).]

Damander
Member # 4439

Quote hansenj:we broke up before he left. I'm as available as you!

*rolls on the floor laughing until her sides hurt and she can't breathe anymore*

Um, yeah...they may have broken up technically, but they are still very much in love. She wouldn't be any less available if she were engaged. The only difference right now is that she's allowed to date other people, but I can't imagine any man measuring up to him in her eyes. They are a perfect match.

(Don't hate me Jennie, I love you!)

Posts: 119 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

...psh! no comment...
Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

You two are hilarious.
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

So when are hansenj and Damander going to post their profiles? The bachelors of Hatrack are eagerly awaiting.
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

And just so you know, I would never stoop to buttering up three lovely, talented, intelligent ladies like yourselves.

*blink*

Chicken or the chicken feather? I just can't decide.

Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Huh? Is that some expression that I've never heard before?
bookmastr
Member # 4475

- posted      Profile for bookmastr   Email bookmastr         Edit/Delete Post 
Ophelia has my vote..

Posts: 33 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Damander
Member # 4439

You want my profile? Okay, I'll give you my profile...

Age of first kiss:I'll let you know...
Appearance:
Hair: blonde, shoulder length
Eyes: blue
Height: 5'2" (five foot two, eyes of blue, oh what those five feet could do. Has anybody seen my girl? <--it's a really old song)
Smile: Stunningly gorgeous (okay, I really don't know how to describe my smile, but you can't blame me for playing up, can you?)
Build: Petite, yet strong (I do have muscles, contrary to what you may think just looking at me)
Reason of coolness: I drink out of straws--how much cooler can you get?
Dating status: still single
Stalker level: I was chased by ninjas once, does that count?
Plans: become a world famous photographer (of things, not people, as Jon Boy so aptly put it), Raise a family of spectacular children who will go on to win nobel prizes
Things you should know: I'm not your typical girl. I prefer to listen rather than talk in a group, but one on one--look out. I love doing anything outdoorsy, sports-like, or adventurous, while at the same time I love music--yes, even the classical stuff. I'm LDS. And the best thing is I sleep with a pink rhinocerous

Perfect man: When I find him, I'll let you know.

hansenj
Member # 4034

Hmm...calling us cute on T_Smith's thread, asking us to post our profiles...I still think you're trying to butter us up, Jon Boy.

Oh well, here it goes:

Appearance:
Hair: Light Brown, Dirty Blond, I don't know! I've even been called a red-head before...
Eyes: BLUE...no specks of other colors, just blue--deep blue.
Smile: Always!
Build: I'd say pretty average.
Reason why I'm cool: I can quote entire Disney movies, and I have useless talents, like tying my hair in a knot with one hand and making roses out of play-dough.
Dating Status: single...for at least another year and four months
Stalker level: *giggle*
Plans: Direct choirs (Conducting is my passion), Be a mom and have fun while I'm at it, Have an AMAZING DVD collection, own a black baby grand piano, Never grow up
Things you should know:
I laugh at everything, and when I laugh at you it's not in a mocking way.
I love music of almost any kind, and I get very excited when I talk about it.
I love chocolate and roses...*hint*
I don't like oriental food, sorry.
I'm LDS.
I love reading, and when I get into a book I don't stop until I'm done with it (but that's not unusual for this forum, is it?).

Perfect Man:Do they really exist?

Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Oh, the dilemma! How can I choose? Oh, the agony of indecision!
Damander
Member # 4439

Quote:DeathofBees

Silly boys...don't you realize that in a contest between women you aren't supposed to vote AT ALL?? That it only makes the women jealous and suspicious of each other! Here's what you must do, men: vote for every girl who posted a profile, and then vote for all the girls who didn't, too. Don't leave a single one out.

Really, Jon Boy, you shouldn't have to deal with indecision at all. Now that may seem like a contradiction with when I said it was unethical for there to be a tie, but refer back to the second sentence of the quote.

Jon Boy
Member # 4284

I would like to vote for every girl who posted a profile. I'd also like to vote for every girl who didn't post a profile. I'd also like to vote for every girl who's not even a member of the Hatrack River Forum.

Better?

Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
*giggles*

I got a vote! Thanks, Karl; you're sweet.

Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toretha
Member # 2233

- posted      Profile for Toretha   Email Toretha         Edit/Delete Post 
hasenj-I have the same problem describing my hair color. my best friend, after I met her cousins, told me that after they'd dropped me off, her three cousins had had an argument about whether my hair was blond, brown or red
Posts: 3493 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Ophelia, you'll notice that I also voted for you.

Toretha, don't believe hansenj--she's just blonde.

[This message has been edited by Jon Boy (edited March 04, 2003).]

hansenj
Member # 4034

I've always thought my hair was too light to be considered any kind of brown, but Damander told me I couldn't call myself a blond either...oh well.
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! Two votes!
Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Well, it wasn't quite as blonde as Damander's, but it's still considerably lighter than mine, and I wouldn't say my hair is brown. Well, maybe light brown. I think I'm kind of on the border between light brown and dark blond. I dread the indecision I will face when getting my driver's license renewed.

[This message has been edited by Jon Boy (edited March 04, 2003).]

DeathofBees
Member # 3862

- posted      Profile for DeathofBees   Email DeathofBees         Edit/Delete Post 
*satisfied that at least one boy gets it*
*will watch Jon Boy's career with interest*

Posts: 354 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JuniperDreams
Member # 3471

- posted      Profile for JuniperDreams   Email JuniperDreams         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't believe this topic has lasted so long.

*LMAO*

Posts: 1245 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beca
Member # 4340

- posted      Profile for Beca           Edit/Delete Post 
I find it amusing that the guys who voted for Suneun are so close geographically.

Oh, and another thing she didn't mention - she cooks.

-Beca (who does not appear on "Hatrack's Most Eligible Bachelorette" because she is mortally shy of the camera)

Posts: 188 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
coil
Member # 4571

Suneun lives near me? Bonus!!
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
Oooooh. Must post, now that I'm finally back from LA.

Age when first kissed: 14.

Appearance
Photo: http://image.projectjj.dk/gfx/ph.jpg
Hair: Past my shoulders, kind of wavey, dark blonde and dyed red in the front.
Eyes: Blue-grey.
Smile: Dimpled. And usually a grin.
Build: Slim-ish. 5'11". 135 lbs.
Ancestry: Euro-mutt and a little Cherokee.
Look-alikes: I've been told I look a lot like Melissa Joan Hart.

Reason why I'm cool: Dude, I'm pH. Need I say more?
Dating Status: Single like woah. Groupies welcome.

Stalker level: I had a stalker over the summer...it was, um, interesting. He wrote me bad stalker poetry. As for me stalking...I crave attention. The worst I'd do is call multiple times.
Plans: Off to some university or other in August to study music industry. Trying to get a job touring this summer, possibly in Europe, doing merch. After college...who knows?

Things you should know:
I'm a merch girl for now. I'm insanely friendly and sometimes way too generous and trusting. I'm easily hurt, but a lot of times it doesn't show. I love people. I don't smoke or do drugs. I try to exercise as much as possible.
Abilities:
"Best merch girl in the world," according to DSA. I play the bagpipes. And keyboard in this band called Aurasis. I write a lot. I'm a national merit scholar. I usually have a very strange intuition about people...it keeps me safe.
Things I like in men: Physically, I like muscles and shaved heads, but I also like pretty boys. Like Jay Gordon. Personality-wise: Thoughtfulness, depth, sense of humor, manners, intelligence, creativity, patience, musical ability.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

My browser says I'm not authorized to view your picture, pH. It must be a little too racy or something.
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
*LOL* Yeah, you know. Me and my pr0n.

Copy and paste the address.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
coil
Member # 4571

Well dammit, and here I'd already decided which hatracker to pine after. Thanks a lot, pH!
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Okay, hansenj, after seeing your picture again, I guess your hair is kind of light brown.
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.