FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hatrack feminity thread, or, Hatrack's most eligible Bachelorette. (Page 5)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Hatrack feminity thread, or, Hatrack's most eligible Bachelorette.
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Kitsune:
I have a harlem of men

Harlem men?
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kitsune
Member # 8290

- posted      Profile for Kitsune   Email Kitsune         Edit/Delete Post 
Heeeeeey, so you've met my pals already? [Razz]
Posts: 147 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'm the typical nerdy Asian (games, DDR, anime, books), except that I suck in math.
We should start a club. I was an English major, until I dropped out of college.
Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kitsune
Member # 8290

quote:
Originally posted by erosomniac:
I was an English major, until I dropped out of college.

Dropped out of college? Do you have traditional Asian parents? 'Cause if you do, why aren't you beaten to death yet?
Posts: 147 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

quote:
Dropped out of college? Do you have traditional Asian parents? 'Cause if you do, why aren't you beaten to death yet?
I'm yonsei (generation 4), so they're not exactly traditional, although they were still upset. They got over it when, within two years of leaving, I was making more money than they were.
Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to be a total grammar nazi for a second and say that it should be either "age of first kiss." "Age when first kiss" makes zero grammatical sense.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
Or "Age when first kissed."
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jennabean
Member # 8590

- posted      Profile for jennabean   Email jennabean         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay, my computer finally works! Which means... pictures of me!

Isolde WHO? It's Tristan & Jennabean.

Posts: 308 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

Wait, wait wait - since when do you have bangs?

And are you SMILING in the second picture?

jennabean
Member # 8590

I've had bangs since December 31st. It's what girls like me do when we're depressed. Get hair cuts.

And yes, Tristan makes me smile [Smile] .

Posts: 308 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
*developing a crush on Evie based on description*
*blushes* Tee hee hee. Aww,shucks.
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

jenna - I totally agree. Although I have to say that I swoon more for the James Dean side of James Franco rather than the Tristan side. But either way *swoon*
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ifmyheartcouldbeat
Member # 8692

- posted      Profile for ifmyheartcouldbeat   Email ifmyheartcouldbeat         Edit/Delete Post 
dont ask me what i'm doing up at this hour..but this will give me something to do [Smile]

first kiss: 13 i believe

Appearances: I'm on the left

and

front and center [Razz]

on christmas
with a puppy

Hair: shoulder length straight blonde..picture kinda gives you a better idea [Razz]
Eyes: greeeeen
Smile: just like my mommys
Build: tall, slim, NOT athletic [Smile]

Look alikes: ive been told julia styles..and kate moss..haha..i dont see either

Reason I'm cool: I am always up for anything at any hour (this is why i sleep with my phone on) and i could watch buffy episodes one after the other after the other after the other (and i do) i'm singer :)I love poetry. I love musical theatre.

Dating status: Very Single

Stalker level:haha..do i have them? a few yes. Pretty creepy..am i one? On some levels you could say that. we all have a little stalker in us.

Plans: journalism major. want to work in disney at some point and want to move to england for some amount of months. I want to learn to play guitar so i can write songs.I want to learn to snowboard!

Things you should know:
-I hate liars.
-I'm really bad at sharing. [Smile]
-My sister's a hatracker as well.
-I dont like chocolate..or sweet things very much.
-i'm obsessed with buffy/harry potter/LOTR
-I take things to heart too much.
-I'm proabably the messiest girl you'll ever meet.
-I love being on stage..but i hate being the center of attention and "in the spotlight" ..go figure

Perfect man:spontaneous, fun, loving, caring, confident, funny and EMOTIONAL STABLE ..thats a big one. I tend to attract guys who aren't..hah

Posts: 82 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celaeno
Member # 8562

- posted      Profile for Celaeno   Email Celaeno         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, your links don't work. If you're looking for somewhere else to host pictures, I'd try (http://imageshack.us). I've been using it for almost two years now with no problems.
Posts: 866 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ifmyheartcouldbeat
Member # 8692

- posted      Profile for ifmyheartcouldbeat   Email ifmyheartcouldbeat         Edit/Delete Post 
if those didn't work...
first

second

different one then the other [Dont Know]

Posts: 82 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celaeno
Member # 8562

Those are adorable pics!

Okay, my turn. I'm a lurker, but I wanted to participate anyway.

Age when first kissed: I was fifteen. I guess that's a little on the late side, but I was a prude--just ask my first two boyfriends.

Appearance
Photo: Here and here. I took the first picture in Durham, England and the second last night at my country western friend's birthday party.
Hair: Black with layers.
Eyes: Unremarkable but I like them anyway.
Smile: I have an easygoing smile even though I'm not much of an easygoing person.
Build: 5'3" and I'm exceptionally tiny, but it suits me.
Ancestry: Okinawan and Japanese.
Look-alikes: This guy once told me that I looked like Catherine Zeta-Jones, but he was just trying to hit on me and I didn't appreciate it.

Reason I am cool: How about an answer more pertinent to the thread? You'll think I'm cool because I know I am.

Dating Status: I'm not looking, but I'm open-minded.
Stalker Level: What exactly am I supposed to write here? The degree to which I've been stalked? The degree to which I stalk? I've had issues with stalkers in the past, so let's not get into that. And I only stalk others as much as your average college girl does armed with facebook, AIM, myspace, and blogs.
Plans: Finish up the philosophy and economics majors and the religious studies and creative writing minors. Go to a top law school (like UChicago). I don't necessarily want to become a lawyer, but I do enjoy studying law. I'll figure it out.

Things you should know:
-There are two questions that I ask before I get involved with someone. 1) Is he extremely religious? 2) Is he extremely conservative? If the answer to either is yes, then it's a no go. The key word is "extremely."
-I'm a feminist but not militantly.
-There are a lot of things I can take, but lying is always the last straw. This has become more true in the last couple of years than it used to be.
-My favorite sentence pattern: "Independent clause; transitional adverb, independent clause."

Perfect Man:
Edit: I only just realized that this category changed somewhere between the first page and the last, so I had to reword my reply.
-Someone with whom I can talk for hours. I don't mean when I first meet him--that's easy. There's always a lot to say at the beginning of a relationship. I'm attracted to people that I continue to have great conversations with after weeks or months or years.
-Someone who properly use big words in everyday speech. Sexy.
-Someone with self confidence to an almost ridiculous degrees is great, as long as it's deserved and not an act.
-Relating to the above, someone who's at least as smart as I am.

[ January 16, 2006, 06:31 AM: Message edited by: Celaeno ]

Posts: 866 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ifmyheartcouldbeat
Member # 8692

love the hat Cel [Smile]
0range7Penguin
Member # 7337

- posted      Profile for 0range7Penguin           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Someone with self confidence to an almost ridiculous degrees is great, as long as it's deserved and not an act.
-originally posted by Celeano.

In my experiance its all an act to a degree. Even the James Bonds of the world don't know what to do some times, but the trick they have is the appearance of calmness. Confidence is like bravery. Its not the absence of fear/butterflies, its the ability to cope with them. [Big Grin]

Posts: 832 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
Fifteen is late? Oh man, my first kiss was at age twenty and it was on a dare and after a bottle of Jim Beam [Razz]
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lissande
Member # 350

- posted      Profile for Lissande   Email Lissande         Edit/Delete Post 
I was 23. Fifteen is definitely not late. [Big Grin]
Posts: 2762 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kitsune
Member # 8290

Wow, Celaeno, you're gorgeous! Thank you for giving credit to hot Asian girls [Smile] And who said 15 was late?! Do girls even get periods by then?? [Razz]
Kitsune
Member # 8290

quote:
Originally posted by erosomniac:
[QUOTE]I'm yonsei (generation 4), so they're not exactly traditional, although they were still upset. They got over it when, within two years of leaving, I was making more money than they were.

Aiya, tell my parents not to trip if I don't make it to UCLA. They're threatening to disown me [Big Grin]
Evie3217
Member # 5426

Celaeno - you've been to Durham? I did an exchange trip over there, and I LOVED it. Did you go to Durham cathedral?
Celaeno
Member # 8562

quote:
Originally posted by 0range7Penguin:
[QUOTE] In my experiance its all an act to a degree. Even the James Bonds of the world don't know what to do some times, but the trick they have is the appearance of calmness. Confidence is like bravery. Its not the absence of fear/butterflies, its the ability to cope with them. [Big Grin]

Oh, how embarrassing. I hate typos. I meant degree. And I agree with you, to a point. I meant that I like a guy who's smart and knows it.

quote:
Originally posted by MyrddinFyre:
Fifteen is late? Oh man, my first kiss was at age twenty and it was on a dare and after a bottle of Jim Beam [Razz]

Okay, so I guess fifteen isn't late. It just felt late.

quote:
Originally posted by Evie3217:
Celaeno - you've been to Durham? I did an exchange trip over there, and I LOVED it. Did you go to Durham cathedral?

I stayed in Durham for five weeks over the summer and our dorms (St. Cuthbert's) were a two minute walk from the cathedral. Our classes were in the building adjacent to it. Durham Cathedral is quite possibly the most gorgeous building I've seen in my life, but I think I've decided that I can't ever go back because it won't be the same. I want to keep the memories I have of this summer uncorrupted. Maybe that's silly.
erosomniac
Member # 6834

quote:
Aiya, tell my parents not to trip if I don't make it to UCLA. They're threatening to disown me
I could come up with all kinds of rational arguments for you to use, but we both know I'd be wasting my time [Smile] .

And, really, most any of the UC schools is pretty darn good.

Kitsune
Member # 8290

Which college did you drop out from?

My brother got into UCLA, and from my parents logic, he and I are the exact same which means I will get into UCLA too. But whatevah!

erosomniac
Member # 6834

It could be worse - your parents could be SUPER traditional asian, in which case they'd expect you to not bother with college, instead focusing on marrying rich, because as a girl you clearly have no independent future.
Celaeno
Member # 8562

My grandma told my sister, "It's okay, you're a girl. Girls don't need to be smart."
Kitsune
Member # 8290

Whenever I accidentally show interest in a guy near the proximity of my folks, they suddenly tell me that if I want a boyfriend they'll just sell me in China.

:'(

But anyway! Do you guys mean, first kiss as in a guy was dared to kiss you, or a romantic, iloveyousomuch kiss?

erosomniac
Member # 6834

quote:
But anyway! Do you guys mean, first kiss as in a guy was dared to kiss you, or a romantic, iloveyousomuch kiss?
I think any kiss where you wanted it and/or initiated it counts. So where some dude kissing you on a dare probably wouldn't count, you kissing a guy you wanted to kiss on a dare probably would...?

That's what I think, at least.

Celaeno
Member # 8562

So a guy trying to kiss you and then you doing a Matrix-like move to dodge wouldn't count, right?
jennabean
Member # 8590

HAha
erosomniac
Member # 6834

quote:
So a guy trying to kiss you and then you doing a Matrix-like move to dodge wouldn't count, right?
[Roll Eyes] [Razz] [Roll Eyes] [Razz]

No.

Kitsune
Member # 8290

What if you were the kisser and the kissee tried to dodge but you still landed it? Does that count as a kiss?
erosomniac
Member # 6834

quote:
What if you were the kisser and the kissee tried to dodge but you still landed it? Does that count as a kiss?
If you meant it romantically, I say yes. [Big Grin]
Kitsune
Member # 8290

Oh.... hm. Oh and uh, yeah, a friend of mine did that. Not me. ^_^
Celaeno
Member # 8562

I'd say it only counts if the kissee responded, because a kiss requires the involvement of two parties.

Oh, wait, I just realized I was definitely sixteen not fifteen.

Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
ifmyheartcouldbeat, you're a singer too? [Smile] That's awesome! And you're 19! I hope we're not the same person... [Razz] (Nah, you're prettier).

Are you in school? I'm studying voice at DePauw... anyway, I just wanted to say hi... it seems we share common interests! [Wave]

I also LOVE musical theatre, btw.

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm well, I haven't had a *romantic* first kiss yet. I'm totally not a prude, either, just not interested [Smile]
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ifmyheartcouldbeat
Member # 8692

quote:
Originally posted by Raia:
ifmyheartcouldbeat, you're a singer too? [Smile] That's awesome! And you're 19! I hope we're not the same person... [Razz] (Nah, you're prettier).

Are you in school? I'm studying voice at DePauw... anyway, I just wanted to say hi... it seems we share common interests! [Wave]

I also LOVE musical theatre, btw.

hey Raia!..uh oh..are we the same person? [Smile] I'm a journalism major at Kutztown University but my minor is Music. My aim is Caitshmait29 if you want to IM me sometime so we can discuss are shared love of musical theatre ..do so [Wave] [Smile]
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
jennabean is adorable. [Smile]

Newer pictures (from August). My hair is a little darker now. And it's usually wavy and much more disheveled. I have hot bedhead.

But uh. I will hopefully no longer be eligible soon. [Wink] And this 'un, I might actually invite to Hatrack. *resists urge to brag*

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
!!!

Congrats, pH!

ifmyheartcouldbeat, will do. [Smile]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omega M.
Member # 7924

- posted      Profile for Omega M.           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Kitsune:

Build: I used to be athletic (swim and waterpolo x 10000) but I got in a fistfight with my swim coach (jk about the fists [Razz] ) and quit the team. So all my muscles turned into flab. I'm this... walking blob of flabby fat. Gah.

Don't worry Kitsune, I'm sure if you just go back to the gym and lift weights along with your swimming, you'll get back in shape and feel really good about yourself.

Hmmm, why did you name yourself "Kitsune"? I know it means "fox," but does it refer to something more specific?

Posts: 781 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
It's hilarious to look back at this thread and count off all the bachelorettes who are married/engaged/no longer single. It's even more hilarious to count the ones who are married/engaged/no longer single with other Jatraqueros.

I guess this thread really works! I should post in it....

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

Psh. I'm still single. Technically. Although a year ago, I was engaged.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Psh. I'm still single. Technically
[ROFL] [ROFL]
I'm sorry. However, I can really understand you on that one. The "Technically" part that is. Especially since I still fall into that category.

Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

- posted      Profile for Advent 115   Email Advent 115         Edit/Delete Post 
Just remember that single women on Hatrack, like female scientests, are hunted to extinction by the male Hatrack comunity. [Big Grin]
Posts: 1941 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

Okay, this seems like the appropriate thread to post this in. I was trying on skirts in between class. The scandalous skirts I haven't been able to wear since August.

My legs are awesome now. So I put on heels, and now they're more awesome. I'm parading around my living room in my tiniest skirt and heels so that I can see my hot legs in the mirror. Being 6' rules!

[Razz]

-pH

Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
She teases even when she posts. This just isn't fair. [Razz]
Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cheiros do ender
Member # 8849

- posted      Profile for cheiros do ender   Email cheiros do ender         Edit/Delete Post 
pH is definitely the coolest looking person on hatrack.
Posts: 1138 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.